New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Brighthammer 40K

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, now that you mention it, it is kinda absent.

But where did they drop it? the last time i saw it was in the old orc codex.
    Yup, an excellent point. I really enjoyed the "old" Orks and all of their kitsch. The decision was made to make them more "serious" around the transition to third edition (right?)...about the same time GW seemed to assume that people couldn't do arithmetic, homogenized hand-to-hand weapons (made me wanna model space marines with boards-with-nails-in-them or bags of doorknobs as their CC weapons), gutted vehicles as support platforms...oh, sorry, was I old-guy ranting there?

Anyway, I hadn't consider that...Orks were the last bastion of "fun" armies, featuring shokk attack guns, go-fasta red paint and armies consisting of one special character and 360 gretchin...I guess people couldn't take the futuristic battle game featuring genetically modified human hybrids, space elves, Geiger-inspired bug armies and technicolor daemons seriously if the fungus-grown green skinned warmongers weren't "hard core".

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

2. - Top - End - #62
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    Anyway, I hadn't consider that...Orks were the last bastion of "fun" armies, featuring shokk attack guns, go-fasta red paint and armies consisting of one special character and 360 gretchin...I guess people couldn't take the futuristic battle game featuring genetically modified human hybrids, space elves, Geiger-inspired bug armies and technicolor daemons seriously if the fungus-grown green skinned warmongers weren't "hard core".
    Going by second-hand info here, but IIRC, old-style Orks were actually more realistic in some respects, in that they actually understood and knew how to build their vehicles and technology. I reckon modern-day Orks have nothing to offer thematically that isn't covered better by the 'Nids.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, now that you mention it, it is kinda absent.

But where did they drop it? the last time i saw it was in the old orc codex.
    When GW started making obscene amounts of money from 40 K ?
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem