New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Clearing in the Countryside II

Waterstrider stays silent for a while, running his thumb over the back of his hand to try and sooth her. "There's a bed for you to sleep on just across the hall if you're tired." He tells her, not saying that he'd find someplace else, even though he just wanted to hold and comfort her until they both fell asleep.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ogre in the Playground

It goes without saying that she couldn't handle lying in a bed with anyone. Not even someone she trusts.

"I could use some sleep." It's been a stressful day after all. Renetta gives his hand one last squeeze then stands, abandoning the rest of her food. She tries to give him a hug before heading to the room to sleep.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider gives her a weak hug. "Sleep well. If you need me, I'll be here." He tells her. Once she wanders off, he watches her go with a sigh before heading to a closet, grabbing a blanket and pillow, and making himself a little bed in the hallway outside of her room. He wants to drift to sleep, but forces himself to lay awake for a while, waiting to see if she needs anything.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good night." She says quietly before going into the room.

There's not much noise coming from the room. Renetta actually opts to sleep in the robe rather than naked. She's not particularly comfortable without wearing something. So soon enough she drifts off. It's likely the best sleep she's had in ages.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

After an hour of listening through the wall and door, Waterstrider figure he's safe enough to fall asleep. He doesn't wear the robe to sleep though, uncomfortable with it under the covers, and instead uses it as another blanket before falling asleep on the hard floor. Ironically, it'll be the best sleep he's had in forever as well.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

The following morning Renetta wakes up groggily. As nice as the sleep was, she still feels fatigued. She slips out of bed and adjusts her robe. She ignores her slightly upset stomach as she opens the door out of the room.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta will possibly trip over the sleeping Waterstrider depending on if she heads towards the front door or not though. He's sprawled on top of his blanket, but partly under the robe, keeping him somewhat decent, even if his tail is poking out from under it somewhat.

He seems...peaceful. For the first time in a long time, even if he's guarding her room to make sure she's safe from harm.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta manages to not trip over Waterstrider due to her tendency to look downward. She guesses why he was sleeping there and smiles slightly. The elf kneels on the floor next to him and reaches out tentatively to stroke the top of his head.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider doesn't wake at the touch, too exhausted to, but even so, his form visibly tenses for just a moment before relaxing fully. His head rolls to the side a bit, towards her touch, and he lets out a long and slow sigh of contentment.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

The elf kneels there a little bit longer before standing and going into the kitchen. She doesn't feel like eating herself, but figures she'd might as well get some food for Waterstrider.

Soon the smell of eggs frying will fill the cabin. Perhaps that will be enough to awake the sleeping wolfen.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider gives a bit of a groan at the smell of eggs, feeling his stomach clench a bit at the scent, and slowly gets up, achy. He pauses halfway to his knees, sniffing the air, and noticing that Renetta had been petting him. He can't help but smile just a bit as he finishes getting up, wrapping the robe around his waist before entering the kitchen. "Sleep well?" He asks a bit awkwardly, unused to this after so long.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta turns, giving the wolfen a small smile. "Actually, yes." For the first time in months. "Do you like eggs? I didn't feel up to making more. Oh." She turns around to flip the eggs.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider moves up behind her and tries to rest his head on her shoulder. "Anything is wonderful." He tells her, watching her cook and nuzzling her a bit. He frowns a bit when he sees the amount she's cooking. "Going to eat anything? You need to if you want to recover. You ate barely anything last night."

And you're eating for at least two now...

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta tenses slightly when he touches her, but relaxes quickly. "I'm just not hungry. I feel a little sick actually." She serves up the eggs on a plate and holds them up under his nose. "There you go."

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

She may notice that Waterstrider shivers a bit at the mention of her being sick, but takes the plate of food. "You should still eat just a bit. And do you know why you're sick?" He asks, already thinking he knows the answer.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll eat something at dinnertime then." Renetta says to appease him. Though she doubts she'll feel like eating then either.

"I don't know. I've been feeling a little sick and tired for a few days now. Just coming down with something I guess."

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider gives her a concerned look, but eventually sits and begins to eat.
    "If you think it could help, I can start hunting again, to bring in something fresh. You should probably rest though."

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta sits across from him and frowns slightly. "Shouldn't you be the one resting. You're still hurt, Waterstrider. You can worry about hunting after you're better."

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

He sighs. "Maybe I should be, but if you're sick, you take priority. I'm just a bit bruised and battered. Nothing that shouldn't heal soon."

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's not that bad. Just a little queasy. I'll probably be fine in a couple days." She smiles reassuringly. "You don't have to worry about me so much. We're both going to be okay now." She pauses a second, a concerned look in her eyes. "There's... nothing wrong, is there?"

21. - Top - End - #651
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider wants to stay silent, to lie, to tell her that there's nothing wrong. He pushes his plate aside, untouched, unable to look her in the eyes, unable to lie, and takes her hand. "It...it's not just us two. Hasn't been for a while."

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

"What do you mean?" The elf squeezes his hand. If he was looking at her he'd see the confusion and worry on her face. "I don't understand."

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Waterstrider stays silent for another moment before standing up and trying to pull her into an embrace."You're...you're...with child." he says weakly. "Can smell it."

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta freezes in his arms. She stays that way in a shocked silence for a while, holding Waterstrider tight against her. "It can't be." She whispers. But now that she's thinking about it, the signs are there. She buries her face in his shoulder and starts to cry.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-06-15 at 03:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

"Shhh...it'll be okay. I'll help you through it." He whispers to her. After a moment, he'll try to pick her up and take her to the bedroom to give her a place to curl up.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta will allow herself to be carried to the bedroom, not in any state to resist if she wanted to. Once in the bed she curls up into a tight ball, still weeping bitterly.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

The wolfen turns his back on her, about to leave, but cringes at the thought. After a moment, he turns to her once more and moves to slip onto the bed behind her, holding her close if she'll allow him to.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Renetta won't stop him from lying in bed with her, though she tenses significantly when he does. She stays curled up in a ball, every muscle in her body tense and tears flowing freely down her face. If he stays with her long enough she will start to gradually relax, though it will take some time.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

He stays with her, even after she tenses, and will stroke her gently, like she did to him while asleep, to try and get her to relax. After a moment's thought, he begins to whisper in wolfen, some sort of song or poem, and even though it's consisting of mostly growls and other harsh sounding words, is slow and soothing.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

She slowly, very slowly, starts to relax. At length she will tentatively uncurl and put her arms around Waterstrider.