New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Ashmoor(IC)

1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Ashmoor(IC)

Lucan raises his eyebrows in surprise, then a smile comes on his face. Well, I'm sure there's some way we can make that hurdle. whether it be disguise or simply Devion going in first.
    Last edited by GreenMuffin; 2010-07-19 at 04:22 PM.
    My Avatar Adoption Center
    (I take personal avatar requests!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a True Neutral Gnome Bard (1st level)

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shade shakes her head, looking at you doubtfully. sighing, she slumps here shoulders and says, "I see you really do have no sense of self preservation. Still," a sly smile creeping across her face, "The least I could do is insure you make it there alive. If you have no other business I'll take you there myself.
    Last edited by Emlyn; 2010-07-21 at 03:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

3. - Top - End - #543

That would be appreciated. However, I think that a hat may help. With my pointy ears covered I may be able to pass as a half-elf. Lucan says
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #544

"No no no, silly. Just look at yourself." she chides. "Your ears are just the beginning. Your face, body shape and build, all are dead giveaways to him, and any half-elf that knows what to look for. Haven't you noticed this in yourself? Full elves, if they try, can always tell the difference between a half-elf and full blood. Otherwise, don't you think we'd try to blend into the elven district? No, there's is some quality that, while indescribable, defines an elf, while half-elves don't posses it."
    Spoiler
    Show

A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

5. - Top - End - #545

Devion

The halfling frowns and says, "This is rather confusing then. Why would the Keepers sends us to someone that hates full bloods. They were rather influential around here, right? You'd think they would know something like this and the problems it might cause. Maybe they meant for just me to meet him"

6. - Top - End - #546

Lucan frowns, his plan was destroyed. Well, then, what do you suggest we do? You know him more than we do. Lucan says grumpily.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #547

"Oh cheer up now, it was a decent plan. But yes you are right, they were aware of his feelings. But honestly," her voice turning serious, "Since you are determined to go through with your rescue, he's pretty much your only option for not being hunted down later. It's dangerous, risky, and could very likely get you both killed. But, I don't see how else you can pull your rescue off. I'll do what I can to ease things over with him, after all, the roguish smile returning to her face, "I owe you."
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

8. - Top - End - #548

All right, then. We can go as soon as you are ready to take us. Lucan says.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #549

Devion

"Everyone has to die eventually. Might as well die doing something worth while, yeah?" Devion says nodding at Lucan. "Let's get going."

10. - Top - End - #550

"Just let me change into something more appropriate." Without further ado, she jumps of her bed, the flimsy nightgown left in a heap as she saunters over to her dresser. A light leather vest and pants are quickly slipped into, a far more conservitive dress then her recent display would imply she prefers. A pair of boots finishes the outfit, with her twin knives being slipped into their sheathes around her waist. "Sorry for not being ready this early, last night was a late one. Hope that wasn't inconvenient for you?
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

11. - Top - End - #551

Not at all. It just meant we had to ask for you rather than find you. Lucan says Allright, Let's see what we can get from this Faceless guy.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #552

Her smile dims slightly, hurt that Lucan showed no expression from her display. Brushing past him, she takes off at a brisk pace away from the bar. It quickly becomes evident that if Shade hadn't been along it would have been neigh impossible to find him. She quickly leads you off the main roads and into the maddening maze of back alleys and streets that makes up most of the district. Surprisingly Shade says nothing the whole time, her characteristic smile gone. The people you pass quickly move out of the way, eyes downcast and afraid. Even the gang members you pass say nothing, one look at Shade and they leave you alone. At last she stops in front of a grim looking building, tucked at the end of a dead end. She turns to you, her voice deadly serious. "This is the place. I'll introduce you both, but you'll have to convince him to help you. If you have any questions or ideas, this is the last time to voice them."
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

13. - Top - End - #553

After much thought, Lucan asks Do you know what business the keepers have had with him?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554

"Faceless is the type of man who people use when they need to disappear, but still live a normal life. The church has taken in many who were targeted by gangs and such and would be dead if they couldn't change who they were."
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

15. - Top - End - #555

Lucan nods Well I'm ready whenever you two are. Here goes nothing!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556

Devion

Lightning jumps between the Halfling's fingers, showing his excitement. He nods saying, "I'm ready to meet this fellow mage."

17. - Top - End - #557

Shade walks up to the door, knocks, and says, "Its Shade, I've come to ask a favor." The door opens silently inward and she beckons you through. Once inside, the door shuts behind you as softly as it opened. The room you are in is dark, only light by a shaft of light coming through a dusty skylight. You can just make out the outline of a door along each wall, as well as a staircase that leads up to a balcony that rings the room. A voice rings out, seemingly from every direction at once, "Shade is it? And I see you've brought friends. Tell me Shade, why do you come?"

"These two have a favor to ask, I merely brought them here." she replies. She turns to you with an expectant look.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

18. - Top - End - #558

We have an interest in rescuing the keepers. If you haven't heard, they were imprisoned. They are going to be executed, and we are determined that shall not happen. The keepers said you could help me in this project, so we've come to humbly ask for your assistance. Lucan says, looking at the roof.
    Last edited by GreenMuffin; 2010-08-11 at 08:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #559

Perception to see if I know where it's coming from.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception: (1d20+9)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560

Devion

Devion looks up blinking in the darkness. He decides to lather on a bit of flattery to get the mage on their side. "Sir, Faceless" He says loudly into the inky black room, "I come to you as a fellow, albeit a lesser mage. I have heard of your mastery over illusion and it would be an honor to watch you work."

21. - Top - End - #561

Oh! I just realized I also should use a diplomacy check.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+1)[6]

DANG!
    Last edited by GreenMuffin; 2010-08-11 at 11:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562

While Lucan can't determine the exact source, it seems like its actually coming from somewhere on the balcony, but its far too dark to see up there. "What is this!? An elf dares come to me to ask for help? And after this same elf lead to the keepers arrest! Stop your filthy lying tongue. I will hear no more of this."
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

23. - Top - End - #563

Devion

Devion steps in front of Lucan and holds his hands out to the side, "Please Faceless, look past this man's race. His intentions are good and true. He met hatred here in the Outcast district, but he sees trough it to the good of the people here. He wishes to help the people in this district, despite in inherent hate they feel toward him. Please allows to be heard before you put judgment upon us."

Diplomacy
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+11)[22]

24. - Top - End - #564

"Little one, while I admire your words and beliefs, it saddens me to see that you to are corrupted by his lies. Can't you see that they are nothing but demons, bidding thier time to stab you in the back?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

25. - Top - End - #565

I practically grew up here, and I want to help here. I have seen the hardship here, and I am determined to raise the standards of living here. The arrest of the keepers was to right a wrong done to myself. After having righted that wrong, I realized just what the keepers were doing to improve life down here. That is why I am determined to cut the rope that hangs them. Lucan pauses and thinks What wrong has my race done to you? I would like to know why you despise me so.

Diplomacy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+1)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

"Your race exiled my kind to this hell hole for no other reason then we wernt full elves. Then they have the nerve to take us as slaves and servents, abusing and exploiting our plight. Then when you come to help, you lie and betray. I lost everything because of you kind. So what do you say to that, elf?" the voice dripping with venom.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

27. - Top - End - #567

Lucan nods and looks up sympathetically We elves are not the ones in control here. Elves have close to no say in the government. It was not us who threw you in here. We, who have no control, need help to make enough money to feed our families, just as you do. This is much easier to do with hired work, even if those elven families do not have enough to constantly pay for their help. He pauses and looks straight ahead. All of this does not give any reason where we would lie. Even if in your mind we are thieves, that doesn't mean that we're liars too. And even if in your mind many of my kind are thieves and liars. He looks back up That doesn't mean I am too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+1)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568

"You vile serpent!" the voice screams. "How dare you come here and lecture me! Your people have a seat on the council, mine recieves beatings because we exist. Yet you talk as if our kind was equal. Enough! Shade, why would you bring me this wretch? And personally escort him here at that?"
    "He's telling the truth, he's here to help." she replies earnestly.
    "What!?" Has he fooled you as well? No, you are a master of double talk and seeing through falsehoods, you know what he is. But that does not answer why you are here. No, it can't be!" the voice becoming incredulese. "You have feelings for this elf?"
    "I, um..." her voice stammering.
    "Unbelieveable, this ends now. I should wipe you from this world and put an end to your vileness."
    Last edited by Emlyn; 2010-08-13 at 05:41 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony avatar by self

29. - Top - End - #569

Devion

Devion steps forward his mismatched eyes full of anger "Faceless you can you not see that you are blinded by your own prejudice and hatred? Are there not both good and bad half-elfs? Is it so hard to believe this elf here can be good? The Keepers are convinced they will hang in two days time, but they sent us to you because they believe you are the only one that can help save them! You should be honored to have been named for this task! Are you prepared to let those to men die because you refuse to work with a full-blooded elf!

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy

(1d20+11)[20]

Last edited by WarBrute; 2010-08-13 at 09:39 AM.