New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of the Unconquered Sun

Yomiko, for all the blood that she has spilled, is still a stalwart beacon of the Sun's compassion. She rushes to the sides of the unconscious, fallen mutants and begins tearing away at the strands that entangle them. She begins to pant out of fear and looks over her shoulder and shouts with a tone of desperation, "Please, we've felled these foes already, we need not let them die!"
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr smiles at her compassion - and for that, if for no other reason, he too wades in, shearing away the tendrils from the wounded with heavy swiped of his silver claws.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Watcher

"They are creatures of the Wyld." Watcher says as he retrieves his boomerang; making no move to help get rid of the vines. "Beings that would wreak havoc in Creation if they got the chance. Do not waste your strength on them."
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Yomiko quickly turned her gaze upon Watcher, a twinge of anger filtered in through the compassion. Her eyes were glassy but her brows were lowering. All she did was give him that look, no words or other actions. She turned away from him and started pulling the strings away even harder and more swiftly.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Yomiko and Zephyr find the stringy tendrils of the mushroom-mountain tear away easily enough, withering and dying in their hands as they pull at the fungal filaments. As they rip them away, more still rise up to seek out sustenance–but, as the animate fibers come across the torn and severed remnants of their predecessors, they nervously slink away from the fungicidal God-Kings. Though the corpses are already withered to fleshless, desiccate husks, the unconscious banditos and raptors seem little worse for the wear, only nettled and pricked by the wandering tendrils. They lie feebly still, helpless in the midst of the Wyld.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

She puts her hand on one of the pricked faces of the fallen foe, gently stroking his cheek. She pauses for a moment just looking at him, looking past the rainbow pancho, the oversized mustache and the sheer madness that must lay beneath his flesh, but it all matters not. "Let's get them healed and safe."
    She begins to focus her mind outside of her body, in touch with the armor through which her essence flows and starts to open metaphysical boundaries, doors to Elsewhere. Her armor begins to burst like shattering china plates, but it's pieces disappear. Underneath is not flesh, but even greater Orichalcum plates and her size increases tenfold. The Gold Titan now looms over the helpless former attackers. She pauses, looking at them again and begins to scoop the remaining survivors in her massive golden hands.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2010-01-12 at 01:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97

Watcher

Watcher would have met Yomiko's hateful glare with an impassive one of his own if he could. Unfortunately, wearing a mask that covered the eyes wouldn't let it be noticed. It was all for the better anyways. If this Semiramis was really as powerful as Ivory and the Lunars said, then they would all need to be focused when they finally found him; not seething over his comments.

"Hrrm." Watcher gave his customary mutter he turned away from the group to the edge of the mushroom. If they really wanted to waste time healing wyld claw striders, then being ambushed again was the last thing the nightbringer wanted to happen. Allowing his anima to flow through him, he turned his eyes to the strange foliage that surrounded them, not letting a single movement go unnoticed.

Why was he always the one being questioned. Watcher grimaced as the thought popped up. He had hopped that this would distract him from such worries. No luck, obviously. Yes, his methods weren't exactly smiled upon by the rest of the circle, but someone had to see the good he was doing. He hadn't negotiated alliances, built wonders, or turned himself into a role model; but his actions had brought safety to the people of Lotus. Wasn't that what was important? He hadn't even had to kill anyone lately to do it! But here they were, trying to save more people that wanted them dead; while he tried to be the voice of reason. Didn't they already have a goal right now? Capture an unshaped? So why was he the only one getting a death glare? Surely someone among the group thought the same as he did? Why were they allowing this to distract them? Why weren't they doing their job!?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 2 motes on Keen Sight Technique.

Perception+awareness (8d10)[5][6][3][6][1][7][2][7](37) +2 successes.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Astra goggles at Yomiko as she scoops up the unconscious survivors in her warstrider's capacious arms, stunned by her compassion–or else, by the foolishness of aiding the wyld mutants. But she does not question the God-King, instead setting back out on the path through the Wyld. Watcher now walks beside her, his supernal senses out-classing her own. And so you set off, hiking down a vine trellis to reach the vast expanse of Middlemarches beyond the mushroomscape. Yomiko instead hurtles the chasm between the fungal ridges and the expanse of chaos before it, easily leaping over a gorge filled with bouncing rubber balls. The bounding and rebounding balls oscillate through all the colors of the rainbow, and smurm, but their peril must be left to lesser heroes. You venture out into the Middlemarches.

The midlands of chaos prove stranger still. Astra first leads you against a boggy, carp-filled marsh overhung by wilting cypress trees, a swamp that reeks of alcohol and spirits. The Changing Moon dips one hand into the bog's depths, and sips at the water she collects–rice wine. Each pool is filled to the brim with a different liquor, from laboratory alcohols to syrup-suffused kahlua, and it is only Watcher's insistence that keeps you from tarrying amid its bacchanalian waters. There is a forest made entirely out of cats, where Yomiko leaves the banditos to a fate that is, at worst, some sneezing and tiny scratches. By the time you reach the garden of disgusting artichokes and its swarms of ceaselessly-peeling horseshoe crabs, your tolerance for the ridiculous has begun to war thin.

But as Zephyr detaches the last of the unshelled arthropods from his soles, Astra calls out with triumph. Watcher's eyes have finally caught sight of a massive forest, its trees very literally glittering with wyld essence. "We've reached it! Semiramis, the Whisper in the Leaves! All we must do now is call out a fitting challenge for the Chaos Lord, and wait for her to acknowledge our call. Someone, say something challenging!"
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr steps forward, throwing down the crab-shell in the same manner one might a gauntlet. He raises his fists, his very posture radiating a confident, brazen challenge to any... things that might be out amidst the Leaves.

"Here me, O scion of the unshaped Wyld - I am Zephyr Scales-of-War, champion of Luna, the unassailable Mistress of Change! I defy thee, I challenge thee, I rebuke thee! Come forth and answer my call, if thou hast the courage!"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Zephyr's challenge echoes across the shimmering prismatic expanse of the Deep Wyld, booming for mile upon mile. No answer comes from the enchanted forest save silence, an almost tangible silence that hangs ominously close. The Wyld grows far, far more foreboding, its skies shifting from a pleasant pastille hue to a deep threatening amaranth, the sound of drums beating up on the wind. The forest before you sparkles with alien menace. And then, with a thunderclap of rushing air, it is suddenly close. No motion, no change, only the sudden vanishing of a dozen miles. Another boom, another flicker of the boughs, and the woods are all around you. Semiramis has accepted the challenge.

But there is no alien monstrosity here, no formless shifting chaos. The verdant oaks of Semiramis blossom with beauty beyond any you have ever seen. Each rugged trunk is a testament to the robust strength of the forest, a rough and age-worn contour worn smooth by the rushing zephyrs that frolic and play amidst the boughs. Each leaf is perfectly unique, a gossamer winglet of green that flaps and beats in the air, in perfect mirror to the violet and amber butterflies that ring the overgrown canopy. Well, they're okay. You've seen better.

"You know, that Chaos-Repelling Pattern just ruins the natural beauty." comes a voice, a seductive whispering from amidst the boughs, positively dripping with the honey of sweet intimation. Explains how it got the name. "And it hurts, too! Like having a saucy gobbet of Creation shoved down my throat." The spindrift ribbons of butterflies flutter down, coming together in one massive assemblage of delicate wings and spindly legs. As more and more of the jewel-winged sprites come together, they fill out a distinctly human shape–and as their wings splay open, the seams between them vanish, as the whole of the shape seals itself shut. "So what I'm trying to say is, I'd much appreciate it if you'd cease it. I'll even make a deal. You stop asserting your reality in my chaos, and I won't ravish your souls and feast on your dreams. Promise!"

The faerie walks in human shape, flesh mottled and sculpted like wax over a gentle frame to create a perfect facsimile of genuine life. She walks in beauty–or perhaps it is a he, or perhaps it is irrelevant–deep purple hair spilling down pale shoulders, a red robe girded tight against voluptuous flesh. The raksha speaks no introduction, but the Wyld supplies one of its own, a subtitle of glinting shadows that manifests in the air before you.

Honeyed Words Speaker
    The Vessel of Compassion

"Oh, go ahead. Just tell them all about me, why don't you?"
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2010-01-12 at 02:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr harrumphed at the words of the Wyld-thing, his hands on his hips. "I'd sooner shove my fist down your throat and assert my reality all over your face! Yes, let my companions simply drop their shields against your depradations and trust to your no-doubt boundless sense for mercy, compassion, and fair play! Why don't we all just strip naked and go to sleep while we're at it?" Said Zephyr. Not particularly original, or inventive, but it amused him nonetheless.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

The androgyne faerie glares daggers at Zephyr, but only figurative ones. While it's all too likely this raksha has some sort of terrifying Knife Eye Attack, the bubble of Creation that encompasses you all forbids her from anything more than a figure of speech. "I promised, didn't you hear? That part where I said 'I won't ravish your souls and feast on your dreams. Promise!,' remember? A faerie promise is iron-clad, unlike your petty mortal oaths. Tell them, Lady Exposition!" Astra, somewhat offended by the raksha's frivolous nickname for her, nevertheless nods confirmation to Honeyed Words Speaker. "So there! Now, if you'd like to strip naked and sleep here, I'd be fine with that. More than fine, if you know what I mean. But don't come into my woods all arms-akimbo and threaten to shove just your fist down my throat, Luna Boy!"
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2010-01-12 at 03:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr opened his mouth to make a vastly inappropriate comment, but snapped it shut again, blushing a little and looking at Ivory out of the corner of his eye. When he spoke again, his tones were more measured. "I go where I please and do where I like, wylding - I, that is, we have come to challenge you! We shall prove our strength, prove our mastery, and tame you just as the Exalts of old tamed the very Wyld itself!"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

"Oooh, yes. Keep talking dirty to me, I like it." The faerie grins, conjuring up a massive seashell to sit within as ze regards you, smirking with unimaginable naughtiness. "So what're you going to do to me? Tie me up with cold iron fetters, and take a whip to me? Chain me up in some dark and horrible dungeon? Pour chocolate sauce on me and lick it off? You wouldn't be the first Exalt to 'prove your mastery' with me, you know. Desus, Ma-Ha-Suchi, the Kneejack boy....mmm. So, if you really think that you can tame me, go ahead. Just step outside of the reality-bubble, big boy."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr grinned an evil grin. If the Unshaped sought to tempt him, or perhaps to embarass him, it was in for a surprise. Though Zephyr had been chaste of late, at heart, he was a creature of primal urges - rage... and desire. Passion ran through his veins like blood, and despite his commitment to Ivory Eyes, he was no novice to the arts carnal - he had been no blushing boy-child before he came to Lotus, and the slave pits of Gem had taught him many things. "As if you could handle me - I'd break you in half. And my protections are the blessings of Luna herself - they do not come off, little wyldling."

He stepped forward, all pride and pomp, his eyes glimmering as he crossed his arms and stared haughtily at the Honeyed Words Speaker.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

The Gold Titan knelt down beside her companions, remaining silent between the vicious tongue-lashings Zephyr traded with the figure of androgyny. It was perhaps the most relieved the Invincible Maiden had ever felt for leaving behind her young daughter. She tried to muster all her eloquence and speak as seriously as she could between the two, her booming voice issuing forth from every plate of the 'strider.
    "This bubble is no necessary safeguard for us! Any one of us could take whatever you imposed upon us! I am NOTHING if not a bulwark of both endurance and strength!"

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Honeyed Words Speaker coughs with as much faux-politeness as ze can muster, despite the suspicious amount of giggling contained within the cough. "You've got a bulwark of endurance and strength, do you? Explains why you're still a maiden. Cheer up, honey, all you need is a man with a nice, ah, weapon, to overcome your soak down there." The Cup Emanation of Semiramis shapes hir face into the very model of composure, literally peeling the lines of pent-up laughter away. They fall to the earthen bed of the forest and snake away, making a faint sound of giggling as they twist and coil through the century-hardened roots of the primeval forest. "But now, let's see how this fine pillar of Lunar manhood, this rigid paragon of virile virtue, this erect and upright exemplar of...bother, I've run out of synonyms. Damn it. Fine, just cue the music!"

And, true to her word, strains of melody pour down from the boughs of the mystic glade, a soft romantic song that flows like syrup, slow and sickeningly sweet. Honeyed Words Speaker reaches out and snags the fabric of wyld energies that give meaning to the forest around you, coiling the space of the waypoint around her fingers–and then, she rips it away, as a gaudily-painted tapestry from a stone wall. What's left is only an empty expanse of azure skies, pristine and unmarred save for the insistent reality Ivory Eyes carries with her, which remains forest. Honeyed Words Speaker twists and molds the tattered remnants of the waypoint, weaving into a carpet of deep reds and shimmering purples. "I can show you the Wyld..."

The carpet flies from her hands, looping beneath to catch both her and Zephyr. The pair soar through the infinite sky–or, as scene from the bubble of reality, the sky soars around them–as Honeyed Words Speaker sings. "Shining, shimmering, splendid! Tell me, Lunar, now when did you last let your heart decide?" They swoop between the spires and minarets of a vast city that appears out of the chaos, its domes and fluted towards carved of alabaster and lewdly rounded at their tip. "I can open your eyes, take you wonder by wonder, over, sideways, and under on a magic carpet ride!

"Behold the Wyld! A new fantastic point of view! Creation can't tell us no, or where to go, or say we're only dreaming!" As the raksha puts on a bravura display, hir magic carpet passes through massive cloudbanks, jiggling firmly in the sky; over monument-studded deserts, obelisks and pyramids carved in rigid flesh colored stone; and through steamy, sensuous jungles laden with pheromonal scents. Zephyr finds his voice woven into the raksha's songs, with no conscious effort on his part. "Behold the Wyld–" "Don't you dare close your eyes!"

As the song comes to its coda, Honeyed Words Speaker soars downward, restoring the forests with a mere gesture. "Behold the Wyld! That's where we'll be! An unshaped maze, a wondrous place for you...and...me!"
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2010-02-28 at 04:45 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr felt as if his mind were sinking into a bath of warm, thick honey. A strange sort of living, sentient honey that knew all the right places to touch, to caress, to *tease*... he shuddered, feeling suddenly too-warm as vistas undreamed of opened up before him. Shuddering, suggestive shapes, turgid monuments thrusting into the air, mighty edifices plunging into the yielding firmament and sinking languorously into the gently rolling scenery. He could almost feel the hands of the Wyld on him as he sank deeper into the song, finding himself humming along.

As the suggestive shapes surrounded him, he could sense himself responding, instinctually, to the promptings both physical and mental. It had been such a *long* time... there'd been so much to do. So many tasks to accomplish. Always more fighting, always more running about. Always something to do for someone who needed his help. When was the last time he'd given into his own urges? Was he not a scion of Luna? Was instinct and primal urge not his sacred credo? Was he not, in fact, denying an aspect of himself too-long repressed? There was nothing wrong with giving in. It was practically a sacrament, in fact, a holy duty to Luna and an act of worship...

He leaned towards the wildling, his hands grasping hungrily, when a chance glance at Ivory sent a cascade of icewater over his torrid thoughts. He stared at the unshaped, seeing not the lovely face, but what lay beneath it -Needy he might be, and perhaps repressed, but was he going to lose to this thing? Was he going to give up his dedication to the woman he loved for a momentary dalliance with some soul-sucking formless piece of chaos-filth?! where was the iron will of the Lunar Exalt? He was a bulwark against primal chaos, not its boy-toy, damnit! He roared, slamming the Unshaped with a headbutt as he took a step back, holding his arms out in front of him. "I am my own, creature, and I shall never be yours. My love is my anchor, and you shall not break me. I am stronger than you - I am the master here, and the wyld itself shall break before I do!" he roared in triumph, holding the image of Ivory Eyes in his mind as a shield against the blandishments of Chaos.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending two Solar Bond points to resist.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

"Curses! Also blasphemies!" swears Honeyed Words Speaker, stamping on the ground. "Fine. I didn't want to seduce you, anyways. I try to ravish you and bring a little whimsy into your spirit, and you just go roar. Whatever, Lunar, whatever. You're still ravished, and you can't resist it forever. Eventually you'll break down and have a little fun. So there!" The raksha sticks out a bright pink tongue in defiant childishness. "So let's have something to eat. And no, it's not poisoned, or diseased, or some kind of monster, or another ravishing. Just normal food, promise." With a wave of hir hand, the raksha conjures up a long table laden with meats and cheeses. "Om nom nom. You should try this, it's good. Now, Lord Not-Going-To-Just-Take-A-Break-And-Enjoy-The-Wyld, why don't you tell me just exactly how you plan on mastering me? I'm getting a bit bored here."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

The warstrider begins to compress, massive plates slipping into elsewhere like dew off a leaf. Before too long, where there stood a massive golden armor now stands Yomiko, her armor still golden but her frame indeed much smaller. She smiles at the Raksha. "I can tell you're a lover of song, you weave it so beautifully, so seamlessly." She clears her throat a big and looks down slightly, as though she were feeling some great modesty. "I am also a lover of music, of song." She then takes a deep breath and sings out a glorious tone, as though the Sun and Moon themselves danced above them. She had an image of an old man in her head, so her song swayed gently into a passionate rhythm of emerald flame and it's hidden beauty and of it's potential for the glory it may one day regain in the golden rays of the Sun, and out of Ligier's light. She then thinks of Echo, trapped in a literal Hell. No way to remove himself, for if he had surely he would have returned. Her mournful dirge lasts for many minutes until she stops. She pauses for a moment and opens her now somewhat glassy eyes.

She clears her throat, "And I will have you know I am in fact a mother."

Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently I don't have a Perform excellency of any sort. My bad. So I'm using Husband-Seducing Demon Dance and channeling Compassion. That's 2wp and 10m.

Cha+App+Perform:
    (23d10)[10][1][9][3][5][6][7][1][7][2][8][9][6][8][8][2][4][2][4][2][8][9][9](130)
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2011-09-26 at 01:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Honeyed Words Speaker flickers and wavers, her shape fluid as a pool filled with ripples by a dropped stone. Violet hair shades black, and the warm gold of honey fills the pale softness of the faerie's skin as it unthinkingly resculpts its outward avatar. "Such beauty..." the raksha murmurs, all the vivacity and cruelty gone out of it. Honeyed Words Speaker darts toward Yomiko, daring the deadly reality that surrounds her. Its lithe finger brush the priestess's face, even as harsh Creation burns away at its essence, calcifying wyld energies into hostile order. The faerie flees the pattern of inimical essence, sloughing off the crystalline cancer of calcification as ze once more enters the Wyld. "Creation-born, there is such beauty in you, such fire. You, and your golden sun, and your green sun...there is something not unlike the Wyld in you." What was once a salacious allegro is now a husky wavering whisper, fraught with what could be infatuation, what could be love. "What called you here?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

She smiles at her, a bit of sorrow in her eyes for the pain she surely endured reaching into reality. She steps just a bit closer, but never leaving the bubble of safety. "I would like for you to follow me to the edge of the Wyld. The soul of a friend of ours has been mangled by the essence of things best left unmentioned." She pauses, considering sparing her from the explanation but cannot in good conscious deceive the Raksha. "We need to examine you, so we can mend his twisted essence. To draw him back into the Sun." She smiles at her softly, "Would you? For me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spontaneously tacking First Presence Excellency and Irresistible Salesman Spirit into my combo. Then using both. 9 dice into my excellency, so that's a total cost of 5 XP, 1wp and 12m.

Cha+Presence: (18d10)[3][3][7][1][4][5][8][1][10][6][4][5][8][8][3][5][3][6](90)

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr

Zephyr had stood still for a long, lingering moment, but Yomiko's song seemed to have broken his reverie. He once again spoke, his voice like like silver clarion trumpets. "We told you once already, honeyed speaker! We were called by the lure of the wyld itself, and the desire to tame you. We are the god-kings of old come again to impose our will upon that which is formless to bind that which is unshaped." He looked hir, a challenge in his gaze. "And you were wrong, you know. I know the flows of passion and the joy of wild, reckless abandon better than any - whether its the heat of passion or the heat of battle. The reason I would not give in to you is because I, like you, am wild, untamed - and untamable. I have been a slave once, and never again shall I be chained, whether the links be steel or gossamer. If I must, I shall tame you with my bare hands - or with the strength of my heart alone - But you should bend the knee willingly, oh Chaos-born, for we are one and the same, you and I - two creatures of change and flux. But by the only law that is, the law of strength, I am the rightful ruler!"

Spoiler
    Show

Cha + Presence, activating Second Charisma Excellency + Reinforcing the Herd Stance to try to win hir over to our side. Spending 4m for 2 extra successes - also, remember that I have an effective appearance of 7.

(8d10)[6][3][1][8][5][1][2][1](27)

[/spoiler]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Honeyed Words Speaker smiles as Yomiko speaks, her eyes reflecting radiance–and now they truly are her eyes, a femininity spreading across her in graceful mirror of the glorious woman before her. "Oh, that's all you want of me, is it? Other Exalted have come out into the depths of chaos, seeking to woo and conquer we Lords of Chaos...but never to set right what is wrong, never for a thing worthy as love. I will not be tamed, I will not kneel before you, you silly Lunar, but I will help. To show you the beauty of the Wyld, to show you that it can be loved, and for the sake of your friend, I will help." She banishes the opulence and luxuries she has conjured up, and with a snap of her fingers sets the forest in order, unmazing its labyrinthine pathways and letting down the light of the sun to dapple its boughs.

"But I am one, a singular facet of a manifold gem. The Whisper must be won in fullness, or else all dissent crushed. You'll have mastering to do before the end of the day, Lunar, make no mistake. The cup of mercy has been poured out before you, but the ring must be mastered, the sword must be conquered, the staff must be made to yield. I think you can do it, my love." Her voice is sing-song, like a child spelling out their rhymes. Astra bristles at the raksha now, her cheeks flush with some strange new emotion brought to her heart at Yomiko's song. "Faerie, quit this mockery! Just tell us where the next emanation is! Don't vex me, bitch!"

Honeyed Words Speaker grins, opalescent teeth drawing tight against thin lips. "Of course, princess. Nhogg lies yonder, a miserable brutish behemoth. Luck." With a wave of her hand, she illuminates a forest pathway, laying down a shimmering road of lambent golden bricks. Onward to Nhogg.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Yomiko smiles confidently, still looking at the Raksha. She soon turns to Astra with the same smile, so full of enthusiasm and joy. She concentrates yet again through her armor and after two minutes, the Gold Titan stands before you with it's massive grand daiklave upon it's back. Her essence-enhanced voice rings out from the armor, "Well then. Let us find Nhogg."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

"Yes," Ivory Eyes adds, strolling forward with her Amalga. "That wasn't particularly hard, and I can only imagine that the others will follow suit." The tone of her voice is a practiced irony, a farce: today she is the peerless sorceress, the arrogant witch.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Passing through the interways of the Unshaped, the transitional narrative that anchors its diverse fictions to each other, you finally come across the stomping grounds of Nhogg, a shaggy-grassed savanna lush with the scent of dramatic significance. At the center of the waypoint, the fixed axis that defines its center, a single tree stands. Its height cannot even be spoken of, for it towers up to the clouds, to the sun, up to the highest arc of the waypoint where it fades into fuzzy and undefined details, as if abandoned by a lazy artist. You cannot even see the branches. And in the midst of the plain wallows a monster as you have never seen. Its jaws gape wide, wide enough to swallow down all the Imperial Mountain. The jagged stalagmites of its mandible scrape against the earth like some grim plow furrowing the soil, while its upper jaw only ceases opening as it bumps against the dome of the sky, massive white teeth dangling down with predatory menace. The monster is like unto some massive boar in shape and form, save for where it is like a bear, like a wolf, like a siaka, like a tyrant lizard, like a spider, like a mantis. Its chimera-body bristles with countless monstrosities, each one promising predation. Where it stamps the ground, behemoths sprout from the soil, each one a single aspect of its great terrible father-menace. Yomiko's warstrider stands level with the cleft of its adamant hooves. It does not so much as notice you.

Nhogg, He Who Cuts At The World Tree
    The Tempering of Purpose

28. - Top - End - #118

Watcher

"If no one has any objections..." Watcher says in a hushed voice, holding up one of his Sun's Fist Chakrams. Allowing a few moments for any of the group to speak up, he he gives the massive creature a quick size up. He knows that f he was a few years younger, he would be scared out of his mind right now. That he would be shaking in his tightly laced boots. Good thing he had actually stayed in Lotus. Because of that, he had seen the wonders of Heaven. He had seen the horrors that that Hell had to offer. And if not even Ligier could stop them, then they could take down this Wyld-spawn.

After hearing no dissent from the group, Watcher steps through the shadows, appearing on the shoulder of of Yomiko's warstrider. He wanted the best view of this thing, after all. Taking a moment to focus himself, he recited the oath that would unlock the fury of the small weapon.

"In fearful day, in raging night
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite
    When all seems lost, do not doubt the light
    Look to the sky, for the sun burns bright!"

With the gold of the Unconquered Sun shining around briefly, he launches the disk at the beast, hoping the resulting explosion would bring good news.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 2 motes to activate the chakram, 8 motes on First Thrown Excellency, and a willpower to channel valor.

Dex+thrown (19d10)[3][10][2][8][6][5][7][3][1][10][9][2][9][5][7][6][8][9][2](112)

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Watcher's golden chakram flies true through the Wyld, leaving contrails of glistering light behind it. A radiant nimbus glows brighter and brighter as it soars, culling the fantasies of heroics and glory from the Wyld's chaos and purifying them into Solar essence. It strikes Nhogg's bristling gossamer hide, shining like a golden lantern as it explodes in a holy conflagration. The judgment of the Unconquered Sun weighs heavy on the Unshaped, the sacred flames scouring away the fae monster's flesh. The massive burn stretches across the behemoth's hide for hundreds of yards...a mere speck upon the hide of Nhogg. But now, he has noticed you. Nhogg roars, a bellowing howl as from the throats of ten thousand fairytale monsters, and stamps his hoof in the soil of the Wyld. Up from the scarred pit arise a pack of behemoths, each one more huge and more horrid than the last. As they arise, the Wyld once more proclaims their titles unto you.

The Lobster Brigade

Thousand Miles Cat

Bearhive

Detective Piranha

Yuh-oh.

Battle Joined
    Spoiler
    Show

Tick 0: Watcher, Ivory Eyes, Nhogg
    Tick 1: Yomiko, Bearhive, Thousand Miles Cat
    Tick 2: Detective Piranha
    Tick 3: Zephyr, The Lobster Brigade
    Tick 5: Astra
    Tick 6: Red Sand Gamine, Iron Megara, Silver Heron

Watcher
    Spoiler
    Show

2-die stunt, 4m or 1wp

Tick 0: Watcher, Ivory Eyes, Nhogg

30. - Top - End - #120
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

"A moment's protection, if you would," Ivory says to Iron Megera as she unfurls her fingers from the gemstone set in her Hand of the Great Maker: the Adamant of Unconquered Sorcery gleams madly in her hand, refracting the glowing light of her anima. Within its manifold facets, a shape appears like a figure of gold and oil, bearing great chakrams that pierce the heavens. In her other hand, her Phylactery-Vajra gleams as well, ready to imbue her spell with impossible potence.

Spoiler
    Show

First cast action for GOD-FORGED CHAMPION OF WAR.

Essence ●●●●●
    Personal 22/22
    Peripheral 35/35
    Glory 10/10
    Committed: 10 (Vajra), 8 (CRP)

Willpower: 7/7

Dodge DV: 5

Health:
    [ ] -0
    [ ][ ][ ][ ] -1
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] -2
    [ ] -4
    [ ] Incapacitated

Magic in effect:
    Chaos Repelling Prana
    Last edited by GryffonDurime; 2010-01-15 at 12:30 AM.