New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Arena Match I! Drayer (Reynard) vs Not Legolas (Goonthegoof)

damages:
    Spoiler
    Show

Simply add (3d6)[5] to what ever I did.[/roll]
    Last edited by Reynard; 2010-02-09 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok. Was it a melee attack? If so can I see him since he's right next to me?
    Currently moving houses, posting will be sporadic for the next little while.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Kindly direct your attention to a little item in Adventurers Vault 2 called Blade of the Eldritch Knight. Oh, and you're immobilised. Good luck with that.
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goon
    Spoiler
    Show

You take 32 damage, are immobilized, and you cannot tell where he attacked you from, as he used a weapon with reach. You can tell it came from the east through.

Your Turn

5. - Top - End - #125

Ok, I'd kind of yelled out where I was so we could actually fight each other rather than be completely unable to find each other in the dark.

Spoiler
    Show
    As an immediate interrupt to being hit I use Evade the Blow and shift to AH8. As my minor action on my turn I make a perception check to work out where he is ((He's definitely making noise (wingbeats if he's flying because there's no reason he wouldn't be flying at this point) which means I can make a perception check to pinpoint his exact spot. (1d20+20)[25]
    Last edited by Goonthegoof; 2010-02-11 at 06:44 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: I try another perception check. (1d20+20)[27]

Edit: Goddamn low rolls. Does he need to make an active stealth check against active perception rolls or does he use his stealth check from a few rounds ago?

Double edit: My brother was looking over the thread (I use him to check all these kind of threads ) to check for mistakes and he says Reynard was well out of melee range to hit me. I know he's wielding a Blade of the Eldritch Knight Khopesh, so his range is 10' unless there he has more range increasers. I was at AG8 if it helps.
    Last edited by Goonthegoof; 2010-02-11 at 07:43 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Blade of the Eldrich Knight gives him a reach of 25'. So he's within range.

Goon
    Spoiler
    Show

You don't hear anything, nor do you see anything, except for a blade slashing far too close to your face for comfort, before it disappears once more.
    Drayer's been making active stealth checks all this time.

The text of Blade of the Eldritch Knight for you and your brother:
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer's Vault 2 p114
    Mystic runes shimmer along the length of this blade. The weapon enables you to attack a distant enemy.
    Weapon: Heavy Blade
    Enhancement: Attack and Damage rolls
    Critical: +d6 per plus
    Property: When you use a standard action to make a melee attack with this blade, your melee reach increases to 5 for that attack.
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2010-02-11 at 10:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128

/facepalm.

We've been playing 3.5 for too long, read that as 5'
    Last edited by Goonthegoof; 2010-02-11 at 10:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

So, my turn?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

I still have a standard action left. Waiting to see if those perception rolls found you.

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by Goonthegoof View Post
    I still have a standard action left. Waiting to see if those perception rolls found you.
    *Ahem*

Goon
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomuss View Post
    You don't hear anything, nor do you see anything, except for a blade slashing far too close to your face for comfort, before it disappears once more.
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2010-02-12 at 03:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Spoiler
    Show
    In that case I use my standard action to move myself to AF12

I end my turn
    Last edited by Goonthegoof; 2010-02-12 at 08:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooo.... Do I know where he is via passive perception? Or do I need to make an active check?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134

Reynard
    Spoiler
    Show

You hear Not Legolas move to AF12. It appears your attack did not connect.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I charge him with Radiant Rush. (I should end up at the same height he is now, at AE12)

To hit: (d20+21)[33]+1, I forgot the small bonus from charging.

If I miss:
    Spoiler
    Show

Use the re-roll from that potion.
    To hit: (d20+21)[24]+1

If hit, on either roll:
    Damage: (2d7+13)[26]
    And I shove him to AH12, which is off of the walkway. He's now Dazed.
    Last edited by Reynard; 2010-02-15 at 02:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

Reynard
    Spoiler
    Show

Shouldn't you get two rolls to attack Not Legolas anyway, as your Oath of Emnity target? His animal companion is not adjacent.
    I presume you end your turn?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah yes. And yes, I do end my turn.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

Goon
    Spoiler
    Show

A blade flashes out at you from the darkness but your razor sharp reflexes allow you to nimbly dodge out of the way. You see the winged elderly elf hovering next to you in AE12.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goonthegoof View Post
    Ok, I'd kind of yelled out where I was so we could actually fight each other rather than be completely unable to find each other in the dark.

Spoiler
    Show
    As an immediate interrupt to being hit I use Evade the Blow and shift to AH8. As my minor action on my turn I make a perception check to work out where he is ((He's definitely making noise (wingbeats if he's flying because there's no reason he wouldn't be flying at this point) which means I can make a perception check to pinpoint his exact spot. [roll0]
    Sorry in advance for interrupting, just wanted to say this is a great thread, I really thought the avenger had no chance after the first round, and still think only the amazingly difficult terrain is preventing the ranger from dominating again (the double attacks sort of break the game and this example really highlights that, but that's food for another thread. ) but... I don't think evade the blow actually works vs a reach 5 weapon. It doesn't actually state the attack misses, just that you are able to move a square away which in 95% of all melee attacks would mean the attack was invalidated but a reach 5 weapon might still be able to reach you. In this case AC11 to AG8 is range 4 so no matter where the ranger shifted he's still inside the reach and should have been hit and immobilized.
    Cleaning up worlds one ogre at a time.

send me a PM if you're interested in participating in a mini epic level adventure here in an effort to determine how challenging 4e remains at epic levels: 4e level 22 experiment We're sort of full but in order to make this work we need active posters so I'm going to try and get a few extra potential players.

20. - Top - End - #140

Juk
    Spoiler
    Show

I would agree but for one thing. He cannot see to adjust his aim. In this case he was attacking a square. It's one of the oddities of 4e, he's not attacking the ranger per se, rather the square he was in. However, maybe I should have given an opportunity to guess where the ranger shifted to because of the power being used. I might put it to them shortly.
    Last edited by Anonomuss; 2010-02-19 at 03:15 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

He'll probably have some kind of threatened reach, so probably no use shifting, but I'll give it a try anyway. For my minor action I mark him as my quarry and
    Spoiler
    Show
    shift 5 feet to AG11 as a move action, and during that move action move my raptor to AE11 to whatever height my enemy is at. As my standard action I move to Y9 with my Attacks on the Run power, going via AG10 and AF9 to make sure I don't pass directly adjacent to him. Once I reach Y9 I unleash both attacks against him at AE12.

(1d20+23)[28] vs AC (3d12+22)[43] damage
    (1d20+23)[36] vs AC [Roll3d12+22[/Roll] damage
    If either hits, deal 10 ongoing damage (save ends)
    If either hits, deal (2d8)[12] damage from Hunter's Quarry.
    If either misses, I declare my raptor the recipient of my Hunting Party stance benefit.
    If either hits, I gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against my target.
    I gain a +2 bonus to reflex and ac until the end of my next turn, giving me
    Spoiler
    Show
    33 AC and 32 reflex(+2 to both if either attack hits)

If one attack hits I don't move him, if two attacks hit I move him to AI 16.

I end my turn.
    Last edited by Goonthegoof; 2010-02-19 at 08:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #142

(3d12+22)[50] is my second damage.

Also: If he got hit he takes a penalty of 2 to all his attacks against me.
    Last edited by Goonthegoof; 2010-02-19 at 08:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

((Sorry for the delay))

Reynard
    Spoiler
    Show

An arrow comes out of the dark, and takes Drayer in the shoulder.
    His opponent moves to AE12 making no effort to mask their movements.

He takes 62 damage, and 10 ongoing damage (Save Ends).

Goon
    Spoiler
    Show

You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses as mentioned in your post.

24. - Top - End - #144

By the way I'm at AE12

25. - Top - End - #145

((I think at this point it's fair to say if Reynard doesn't reply by Friday he's forfitted.))

26. - Top - End - #146

Works for me.

27. - Top - End - #147

Not Legolas' attack strikes Drayer with such force, that his will to fight leaves him entirely. "Curse you, foul shadow of reknowned literary Elf creation, nothing is worth this pain!" he cries, and his form is outlined by a flash of light, as the arena caretakers finally ignite the stadium's floodlights. When the imprint of the light has disappeared from the audiences' vision, Drayer is nowhere to be seen. Not Legolas saw him merely dissapear into the light itself, before being seemingly being blown away by a passing breeze.

"And there you have it folks, Not Legolas is our winner! Congratulations contestant, enjoy your rest. You've earned it!"

RESULT: Not Legolas wins by 2 games to 0, by default.