New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Nemesis Squad, Cadian 113th (IC)

Silvanus didn't stop hunting for the source of the sound, even as the orders came over the comms. It wasn't like that was what he was doing. No, he was an idiot.

"Aye sir."

They shouldn't be hard to find!

Silvanus kept visually scanning through the scope, hunting for the vehicles.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[33] v. 34 (unmodified)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Draxis:

"Sergeant, I am not sure what to make of it: The Rhino-class vehicle's machine spirit is straining... but all of the rest of the anima sound abused. The difference is quite clear."

Giving up on trying to perform any more rites at the moment, Draxis begins bundling the weapons for ease-of-transport, taking a couple of las packs in case he runs out.

"Also, Sergeant, we have solid rounds and las packs which may be distributed."

OOC: To be clear, the ammo is usable, right?
    Last edited by LTSearchEngine; 2010-01-05 at 07:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Zane

Zane's head whips up, all thoughts of the interrogation gone.

Incoming armor? What now, Sirs?

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[81]Int goal (16)
    Last edited by Krrth; 2010-01-05 at 09:17 AM.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Igs follows the sarge head casting about for any better contact with the armor.

Oi sarge I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but unless commissar tight pants wishes to scare them out of their armor we need something to crack those tanks.

He adjusts the heavy stubber on his shoulder before continuing.

I mean I could rush them sarge but I wouldn't want to show up the squad again, and my ma always told me I have an allergy to getting shot
    Check out my horrible homebrews

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Commissar

Shooting the guardsman would give away our position, Rotha reminded herself with an obvious look of exasperation on her face. "We don't have anything to crack those tanks, but if the tech priest is correct then they would only have a few, maybe even one, Leman Russ. And that means they may only have multilasers and a bolter. We need to go to ground, wait on them to investigate the area for other cultists and ambush them outside of their vehicles."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[26] vs 15

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken starts thinking for a bit. What if we put a krak under the tracks of a rhino?
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-01-06 at 12:48 AM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Armor?" Father Krampus arches an eyebrow. He didn't have much experience with tanks, so he didn't fully grasp the full situation. He knew many of the Guardsmen around him felt the same as well, and they were probably more than a bit nervous right now. So, the old priest holsters his las pistol, and then reaches into his robe. He pulls out an old bolt pistol, checks the magazine, and then pulls back the slide, chambering the first bolt. He turns to the Guardsmen around him and solomnly nods. "We face a mighty challenge, my lads. But the Emperor is with us, and we will overcome. If any man cares to doubt or question this, please direct your complaints towards our dear Commissar, for I do not have time or mercy to spare for heretics right now, and neither does the Emperor."

Lucius then fixes his gaze on Guardsmen Igs, and his expression hardens. The soldier's comments had struck a nerve. "Watch your tongue soldier. You will show the Commissar the respect she deserves. She is ordained in His Holy Name to enfore order amongst you rabble, and to pull your fat out of the frier when you screw up. She is an instrument of His Divine Will, and such talk coming from your mouth is an obstacle she is encouraged to destroy. You are not only insulting a superior officer, but spreading sedition and demoralizing your fellow Guardsmen. You're lucky not to be standing before the Golden Throne right now, soldier. Your previous actions have saved your from summary execution, Thank the Emperor. But you'd better hold your tongue and guard your heart, lest you recieve more than a stern warning from an old man like me..." he grins morbidly.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Brock reached the crest of the hill and lay down to minimize his profile. “The L.T. said to hold so we hold. Period.” He pulled out his magnoculars and started scanning to the South. "Find some cover or concealment."

LTSearchEngine
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ammo is useable.

Everyone who was present for the Interrogation
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you haven’t yet rolled Scholastic Lore Tactica Imperialis, Common Lore War, or an Intelligence check at half please do so now.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Commissar

The sergeant had made up his mind, and while shooting him and taking command herself crossed the commissar's mind... She chose to ignore it. "Sergeant. Break off four guardsman. I will be taking them around to the opposite side of the hill and wait for the enemy armor to engage. My group will then try to flank them and force the heretics out of their tanks with kraks."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Igs chuckled to himself before laying low on the hills crest 5 feet from the sergeant's position. He set the heavy stubbers bi-pod in the mod and rechecked the slide before sighting down range.

Spoiler
    Show

awareness (1d100)[16]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Father Krampus leans in towards the Sargeant and murmers: "I will stay up here atop the hill. These men are brave, but I fear their hearts may waver under fire. With the Commissar absent, they may lack the proper... motivation... to stay the course. And we both know we can't lose the high ground. So I will remain here and keep their hearts aflame with the Righteous Fury of the Emperor. No doubt we shall come under heavy fire, but with the Holy Word ringing in their ears, these men shall not falter. And if they do..." Lucius looks over to the Commissar, and smiles. "I will inform you upon your return of who is in need of a stern talking to. Unless you'd like me to save the trouble..."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

“Every one, drop your packs. Weapons and ammo only, we don’t need to be weighed down. Loken, Zane, Vinn, Welks, and Evans you just volunteered for the flanking duty. Report to the commissar.” Brock stated as he scanned.

Troopers Vinn, Welks, and Evans trot up to the Commissar and salute, a chorus of “Sir.” following. Welks shifts and shows the commissar his disposable on shot krak missile tube launcher. “I’ll only get one shot with it, but it’s better than nothing.”

Silvanus
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you pan back and forth with your scope you see movement. Zooming in you see a pennant slowly cresting a rise more than 1000 metres to the south. The pennant bares an eight pointed star.

Igs
    Spoiler
    Show
    You catch a reddish pink glint off of something metallic far to the south.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2010-01-09 at 01:17 AM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sarge should I carry my medical equipment?
    Faith in the Emperor.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Igs flips the two straps holding his weapons off his body before unbucling his pack and rolling out if. His pack lands in the mud beside him and he flips it open and shuffles through it. He slips 4 krak grenades into his belt pouches and 2 frag. He pauses before thinking twice and grabbing his smoke grenade and slipping it into its own pouch. He grabs a charge pack for his pistol and lasgun and slips them onto a pouch and than shuts the pack. Slipping back into his lasgun and launcher straps before looking for a better spot to entrench himself.

Sarge, we just goin to hold this hill? It didn't work so well for them bastards I just killed.

Spoiler
    Show

awareness (1d100)[55]

looking for any good ditches or outcrops which may allow me to fire without revealing the majority of my body

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Draxis:

Content that the weapons could be grabbed and moved by a few men, Draxis sets down his pack, retaining his long las, his holstered hellpistol, the various small tools strapped and pouched into his clothing (auspex, combi-tool, machine oil, etc).

He moves up the hill and ducks into cover near the sergeant, straining his eyes through his photo-visor to see the approaching vehicles.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Zane

Shrugging, Zane prepares to move out. He thinks briefly about grabbing some of the charge packs.

Spoiler
    Show

If any of the pistol charge packs actually look like they're in decent shape, Zane will take one.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Father Lucius smirks at Trooper Igs. "Those godless heathens didn't have the might of the Emperor on their side. He was with you, soldier, because you put your trust in Him, and nothing can stand against you when you have His protection. That is why those heretics did not hold the hill, and that is why they shall not retake it from us. To even consider such a possibility is sheer nonsense, soldier..."

The priest then turns to the Commissar and her men, and bows. "May the Emperor guide your step and steady your aim, M'lady. And you as well, brave servants of the Imperium. Remain steadfast in your duty, Guardsmen, and you will emerge victorious. Glory awaits you, men. The Emperor Protects."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvanus smiled, glad he finally had a bead on them.

"Sarge, got a bearing on a pennant, over a klik south. It bears the 8 pointed Star."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Commissar

As soon as Rotha found her aide she procured the grenades she had given him. She passed a frak to Welks and Evans, the smoke to Loken and held onto the krak. "Lets get going then boys." Rotha starts marching in a wide sweep away from the hill with the intent of getting into a flanking position of, roughly, where the enemy would appear. "Plan's real simple. We lay low and wait until the guard on the hill get their attention. We then smoke the approach, get close and krak a Chimera or two. Afterwards Zane, Evans and I will scale the Russ, pop it's hatch and frag it. We'll then repeat with as many tanks as we can before heading back to cover."

With that said, she starts looking for some cover that would hide them from view. "And always remember: Death in His service is preferable to an eternity in the Warp."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken takes a look at the smoke grenade and waits for the command to throw it."Tell me when to throw it."
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-01-10 at 07:55 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Commissar’s fire team
    Spoiler
    Show
    You head off, bearing South, South West, using the impact craters and ill maintained and bullet riddled stone fence as cover. Concealment rolls would be advised. +20 for the shadowy illumination and another +20 for the wall assuming you are trying to keep your heads down.

The guardsmen near the confessor nod at his words as they take cover.

Those with the commissar respond with an "Affermitive." to the plan as they follow her lead.

“Copy that Silvanus.” Brock replies before turning his magnoculars toward that point. The engine noises get louder and the creaking of tank treads is audible. Brock takes the vox horn from Xiv. “Valiant this is Nemesis, over?”

++Go for Valiant.++ The Vox operator on the other end responds.

“We have multiple light armour contacts with at least one Russ in support. Request immediate support. Over.” Brock relates, taking Draxis’ estimates at face value.

++Rodger that Nemesis.++ The operator responds. ++Valiant Actual directs you to hold, and that Hotel elements are inbound and will be informed of the situation. Also be advised, Angel flight is being redirected to your position.++

“Copy that Nemesis out.” Brock hands the vox horn back to Xiz. “Commissar, we have friendly Valkyries inbound.” He related over the squad net.

The first vehicle crested the rise to the south, the intimidating form of a Leman Russ looking like it was drenched in blood in the malefic light of the Eye of Terror. The turret orientated do north, the tank commander standing in the hatch, raising a set of magnoculars to scan the hill crest to the north.

Several Chimera followed the lumbering tank and crested the rise, their turrets beginning to track for targets, vehicle commanders manning the pintle mounted heavy stubbers.
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2010-01-11 at 05:46 PM.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Silvanus saw the commander peeking his head out ot the vehicle with a deep bloody smile, opening comms again.

"Sir, permission to take the shot at the idiot with his head peeking out of the armor?"

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Overhearing the sniper's request, the confessor gently gestures towards the Guardsmen around him. "Hold your fire, servants of the Emperor. If we attack now, that heathen may duck down. Let him feel secure, so that the Emperor may strip him of that comfort with the cleansing beam of a las round. Fear not, for should they see us and think us unaware, His Will will keep us safe, and show them how wrong they are. In His Name!"

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Emperor be praised priest, but he does not reward the lazy who expect his will be done through faith alone. Sometimes his will requires a little lead and fire. To survive out here you must learn the time for each and this may very well be one of those times.

Igs looks towards the tanks as the crest the hill attempting to make out the exact shapes of the men on the outside of the vehicles, as well as any damaged sections of the vehicles.

Spoiler
    Show

awareness (1d100)[32]
    looking for damaged treds and turret joints and any view slits and the like.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I'm not suggesting for you to lay down and take a nap, soldier. I'm simply advising that you don't let your itchy trigger finger blow our chance to take down what may be a heretic officer of some sort. The moment we open fire, he'll drop down into that turret and start blasting us. But if we let the sniper have his shot... At the very least, that Leman Russ will lose its captain and be thrown into confusion. But on the chance that he's in charge of that line of heathens driving towards us, which he may be given their officers' tendancies to lead from the front, we can't blow this chance to devastate their ability to fight..." Father Lucius smirks.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

“Hold your fire Silvanus, let them close first.” Brock replied as he glanced down at his crono trying to will it to tick faster and failing.

The Leman Russ and the first five chimeras started down the rise, engines rumbling and treads clanking. The officer in the Leman Russ continues to scan with his magnoculars, while the five chimera commanders sweep back and forth with their heavy stubbers, searching for targets.

The lead vehicle reaches 900 metres away when a second line of five chimeras accompanied by a rhino crest the rise.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Igs

Igs legs begins to twitch as the vehicles rumble closer.

Dammit, that emperor forsaken commissar is going to get those boys killed.

He bites his lip and cracks his grenade launcher and empties the shells before fumbling a new group of shells into the chambers. He gazes left than right along the hill. He slips the smoke out of his pouch and grips its pin between his teeth. He pushes himself down the hill away from the tanks trying to hide his body from the oncoming tanks and runs down the line of troops to the far end of the line of men opposite the commissars squad. He hustles to about as far as he dares from the squad before cresting the hill and squinting for cover down the hill and shuffles crouched trying to use the darkness to aid his movement heavy stubber held tight against his body and launcher and gun slapping his thighs metal pin clicking on his front teeth.

Spoiler
    Show

reload my grenade launcher with krak only grenades slipping the frags into my pouch and smoke into my mouth at the ready

going for the opposite flank the commissar and crew are going and trying to move down the hill with great haste while still hiding using as much cover as possible.

awareness for some cover down that flank down the hill (1d100)[85] vs 29

hiding while I do this trying to put actual objects between me and the enemy (i.e. the hill while running along the line and than any terrain that I can spot with the above awareness roll) (1d100)[86] vs 15 + any modifiers

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Draxis:

Draxis spies a weakness on the side of the Leman Russ turret as it approaches.

"Sergeant, tell the men that the Leman Russ' armour is compromised on the left side - look for a crude looking patch. That spot will provide a greater probability of penetration."

After putting this over the network, he went back to scanning the approaching vehicles.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Father Lucius kneels, holding his bolt pistol near the side of his face and clasping the Aquila necklace, still entwined around his left hand, to his chest. He then bows his head and begins to pray. "Mighty Emperor of Holy Terra, God-King of Humankind, we Your humble servants ask that You will lend us Thine righteous strength and valor in the coming trials. Let us not falter, let not our resolve fail, let fear not enter our hearts, and let doubt not dampen our fervor. Shield us in Thine protecting embrace, and shatter our foes with Your righteous fury. Let them break upon us as waves upon a rock, and let their spirits shatter like glass against steel. Fill our hearts with zeal, and fill their souls with dread. For You shall we fullfill our duty, be it death or glory. Let our actions bring honor and praise to Your Name, be their our dying deeds or the start of our legend. You have shown us the path, O Emperor, and we shall not stray. In Your Name I doth pray, Amen!"

Father Lucius opens his eyes, and glances from side to side at the soldiers around him. "The Emperor Protects, men. Remember that..."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

“Copy that. Anything else that might give us an edge Draxis?” Brock responds.

The guardsmen in the commissar’s fire team nod their compliance to the plan. The armoured column draws closer the tracks clanking and squealing all the louder. They close to with-in 700 metres of the hillock, some 300 metres short of the commissar’s fire teams position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness check for the Leman Russ’ Commander. (1d100)[68] vrs. 45 (45 base, +20 Equipment, -20 distance)
    Awareness check for the chimera commanders (1d100)[40] vrs. 10 (30 Base, +20 for multiple people looking, -20 for shadowy illumination, -20 for distance

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael