New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Fire Emblem: Gate of Dragons - Green IC

OOC Thread

Green Team

Laeret
    Morning arises in the temperate capitol of Laeret, Keren. Today is the day of a festival, remembering when the humans drove away the dragons around 100 years ago. The Machdrusian Palace Guards are polishing their white and gold armor, and the priests are preparing for the morning mass. The festival is set to start at noon. The day certainly seems promising.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-01-08 at 06:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Gate of Dragons IC

Raphael is in his room, packing the things he thinks he will need for his little trip. Several changes of robes, his reading and studying books, a decent amount of money, and of course his magic tome and a vulnary. He leaves all the finery the housemaids had laid out for him for today's ceremony - he is to be inducted into the Church of Light this very night, after the mass, when all the new inductees will be lead into the great cathedral for their inductions.

That should be about everything, says Raphael aloud to himself. Now, I just need to find Raymond and meet with that "Breakstone" character, and we can go to meet Typhon at the inn. He casts his magic spell that makes him especially forgettable (OOC: represented mechanically by Shade skill) and conceals his suitcase in his cloak, walking as he often does with hands behind his back. He moves into the halls and goes looking for his co-conspirators.

EDIT: OOC: Shades, you left the Ithelia opener in the OP, instead of the Laeret opener. Minor detail, as I'm sure you and Kas are running around frantically to get everything together. EDIT 2: Ninja'd .
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-01-08 at 06:38 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Gate of Dragons IC

Raymond is out in the streets, dressed in plain clothes. He watches the last minute preparations... the guards running around frantically... He has been awake for a few hours now, watching the people work.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2010-01-08 at 06:21 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Gate of Dragons - Green IC

Typhon wakes with a start. "Today is the day I get to start my journey!" He rushes to the inn's main story, and begins his daily dancing. Due to the festival, there are quite a few people in the inn, more than usual. Some folk, ones unknown to him, jeered at him. Luckily the regulars quickly put a stop to that.

Typhon finishes off and quickly eats breakfast. "He should be here soon!" Typhon taps his fingers on the bar. "I hope he's not delayed."
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-01-09 at 04:23 PM.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

As usual, Karius blends into the shadows of the inn, absentmindedly spinning a knife in his hand. He reads a note, every so often darting his eyes up to check for possible royal intrusion. "Full release, eh? All I have to do is finish the job. Well then." The note disappears into Karius's cloak as he slides from the shadows and into the light, his knife now concealed somewhere on his person.

"Hmph. You win, I suppose. For now."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Raphael, having prepared everything he needs in the castle, proceeds to Anaximanda's room, so he can say goodbye to his little sister. He proceeds through the halls hopefully without incident, as they are bustling with activity and his spell makes him hard to notice.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The streets are already starting to bustle as guests from far and near are walking about. Some as pilgrims, from every nation in the world, are already visiting the numerous temples and cathedrals that dot the city. For most people though, this is a day of celebration! Food stands and carts are already set up, and various honor guards and parade soldiers are preparing, or doing last minute plannings and shoppings before their assignments.
    Most of the year, soldiers carry arms in full display are not permitted within the sanctuary, though there exceptions...such as when nobles and royals visit for important negotiations and affairs.

Raymond does note that, as the general sort of assembly requires, the soldiers representing different nations have been housed in different quarters. A smart move, knowing that there may be bad blood between them from some quarrel in the past. Despite the relatively peaceful years since the ending of the Dragon War, there have been periods of tensions and grumblings between the nations. This quarter is the display of Machdrusian military prestige, and it is quite a sight, with white and silver polished armor gleaming in the sun. Some of the soldiers look as if they have had a good last evening, and a difficult morning rise.

The inn is quickly emptying out, as various travelers awake from slumber and head out into the city to see the affairs, yet the person both Karius and Typhon are waiting on has yet to arrive. Still, it's early enough to warrant him having perhaps slept in a little late. Or some more plausible excuse on such an important day.
    Typhon gets served breakfast from the inn's cook, who disappears back behind the counter to the kitchen. The fresh smell of the meal may be quite appealing to Karius as well...

Meanwhile, Raphael manages quickly through the halls and seems to make it through to his younger sister's room. All of the maids and servants are busy in final preparations...though they will likely notice his absence from his room soon once they come to call him down.

As he knocks on Anaximanda's door, his younger sister opens it quickly, as if she had been pacing about the room with the door near at hand. She is dressed of course, in the white robes of the church priestesses. Though certainly not of age yet to be such, unlike her older brother she does obey her family's wishes. If he had put on the clothing brought to his room earlier, he'd probably be wearing something similar...

Anaximanda: "Ah...Raphael! Hurry and come in before someone sees you!"
    She tugs on your arm to pull you inside and closes the door quickly. There is great amount of concern in her eyes as she gives you a look over before meeting your gaze.
    "You're sure you packed everything? You didn't forget your books, o-or your clothes..."
    She pauses and looks down for a second.
    "Brother...you're sure you have to leave?"
    She asks one last time, the faintest glimmer of hope in her eyes that she can pursuade Raphael to stay...
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-01-10 at 04:36 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Raymond thinks for a second trying to figure out the time... He woke up a little before dawn and its been several hours since then... but its not noon yet, the sun wasn't right...

"Dammit... My head hurts..." he mutters to himself...

After a minute or so of thinking, he decides that Raphael is probably awake by now. Even if he isn't, he needs to be. Raymond hurries off to get his armor and lance.

(At an appropriate time, just acknowledge it when (you're ready for/you want) him to come in)

Raymond pounds on the door as hard as he can.

"HEY!!! You got a minute to dress yourself before I break the door!"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    As he knocks on Anaximanda's door, his younger sister opens it quickly, as if she had been pacing about the room with the door near at hand. She is dressed of course, in the white robes of the church priestesses. Though certainly not of age yet to be such, unlike her older brother she does obey her family's wishes. If he had put on the clothing brought to his room earlier, he'd probably be wearing something similar...

Anaximanda: "Ah...Raphael! Hurry and come in before someone sees you!"
    She tugs on your arm to pull you inside and closes the door quickly. There is great amount of concern in her eyes as she gives you a look over before meeting your gaze.
    "You're sure you packed everything? You didn't forget your books, o-or your clothes..."
    She pauses and looks down for a second.
    "Brother...you're sure you have to leave?"
    She asks one last time, the faintest glimmer of hope in her eyes that she can pursuade Raphael to stay...

Don't worry, Anax, I have everything. I double and triple checked it all this morning. When she asks him if he's sure he has to leave, he smiles. Don't think of it as leaving, Anax... think of it as me going on vacation. A vacation where I'll figure out some things, see the world around us and study my musty old books. I'll get fresh air, some exercise, and before you know it, I'll be back! It'll be like I never left. I promise. He smiles for effect, and then gives her a hug. In a more serious tone, he grabs his litle sister by the shoulders and squeezes them a bit as he kneels down to make eye contact. Remember, don't tell father you knew I was going, or he'll get furious with you. Its not fair for him to get mad at you, so don't so much as hint you knew I was leaving, okay?
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-01-10 at 02:06 PM.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Karius slides next to Typhon, dropping some coin on the table. "Whatever that will buy, please." Though his voice is dull, it lacks no polite air. Turning to the man beside him, Karius speaks slightly. "How is it?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Anaximanda looks a little less worried, though there still is some nervousness on her face. She hugs Raphael back in a tight embrace and tries to put on a brave smile as Raphael knelt and made eye contact with her.
    Anaximanda: "Okay... I'll..I'll see you again soon." She nodded, and then hesitantly pulled off the necklace she wore around her neck and put it in his hands.
    "Take this...for good luck. And to remember us. I'll...ah. I'll miss you big brother."
    She lowered her head, and then, with a sudden surge of energy and conviction, she turned, opened the door and looked back and forth to see if the hall is clear. She turned back to Raphael and nodded seriously.
    "Go..it's clear. Be safe brother."

[Raphael Received Anax's Necklace!]

(ooc: once Raphael leaves, he's free to bump into Raymond before the two exit the manor. [Anax's Necklace] doesn't take up inventory space )

The inn's cook nods and preps up another hearty breakfast and deposits it soon in front of Karius with a smile. "Enjoy. You folks have a good time at the festivities today. Happy Armistance Day!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Anaximanda looks a little less worried, though there still is some nervousness on her face. She hugs Raphael back in a tight embrace and tries to put on a brave smile as Raphael knelt and made eye contact with her.
    Anaximanda: "Okay... I'll..I'll see you again soon." She nodded, and then hesitantly pulled off the necklace she wore around her neck and put it in his hands.
    "Take this...for good luck. And to remember us. I'll...ah. I'll miss you big brother."
    She lowered her head, and then, with a sudden surge of energy and conviction, she turned, opened the door and looked back and forth to see if the hall is clear. She turned back to Raphael and nodded seriously.
    "Go..it's clear. Be safe brother."

[Raphael Received Anax's Necklace!]

(ooc: once Raphael leaves, he's free to bump into Raymond before the two exit the manor. [Anax's Necklace] doesn't take up inventory space )

I'll be back, Anax. I promise. With that, Raphael gives her one last hug and heads out into the hallway. He happens to run back past his room, and sees Raymond there knocking on the door. He laughs.

Raymond! If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, this is a delicate operation! Requiring a little thing called "Stealth", he greets his friend in hushed tones. I was just saying goodbye to Anax. Lets get out of here before the maids come looking, and meet up with Typhon and Mr. Breakstone at the inn.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"If I could count on you to be awake and dressed at a predictable time each day, I wouldn't have to pound on your door."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    "If I could count on you to be awake and dressed at a predictable time each day, I wouldn't have to pound on your door."

Ahahahahaha, I suppose that is true, replies Raphael, as they begin swiftly walking down the halls to a side door that is unpatrolled. My apologies. I was up late, thinking about... everything. Its kinda a big deal, you know?
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-01-11 at 10:33 PM.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

(You dont need to quote every time)

Raymond follows.

"If you say so..."

He pauses for a second.

"Is it really necessary to work with a common thief for this? Even if we do need that... particular... kind of skill, theres surely someone we could find without a criminal past..."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Well, how many people are there with that skill set who do not have a criminal past? This Mr. Breakstone comes highly recommended from one of the merchants from whom I buy my books. He's one of the best, supposedly. I've no doubt that if he causes any trouble, your lance will be quick to put a stop to it, my stalwart friend. They get out the door and into the streets. ((Unless Kasanip has something happen before they leave the Cathedral/Castle, whichever works.))
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose... just know that I'm not comfortable with it."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Your concern, as always, Raymond, is duly noted. You have a very good way of reading people. When we have a chance later today, after we've met him, I'll be sure to ask you for your educated opinion on his character. Until then, there's nothing we can do but get ourselves to that inn without being seen!
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-01-11 at 11:01 PM.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Raphael and Raymond step out onto the streets, now bustling with excited people. Music drifts through the air already, and the calls of merchants hawking goods and souvenirs provides plenty of noise. There are many soldiers in polished gear still wandering about, some more boisterous than others. But still, the atmosphere is jovial, and no one pays any attention to the pair as they are lost in the crowds.

Soon they reach the meeting spot - the Inn/tavern where their contact is supposed to meet them, along with Typhon.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Typhon looks to Karius, and speaks cheerfully. "It's great! This inn always has the best food." He nods to the cook. "I have a feeling today will be a good one." He quickly finishes off his meal, remembering who he is waiting for.
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-01-12 at 12:12 PM.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Raphael and Raymond enter the inn, I suppose.

Raphael, at least, walks up to the bar, wearing inconspicuous brown robes over he's usual vibrant blues. The only obvious thing on his person is Anax's necklace around his neck. Morning Typhon. So sorry we're late, though its completely my own fault. Up late thinking things over, and before you know it I slept in! We're here now, though, so I suppose we should find Mr. Breakstone and depart soon. Having never actually met Karius face-to-face, Raphael does not realize the thief is already sitting next to Typhon.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Typhon does not know his breakfast companion either. Sounds good, what do you think Mr. Breakstone would be wearing? Perhaps we can spot out the most likely candidate? Typhon appears to be excited, and ready to go.
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-01-12 at 06:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Karius turns to notice the appearance of Raphael and slides from his stool to a standing position. "So you are the one who hired me, then? Here." He hands over a note, in rather official writing, that details the terms of Karius's employment to Raphael. Pulling his hood down, Karius reveals his face to the others.

"You may wish to be a bit more careful. The man over there looks like he is trying to score a few gold pieces off of your purse." Karius motions to a nearby corner, slipping his knife into his blade hand. "This is not the safest place to spend your time. Perhaps we should be departing soon? My services are much less useful in an inn."

Finished with his introduction, Karius takes his meal from the table and finishes it in short order.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

What a beautiful coincidence! Very well then, let's get out of here, says Raphael, reviewing the ID papers. Well, you seem to check out. You are indeed the Karius Breakstone I hired, he adds, in more hushed tones, as he stands up to lead the way out of the inn. We should really get going. I trust you all have your things?
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-01-13 at 04:37 PM.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Typhon nodds. "I travel light, with only the clothes on my back." He follows Raphael out the door
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-01-12 at 11:33 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Karius nods in agreement and proceeds out the door behind his comrades. "Nothing needed except that which I'm already carrying." Turning to the innkeeper, Karius tosses a coin to him before departing.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Raymond follows behind, less than satisfied with the situation but not commenting.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

As the assembled group exit the inn, they make their way out into the busy streets. It's well and crowded now, but the sight is not at all what they might have expected. There appears to be some terrible commotion, as screams break out and there is the distinct sound of clashing steel. One of the honor guard of Laeret, still draped in the shining white and silver, collapses on the street, dying it crimson.
    Standing over him is one of the soldiers of Machdrus Raymond had seen before - one of the belligerent drunks.
    But even as the initial shock starts to set in, the other Machdrus soldiers, with weapons drawn, start brawling with the Laeret guards.
    The civilians around start to scream and push to get away as the confusion mounts. Cries of "Attack!" Resound, but what could be the purpose? What was the goal? What was going on?

The square is emptying quickly, though there are a few people who get knocked down or injured in the struggles... One of them, Raphael can see with horror, is his little sister - who had problem just left to go to the temple to help with the preparations...

(ooc: the first map will begin on friday... you have a little bit of time to finish up deciding how to react which may influence some things on the map~)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"Dammit! Of all the times - "

Raymond rushes into the fray before anyone can stop him. He skewers a soldiers who was about to finish off one of the guards. Raymond helps the guard back to his feet and rejoins the battle.

(Lets say Raymond hasn't noticed any particular people of importance yet and is just trying to help the guards get control of the situation)
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2010-01-13 at 12:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Typhon begins to panic. "Whats happening! Why are people killing each other?" He looks to Raphael. "What should we do?"
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-01-13 at 02:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show