New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: The Firefly and the Falcon

Captain Tamrin simply watched the infernal prick stride off this his money his right hand stroked the pommel of his blaster a moment before he rounded on the crew behind him.

"Let's go." He spoke a little more harshly than he intended too.

At the last moment he heard someone speaking within the confines beyond the hatch.

"And someone tell Sammie to inspect the lateral controls and see what sort of prices they have on spare parts."

In a lower tone he added, "Force knows we'll need them."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Spare parts?" Sammi says, coming out of the cargo hold. "I really hope the start of that sentence was 'We have enough money to get some really good...'" she adds, more ornery than usual. "I can only jury-rig things in emergencies so much before something just gives, Cap."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tamrin jingled his pocket a bit feeling the weight of his creds. He frowned not as much as he'd like.

"We'll see what I can get for that scrap in cargo hold, maybe a pazzak game or two will pad out my pockets." He spoke with an easy smile, he had a penchant for bad habits but won more often that not.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Okay", Joki says. "I'll wait here with the others then. I'll try to keep myself occupied. Take care while you're there", she finishes with a smile and walks away, but still keeping her head towards her brother until he is out of sight. Without much to do, she starts walking around the ship, trying to bump into some other person or people on board.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Konrad lets out a faint sigh of relief; she's tracking as well as I'd dared to hope, thank the stars.... Then he heads to the cargo bay to wait for the others.
    My favorite exchange:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    If your idea of fun is to give the players whatever they want, then I suggest you take out a board game called: CANDY LAND and use that for your gaming sessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag
    Obviously, you have never known the frustration of being stranded in the Molasses Swamp.
    _______
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    Physics is a dame of culture and sophistication. She'll take you in, keep you warm at night, provide all kinds of insight into yourself and the world you never find on your own.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Captain eying the part of the crew with them gathers them around with a quick nod and turns towards the innards of Cloud City it wasn't his first time on the station but it had been a while since his travels had brought him back here. He rather hoped a few people he wasn't on so good terms with had the decency to have spaced themselves by now or moved off the floating city.

The first thing he had to do was get his bearings and that meant chatting up some of the local cantina owners and bartenders who would know the layout of the station best since they were one of the small slices of the transient population that didn't spend all day gathering tibana gas in the clouds. It was also a good chance to get caught back up on current events in the locality.

Spoiler
    Show

Gather Information: (1d20+4)[12]
    Knowledge Galactic Lore: (1d20+10)[30]
    Last edited by A'den; 2010-01-29 at 01:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

The Captain and his crew found themselves chatting up a reasonably agreeable bartender, a Twi'lek by the name of Olutu. A passing acquaintance, Olutu was often a reliable source of information for certain Republic-friendly elements in the underbelly of society. His bar was a smelly little dive in the lower city, often frequented by Ugnauts and Human laborers.
    "Word is," Olutu said grimly to the Captain, "that this new Baron-Administrator is having trouble bucking the Imperials. I'd be careful about whose face you punch in, Tamrin. He might be somebody important, ya know?"
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tamrin snorted, the only Imperial that would get him to walk small had a cape.

"Do they actually have a presence here yet or are the Baron's security goons still in charge? I didn't see much on the way into the system it seemed like."

He took a sip of his drink, Olutu was one of the only holes in the station you could not expect to get watered down Ugnaut piss for beer.

"My old contacts still work the low levels
    ?"
    Last edited by A'den; 2010-01-30 at 01:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"It's mostly just token, for now," Olutu said. "'Course, that's how it always starts. It's not the guys in the uniforms you gotta be concerned about, y'know? It's the guy who talks to the guy in uniform."

"Most of 'em. The Imps know better than to try clearing that hole out."
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Tamrin nods frustrated a moment then through the smoke of crowd sees a shape he recognizes. A triangle shaped head parts the crowd moving towards the Captain a blaster carbine in his hands.

"Didn'zz thinkzz youss come back here again did ya, Tamrinzzz?"
    The Trandoshan's accent is horrible and barely passable basic.

"Boss wants to see ya."

Trak a Trandoshan mercenary ran as muscle for the local crime lord. Arlen Fisk a Bothan who ran the underhanded things people sought on the lower levels of Cloud City.

"Huh, good." The Captain speaks up confident for having a gun pointed at him. "I got some cargo that hes been squawking about."
    Last edited by A'den; 2010-02-13 at 12:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

"You know the rules here, Lizard Lips." Olutu bared his teeth - it couldn't quite be called a smile - as he looked at Trak. "Put the blaster away and play nice, or we start to have us some problems here."
    Trak glared at Olutu, then lowered his carbine. "Bosszz wantszz him in one pieze, anywayszz."

(I'm only specifying Sammi, but anybody else interested can tag along too.)

Meanwhile, Sammi was in substantially nicer parts of Cloud City. She was meeting with a travel broker, someone who put people looking to get out of a system in contact with people who were looking to get people out of systems. It wasn't always legal, but this broker almost never worked with fugitives.
    Almost.
    The broker slid into the chair opposite Sammi in his office, sitting behind his desk and immediately went to work with the computer terminal. He was an odd-looking humanoid, obviously aquatic with a face something like an anthropomorphic stingray and mottled blue skin. "Sorry I'm late," he said in a gravelly, burbling voice. He had an odd accent, like his vocal cords weren't quite designed for Basic. "You're with the Brutus, right?"
    Last edited by Solaris; 2010-02-20 at 07:27 PM.

Currently Playing

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh no, we're with the Serenity. She's a much smoother ship." Sammi announces proudly, smiling and chipper.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

"Serenity, right. Like the name of that." The broker called up a couple of dockets on his computer, flickering images popping up in the holo-display. "How many passengers were you looking for, and where are you going?"

Currently Playing