New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zany multiplane adventurers! Turn 4!

Write-up coming up.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I guess that's normal, after all, I guess the striptease was pretty good.
    Your ankles shall be delicious.
    Neverending Dungeon Deadpool
    Bill - Death by Suicide
    Myrddin - Death by Awesome
    Ekindu - Death by Colour Spray and CdG

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Turn 5 time!

Critical:Sh*t... - the Seeker thought as everyone ran out, and some were thrown out. The plan failed. But he had a backup one and he could pull it off if he was lucky enough. Though, he doubted it, there were too many guns who were going to shoot him. Still, the leap of faith had to be made. The Seeker sprinted towards the side which indicated the "Security Station 01" and he figured out it would be a great idea to pretend to be a guard and ask for help.
    TruorTupnm:Truor's arm snakes out at Seeker while growling a, "Oh, no you don't!" at his retreating leg. If he doesn't count as being close enough to prevent him from getting out of there, his growl is composed of concentrated hatred, which is hopefully enough to give him pause, at least.
    Seeker roll:[1]
    Truor roll:[2]
    The Seeker attempts to run away, and Truor attempts to grab him, sadly though, both of them bump into each other and fall down.

Lubirio: Screaming at the top of her lungs, Sammy led out a roar of battle and, aiming the gun straight for the retreating figure's head, opened fire with eyes wide open at the sight of fresh blood.
    [1]: Sammy hits Truor instead, badly wounding him.

Hashmir:With the flaming room behind him, Jake runs for the security station in an attempt to reach it before what was apparently a guard..
    [2]: You trip midway, falling on the ground, what appears to be a security guard walks up to you and says "Who are you?""

ozgun92:Apa spends his time tending his own wounds.
    [5]: Apa manages to halt the bleeding, his suit is rather torn though.

Lorien077:Lucky continues to flee, seeking a safer quieter place to uninvisible herself. From there she intends to seek help.
    [1]: Lucky runs down to security instead of the (Probably!) safer engineering, she uninvisibles midway, once she is there, she finds a 6x8 room filled with various sensors and other devices, all chairs are filled with what appear to be security guards, various crewmembers are shouting to each other, you manage to hear phrases like "I am reading various chemicals in the air in cargo bay, getting movement!", "Word just came from bridge,entering anomaly in 15 seconds...", "Flames are burning through the cargo bay walls!", and "We can't risk sending in a team, it is too dangerous!" One then spots you and says "Who are you and why are you here?"

Ekindu:I don't need a detailed example of this. After everyones shooting, I want to eat his ankles.
    [3]: You make a few nibbles, but not much else.

ShinyDelusion:"What the hell?!" Shiny screamed at the retreating Seeker. Oh well, no time to hang out with crazy people bent on her death. She ran down the opposite corridor (the one without the Security stuff) in search of someone sane who could help her.
    [4]: Shiny flees to engineering, she enters a 12x12 room filled with dozens of people and various devices, a dwarf appears to be in command of engineering, he shouts "Drop shields lads! We be entering anomaly in 15 seconds! Security have those mines ready?" Nobody seems to notice you.

Greystone(Autopilot): Uhhh.. Turn The Seeker into a flaming snake ?
    [2]: Carius thinks really, really hard, but can't turn the seeker into a flaming snake, it is probably for the best.

Seeker: Prone,has been nibbled on,In guard clothing, has a rifle, corridor.
    Sammy: OK, In civilian clothing, corridor. Has a gun.
    Shiny: OK, in civilian clothing, engineering. Has a gun.
    Ekindu: Fine,in civilian clothing, corridor, has a gun.
    Carius:OK,in civilian clothing, corridor. Has a gun.
    Lucky:OK,in civilian clothing,security, Invisible.
    Jake:Prone,in civilian clothing,corridor. Has a gun.
    Truor:Severely wounded,prone,in civilian clothing,corridor, pretending to be captain. Has a gun.
    Apa: Corridor,prone, fine, in civilian clothing, HAS A GUN!

Wow, I think you're luck is running out!

Environment: 8x10 Corridor that splits in two paths. 6x8 security room, 12x12 engineering room
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Zany multiplane adventurers! Turn 5!

Shiny realized retreat might be the best course of action since this was obviously a very important place, but, then again, this room seemed a helluva lot safer than anywhere else she'd been so far. Besides, she might be able to figure out more about what was going on by paying attention. This in mind, Shiny retreated to shadowy corner where she'd stay unnoticed, listening carefully to conversation around her.
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Woah. That was some lucky stuff going on here. Everything was going fine, except some girl was eating Seeker's ankle. "Hey baby, maybe we'll do this in a more intimate space?" - he said with a grin. He wanted to kick her in the face, but remembered that only one action per turn is allowed. He then noticed that the guy who tried to stop him took all the wounds. Maybe he should continue his job? - he thought. The Seeker grabs Truor and uses him as a shield, while continuing running up the hall.
    Last edited by Critical; 2010-01-03 at 07:53 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Truor, while growling and being manhandled, attempts to heal himself. He also tosses plenty of glares at The Seeker, plenty of bewildered looks at the people scattering to various rooms without much of a plan, and one sympathetic look at Ekindu, who failed to make much of a dent in The Seeker's ankles.

Also, even if I die soon, it was fun. I am all kinds of saddened by the fact that The Seeker didn't get turned into a snake. It would have been awesome. *insert rolling eyed dude*
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-01-03 at 09:10 PM.
    You're either an Outcast, or you're in denial.
    Strength and stupidity in numbers.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucky is very relieved to find herself visible and with more sane people. However she does put her hands up to make her position very clear.
    "I came from the cargo bay, someone knocked me out and stuffed me in there with a bunch of loonies. Please don't shoot me"
    Her goal: come off as non-threatening, and hope that the authority figures on this ship are not horribly EEEEEVIL!!!!!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Apa stands up and walks to the engineering room, trying to figure out what's going on in there.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

Seemingly changing genders after assaulting Seeker, she now shrieks out loud attempting to alert attention of local guards to capture Seeker "SOMEBODY HELP ME, THIS MAN MADE A MISOGYNISTIC COMMENT AT ME."
    Bill - Death by Suicide

10. - Top - End - #100

Gasping, Sammy jumped over to where Truor was, and tried to heal him as much as she could, pulling him away from the menacing Seeker.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Figuring the truth was as good as anything, Jake put on his dashingest grin and winked.

"Jake Stanley, Outlaw Extraordinaire and Winner of Maidens' Hearts -- among other body parts."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

6:00 PM is the deadline for greystone.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

Turn 6 time!

ShinyDelusion:Shiny realized retreat might be the best course of action since this was obviously a very important place, but, then again, this room seemed a helluva lot safer than anywhere else she'd been so far. Besides, she might be able to figure out more about what was going on by paying attention. This in mind, Shiny retreated to shadowy corner where she'd stay unnoticed, listening carefully to conversation around her.
    [4]:You hide under a console the you believe controls engine speed, the dwarf has been counting down and now is at 10, "9,8,7,6,5,4,3....."
    Critical:Woah. That was some lucky stuff going on here. Everything was going fine, except some girl was eating Seeker's ankle. "Hey baby, maybe we'll do this in a more intimate space?" - he said with a grin. He wanted to kick her in the face, but remembered that only one action per turn is allowed. He then noticed that the guy who tried to stop him took all the wounds. Maybe he should continue his job? - he thought. The Seeker grabs Truor and uses him as a shield, while continuing running up the hall.
    [5]: He runs down to security intact, a guard there notices the HEAVILY BLEEDING BODY THE SEEKER IS CARRYING, and demands to know who he is. The guard is pointing a gun at the Seeker.
    TruorTupnm :Truor, while growling and being manhandled, attempts to heal himself. He also tosses plenty of glares at The Seeker, plenty of bewildered looks at the people scattering to various rooms without much of a plan, and one sympathetic look at Ekindu, who failed to make much of a dent in The Seeker's ankles.
    [3]: Truor make some hasty repairs, he manages to halt most of the bleeding but there still is moderate organ and bone damage.

Lorien077:Lucky is very relieved to find herself visible and with more sane people. However she does put her hands up to make her position very clear.
    "I came from the cargo bay, someone knocked me out and stuffed me in there with a bunch of loonies. Please don't shoot me"
    [3]: The Bugbear who appears to be in charge of security states "We will need to take you to the captain, he should be at the bridge by now" and motions to two guards, who move to handcuff you, he notices the Seeker and the bleeding body bursting and says "You with them?" A guard suddenly states "Sir! Something is tearing through the cargo bay doors!"

ozgun92:Apa stands up and walks to the engineering room, trying to figure out what's going on in there.
    [6]: Despite the wounds, Apa makes it to engineering unspotted.

Ekindu:Seemingly changing genders after assaulting Seeker, she now shrieks out loud attempting to alert attention of local guards to capture Seeker "SOMEBODY HELP ME, THIS MAN MADE A MISOGYNISTIC COMMENT AT ME."
    [5]: A trio of crewmembers march forward from engineering and shout "You! All of you! HANDS IN THE AIR!" they all appear to be carrying blasters.

Lubirio:Gasping, Sammy jumped over to where Truor was, and tried to heal him as much as she could, pulling him away from the menacing Seeker.
    [4]: Sammy jumps unto Truor and is carried away with him, she manages to stop what bleeding was left, but there is still the bone and organ damage.

Hashmir:Figuring the truth was as good as anything, Jake put on his dashingest grin and winked.

"Jake Stanley, Outlaw Extraordinaire and Winner of Maidens' Hearts -- among other body parts."
    [3]: The guard states "I'm going to have to take you to security..." and moves to handcuff you, on another note, the guard is a drow female.

Greystone:....Uh....growls and retreats up? Growls and trys to find a access hatch in the ceiling?
    [4]: Greystone finds a vent and hides in it, it is rather small, 1x20.

Seeker: Prone,has been nibbled on,In guard clothing, has a rifle, securityr.
    Sammy: OK, In civilian clothing, security. Has a gun.
    Shiny: OK,hidden, in civilian clothing, engineering. Has a gun.
    Ekindu: Fine,in civilian clothing, corridor, has a gun.
    Carius:OK,in civilian clothing, vent. Has a gun.
    Lucky:OK,in civilian clothing,security.
    Jake:Prone,in civilian clothing,corridor. Has a gun. Being Handcuffed.
    Truor: Badly wounded,prone,in civilian clothing,security, pretending to be captain. Has a gun.
    Apa: Corridor, engineering,hidden, in civilian clothing, HAS A GUN!
    Environment: 8x10 Corridor that splits in two paths. 6x8 security room, 12x12 engineering room, 1x20 vent.

14. - Top - End - #104

Default Re: Zany multiplane adventurers! Turn 6!

The Seeker grabs his rifle and says: "Attack the intruders!" The Seeker starts shooting Truor with a gun and tells the guards to attack the intruders(speaking is a free action... right?)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The Seeker grabs his rifle and says: "Attack the intruders!" The Seeker starts shooting Truor with a gun and tells the guards to attack the intruders(speaking is a free action... right?)
    That is correct.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Unable to take this suspense any longer, Shiny attempted to attract the attention of the dwarf in charge while simultaneously coming across as completely non-threatening and friendly.

"Excuse me," she said, glad that talking was a free action, "What is going on, and is there anything I can do to help?" If the ship was about to blow up or something, stopping that from happening should be her first priority, she reasoned.
    That's what she said.

17. - Top - End - #107

Truor, while imitating the captain again, authoritatively shouts, "Shoot this assassin! He's trying to kill your captain!" During his free action of speaking, he then attempts to flip the switch from "Kill" to "Heal" on The Seeker's gun.

Hopefully, that works. *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by TruorTupnm; 2010-01-05 at 04:33 PM.

- Myself

Free-Form Role-Playing Game Characters, because I got tired of sticking links in my posts --->

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey guys, just got a PM from Greystone, she(or he?) is out, too busy with work and all that.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

"This day can't get any worse." ;_;
    Lucky dives for cover, and tries to calm down and focus herself. The only thing between her and a blasty grave is now likely her psionic abilities. '...I'm doomed.'

20. - Top - End - #110

At the sight of Truor pretending he's the captain, Sam stands next to him, as if the second-in-command.

The action is basically helping Truor, so take whichever roll is better from the both of us.
    Last edited by Lubirio; 2010-01-05 at 06:44 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Apa tries to establish control over the engineering room, trying to get reports on what's happening and what the emergency is about.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorien is out,didn't feel like her character worked with the setting and all that, so that leaves us with 7 players.
    Anyway, I think now we are just waiting for Hashmir right?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

As the Drow moves to cuff him, Jake attempts one more time to exercise his masculine wiles and win her over.

"Say, is it dark in here, or is it just you? "

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the smiley-face wink was port of the quote.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets see....if Ekindu has yet to post by 6:00 PM, expect a write up.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Turn 7 time, as well as time to kill off Greystone and Lorien's characters cause they dropped out.

Critical:The Seeker grabs his rifle and says: "Attack the intruders!" The Seeker starts shooting Truor with a gun and tells the guards to attack the intruders(speaking is a free action... right?)
    [5]: The Seeker blasts Truor, knocking Truor to the floor, if Truor doesn't get medical aid soon, he will DIE.

ShinyDelusion:Unable to take this suspense any longer, Shiny attempted to attract the attention of the dwarf in charge while simultaneously coming across as completely non-threatening and friendly.

"Excuse me," she said, glad that talking was a free action, "What is going on, and is there anything I can do to help?" If the ship was about to blow up or something, stopping that from happening should be her first priority, she reasoned.
    [5]: The dwarf looks at you and says "What the hell are ye of the doin not being in uniform?! We be gettin into an anomaly that be droppin our shields, the odds be more even to us then! Anyway, 2,1, DROP SHIELDS NOW!"
    A crewmember fiddles with some panels on a console, and the sound of something deactivating can be heard.

TruorTupnm :Truor, while imitating the captain again, authoritatively shouts, "Shoot this assassin! He's trying to kill your captain!" During his free action of speaking, he then attempts to flip the switch from "Kill" to "Heal" on The Seeker's gun.

Hopefully, that works. *crosses fingers*
    Lubirio:At the sight of Truor pretending he's the captain, Sam stands next to him, as if the second-in-command.
    Truor roll:[1]
    Sammy roll:[3]
    Truor didn't appear believable at all, but Sammy helps reinforce what Truor is saying. The guard says "Where have you been captain? And shouldn't ms.second-in-command here be at the bridge? And isn't our second-in-command an orc?"

Lorien077:"This day can't get any worse." ;_;
    Lucky dives for cover, and tries to calm down and focus herself. The only thing between her and a blasty grave is now likely her psionic abilities. '...I'm doomed.'
    [4]: She dives under a console that appears to track motion on the ship.

ozgun92:Apa tries to establish control over the engineering room, trying to get reports on what's happening and what the emergency is about.
    [2]: A guard approaches Apa and demands to know who he is.

Hashmir:As the Drow moves to cuff him, Jake attempts one more time to exercise his masculine wiles and win her over.

"Say, is it dark in here, or is it just you? "
    [3]: She smiles for a bit but says "I won't handcuff you, but you are coming with me to the bridge" she raises her gun.
    Ekindu: Try to imitate drow?
    [6]: You imitate a draw flawlessly, the guards lower their weapons but the leading one says "Shouldn't you be guarding the path to security, Xika?"
    Greystone:Remain in Vent.
    [4]: Remaining in vent.

Suddenly, the sound of something moving quickly can be heard, and then a powerful "BANG" can be heard as an explosion ricochets throughout the ship, Carius and Lucky are killed instantly, everyone else rolls to dodge the various explosion.
    Seeker: [6]: The seeker dodges the explosion from a console flawlessly, Lucky, of course isn't so lucky.
    Sammy: [2]: Sammy is knocked over and burnt slightly on the left leg from that console explosion.
    Shiny:[5]: Flames appear in various locations, but you manage to avoid them.
    Ekindu: [1]: A flame appears right under Ekindu and sends her flying, she is badly injured. The guards are blown away.
    Jake:[6]:Jake jumps up and avoids various bits of vent explosion, the drow guard is knocked over and appears badly wounded, she says "Help.... faintly.
    Truor: [4]: Despite being ALMOST DEAD Truor dodges a console explosion.
    Apa: [3]: Apa hugs a wall and dodges a burst of flame.

The Dwarf in engineering is knocked off a high platform and falls to the floor, he appears to be either dead or severely wounded. A crew member in security shouts "We're hit! That ship is already in the anomaly!"

Seeker: OK,In guard clothing, has a rifle, security.
    Sammy: Lightly wounded,prone, In civilian clothing, security. Has a gun. Pretending to be second-in-command.
    Shiny: Ok, in civilian clothing, engineering. Has a gun.
    Ekindu: Badly wounded,prone,in civilian clothing, corridor, has a gun.
    Carius:Dead.
    Lucky:Dead.
    Jake:Prone,in civilian clothing,corridor. Has a gun. Being Handcuffed.
    Truor: Almost dead,in civilian clothing,security, pretending to be captain. Has a gun.
    Apa: Corridor, engineering,hidden, in civilian clothing, HAS A GUN!
    Environment: 8x10 Corridor that splits in two paths. 6x8 security room, 12x12 engineering room.

26. - Top - End - #116

Default Re: Zany multiplane adventurers! Turn 7!

I'm not sure if all of the guards were blown away, or only particular ones that have been messing with us. If some are still around, Truor, with a gruff, "Aherm!" stifling a gulp, attempts to order people around in his captain's voice, one last time. "Heal me up," he points to The Seeker, "Shoot this assassin for trying to kill me and setting off that explosion, get me the latest status report," he points to Sammy, and ends with a (probably, by now) weak shake of a fist, "And your second in command used to be an Orc. This is your new second in command, one who listens to orders!"

If there aren't any guards in a position to listen, I suppose that he'll just have to roll big on an awesome heal.

- Myself

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TruorTupnm View Post
    I'm not sure if all of the guards were blown away, or only particular ones that have been messing with us. If some are still around, Truor, with a gruff, "Aherm!" stifling a gulp, attempts to order people around in his captain's voice, one last time. "Heal me up," he points to The Seeker, "Shoot this assassin for trying to kill me and setting off that explosion, get me the latest status report," he points to Sammy, and ends with a (probably, by now) weak shake of a fist, "And your second in command used to be an Orc. This is your new second in command, one who listens to orders!"

If there aren't any guards in a position to listen, I suppose that he'll just have to roll big on an awesome heal.
    Only particular ones that were messing with you.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Flinching from the explosion, Jake saw that the guard was now badly hurt. He felt vaguely guilty -- in the six or so seconds since they had met, he thought they had really established a bond together.

Jake ran over and tried to help her to the nearest medical area.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh! The horror!" Shiny cried dramatically at the dwarf's severe injury. Oh well, time for grieving later, now was time for business. It seemed that this mysterious anomaly thing might be the source of many problems. "Time to try a little magic..." Concentrating very hard, Shiny tried to teleport the ship to a region of space where it would be safe and take no more damage.
    That's what she said.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

"I should be guarding the path to security yes, and that is exactly what I'm doing" The Drow Female strains to apply some medkits to herself. "Now how about you help me patch some of these wounds up so I can continue my business with these intruders."

Ask any guards who are still standing to aid in healing herself.
    Last edited by Ekindu; 2010-01-05 at 08:43 PM.
    Bill - Death by Suicide