New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Playing god

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Playing god

Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfLife View Post
    So should we roll for Selena's deity points and just let her save them for the round?
    I guess.
    (2d6+1)[8]
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

" We are all aware of the weapons forged and so forth there is peace. But if I recall have not other civilizations fallen to nothing because of weapons? While only in self defense one day one shall strike and war shall begin." Taina looks unhappily and the weapons.

Awesome Avatar by none other then Ceoclaneth!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

"I am the goddess of nature,water,luck, and growth. But as you see my people know not to fear me. I believe that if a creation if any should have a choice between Taina or another. I would be satisfied if they left with their decision. But I warn you if my people would be used to destroy thou creations I would summon the mightiest firestorms to destroy their lands! My people have the right to leave me not destroy. If they will be corrupted I would be furious. Without death you can not have life, and without chaos how can their be law? But to much of everything I warn will cause our fall. I fear how many causalities chaos shall cause not death. " Taina smiles then scowls as she mentions the last part.

OOC: SIMPLE MESSAGE DON'T DARE! OR ELSE.
    Last edited by Dragon queen; 2010-01-23 at 08:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: Who exactly are you referring to?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Anybody who is out to kill Taina. That includes mortals if you are wondering.
    "I do not think of you as an enemy Thalix."
    Last edited by Dragon queen; 2010-01-23 at 06:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Turn 4 write-up coming soon.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: ....GOOD MORNING FOLKS! When are we going to start round 4? Sorry for my impatience but I am just wondering....

8. - Top - End - #128

OOC: Yup, waiting here too.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: My apologies, map will be up by 5.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Round 4
    Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tsukar is terrified by Jormung's demand, and stops practicing necromancy, he does not destroy his notes however,instead, he compiles them all together, locks them in a vault, and keeps the key secure, tied to the key is a note that says:
    "To the next Grand Mage,
    This key opens the vault hidden in this study, within the vault are dark secrets, dark secrets that should only be rediscovered in our darkest hours. You should find them most interesting in that hour.
    -Tsukar, the first Grand Mage."
    The Panmund are created, they create two main bases for themselves, Paklok and Lokpak. The Panmund tell the Tsuanu about all the other races in the world, and the Tsuanu then accelerate production of armies and the research of offensive magic. The deep ones feel uneasy about the Panmund though, and begin raising armies, just in case.

The sorrows are created, and they quickly scatter amongst the corners of the earth. The Sea-sung, wandering the northern seas, are made. The Watchers become a way that Thalex's creations unite into an alliance called the Treelord's servants.

The Koko-Kam create two cities, Koko and Kam. The Hyan create a small camp in the middle of their land for all people of the island to learn arcane magic.

The Huraa'Si's craftsmen begin making many weapons, the mystic theruges also begin an experiment, every time Kinamae grants them their spells they place some of the divine power into a staff prepared for such a thing. They plan on using that power to empower champions of Kinamae with Kinamae's divine magic. One of the mystic theruges has a vision about a land to the east, and goes with some soldiers on a boat to find that eastern land.

Selena does nothing, just conserving her power.

REMAINING DEITY POINTS FOR EACH:
    Kinamae: 12 points
    Jormung: 13 points
    Thalex: 0 points
    Tania: 3 points
    Selena: 8 points
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2010-01-25 at 03:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Deity points:

(2d6+2)[6]

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

" Hurra'si let me tell you of something, you serve Kinamae but if you dare pillage my towns or the other inhabitants of the island you will wish you were never alive in the first place. You shall be reminded if you pillage the island or seas you shall also regret it. You can only take from the island if it is life or death. If you do not and lie to me you will wish you never stepped foot on the island. She scowls at the ship.

OCC DM: You all must be wondering how Taina is not drowning mercilessly. She is a goddess of water first of all and second of all she can swim.

ACTION: I shall make a dragon. A single guardian. Who is awesome. I am talking 7 points here. Give people magic weapons. %8 of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Tenalas

Tenalas is a dragon who has white white scales and deep lemon eyes. She is the only one of her kind but every 40 years she has the chance to lay a single egg. Though she does not care for it but hides it in a spot where it is hard to find. It takes 400 years for the egg to hatch. A adult lives 500 years. Tenalas is just the name of the only dragon at the moment. If another is born then they will be named by the Hyan or the Koko-kam. Tenalas is extremely strong and wise. She destroys all evil and despises it. If she was to be raised by an evil race she would try to escape and go to the Hyan or Koko-kam. If raised under-water they will be blue if they are raised with the Hyan they shall look like Tenalas. Most do not grow to meet their parents. She is a Goldarian dragon. She does not have to mate to give birth but gives birth very rarely. She has sworn an oath to Taina and when her hatchings are born they do to. She guards all Taina tells her to.

How many points is this? If I have enough can I give my people magic weapons?

13. - Top - End - #133

Deity Points
    (2d6+6)[13]

Thalex

Thalex looks on the world, so much suspicion, so much mistrust. The world needed more laughter.
    With a gesture of his hand, Thalex creatures the Petals:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Petals
    Appearance: A bright colorful pixie, wearing the petals of a flower for clothing.
    Abilities: Petals are very small creatures who are very playful and friendly. Petals have a unique ability to cause plant life to grow wherever they stop to sing and dance together. This plant life is mostly grasses, flowers, young sapping trees, and a variety of mosses. The Petals live off of these plants and make their homes in them. This allows a Petal to travel for great distances as to create a home for themselves they need only sing and dance. Petals live around the same time as humans, but unlike humans, they are born in a flower bud, that two Petals dance around. Once the bud flowers, the Petal emerges fully grown, and must learn the world around it, making young Petals highly curious.

3 point cost, 1 point for worshipers.

He looks on the Tsuanu and see's great mistrust and uneasy, their strange practices and apparent desire for war troubles Thalex. With a Deep breath be blows out one of his most hardy of people. The Hivemind.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Hiveborn:
    Appearance: A swarm of tiny insects, almost invisible by themselves
    Abilities: Individually stupid, the Hiveborn form swarms in which they share a consciousness and intelligence. While slower than humans in general wisdom and intelligence, they make up for this with their sheer numbers, a lone insect can lay enough eggs to form a swarm of its own, however most of the new hatchlings go to a swarm to replace insects that die. Due to their rapid birth/death cycle Hiveborn are remarkably hard to kill, because even if a single insect escapes, it can regrow its swarm and remember the entire swarms past history. Hiveborn live off of other small insects and weeds, in desperate times they can sustain themselves for a time by eating the minerals in dirt.

3 point cost, 1 point for worshipers.

Then Thalex turns his attentions to Lustavia, these people are also preparing for war. However Thalex feels that by keeping them under his careful eye, they would not turn towards evil. And so, Thalex plants a seed in the ground, creating the Sapient Pearwood aka Wooden ones.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Sapient Pearwood aka Wooden ones
    Appearance: A tree, who's wood seems to have a strange magical quality
    Abilities: The Wooden ones, are intelligent tree's who grow to be hundreds of years old. Wise, but immobile they watch the world around them with a kind of morbid fascination. They speak their own language to each other by slightly directing there leaves in the wind. To most these noises just sound like wind passing through a tree, but to Wooden ones it is a colourful and beautiful language made to express all there is to know about living in one spot and observing all things. Wooden ones reproduce by releasing seeds that travel along the wind. It takes Wooden ones around the same time as a human child to reach adulthood. Wooden ones do not mind being planeted into forests and then cut down for their wood. As a Wooden one remains alive even through this. While the process hurts and prevents a Wooden one from speaking, he can still think and hear, and experence the world around him as he travels through it.

Sapient Pearwood makes very very strong structures and is comparable to most metals in its strength.

Cost 3 plus 1 for worshipers.

Thalex watches the small ship with interest. This is a strange and dangerous undertaking from Lustavia.
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2010-01-25 at 05:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Deity points: (2d6+2)[10]

Go Tigers!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Jormung looks down upon Thervian, surprised when he sees the hivemind. He immediately goes to Thalex.
    What is this race you have spawned near the Tsuanu Thalex? My people do not take kindly to outsiders, and I fear you may have started the first war. Quickly explain yourself, or I will not step in when the hivemind is destroyed.

Go Tigers!

16. - Top - End - #136

Thalex smiles at Jormung, "Fear not Jormung, The hivemind are not a hostile people, every land desires life. However not all life can survive in every land. Thervian is a hostile land, with a hostile people, the hivemind are one of the few races that would be able to thrive in such a place. Do not fear for your people, the hivemind do not require much."

OOC: A war between the hivemind and the Tsuanu would be some what amusing, but I do not think either race would come out looking too good.
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2010-01-25 at 07:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: ....ARE YOU PEOPLE MADMEN OR WHAT?!? STARTING A WAR BECAUSE IT IS AMUSING? STARTING A WAR JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT WANT TO SHARE? WHAT IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE IS GOING ON HERE!?! I for one do not think it is a bad or good action. But since this is not either of there gods ways I am left to become the most open jawed person on the planet.

Taina says "A war?" Taina says this in a shocked voice and stares.

EDIT: OOC: Hello....people of this form we really do not want this on the 4th page so please keep posting.
    Last edited by Dragon queen; 2010-01-25 at 09:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

"My people," Kinamae addresed the Huraa' Si, "It i acceptable that you are exploring this world. But if you instigate any conflicts and do anything to upset life's balance, you WILL feel my wrath and I will make sure you do not die during my curse."

Action: If the Huraa 'Si start any battles that were not a result of someone else attacking them, a curse will be bestowed upon them, in which they cannot eat, drink, sleep, feel, or die.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2010-01-25 at 09:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Taina replies "Thank you kinamae, you have done me a great service today.

EDIT: OOC: Don't you have to roll? Sorry my asking.
    Last edited by Dragon queen; 2010-01-25 at 09:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC: Ooh, thanks for catching that. Figured I had enough points to do this.

Rolling! (2d6+1)[8]

Kinamae smiled. "Think nothing of it. I was a catalyst to these events, and I will make any effort I can to prevent war, or at least delay as long as possible."

21. - Top - End - #141

OOC: Thalex isn't starting any wars, I merely commented that it would be an interesting affair. Thalex won't be too grumpy over any attacks against the Hivemind, but he probably would give them a way to protect themselves if they are assaulted. Frankly Thalex really only cares about populating the planet.

Edit OOC: Out of interest, why is everyone looking to save points? Are people going to make a master race?
    Last edited by WrathOfLife; 2010-01-26 at 05:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfLife View Post

Edit OOC: Out of interest, why is everyone looking to save points? Are people going to make a master race?
    That or they could make fire rain from the heavens, make a new plane, or convert a ton of people, pretty much anything.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

If complete_sin does not post by 6:00 PM, I will roll for her deity points and get on with it.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

I will instruct the Tsuanu to let the hivemind live, but only because I do not wish for a war that would leave two species either obliterated or close to destruction. Please bear in mind the mindset of the other races near where you put your people however. It will keep too many species from being destroyed.

Jormung goes to Tharvian, calling a meeting of the leader of the acadamy, and of the two tribes. I am afraid, my creatures, that there has been a slight change of plans from what I originally intended for you. A new race has risen on this land, called the "hivemind". You are to be courteous to these people, and treat them as you would one of my races. If you do not, there will be sever retribution to all Tsuanu.

OOC: I'm saving points till I come up with something super-awesome to do with them. Until then though, I'll just make a few races every so often.
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2010-01-26 at 05:07 PM.

Go Tigers!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Complete_sin's deity points......
    (2d6+1)[10]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Thank goodness for not starting a war.
    "I am glad their shall be no wars this day.But tomarrow may be a different matter" Taina smiles very happily.
    Last edited by Dragon queen; 2010-01-26 at 05:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Thalex sits and thinks hard about recent events. I do not want war, it doesn't serve my purpose. However it is clear that the races below seem to feel the need to hurt each other. Perhaps some kind of balance is needed. A threat and a reward....

Thalex considers this long and hard.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: I have question Dm, if you want to destroy a god or goddess do you need divine,necromancy, or arcana?

29. - Top - End - #149

OOC: I also have a question, how does one counter an attack such as the one Dragon queen is asking about?

Double OOC: Just covering my own Dragon queen, not going to attack you or suspectting you of attacking me.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: You mean as in mortals killing deitys? The mortal can use any method, but as long as the deity has worshipers, the deity will reincarnate once more.