Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Seven Provinces

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Seven Provinces

recap>>
    Spoiler
    Show
    You awake, In the early morning sunlight you feel a slight chill in the breeze, As you raise two items fall to the ground from your bedding, a small pouch and next to it a small white marble disc no larger than a gold coin.
    You feel compelled to pick up the small disc looking at it for a split second perhaps you glimpsed a symbol of a wolf but as you look closer it seems to be smooth and unmarked. Although it is curiously warm and You have a strange sense of purpose within yourself , an overwhelming urge to head north .Looking down you notice the pouch on the floor.

Impulse drives you on as you follow the urgings of the strange marble disc you head to the north east into the province of Partiso , your journey is largely uneventful however from time to time in the distance you think you catch a glimpse of a large white wolf . Although such creatures are not native to this part of the world .
    As you journey ever northwards the land becomes boggy and mishappen trees sprout from low pools , the weather becomes overcast and harsh winds blow through the low trees and thick rain pelts your head in bouts reducing visibility in the gloomy swamplands .All in all the journey has become quite miserable only the insistent tug from the disc keeps you moving . The more observant of you from time to time spot large paw prints in the muddier areas .
    Eventually you arrive at a raised clearing in the swamp and suddenly you feel the stange tugging feeling you have had since first picking up the disc disapear.

Spoiler
    Show
    ok so as I said this one is a bit assumptive of your actions . But from now on you are free to post and act as you wish . As regards to arrival time you will all likely arrive at similiar times . Your first post should be you arriving at the clearing . If you are the first to post you are the first to arrive etc . In your first post as well try and include a description of yourself so that those arriving after you know what they see and likewise those already arrived do too .Once there are at least two of you at the clearing feel free to begin interacting Make sure you have your charachter sheet completed before you start.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140681
    Last edited by tophat; 2010-02-04 at 05:17 PM.
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Seven Provinces

The halfling, all 3'1" of him, pauses and looks with amazement about him. "Wow, they're never going to believe this," he said aloud, to no one in particular. Presently, with a light skip in his step, he began an aimless exploration of the clearing.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Shortly after the halfling reaches the clearing, he sees a dwarf showing up.

He is bulky and 4'2'', wearing scale mail and carrying a heavy wooden shield along a morning star strapped to his belt. There is also a sling there, but he carries little in terms of equipment. His hair is dark brown and his dark eyes examine the halfling dully before they move on. His beard is surprisingly short, for a dwarf, as if he is not all that related to the dwarven men. Around his neck is the holy symbol of Jazim-Zi, god of magic.

"Ya were drawn here too?" The dwarf asks without introducing himself and not even looking at the halfling.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anton Zor, weary from his long journey, approaches the clearing. Noticing the halfling and dwarf, he stops, and chuckles lightly before announcing himself.

A dwarf, a halfling, and a human walk into a swamp...

He pauses briefly.

So, who knows how this joke ends?
    Find your fortune - or your unfortunate fate - in the Southern Wastes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf glances briefly at the new human "With a human being stripped and skinned alive" he grunts and looks around the clearing "Ya know why ya here?"
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    The dwarf glances briefly at the new human "With a human being stripped and skinned alive" he grunts and looks around the clearing "Ya know why ya here?"
    Anton grins wryly. My lucky day, then. No, I've no idea why I'm here. Probably has something to do with this disk thing. I figure someone wants to hire us or kill us, and they've gone to a lot of trouble to make sure no one else knows about it. He shrugs. Or they've got a weird sense of humor.
    Find your fortune - or your unfortunate fate - in the Southern Wastes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"If someone called us here, maybe he waits.. Maybe more will show up"

8. - Top - End - #8

RedWizardGuy

"You know, if we're called here, that means someone thinks we're important. Just think of that!" The halfling's amost giddy with the thought. He continues his exploration of the clearing, with a skip in his step that almost seemed more pronounced now to reflect his happy thoughts.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"I think you are here just for the comic relief.." The dwarf speaks coldly.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Kevin steps in to the clearing
    Hello the camp, how are you gentlefolk on this fine day. Were you compelled here as well? Or are you the ones doing the compelling? Keviin asked with a slightly perplex look on his face. The others looking at him see a unusually handsome half orc, with golden hair with white flex and eyes the colour of fire. He was about average hight for an half breed at 6'6 and took more after his human side then the orc but the clues were there. with his slightly enlarged incisors and a slight green-gray cast to his skin.

Let me introduce myself I am Josh Hartly travelling entertainer, who might you folk be?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

the dwarf examines the half orc dully, "Gundushel" He answers shortly, examines the bunch again and groans "I'm sure that soon, someone will come out and claim we are a party of adventurers and give us a quest"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Party of adventure's? Oh I hope not, the last time that happen I got stuck with a wizard and 13 dwarfs trying to liberate a dragons hoard. I swore never again Kevin say with a smile

So anyone got a real idea why we are here? I say that if all ameandable maybe we should set some kind of camp, at least until we are told why we were called
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"Tired of the journey, half-human?" The dwarf asks "Not enough to tire your creativity, I believe"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

what are you trying to inply? And half human? There no human in me, I'm half halfling or a quarterling as we are beter known as. Just because I'm tall for my height.
    Kevin said with a smile
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf shrugs "If you think so." And he closes his eyes.

16. - Top - End - #16

RedWizardGuy

"Hi Josh the quarterling," the halfling responded blissfully. "You are probably the tallest quarterling I have ever met! I'm Alton, by the way."

To Josh/Kevin:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there anything on you that hints at how you entertain? Also, is your character Josh or Kevin? I have to admit your posts are confusing me.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

hi good halfling sir, as I said to this gruff dwarf like fellow, I'm merely tall for my height,
    Kevin said lightly.
    So little friend, what are you doing in such a dank and unusually crowed spot.

To vin
    Spoiler
    Show
    confusing you is the plan, my character is a compulsive liar so will give many names and background stories (many of which will be stolen from books, movies and other media). His name his Kevin but at the mo he's keeping that on the down low until he know your characters better. As for any hints, I do have my spell copontant pouch on my belt but other then that I am wearing a basic travelling suit.
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2010-02-04 at 05:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A gnome stumbles through the underbrush and into the clearing, muttering something about the forest being to big. He seems to be a spelllcaster of some sort, as he has a belt around his waist that looks identical to those worn by the human nobles, if less decorative. He stands about as tall as the halfling, and hase dark brown hair and black eyes. He looks up to see the others who have already arrived. When his eyes come to the human, his features harden. "Greetings. I assume we all have the same reason for being here? Allow me to introduce myself. I am known as Errkor Firestarter Fudmil, and I am pleased to make most of your acquaintance." As he says this he give a cold glare at the human.
    Last edited by Helinon; 2010-02-04 at 07:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    I want to cast Magic Missile at the darkness.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf grunts "If an elf and a half elf come here.." he mutters without looking at the gnome.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Zwei wanders through the brush into the clearing, a massive greatsword hanging on his back. He sees the halfling, the dwarf, the other human, the half-orc, and the gnome. His cloak ripples in a slight breeze that flows through the clearing occupied by six of them.

He remains silent as the party continues to converse, his ice-blue eyes scanning the place around him.

(Spot Check for anything out of the ordinary)
    (1d20+3)[10]
    Last edited by IncarnumJunkie; 2010-02-04 at 07:36 AM.
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

zwei
    Spoiler
    Show
    with the exception of the rather odd bunch of people in the middle of nowhere nothing particularly intresting to be seen
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf looks grumpy "Can any of you search the area? Maybe the thing that brought us all here is hidden?" and draws the small disk from his pouch, examining it once more.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

"Well that fine and dandy idea Mister dwarf , would you or anyone for that matter care to help"

And with that Kevin start to look around the clearing to see if there's any clues
    Last edited by Robert Blackletter; 2010-02-04 at 10:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

RedWizardGuy

Alton continues his explorations around the clearing...

Spot (1d20+1)[18]
    Listen (1d20+3)[17]
    Search (1d20+4)[22]

[ooc](after all this time exploring the clearing, can't I just take 20?)[/ooc]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not a good searcher" The dwarf gives a short answer and walks around, examining the ground without much interest.

OOC: VinGoodman, where does it say you are here for a long time? I don't see the DM saying "X minutes pass without anything happening" nor does it matter, because you can't retroactively take 20.

If Gundushel gets into 5ft distance of something made of rock he gets a roll as if he was actively searching for it, so in case it does happen: (1d20)[19] +2 for stone stuff.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Search (d20+2)[12] (hope it works this time)
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Search (Looks like VinGoodman will find something)
    (1d20+2)[20]
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As they’ve been talking, the other characters have been catching bits and pieces of a strange sound, which seems to be getting steadily louder. As the sound nears, anyone who has heard a pair of bagpipes before will begin to recognize it for what it is, but everyone else will begin to wonder if some maniac is strangling a cat inside a metal barrel. Finally, the sound resolves itself into something (basically) musical and rather uplifting even to those unfamiliar with the pipes, and then a tall, thin human strolls into the clearing, lowers the pipes from his lips, and looks about the clearing, blinking as if coming out of a minor daze. He is fair-skinned, with long blond hair and blue eyes, wearing faded studded leather and some sort of dress or skirt, colored green, yellow, and black. He has a sword, with brass fittings, and a sort of “Y” shaped guard, on his belt, and throwing daggers strapped to various strategic places on his body. Seeing the clearing occupied by fellow travelers, the man steps forward, extending a hand to the nearest character.

“Why, hello there lads! The name’s Shay, Shay MacShire. I wonder if you folk were drawn to this clearing too, just like myself? It started after I touched a small marble disk- did something similar happen to you folk too?”

Spoiler
    Show
    Shay is making a Bardic lore role to see if anything pops up about small marble disks: (1d20+3)[22]

And for the hey of it, a knowledge history roll, just incase this particular swamp- or even this particular clearing- is of any historical note: (1d20+6)[20]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf looks wide eyed at the thing that just entered and started to speak, probably in common "A bard!" He looks around himself for a clear path to retreat "Yes, a disk.." he shows the one still in his hand "It was a trap, I'm sure of that now.." it looks like he mentally is cursing his short legs.

30. - Top - End - #30

RedWizardGuy

"Things are really becoming festive here! Hi Shay, my name's Alton. Could you play us a song to help pass the time?"

More OOC stuff (hidden to avoid spoiling the mood)
    Spoiler
    Show

[QUOTE=Sliver;7822279]"I'm not a good searcher" The dwarf gives a short answer and walks around, examining the ground without much interest.

OOC: VinGoodman, where does it say you are here for a long time? I don't see the DM saying "X minutes pass without anything happening" nor does it matter, because you can't retroactively take 20.

[QUOTE]

I wasn't banking on it, although it seemed natural - I was first, and I think I've been "continually" exploring with my posts as everyone came. After thinking about it some more, though, I would agree with you that Take 20 wouldn't make sense here. Even if the DM concedes I've been around a while (which he does not have to), it likely is not feasible due to the vastness of the clearing (I was thinking of a single roll...but that covers a limited area ).