New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Nemesis Squad, Cadian 113th (IC)

Commissar

Rotha knew better than to execute them over such a minor infraction, but she knew it was the threat of execution that kept men in line more than the actual results. At least, until the fighting started. And it certainly seemed to be starting. She slows, crouches and falls in line behind the sergeant. Refusing or acting on her own would interfere with morale, and she was mostly here to observe and correct morale problems. She clicks her micro-bead back on then pulls out her laspistol quickly. Thinking quickly she attempts to soothe the nerves of the soldiers and sub-vocalizes across the vox-link.

"As long as we keep the Emperor in our hearts then no enemy can stand against us."

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness: (1d100)[54] vs 36. Forgot my +10 from my commissar hat.
    Command: (1d100)[53] vs 30(40 against Guardsmen). To soothe some nerves.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Damn Brock mutters low enough not to activate the micro-bead. “Cover!” He sub vocalized.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[53] Command vs. 50
    Bright red streaks of las fire and the dull cough and flash of heavy stubber fire light up the night, stabbing down from the hill top. The tracers from the heavy stubber track toward the clanking Tech Priest Draxis, while the las fire gropes out blindly for Father Lucius, Guardsman Igs, and Commissar Esmella.

Spoiler
    Show
    The first fire team, all the PC’s but Silvanus are at 100 metres out. Silvanus and the second fire team are 200 metres out.

Thanks to Father Lucius, all PC's get a +20 to Willpower checks vs. fear and suppression.

Father Lucius: Las Rifle Fire (1d100)[100] vs 20 (Base 30 +10 Semi auto, -20 Shadow)
    Tech Priest Draxis: Heavy Stubber Fire (1d100)[40] vs 20 (Base 30 +20 full auto, -20 shadow)
    Guardsman Igs: Las Rifle Fire (1d100)[58] vs 20 (Base 30 +10 Semi auto, -20 Shadow)
    Commissar Esmella: Las Rifle Fire (1d100)[94] vs 20 (Base 30 +10 Semi auto, -20 Shadow)

All the shots fly wide. In all some 6-8 lasguns and 1 heavy stubber are firing.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2009-12-17 at 10:37 PM.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Draxis:

As shots lance out, the techpriest attempts to find cover and prepares his long las to return fire, taking aim.

He quickly relates what he learned to Brock:

"Sergeant, I am detecting a small structure built into the hill where your sniper indicated. There are a number of contacts, at least a dozen, maybe more. Some are aboveground, but I believe the majority are inside."

Disregard this post:
    Spoiler
    Show

Slowing considerably to interpret the result of his auspex and to try to quiet the noise of his armor, Draxis hissed into the vox-bead.

"Sergeant, I am detecting a small structure built into the hill where your sniper indicated. There are a number of contacts, at least a dozen, maybe more. Some are aboveground, but I believe the majority are inside."

He then turned his attention more to picking his steps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move silently, if I can try again by moving more slowly:
    (1d100)[12](12) vs 19 ... not that I expect much of an improvement. If this is not ok, disregard.

OOC: Who, if anyone do I report to? The sergeant has military command of this mission, correct, and the commissar is independent of that? It is what I assumed.

Can I find cover, ready my long las, and take aim with my action this round?
    Last edited by LTSearchEngine; 2009-12-17 at 10:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Group
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ground has small rises and dips along with several impact craters, so there is cover. Those who wish to take it and fire will have their legs protected. Those who wish to take cover like craven scum will have full cover.

Sergeant Brock is in Command of the Squad and all report to him, save the Commissar and her adjutant, who are aside of the command structure. At least until Esmellia deems otherwise.

Draxis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, you kneel down(free action), Aim(Standard Action), and Fire(Standard Action).
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2009-12-17 at 10:55 PM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Zane

Zane moves forward and takes limited cover in one of the craters. While it may not be much it's better than nothing.

Readying his gun, he prepared to give cover to others with longer ranged weapons.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

As the priest voice chirps over the vox bead...

Sounds like a bunker sarge Ill move forward and try to crack it.

Before he gets a affirmative to his actions he begins to move. He sprints up the hill letting his lasgun drop to his left swinging by its strap as he hefted the grenade launcher and spun the cylinder to the krak grenades. His feet moving from crater to crater as he swiftly as he can keeping his head down.

Spoiler
    Show

free action to change weapons
    full action run up the hill at the bunker
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2009-12-18 at 12:46 AM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Draxis:

Taking aim at the heavy stubber gunner, Draxis looses a shot from his long las, feeling the machine spirit of the precise weapon roar in approval of his aim.

Spoiler
    Show

BS: (1d100)[15](15) vs 55 (BS+10 (aim) +10 (accurate))
    Note that I have the photo-visor, but I am not sure if that ablates any penalties in this situation.
    Damage (rolled in OOC thread): 9 with AP1. Body hit, if it is indeed a hit.

With the extra 2d10, that comes to 24 (!) damage.
    Last edited by LTSearchEngine; 2009-12-19 at 12:43 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Rotha

The shots that illuminated the area around Rotha only highlighted her fearlessness. She did not scramble or die for the dirt. Instead she simply stood, watched and calmly raised her laspistol to return fire. "We are the only squad dispatched to scout, correct sergeant? Then they must be the Enemy."

When the demo-guardsman moved forward, she aimed to provide covering fire. "It would behoove you to cover him, unless you wish to bring him back in a body-bag."

Spoiler
    Show
    Firing at long range: -10, Aiming: +10, Accurate: +10, Laser-Sight: +10, Shadow -20(I guess? Can we see them clearly?)

Half Action: Aim.
    Half-Action: Fire.

Ballistic Test: (1d100)[16] vs 33.

EDIT: I'm not aiming at anyone in particular, but if there's any enemies out of cover then I'll pop a shot at him.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-12-17 at 11:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lucius overhears the Guardsman's plan, and realizes what he has to do. The priest drops to his knees in the best spot he can find, hoping to afford some cover. He holds his left hand high in the air, allowing those around him to see the Aquila grasped firmly in his hand. "Men of the Emperor!" Father Krampus snarls, leveling his las pistol in the direction of the enemy. "Cover your brother! Lend him aid in his mission! For the Glory of the Throne, return fire!" And with that, he gestures forward with his left hand and pulls the trigger, hoping that his shot will be one of many to provide cover fire for Guardsman Igs.

Spoiler
    Show

Pinning? (1d100)[72] vs 36+20
    Awareness: (1d100)[45] vs 32
    Ballistic Test: (1d100)[82] vs 37

Half Action to find cover
    Half Action to shoot
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2009-12-18 at 12:04 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvanus shuts out all the other activity in the battle, targeting the Soldier with the Heavy Stubber, and releasing the Trigger easily.

"Sargeant. There's a hatch down there so they can pop out."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[50] vs. 68 (+10 for half round action, +10 for accurate)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xiv

Xiv crashed down onto her knee and lifted the silenced muzzle of her autogun up and with a silent prayer she unleashed a hail of muzzled barks at the hill top. "Laying suppressing fire."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Crouch
    Full Action: Suppressing fire
    "Ballistic Test" - (1d100)[61] can't hit, but it might jam...

There is no chance I could hit any of them with my suppressing fire (I need to roll under 0), but at least everyone of the traitorous scum on the hill now has to make a Hard (-20) pinning test.
    "I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    Get on your nerves, Get on your nerves:
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
    I know a song that'll get on your nerves," - Nobody

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Weapons fire flies between the two sides, kicking up dirt and shredding foliage.

“Cover fire Nemesis! Pin them down!” Brock ordered as he started flanking to the side opposite where Igs was rushing. “Rogger that Commissar, we are the only squad assigned in this grid reference. Zane, with me.” He took off, advancing crater to crater.

Spoiler
    Show
    General Note: A Photo Visor negates the -20 shadow penalty. The enemy is using the crest as cover, blocking any leg hits against them you may score.

Draxis: the Heavy stubber gunner is braced and unable to dodge. The accurate trait of your long las nets an extra +1d10 damage per 2 degrees of success, if you use the aim action, up to +2d10. You got four degree so roll 2d10 and add them to your 9 damage with a 1 pen.

Rotha: The target tries to dodge (1d100)[14] vs. a 15. Success.

Lucius: Your shot flies wide given the range and shadows.

Silvanus: The target tries to dodge (1d100)[76] vs. 15. Failed. Please roll location and damage.

Xiv: You rake autogun fire over the enemy fire team that Igs is moving to flank. Will test for suppression for the group (1d100)[73] vs. 10 (Base of 30 -20 for the suppressing fire). Failed. The fire team nearist to Igs goes to ground.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2009-12-18 at 11:46 PM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Zane

Zane doesn't hesitate when the sergeant orders him to follow. Following directly behind him, he looks for a likely target.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Zane
    Spoiler
    Show
    Give me an awareness test please?

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

While Zane was intending to look for trouble, apparently he was having a hard enough time not tripping over his own feet.

Spoiler
    Show

[ROLL]1d100[ROLL] vs:35 (base)
    edit:well I messed that one up....
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-12-18 at 11:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Igs ignores the lines of light which streak over his head and the loud cracks of fire from the heavy stubber as he continues up the hill towards his target.

Spoiler
    Show

another run action up the hill covering another 18 m

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvanus smiled as the shot struck home, speaking a few words of encouragement to the gun as he sighted in again. The Sniper smiled, pulling the trigger again lightly.

"Igs, get you idiotic ass back to cover!"

Silvanus might not believe Igs was the best squadmate to have, but if they lost him, command wouldn't replace him anytime soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half Round Action Aim
    Half Round Action, Attack

(1d100)[27] v. 68

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Commissar

Rotha didn't think much of the guardsman running toward the hill with his grenade launcher, but given his nature who could think much of him? But now he was doing the Emperor's work, and that alone was enough to defend him.

"Sergeant. I think we should end this firefight soon. We're only going to draw more of the Enemy on us by prolonging it."

The Commissar brings her laspistol up to aim at the firing enemies and returns fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Half: Aim
    Half: Single shot.
    BS: (1d100)[41] vs 53(33+30-10)

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Draxis:

Satisfied with his previous well placed shot, the tech-priest whispered ritual encouragement to the rifle as he took aim, pulling the trigger again with an utterance of the Omnissiah's name.

However, his knee slipped in the soft earth as he squeezed off the shot, with the lasbolt kicking up earth and spluttering impotently in the ground ten yards in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack the stubber if he is still in the fight somehow, attack another one if he dropped.
    (1d100)[99](99) vs 55
    (1d10+3)[3](6) damage

Fail! good thing the weapon is reliable.
    Last edited by LTSearchEngine; 2009-12-19 at 01:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

The heavy stubber falls silent as a perfectly placed las bolt pierces the traitor’s heart. A second las bolt glances off a traitor’s helmet, staggering him. The enemy fire has fallen off dramatically with only three of them still firing.

“Igs, we will draw their fire, frag their arses!” Brock calls over the micro-bead. “Zane, light them up!” He says as his bolt pistol barks in his hand.

All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rotha: Your target tries to dodge. (1d100)[4] vs. 15. Success.

Sporadic return fire at Rotha: (1d100)[18] vs. 20 (30 Base + 10 Semi Auto Burst -20 Shadow), Hit, at Draxis (1d100)[26] vs. 20 (30 Base +10 Semi Auto Burst -20 Shadow), Miss, and at Brock (1d100)[23] vs. 20 (30 Base +10 Semi Auto Burst -20 Shadow), Miss.

Pinned enemy Fire Team tries to rally. Will (1d100)[64] vs. 10 (30 – 20 for suppressing fire).

Rotha
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice the hatch that the Tech Priest mentioned hidden in the rocks opens, and several armed shadowy figures dive for cover, obviously seeing the fire fight they just stepped into.

Fire from the crest of the hill comes to close for comfort. Dodge check please?

Draxis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Auspex begins beeping incesently as it hangs from your web gear.

Igs
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are one more full action run from regular range of your grenade launcher, and the enemy fire team nearest you is still pinned down.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2009-12-19 at 01:53 AM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvanus swore as the Las Bolt struck the dirt the enemy was hiding behind. He didn't stop, taking aim again and releasing another shot.

"Wonderful."

Silvanus' voice was low enough to not get picked up by the bead. He sighted down another traitor, pulling the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[79] vs. 68
    (1d10+3)[13] for damage

22. - Top - End - #52

Xiv

Another silent prayer to the thirsty spirit of the machine as she pulled the trigger. With the trigger depressed another howl of silent projectiles were thrown over the heads of the targets on the hill.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Action: Suppressing fire
    "Ballistic Test" - (1d100)[64] roll under 0 (or under 20 if the GM allows her to have Aimed in the round I missed).

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Cover your Brother! Don't give those Heretics room to breathe, lest they defy the Will of the Emperor!" Father Krampus yells to the soldiers nearest to him as he tries to steady himself while sitting on his knees behind the lip of a crater, or whatever he has managed to find for cover. "Let their will break as a wave upon a rocky shore! Shatter their resolve, as the Emperor shall shatter their souls!" he tried not to preach too loudly, lest he draw unwanted attention. With his right hand, he holds the pistol steady, and tries to make sure his shot will at least give the heathens a scare. Meanwhile, he left hand hovers besides the las pistol, and he makes small gestures of blessing as he mentally prays for the Emperor to guide his aim. "Do not falter! Do not despair! The Emperor is with us! The Emperor Protects!" And with that, he pulled the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show

Aim - Half Action
    Shoot - Half Action

Awareness: (1d100)[85] vs 32 (failed)
    Ballistic Skill: (1d100)[9] vs ??

And, since I never know when it will or won't come in handy...

Fellowship: (1d100)[41] vs 42

Oh, and just in case...

Dodge roll! (1d100)[33] vs 13 (failed)
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2009-12-19 at 04:23 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Igs feet continue to impact the soft earth as he continues up the hill gaining a more advantages location ignoring the calls of his brothers as the prayers of the emperor filled his ears

Spoiler
    Show

full run for another 18m
    this puts me 46m away from the boys up the hill

awareness - (1d100)[94] vs 29 looking for a better description of the top of the hill
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2009-12-19 at 11:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Zane

Yes Sir! Death to Traitors!

Whipping his shotgun up, unloads a burst at the enemy.

Spoiler
    Show

Unsure of the distance between Zane and the Target. I think it's 88 meters, which makes this a long range shot.
    (1d100)[8] vs/ BS(40), Long range (-10), semi-auto burst +10) goal 40

damage (1d10)[6]+4: Total :10
    From ooc thread, second hit :11
    ...waste of a good roll. Ah well.
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-12-19 at 11:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Draxis:

The techpriest hears his auspex demanding his attention, so he snaps off a hasty shot before dropping more snugly into cover and examining his auspex.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[91](91) vs. 45 (no aim action)
    I'm not sure if I need these rolls for the use of the auspex, but I will make them just in case:
    Awareness: (1d100)[4](4) vs. 48
    Tech Use: (1d100)[80](80) vs. 53

I will relate anything I find to the sergeant immediately.
    Last edited by LTSearchEngine; 2009-12-19 at 01:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

The enemy seems to be arrayed around the crest of the hill in a loose skirmish line, roughly two metres between each man. One fire team is pinned under autogun fire, hugging the earth to avoid the stream of hot lead flying over them. The other fire team is returning fire. The heavy stubber’s loader shifts behind the weapon, taking the dead gunner’s position. A chunk of earth sprays in front of a second traitor, causing him to flinch, a second shell takes him in the chest spinning him to the ground. All told there are eight enemy targets along the crest.

Draxis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Auspex is pinging multiple targets inside the structure…three…five..nine…eleven…and counting.

Lucius
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your BS, +10 for aim, -30 for Extreme Range with a pistol (or -0 with a las gun), -20 for Shadow Illumination (if you do not have a photo visor or the like).

General
    Spoiler
    Show
    Las fire at Zane (1d100)[59] vs. 20 (30 Base, +10 Semi Auto Burst, -20 Shadow). Las Fire at Brock roll]1d100[/roll] vs. 20 (30 Base, +10 Semi Auto Burst, -20 Shadow). Enemy Fire team tries to rally (1d100)[12] vs. 10 (30 Base, -20 Suppressing Fire).

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

General
    Spoiler
    Show
    Las Fire at Brock (1d100)[87] vs. 20 (30 Base, +10 Semi Auto Burst, -20 Shadow). Darn Brakets...

Enemy return fire in the dark night stabs high and wide of the mark, while most of them continue to cower under fire.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2009-12-20 at 12:57 PM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Igs feet continue to move swiftly but he brings the launcher up to his shoulder at let a grenade fly at the men still firing at his squad mates behind him.

Spoiler
    Show

move action up the hill another set of steps (9 more meters) 37 M from the gun line.
    Shoot at the group of men still shooting (trying to get a guy in the middle of the group to have 2+ guys on each side)

BS 40 - 20 darkness = 20To Hit - (1d100)[26]
    If miss
    Spoiler
    Show

scatter - (1d10)[10]
    meters - (1d5)[1]

due to the nature of my weapon I will here are a few sets of rolls depending on how many I hit (If I need to roll more I can). The explosion has a radius of 4 meters

first guy
    Spoiler
    Show

hit location on target (1d100)[42]
    damage (2d10)[9][5](14)

second guy
    Spoiler
    Show

hit location on target (1d100)[63]
    damage (2d10)[9][6](15)

Third guy
    Spoiler
    Show

hit location on target (1d100)[12]
    damage (2d10)[1][10](11)

fourth guy
    Spoiler
    Show

hit location on target (1d100)[22]
    damage (2d10)[9][6](15)

30. - Top - End - #60

Xiv

Counting down inside her mind the tally of bullets held within her autogun grew low. Xiv hadn't expected this situation, she had expected to only need her autogun sparingly. With another short prayer she kept her aim true at the traitors she had kept occupied and released her last ten muffled bullets. " Suppressive fire down..." she reported in. "Spare autogun clips?" It was a pointless question and she knew it as she prepared to drop the autogun for the las carbine.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Action: Suppressive Fire
    "Ballistic Test" - (1d100)[23]; same drill as the last two times.
    Free Action: Speaking

Not sure if Xiv would know Silvanus is carrying a small armoury of autogun clips so I left it up to him and his 'got to catch them all' style of weaponry.