New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: about a certain zombie (SOD Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    That's what being wrong means to Left-Eye Redcloak.

It's not about everything being a waste. It's about everything being a waste because he was wrong. That's what bothers him about it. That it would happen because he was wrong and not that it would happen at all.
    Not necessarily because he was wrong, but because of him. He was the one who caused it, whether it was because he was wrong or because he was stupid or what.

To paraphrase TVtropes, "His fatal flaw is the refusal to turn back, because otherwise, everything he's sacrificed will have been in vain." If he had a chance to do it over again, I have no doubt in my mind that he never would have made the deal with Xykon, because he could avoid the consequences from that one bad decision.

It's not the admittance that he's wrong that really twists it for Redcloak. It's the admittance that these deaths were his fault and were all in vain.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: about a certain zombie (SOD Spoilers)

I have to agree with the people that think Right Eye won't easily forgive RC. You can talk about family or blood all you want, but you have to remember that RC is partially responsible for the deaths of Right Eye's entire family, and he certainly didn't seem to really care that they died (when Right Eye brought it up be pretty much dismissed it).

I would expect that Right Eye, or most people for that matter, if given the choice between sticking with their wife and kids or brother, that they'd pick the wife and kids. Maybe he can forgive RC for killing him, but can he forgive RC for taking the deaths of his entirely family so lightly? For being partially responsible for the events that caused it? I have my doubts there.