New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Around the Eye of the Storm IC

Quote Originally Posted by deathpigeon View Post
    The dragonborn looks strait into Mathas's eyes and says, "No. The prophecy will not be recorded. One of my prophecies got into someone elses hands before, I don't know how, even without me telling people, and one of my main suspects for who is the person the prophecy speaks of. Their will be no recording in any archive, especially not this one."

He turns to Don, "You can stay, and you won't tell anyone."
    Fine keeping a secret has never been a problem of ours. As long as the keeping of it does no harm to the Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Kallista sits "And here I thought that the guy with a cloak would be a sure-fire man for a job opportunity." She slides out of her chair and over to the deva's table to flank the dragonborn while sizing him up. "So, you've got a mysterious quest to give? Can I join in?"
    Just then the wench arrives with 3 ales. Sliding one in front of Kalista, Mathas and Don. Mathas reaches over and slides one over to the Dragonborn whom the wench can not see. Sorry my good lady that was for him. We will need another for the Lady here. She looks at the empty chair then back at Mathas, then as she starts to turn away. Reaching into his pouch he pulls out a gold. This should over it and leave something for your self also I believe. May Ioun's Light shine on you.

Looking to Kallista Greetings we are Mathas, you are?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"My name's Kallista." She turns towards their sometimes there, sometimes not companion, and lowers her voice conspiratorially. "Well, you're meeting with a deva in the only tavern in a town full of humans. Not exactly the best place to be handing out secret prophecies unless there's an adventure to be had by those who hear it."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    "My name's Kallista." She turns towards their sometimes there, sometimes not companion, and lowers her voice conspiratorially. "Well, you're meeting with a deva in the only tavern in a town full of humans. Not exactly the best place to be handing out secret prophecies unless there's an adventure to be had by those who hear it."
    The dragonborn laughed, "Don't make me make you leave, I can do that."
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar."
    -Wash

Sharing is caring, and I don't care.

Omnia erit bonus.

4. - Top - End - #94

Not having a clue of what they are talking about, he stares in bewilderment.

You can stay, and you won't tell anyone.

Thanks for reminding, I can't tell anyone. I'm like everyone's dog, I can't tell your secrets...

He listens on to see if he can tell what the heck they are talking about
    Last edited by GreenMuffin; 2010-01-08 at 08:28 PM.
    My Avatar Adoption Center
    (I take personal avatar requests!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a True Neutral Gnome Bard (1st level)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kallista pouts. "You wouldn't hurt a poor girl who's out of work, would you?"

6. - Top - End - #96

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMuffin View Post
    Not having a clue of what they are talking about, he stares in bewilderment.

You can stay, and you won't tell anyone.

Thanks for reminding, I can't tell anyone. I'm like everyone's dog, I can't tell your secrets...

He listens on to see if he can tell what the heck they are talking about
    Don hears, Stop thinking so loud at me, it really hurts my concentration. We are talking about a prophecy, it concerns the deva, the tiefling, and you, Don. Happy now?
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

7. - Top - End - #97

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmage View Post
    Fine keeping a secret has never been a problem of ours. As long as the keeping of it does no harm to the Temple.
    The dragonborn smiles, "I wouldn't dream of it, now I think we should move on to the prophecy at hand."

His demeanor changes, he hunches over, lowers his head 45 degrees. His eyes take on a new, sinister look, and his voice drops a couple of octaves, A storm is gathering, slowly, deliberately. At the center of it, in the eye, lies to towns and eight warriors, from the great warrior, to the manipulator of minds. As the dark clouds build, those in the storm cannot enter the eye, for once you have left, it is impossible to find the way back. A judgement from the darkness, and a fight between those who dwell their, scheming, plotting. Events will transpire, events not seen since the time of Khala and the eternal winter. The warriors will be instrumental in the defeat of an old power, and the restoration of balance.

He straitens up and smiles, "I will talk to each of you in private now, while we weight for the final player to show up." For everyone sitting at the table, you see the air around swirl, then, at the table at where I will specify, you see yourself sitting with the dragonborn. To those not sitting at the table, everyone at the table disappears.
    Last edited by deathpigeon; 2010-01-08 at 08:57 PM.
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

As the others vanish, Daigorro's eyes widen. Meh, I suppose I've seen weirder, he thinks to himself, turning back to his delicious food. He takes another drink of the thick, invigorating juice and closes his eyes slightly, smiling. Its downright homelike here, he thinks to himself, fingering his little piece of splintered wood, the gateway to what is left of his shattered soul.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Orpheus seeks out this Daigorro. Perhaps he could join up with Orpheus and fight alongside him. But more importantly, Orpheus sought out a student- yet finding a perfect candidate would be tough.

(OOC- I know you're on the other team, but an introduction wouldn't hurt anyone.)
    The Crimson Drake by Crimmy

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    Orpheus seeks out this Daigorro. Perhaps he could join up with Orpheus and fight alongside him. But more importantly, Orpheus sought out a student- yet finding a perfect candidate would be tough.

(OOC- I know you're on the other team, but an introduction wouldn't hurt anyone.)
    OOC: He's just sitting across the room from you . Its not a really hard "seeking" to perform.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Orpheus will boldly sit at the table with the stranger. "The word around is you're Daigorro, a skilled and deadly warrior." Announces the little man. "Though I'm sure you already knew that, right?" He adds with a smile.

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Orpheus will boldly sit at the table with the stranger. "The word around is you're Daigorro, a skilled and deadly warrior." Announces the little man. "Though I'm sure you already knew that, right?" He adds with a smile.
    I am indeed known as Daigorro. I am a former member of the Kelan mercenary company, and currently I serve the Dark Lady in her crusade against necromancy. How can I help you, my fey friend? As Daigorro introduces himself, he remembers his manners - Duke, the gnome mercenary who taught him how to pick a lock, had been very sensitive about his height issues, and so none of the other Kelans ever brought it up. He assumes it is the same for all gnomes.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-01-08 at 10:59 PM.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I'm gonna be in town for a short while, and I felt I should introduce myself- My name is Orpheus Obsidian, and I'm a master tactician and skilled warrior." He grins. "And, as it so happens, I'm accepting applicants into my band of warriors."

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I'm gonna be in town for a short while, and I felt I should introduce myself- My name is Orpheus Obsidian, and I'm a master tactician and skilled warrior." He grins. "And, as it so happens, I'm accepting applicants into my band of warriors."
    Well met, Master Obsidian. I must regretfully inform you that, for reasons that are my own, I prefer to work alone. As he says this, he glances down momentarily to the piece of shattered wood he holds in his right hand. Though I would certainly like to hear of your travels. What brings you here all the way from the Feywild?
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

"Actually, I do not reside in the wild myself," he states. "My village, the great Village of Re'Tarin, lies on the edge of the worlds." If you know much of the Fey Wild and Eladrin Villages, you'd recognize that as such- otherwise, it's just a name to you. "I'm actually on a trip of Self Mastery, as it is. My city is great, but I just didn't feel that I could realize my true power stuck there."

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground

The priest says, "The only place travelers can stay is called the Black Feather, its strait across from here, do you have any money?"
    Kvarn thanks the priest for the tip, and leaves the temple. He crosses the plaza until At the Black Feather, he shoves the door open hard enough that it hits the wall with a bang and makes the more easily startled patrons jump. Kvarn ignores the other patrons and heads over to the bartender.

So, I hear that for a few measly coins, I can get a meal and a room for the night. That sounds like a fantastic offer to me. Don't worry, I won't damage anything. Also, is there anywhere that I could wash myself? I know I'm dirty and I stink, and I wouldn't want to drive off your other customers. Bahahaha!

After getting his meal, Kvarn walks over to Orpheus and Daigorro and rudely interups them.

Hey, how are you? I'm Kvarn! Isn't this place just fantastic! I swear, I've never been this comfortable!
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Zocelot View Post
    Kvarn thanks the priest for the tip, and leaves the temple. He crosses the plaza until At the Black Feather, he shoves the door open hard enough that it hits the wall with a bang and makes the more easily startled patrons jump. Kvarn ignores the other patrons and heads over to the bartender.

So, I hear that for a few measly coins, I can get a meal and a room for the night. That sounds like a fantastic offer to me. Don't worry, I won't damage anything. Also, is there anywhere that I could wash myself? I know I'm dirty and I stink, and I wouldn't want to drive off your other customers. Bahahaha!

After getting his meal, Kvarn walks over to Orpheus and Daigorro and rudely interups them.

Hey, how are you? I'm Kvarn! Isn't this place just fantastic! I swear, I've never been this comfortable!
    The barkeep blathers a bit, then gets you food and has a room prepared for you.
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

"Actually, I do not reside in the wild myself," he states. "My village, the great Village of Re'Tarin, lies on the edge of the worlds." If you know much of the Fey Wild and Eladrin Villages, you'd recognize that as such- otherwise, it's just a name to you. "I'm actually on a trip of Self Mastery, as it is. My city is great, but I just didn't feel that I could realize my true power stuck there."
    I have never called a city my home. I suppose Wintersteel is the closest thing I have to a permanent residence. I prefer to keep my mind busy, however. Somehow, there's always a necromancer to kill, a zombie to cleave in twain or a unrested spirit to forcefully put to rest. Which, I suppose, is good for business... he sort of trails off, as if lost in thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zocelot View Post

Daigorro shakes his head. Is it just me, or did Wintersteel get significantly crazier in the month I was gone? Lack of communication in the Church, babbling devas conversing with mutes, gawking tiefling women, mysteriously disappearing bar patrons, gnome warriors from the Feywild and now this brutish fellow... thinks Daigorro. He turns to the rude Half-Orc, giving a sidelong glance to his almost finished meal. He had been so close to finishing that, and now it was going to get cold...

Hello, Kvarn. I am Daigorro Kelan, Hunter of the Dark Lady. I assume from your regalia that you are a warrior? responds the assassin politely. His long, dramatic cloak conceals the weapons he bears, so he appears unarmed except for the wooden chopsticks in his left hand and the splintered chunk of wood in his right hand.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-01-08 at 11:42 PM.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #109

MindFlayer

Near Daigorro, the deva and the mute appear on separate tables.
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Orpheus turns to Kvarn. "Hello sir- I am Orpheus Obsidian, master tactician." He's not sure what to say. Then he notes the style of his garb. He's unrefined- a perfect project for a world class maestro of the blade.

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Near Daigorro, the deva and the mute appear on separate tables.
    Perhaps that deva knows what's going on around here. He does bear the symbols of Ioun... Daigorro, with that thought, swallows the last few mouthfuls of his meal. Excuse me a moment, good sirs, he says to the gnome and the half-orc and with that, he vanishes in a cloud of crawling shadows. He reappears across the table from the Deva, the shadows coalescing into the form of the assassin. (Crunch-wise, he used Shadow Leap, an at-will power that lets him teleport from a square next to a creature to a square next to another creature within 3 squares). I could not help but notice your little vanishing act, your Honour, says Daigorro, assuming the Deva is a priest by his robes and prominent Iounian symbols. May I ask what in the Nine Hells is going on around here?
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ha! What a warrior." Orpheus says to Kvarn. "Man, he'd be something to have on your side."

Full Size Image Below
    Spoiler
    Show

Empty Spoiler Below
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

MindFlayer

The tiefling appears in a table next to the deva's table with the dragonborn, who says, "Well then, I must be off to attend a meeting for all us Raven Queen initiates. Have fun warriors." He gets up and begins to leave.
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

24. - Top - End - #114

Don heads over to where the deva, the tiefling, and the assasin are standing. Thinking a little bit, he looks around for a chess set.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception: (1d20+2)[16]
    My Avatar Adoption Center
    (I take personal avatar requests!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a True Neutral Gnome Bard (1st level)

25. - Top - End - #115

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMuffin View Post
    Don heads over to where the deva, the tiefling, and the assasin are standing. Thinking a little bit, he looks around for a chess set.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception: [roll0]
    You see no chess set.
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Marina walks with Orpheus to the assassin. "Greetings, Daigorro, it's nice to meet you. I'm Marina Dragonfly, faithful pawn of Erathis."

When Daigorro says he rather works on his own, Marina smiles and says: "I too rather worked alone once, but you can't face everything alone. Numbers, allies, are all quite useful. Wouldn't you say?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Halfling in the Playground

Tralin does an Arcana study of the room to make sure that the Teleports are stable and thus intended magics. If they are wild or poorly controlled magics, please let me know. Otherwise he seems content to stay in the common room for listening to the busy of conversation around the room.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I could not help but notice your little vanishing act, your Honour, says Daigorro, assuming the Deva is a priest by his robes and prominent Iounian symbols. May I ask what in the Nine Hells is going on around here?

We are not sure our self. He stares through the man as if reading his soul. Touching the symbol of Ioun he gets the sense of a connection but that he will not be one of the ones he needs. I am sorry we can not help you, but I do think the others may need your help. Now if you pardon us.

With his hand still resting on the symbol he looks around the room. Seeing three road weary travelers over by the bar and sensing a strong approval and a resonance with his secret. He gets up and approaches the 2 Gnomes and Half-Orc. Taking note of the arms and Armour worn by the three.

Greetings. Your three would not happen to be a band of adventures seeking employment world you not?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmage View Post
    Greetings. Your three would not happen to be a band of adventures seeking employment world you not?
    Marina turns her head and laughs, "Actually, we are."

30. - Top - End - #120

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by GamerJacob View Post
    Tralin does an Arcana study of the room to make sure that the Teleports are stable and thus intended magics. If they are wild or poorly controlled magics, please let me know. Otherwise he seems content to stay in the common room for listening to the busy of conversation around the room.
    Arcana check: (1d20+9)[20]
    -Wash

Omnia erit bonus.