New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Seven Provinces

1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Seven Provinces

"Maybe.. Or maybe we need to all touch them together.. Lions or cubs.. 6 uf us, 6 of each of them.. Or maybe.." He puts one if his hands on a cub, and one on a lion, waiting for the rest to try that as well.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Now that seems a good idea, if that dosent work then i stay in the room when you guy make the door disappear so if anything happens.
    Kevin said after choosing a random lion to put his hands on
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Aye, touching both at once seems worth a try, very good idea indeed"

Shay also selects a random lion and cub to touch at once.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unfortunatley the lions and cubs are too far apart for you to be touching each at the same time .
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

What about the distance between the lions? And the cubs? So each can touch two lions or two cubs.. That failing, each will try to touch a cub and then each will touch a lion.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If the combinations suggested by Gundushel do not work, Shay will grab the head of one of the (non-blinky-red-eyed) statues and give it a hard shove, and then try to turn it- see if the statues will move, or rotate. Especially seeing if maybe they can be turned to face each other. He will try this with both the lions and the cubs.

Strength check if you need it:

(1d20+2)[13]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well the cubs themselves are sitting together in a fairly tight circle maybe 10 centimeters or so apart , the lions are each about 22 feet away at the nearest point 30 feet at the farthest to tthe central cubs and at equal distances apart .

The lions are firmly attached to the floor

[ooc]
    Spoiler
    Show
    the room is a circle with about 30 feet radius , the cubs are about 1 foot long ,the lions are 8 feet long and aranged at about 12 , 2 ,4 ,6* ,8 ,10 o 'clock . Thec ubs look out from the centre at 12 , 2, 4, 6,8, 10 o ' clock
    *The entrance you entered through was at 6 o'clock and there is no lion there but one sits just to the side of the entrance way .
    Last edited by tophat; 2010-02-10 at 09:46 AM.

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Errkor examines the position of the lions and moves over to the lion next to the door. "Well, I think this guy is a little bit out of position. Help me move him in front of the door." Errkor attempts to move the lion in front of the door.
    Strength check if needed: (1d20)[9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    I want to cast Magic Missile at the darkness.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pushing and shoving at the lion nets you very little it seems to be anchored to the floor .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Well, I guess talking is worth a try, although I was hoping to make it more than 10 minutes into this particular adventure before holding a conversation with inanimate objects..."

Shay steps in front of the lion with the red eyes, and feeling more than a little self-conscious, begins to speak:

“Hello there, my fine Lord Lion. I and my friends are at your service, and are friends of the Brotherhood of the White Wolf. We humbly seek passage beyond this room, and will willingly submit ourselves to any trials, riddles, or other tests you deem necessary, to proceed.”

Diplomancy roll to convince the inanimate hunk of stone to aid us:

(1d20+8)[25]
    Last edited by Gecks; 2010-02-10 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Gah, grammer

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

The lion blinks once or twice during your speech but says nothing.

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

“Well, I have the feeling we are missing something obvious, but I am not quite sure what…”

Shay examines the red-eyed lion statue very carefully, looking in it’s mouth and around it’s head to see if there is any nooks or crannies for objects to be inserted. Shay also, in perhaps a typically adventurous lack of foresight, takes a long look at the red eyes themselves, seeing if they perhaps might be constructed of valuable gemstones. Finally, if nothing else becomes obvious, Shay will cut a length of cloth from his winter blanket- being very careful to leave a usable, if slightly shorter blanket, after the cutting- and use it as a blindfold, to cover the lion’s eyes.

If none of these actions produce any results, Shay will suddenly snap his fingers and say “Beads- there were 10 coloured beads in one of the pouches, weren’t there? There are 5 lions without glowing eyes, maybe we could try to insert the beads in the other lion’s eyes?”

Rolls:

Seach: (1d20+2)[9]
    Spot: (1d20)[19]
    Appraise: (1d20+6)[11]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

While Shay speaks, Gundushel examines the center of the floor. If Shay finds some place to put something inside, he will try to fit the pearl or disk. He will try to place the disk at the center of the room as well.

He will also remove the orb while others are in the room, give it a few moments and place it again, asking if something happened.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

You dont find any indentations or such , scrutinising the eyes makes you quite sure they are eyes , completly lifelike . Blindfolding the statue has no effect .

You do indeed have some beads you have 2 yellow beads , 2 green beads , 2 purple beads , 2 blue beads and 2 orange beads .

When gundushel removes the orb from the goblet in the other room anyone who is watching from the lion room will see the far end of the corridor turn into a wall . The lion room itself is unaffected

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Gundushel takes the beads and tries to insert them into one of the lion's eyes. If it doesn't react for a while, he tries to take them out and insert into a different one. He gives others the beads as well to do the same to finish the thing quickly (only if it actually works)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

As you try to press the beads into the eyes of the lions you notice they seem to push into the stone with apparent ease and form into eyes . Then..

[/ooc]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ill need to know which lions you are trying to get which beads into

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Orange right to the red. Then yellow, green, blue, purple.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Errkor hears Shay's suggestion to place the beads in the lions' eye's and goes over to give Shay a pat on the back. "Well done! Not bad for a human."

This comment is both complementary of Shay's work and derogatory of his race. Comes with the whole most humans are bad ideals.
    Last edited by Helinon; 2010-02-10 at 01:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Helinon: While Shay came up with the idea, Gundushel is the one shoving the beads.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Orange right to the red. Then yellow, green, blue, purple.
    [ooc]
    Spoiler
    Show
    and gets the colour order right first time :)

As you place the beads they seem to be sucked into the small statues and the eyes of the lion cubs open . As each set of eyes open , the larger lion statues facing each cub slowly stir .
    The lion stands up stretchs its legs and takes a step to the side where it settles down into a crouch before becoming lifeless once more . Behind each off the lions a corridor is now visible .

[ooc]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You now have uninvestigated corridors at 12, 2 , 4, 8 and 10 o'clock
    Last edited by tophat; 2010-02-10 at 01:48 PM.

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay for knowing colors!

Gundushel examines each of the new corridors before deciding into he should continue. "Jazim-Zi grants great wisdom" He speaks with pride "One day.." He stops without continuing.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Each of the corridors appears identical , a short 10 foot long corridor with a sturdy wooden door at the end .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Gundushel closes his eyes, focusing his mind and praying. Then he points at a corridor and declares "We shall test this one. Who volunteers to be the front man and who will test for traps?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He chooses at random by that order: Orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. (1d5)[5] The corridor behind the purple eyed lion it is.. Boy that sounds familiar..

Gundushel is pointing at the door that was behind the purple eyed lion.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2010-02-10 at 01:56 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Hmmm- that is alot of identical corrodors- should we start with 12 O'clock, and just work our way sequentially from there?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Errkor moves to the corridors and looks down each one, not entering them. "I'd love to, but I have a very low capacity for pain."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Well, I guess I will volunteer for the first corridor- let's hope any traps are sensitive enough to tell when someone is too pretty to die!"

Shay pauses for a second to cast resistance on himself, flashes a friendly- if slightly nervous- smile to his compainions, walks down the corrider behind the purple lion, and- assuming nothing bad happens- listens at the door before opening it.

Listen check: (1d20+2)[17]
    Last edited by Gecks; 2010-02-10 at 02:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

well if no one else got the guts I will do it and with walks through the door behind ther purple eyed lion to the door at the other end keeping a eye out for traps and unusal sights

Listen(d20)[12]
    Spot:[Roll]d20/roll]
    Search(d20+2)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Spot reroll (d20)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

You march down the corridor not seeing or hearing much of interest and pull open the door at the end . You find yourself looking through a shimmering translucent blue wall , through the wall you can see a corridor with an opening at the end , the opening is obscurred and you cant see past it . Just inside the door behind the blue shimmering wall is a metal rod sticking 10 inches of the floor , a similiar rod you can see at the far end of corridor just before the opening .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Shay walks up beside kevin and tosses a copper peice against the blue light to see what happens.