New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31

Default Re: ToS Olo vs Phoenix

I am immune to ability damage, and stunning.

If the power/spell is one that can be affected by spell turning, it is. Please inform me the level of the power, so that I can deduct it from my Spell turning levels remaining.

If the power/spell is one that can be affected by spell resistance, please roll vs that now.

2. - Top - End - #32

Also, did your flight means go away in that disjunction? If so, You'll be in P10 on the ground, taking falling damage as normal.

Following that, my turn:

Look after resolving the above:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OO:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Schism: Begin full round Cast (DMM Still/Rod Silent summon elemental monolith)

Manifest (Psicraft DC 21):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dispelling Buffer

Then Move to X8. Done, though I reserve the right to interrupt.

If any manifesting or casting occurs within 60 feet of me, I am automatically entitled a spellcraft check to identify it (Ring of Spell Battle).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

First, did the area dispel do anything?

Second, (3d6)[16]

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Olo Demonsbane View Post
    First, did the area dispel do anything?

Second, [roll0]
    That was kept? Ah, wasn't sure since the turn had to be redone. A check that gets to CL16 (check of 27) has now been applied. No visible effect.
    OO:
    Spoiler
    Show
    highest cl is above 16 for dispel, no effect
    Last edited by PhoenixRivers; 2010-02-01 at 10:20 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Phoenix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you mean lowest CL? Because it'll keep going to lower CL effects until it dispels one or fails on all of them.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    Phoenix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you mean lowest CL? Because it'll keep going to lower CL effects until it dispels one or fails on all of them.
    @Claudius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still no visible effect. Favor of the Martyr (contingent) is the only spell that meets the requirements, so it is dispelled.

I'm having trouble figuring out how my opponent could dispel with the status effects I dropped on him. Disjunction wiped out every possible long term magic action granter (synchronicity, schism, etc) and Death Urge has him obligated to expend his entire full round action. Could you verify his actions as they stand are legal, since the disjunction? He missed synchronicity, I just wanna make sure everything's on the up and up for both sides.

Sorry for the delay. I was recently hospitalized.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Phoenix:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Olo did whack himself on his turn, with what I assume is a quarterstaff. The dispel does still happen, as far as I can tell.

Olo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shouldn't you have lost your Schism in the Disjunction? Or did you somehow get a new one? If it was lost, you could not have manifested Ego Whip. If it was somehow active when you got hit with Death Urge, you get a second save against it, as noted in the description of Schism.

8. - Top - End - #38

@Claudius:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fair enough, I'll defer to your decision on that. Now to figure out how he's doing it.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually:

Olo:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another question: how can your Psicrystal cast Dispel Magic? If it's something that can be lost to Disjunction, then it is.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Eh...Claudius, you've made some convincing arguments.

I surrender. Disjunction is simply too powerful.

11. - Top - End - #41

That's probably something you should consider, how to bounce back from a Disjunction. I know of several characters who have a scroll or two for emergencies.

I mean, this guy has all of 14 or so HP, and abysmal saves (well, will save is solid, at +22. Between fort and reflex, though? The higher of the two is +1.). I rely solely on immunities and action economy to stay alive.

My typical kill pattern I came up with is as I pulled on you. MDJ followed by Death Urge. The follow up, to clinch damage, is summoning an elemental monolith.

Still looking for more cost effective ways to boost CL to resist dispels, but the feats for the build are extremely tight, and the Magic Items are a pain to work around.