New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The plauge of Eyerilade Group 2: Rebirth

The news of the fortress, which had once been held in esteem against even the armies of the entire eastern province had been wiped out in a single night, came the very next day from a Hawk that died almost as soon as it delievered the message.

The city was dim, the citizens boarded their homes, and shop keeps got up, and abandoned this city near the midlands for, safer, more eastern bazzars. The Tavern had grown silent, and sullen the only remaining patrons being those who could not leave... and yourselves for whatever reason you may have. You have chosen to stay in this town regardless of the encroaching armies of these fallen gods.

However, it seems you aren't the only one with any guts left in this town, a Raptoran woman, her left arm no more then a stump, all but kicked in the door, a cocky grin on her face, and a fire of determination in her eyes as she yelled.

"OKAY! You all know that there's been no communication from the west have been all but nill for the past few weeks, and that no one has been able to get ANYTHING out of there other then some rather troubling reports. So, I, and the rest of the military are looking for a small task force, and blanketing the neighborhood as we speak for people who might fit the description we need. Any body who thinks they have the balls in here. Shut up, sober up, and get your ass to what used to be The Bazaar."

She repeats this at each home, inn, tavern, and such location in the city. For a Trope Subversion you may come from anywhere in the city so long as you answer the call.

But for now, she stands there expectantly, eyeing each of you critically with her hawk like features. Some of the drunks who are more I AM A MAN! types, all but bolt from the Tavern, and into the Bazaar, others... merely order a second drink, and a room to rock them to sleep.

What each of your responses, or lack there of, may be. Is up to you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The plauge of Eyerilade Group 2: Rebirth

Ravork Ragestorm

Sitting quietly in a corner of one of the rougher inns Ravork listens with interest to the Raptoran. Her words ring in his heart, or they would were his heart not quiet with the echos of sorrows now years old. For Ravork had lost everything of importance to him, with nothing left to lose but his life, the prospect of facing hoards of monsters, who could level the strongest fortress in the province in a single night, sounded like an interesting way to pass the time.

Slowly rising to his feet, Ravorks moves over to face the Raptoran, moving until he was just a touch too close for comfort. "What's in it for me?" He says in a soft snarl.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

The Raptoran woman looks around accostingly at someone who would have taken such a tone with a lady who had so graciously offered them the chance to become heroes! The sheer nerve of it all! When she noticed it was the rather impressively built water orc that towered over most, her accosting glare turned to a sly grin as she said.

"Anything you want, barring anything truly ridiculous, up to and including a potential duke ship in which you'll own this rat hole of a town, and be given full authority to rule it as your own. Pretty sweet eh'? Well it's not. The work that we've got here will make any man in here crap his pants, and run home squeeling to his mother of the horrors that you will encounter on these missions. So for those of you without COURAGE, and STRENGTH, enough to stand up to anything. I suggest you order a room, because you sure as hell aren't going anywhere!"

Her tone bears that of a challenge, that of someone testing the limits of this social envrionment for those of you more diplomatically inclined, but to others it just seems like she's trying to weed out the weak, from those with COURAGE!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, since Kelfiirians are genderless, Xisifer doesn't technically have the balls for it, rofl.

Xisifer Teldarion

Off in one corner of the tavern, a cloaked figure sits hunched in a dark booth seat, a deep hood pulled over its head and face. A red-scaled, three-fingered hand rests idly on the tabletop, its fingertips dipped into a small bowl with ale in it. A longbow of absolutely gigantic proportions is leaning against the wall by the booth, nearly 7 feet tall.

The figure turns its head slightly, seeming to stare at the Raptoran woman in the doorway. As it does so, the light pierces its hood at the same moment that a pair of reptilian, slit-pupiled, glowing emerald eyes flare out of the blackness.

Spoiler
    Show

The strange, alien extraplanar being known as Xisifer Teldarion sits back in the booth again, letting shadows recloak its identity. Interesting... it muses to itself. An exploration task force...? Sounds to be right down my road. I might as well stop over there on my way and see what happens...Who knows? Maybe it will take me to where I need to go. Best to be discreet about it, though.

A small golden ring on its hand flares, and suddenly the alien hand shifts, warps, and transforms into a perfectly normal human hand. The figure stands up from the booth, picks up its longbow, and a somberly-dressed human walks towards the Raptoran and Ravorks. The human stops a few feet away and leans on its bow like a walking staff, watching and listening to the two of them.

5. - Top - End - #5

Ravork Ragestorm

Ravork stares at the woman for a long moment, not a challenging stare by any measure but one of heavy thinking... for an orc that is.

Suddenly Ravork turns around and walks back to his corner and strolls back carrying a wicked looking spear, with dried blood flaking along its tip.

He moves towards the Raptoran with such a determined stride that he appears he's about to walk right over her. At the last minute he steps to the side so that his shoulder is touching her's with him facing towards the outside and her facing inwards. "I've lead before, I don't care for it. I will go, but my reward will be fitting." His eyes slowly move from the door way to met the woman's "And drop the bravado, you're scaring the humans."

With that he strolls out past her, heading to the Bazaar.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ovain Distara

Ovain heard the Raptoran woman's speech as he sampled a fine breakfast in one of the inns of the city. He didn't really need to eat, or even use an inn's facilities in order to house himself, but he preferred the comfort of an inn to the featureless extraplanar spaces he usually slept in when he traveled. Ovain didn't react to the woman's speech at first. He reasoned that she had several more stops to make, based on where they were in the city. He wanted to finish his breakfast before doing anything else, as he guessed it would be his last very good meal for a while.

When he finished, Ovain silently placed the cost of his bill on the table and picked up his two staffs, placing them securely behind his back. Sedately, he got his steed out of the stable, and walked to the remains of the Bazaar to see what exactly the woman had meant.

Spoiler
    Show

Current Buffs, All Extended and Cast the Night Before he went to sleep

Greater Mage Armor - +6 Armor to AC
    Create Magic Tattoo - +1 Spellcaster Level
    Create Magic Tatoo - +2 Attack
    Create Magic Tatoo - +1 Attack
    Heart of Earth
    Anticipate Teleportation
    Elemental Body
    Phantom Steed (Stabled Outside)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Aerin Rhole

Aerin heard the raptoran woman's challenge even as he landed to ask where to go.

He shook his head. "Balls indeed." With that, he zipped away toward the old bazaar at what would be a full charge to most humans, turning on a dime when he needed to.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

A man sits at the center of the room, looking quite out of place in the dingy tavern: he wears a fine coat, replete with cane and top hat. He has fine black hair and eerie blue eyes, very well groomed, and seemingly no kind of combatant, being tall and lean but not very muscular, with fair skin and complexion. Throughout the night he says little and drink less.
    However, when the raptoran woman bursts into the tavern, he regards her with amusement on his face, and gets up with his cane. "You've certainly made your point, as to the difficulty of this mission. While I make no great claims to my bravery- indeed, I'm rather attached to my corporeal form- I've enjoyed this city, and I'd rather not let it go to waste. Besides, this might be fun."
    He heads out to the bazaar, much like the others.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

9. - Top - End - #9

OOC: Who are we waiting on?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

You all arrive at the bazaar in your own fashion, and through your own methods that may, or may not be entirely non magical depending on how you want to do it.

Be your entrance grand or humble though. A man will come to inspect your equipment, and armor upon arrival, not noting anything other then craftsmenship and weather or not it's enchanted... Those without enchanted weaponry, or some sort of magic to them, are pushed out immediately.

This leaves very few people, very few people being. Yourselves, a Knight Errant with sandy blond hair that seems to have sculpted himself into the "Knight in shining armor" image, and a rather well built elf that seems to have lost all concept as to what a shirt is.

You also see the Raptoran woman again, but she seems to be taking a back seat to a unkempt man who seems to have not gotten much sleep in many weeks, but who speaks with much determination in his voice.

"I'm sure you all know why your here. The former gods of the Elves, the Halflings, the Orcs, and a few other minor dieties have betrayed their people, and their former worshippers, and have wiped out the western province in a surprise attack that hit many fronts at the same time in such a way that the armies were isolated from each other."

He gestures to the Raptoran woman who hands everyone a small scroll container with a colored ribbon on it.

"Each of these tubes contains a map leading to a location in the mid lands. These locations are locations of power related to the reborn gods. It will be your task, and why the hell I got up off my ass to drag you here, to destroy or somehow desecrate these locations enough that the gods... When they inevitably cross the vast gulf of the unsettled midlands... from attaining their power."

She then gestures to the man again, who continues.

"Each of you has a colored ribbon that will assign you to a team.. Those of you with the same color ribbon will be heading to the locations indicated on those maps... What order you go to them in, and how you handle it is up to you. All that we care about is that you get it done."

(Note you don't actually have to do any of this! This is one faction among many's view on the situation. =p )

You may converse, and do things now, as he walks away to talk with Ms.Raptoran.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Xisifer, disguised as a somberly-dressed human, sits quietly and listens. Not wanting to draw attention to itself by asking questions, the alien is simply silent and watches the rest of the gathering, measuring them thoughtfully.

12. - Top - End - #12

Ravork Ragestorm

Looking down at his scroll, Ravork scowls, he wasn't sure he liked the idea of having to work with some one else, but the idea of destroying a temple did appeal to Ravorks inner orc.

Lifting his scroll into the air, to show the colour, Ravork snarls "Who among you, is working with me?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Sighing at the snarling man Ovain simply lifts his scroll case in one hand, showing the matching colors. "It seems that I am. Do not make me regret this." Letting the hand with the scroll case down, Ovain covers his mouth as he stiffles a yawn. Or I might just want to rip you to shreds. Yes, that would be pleasant; though I probably won't get enough justification to do so, a shame...

14. - Top - End - #14

Ravork Ragestorm

Ravork looks Ovain up and down, not feeling overtly impressed by what he sees.

"Very well, I should like to complete this mission quickly, how soon can you be ready to leave?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The somber human quietly lifts his scroll into the air as well. It, too, bears the same color as Ovian's and Ravork's.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Are we to assume each PC has the same colored ribbon?

17. - Top - End - #17

OOC: Roll call, who is still here?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show

I am here.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: Here!)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Still here.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Still here, waiting on that reply from Fan...
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

22. - Top - End - #22

I believe to my great horror that this game has died. *sighs* didn't even make it to the first combat.