New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Seven Provinces

1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Seven Provinces

Spoiler
    Show
    Splash ! You swing through the creature which makes a roaring noise similiar to a wave crashing on the beach loses its form and splashes onto the floor in a large puddle .
    Reduced posting til monday , sorry those I am gaming withSeven Provinces

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Yay! Gundushel examines the basin that he just cleared.

Spoiler
    Show
    How do you handle xp? Gundushel counts as ECL 1/4 party if that matters..
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Its a simple basin , which is now empty , engraved in the bottom of the basin is a serious of waving lines .

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Gundushel decides not to test his luck and returns to the others in the fake wall room. (what about my question above? )

Anyone looking at Gundushel notes that he is quite soaked.
    Last edited by Sliver; 2010-02-11 at 12:21 PM.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Alton voices the obvious question on everybody's mind. "What happened to you? How did you get all wet?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

"Found a basin full of water, decided to take a dive in it. A creature made of water attacked me as I entered the room behind the blue eyed dog. I disposed of it. There might be more."

7. - Top - End - #157

RedWizardGuy

Alton brightens at the response. "Hey, may be it was guarding something! Should we go have a look. How many others do you think could be there? May be we can gang up on them."

"On the other hand, what if we needed it alive because it can do something for us, or answer questions. Hmm..." Alton's voice trails into mumblings as his train of thought led him astray, distracting him from the initial suggestion.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

"It is formed from the water in the basin and attacks on sight. Not very chatty. Maybe he wants to hear a good joke. We should tell him about Shay" Gundushel considers the question for a moment "There were 3 more basins, but I saw a flame in the second one. I suspect each represents a different element, so we will fight fire, air and earth beings, probably."

9. - Top - End - #159

RedWizardGuy

"Too bad we can't make them fight each other first. That would save us half the work. Say, is there any water left? Can we just pour the water into the fire basin and put it out?"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Zwei draws his greatsword from his back. He prepares himself to go with whoever decides to take on the next elementals.

"If there are more then let's not waste any time."
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

"well I agree let attack those things" kevin says following behind. Behind whoever gos to attack the elementals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Johel View Post
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"All the water in the basin turned to attack me on approach. It is now on the floor in the hall. Unless they increase in power, I don't think it was ment to be highly lethal for a group with some fighting experience."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

"So it proberly some kind of test then, see what we do, I say kill the lot nd see what happens."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Because utopia is a dream, humans are bastards and any attempt to really flesh out Neverland turns it into Battle Royal island, only with pirates, cannibal children, man-eating mermaids, sadistic Indians, nymphomaniac fairies and Godzilla with a ringing tummy.

I have a specific learning difficulty, if I misuse grammar, misspell or otherwise abuse the written word, forgive me

14. - Top - End - #164

RedWizardGuy

Alton eagerly follows the group. "Wait until Master hears about these elemental basins..."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

"I think we should examine the other halls first. At the moment we are at good shape, and any surprise we will manage to handle. We know we will need to fight if we advance that way, and the fights might be tougher as we advance, and if we will return to examine a different route when our resources are expanded and we are injured, we won't be able to handle surprises this place throws at our way"

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Errkor sighs in relief as he exits the barrier. He then leaves the passage just in time to hear Gundushel recount his battle. When he tells them about the flame, Errkor chuckles to himself rather loudly. He then recomposes himself and marches down toward the Blue passage. "We can talk tactics once we're down there. From what it sounds like, you have to get very close to the basins to activate the elementals. Besides i would love to see the fire basin. Heh heh heh... Fire."
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    I want to cast Magic Missile at the darkness.

17. - Top - End - #167

RedWizardGuy

"That may be the case, but isn't that first room the perfect room for us to rest in if we ever need to run away and recover? Just remove the orb, and the doors disappear!" Alton catches himself, "of course, there's the problem of when we're ready to leave the room again. If someone, or something gave chase, they may simply wait us out..."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Errkor, who is already descending into the passage, stops and replies, "Be that as it may, even if it does wait for us, We will still be able to lick our wounds and prepare for it better that we had the last time."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"Or bring friends.." He looks at Errkor "About 20 feet or so.."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

Mmmmmmmmm I have an idea, it may not work but it may lessen our problem, I know a few.... tricks, one of these tricks create a man of light simlar to the lights Errkor made, if that sets off the trap won't the elemental attack each other?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Errkor calls out from the passage, "If its a visual trigger, yes. If its a proximity trigger, no. An illusion only works for fooling people into seeing something that doesn't exist. They don't actually have the ability to activate most traps."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Well it won't hurt to try, you right it properly not visual but if it works that our life made a whole lot easier.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm happy enough to try to trick the elementals- or fight them if necessary- but I think Gundushel has a good idea about poking our heads into the other rooms and examining them first. For all we know, we might need to be keeping these elemental creatures alive in order to get past a different obstacle elsewhere"

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Gundushel shakes his head suddenly "Ya know, I think I get it.. This isn't the type of dungeon that we need to get to the end of.. Each of us will need to collect one of these again" He pulls out the marble disk he picked up "It was the key in, it is probably the key out. I found it after solving the first puzzle, so there might be one in a room behind one of the other dogs. If all corridors continue and not just a dead end with a puzzle to give us an item, we will return to the basins of elements, but we should check the other rooms first.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Well my intelligent dwarf friend you are properly right, lets chosse a new colour and start down that one, how about yellow?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf shrugs "Sure.."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After looking at the flame at a distance, Errkor comes back up and nods in Gundushel's direction. "That may be. I suppose we could check the other passages. My favorite spell would only help that elemental. So lets go!" Errkor is about to stride of in a random direction when he pauses in midstride. "Which passage are we taking again?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf opens the door that is at the end of the corridor behind the green eyed dog.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Errkor strides up to the green passage and peers down into it. "Onwards fellow adventurers! Let us defeat what evils lie in wait for us!" He then waits for someone to enter before him so he can have a meatshield to protect him.
    Last edited by Helinon; 2010-02-12 at 11:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

A plain floor , many odd symbols are carved on the wall , another door is situated directly across , barely 20 feet away .

Gundushel takes one look at the floor in front of the door and is certain that it wouldnt be a good idea to put any weight on it .

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by tophat; 2010-02-12 at 12:47 PM.

Cliche

Tophats Gauntlet