New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Non-casting wand slinger?

sofawall, the posts on using Hulking Hurler were started by me being literal about slinging wands.
    Someone thought of using that for something both amusing and possibly viable, and still vaguely relevant to the thread.
    Also, our posts are much shorter.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

2. - Top - End - #32

sofawall, the posts on using Hulking Hurler were started by me being literal about slinging wands.
    Someone thought of using that for something both amusing and possibly viable, and still vaguely relevant to the thread.
    Also, our posts are much shorter.
    My post was brought about responding to Schneeky, who posted in this thread about a warlock, which was a reply to BardicDuelist, discussing the merits of warlocks as relevant to the OP. My reply had nothing to do with the OP, but everything to do with the thread.

The Hulking Hurler posts are no more relevant, as they too were started by something in the thread, but now have nothing to do with the rest of the thread.

Also, I felt correcting inaccuracies when someone is suggesting a build achetype is something laudable, not decryable. For example, if someone says Commoners do more damage per round than a Fighter of equal level, saying the Commoner does 700 damage at level 13, one might disprove this. How would one disprove this? Oddly enough, with proof! Specifically, proof that the fighter does more than 700 damage at the given level. I gave all the proof required, and backed up all my statements. "Ubercharger is better" was contested, and just saying it again would do nothing, and cluttering up the thread further than one definitive proof.

Also, while my posts were longer, that's because I had more to say than just a pun or a witticism.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking for myself, if the OP of a thread asks politely, twice, to try and keep on topic, and keep tangental discussions to a separate thread…I generally honor their wishes. YMMV.

...anyway, thanks to everyone who posted relevant info for the topic. I think I have the answers I need. If anyone now wants to use this thread to argue about the price of fish in Egypt, be my guest.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Speaking for myself, if the OP of a thread asks politely, twice, to try and keep on topic, and keep tangental discussions to a separate thread…I generally honor their wishes. YMMV.

...anyway, thanks to everyone who posted relevant info for the topic. I think I have the answers I need. If anyone now wants to use this thread to argue about the price of fish in Egypt, be my guest.
    I reckon the price isn't much more than it is in America (which I use as a base since I live here).
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Also found another feat that may be helpful.

Inspired Master [General] (DR339 p34)
    — Any magic item you use has its ‘Caster level’ treated as if it were +1 level.
    Always attack a man’s strengths, No one ever expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Up the middle that’s where the action is. And it’s the same in life. Don’t run away, attack them head on as their coming at you at full speed. Because that my friend is living.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

The advantage of a rogue is touch attack sneak attacks with level 0 wands. High level wands tend to be expensive so you'll probably want low level utility stuff anyway. Might as well grab some scrolls too.

I reckon the price isn't much more than it is in America (which I use as a base since I live here).
    According to this the price of fish in Egypt is going down. But that may be skewed because the vast majority of fish there is tilapia (used in fried fillets like McDonald's).
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2010-02-08 at 10:47 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    According to this the price of fish in Egypt is going down. But that may be skewed because the vast majority of fish there is tilapia (used in fried fillets like McDonald's).
    Oooooh, tilapia is delicious.
    I didn't know the price of fish in Egypt is/was going down, though.
    But now I do. And knowing is half the battle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?