New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Basic Training IC

Gruk

As a reflex to hearing Quarrel yell him to roll on the ground, Gruk starts to do so, taking off most of his clothes as well, leaving only an undergarment to reveal a huge tattoo on his chest, clearly visible against the light from the burning.

Spoiler
    Show
    I get reflex saves to avoid getting on fire, DC15.

This one's from the round the attack hit: Reflex - (1d20+1)[21]
    And this one is this round, with +4 for rolling on the ground: Reflex - (1d20+5)[14]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vance

Vance pops his head up from the rock for a second for a peek, seeing the dead goblin. He once again scans the area for more goblins in the vicinity, still behind the cover of the rock.

Spot:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[1](7)

While looking, Vance notices Meena getting up in the cart. He smiles.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

3. - Top - End - #63

Gruk successfully smothers the flames on his body, with Quarrel's help.

The adventurers look around. The landscape is still and silent. Were it not for the two dead goblins on the ground, one could be fooled into thinking it was still the most isolate, unimportant part of the Union lands, far from any invading armies.

Quarrel
    "A goblin observation post! Here! We must get word of this back to the barracks...ugh... and I need something to shake off this poison, too."

Gnome Formerly Known As Meena (does a flip off the wagon, lands in a crouch with a shuriken in her hand, and in a low, vicious voice:)
    "I'll stay here and look for more of them. It's been far too long since my last kill."

TO BE CONTINUED...
    Thanks to Daryk for the Paladin avatar. Darius Sungold. 1648 OOC.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quarrel
    "Sounds good. Elkirk, you and I will ride the two horses back to the barracks. I'm not sure if this poison is done with me yet, so your job is to keep me alive. The rest of you can stay here with the cart and Mei-Ying -- that's Meena in her current form. Don't worry, she won't slit your throats unless you cross her. I've read her file."

Mei-Ying (already disconnecting the cart from the horses)
    "Meena was useless!"

Quarrel
    "I wouldn't say that. You know she can do some things you can't. And she can be trusted completely, which is sometimes more valuable than hotheaded courage."

Mei-Ying (scowling even more)
    "You can trust me. While Meena was crying her pathetic little heart out, she told me what the Union is up against. I side with you."

Quarrel (nods)
    "I thought as much. I know your hatred for the goblin peoples."

Mei-Ying spits and mutters something sounding like a curse, then gives Quarrel a boost onto the bare back of one of the unharnessed horses.

Quarrel
    "I'll send some cavalry boys back to pick you up. Just stay alive until then."
    Last edited by Bonecrusher Doc; 2010-03-10 at 05:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vance

Die? Us? Never. Death is for squares, after all.

Vance strolls toward the dead goblins, checking both for anything of value, any weapons, and any usable items other than the previously mentioned.

Search:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[10](16)
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #66

Vance finds nothing interesting. Just the typical smelly accoutrements of a scout: a waterskin, some unidentifiable meat jerky, flint & steel.

Vance wipes his hands on his legs and turns to the rest of the party. Just then there is a small scrabbling sound, and next to the bridge over the Divide, a small bloody hand reaches up from the chasm, grasping for a hold.

A barely audible, hoarse voice speaks in Common: "Help!"