New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Zombiepocalypse! (The game)

This is Zombieapocalypse, the game where zombies attampt to take over Earth and we fight them!

There are 2 teams you can join.

The Resistance-

The Resistance are the humans, built from any and every random person who can/wants to fight zombies.

The Zombies-

The Zombies are, well...the zombies! They're bent on destorying the world and turning all humans into zombies.

The Rules:

1. You cannot have more than 5 weapons on hand at once.
    2. You can only have 1 vehicle in possesion at once.
    3. No flaming out of game, do it in PMs please. (hehehhe pms hehehehe)
    4. You can't change back from zombie to human, but, if you want, you can get one of the zombies to bite you and turn you into one.
    5. No killing players without permission from them, and if your player gets killed, you can make a new one (this is the only way to go from zombie to human).
    6. No mega-ultra bombs or anything that can only be survived with a bunker or something.
    7. There are endless NPCs to talk to, fight, or kill, meaning NPC zombies/humans who are merely there to be killed/talked to/etc. by the opposite species.
    8. You cannot wield lightsabers or things like them. Even through this is a futuristic setting, this is more like Gears of War or Halo mixed with real world than Star Wars.
    9. The zombies are killable by:

-Chopping off heads
    -Setting on fire and letting them burn
    -Blowing them up
    -Putting so many bullets in them they fall over and disintegrate
    -Hitting them so hard they break into pieces or disintegrate

Now that the basics are covered, onto the story...
    ------------------------------------------

James Frostbite's Journal

Year 2738

Transcripting from Food Station 3B

I've got no idea what the date is, or when we're going to be able to leave this huge mall. I've only got notice on the year due to this digital clock on the wall. Zombies have practically taken over the world, but this place, the GigaMegaPlex Mall is keepnig us safe for the most part. Alex and Rob tell me we're going to be able to scout the area out soon, but after yesterday's breach around Gun Store C, I don't think they're correct. We lost Sally yesterday, she was caught in the invasion and we couldn't save her in time-or maybe one of us accidentaly got her. We couldn't tell, she had been bitten, probably. That or torn apart and eaten. I hate these days, we're barely allowed to leave HQ anyways. It's been decades since this war started. People say it was worse in the beginning, and I'm sure glad I wasn't born into this all. Well, it looks like there's a few zombies entering by Food Station H. Goodbye, and may the next person to read this be in a peaceful world.

-James Frostbite

The Zombie War is definetly not over, and has gotten worse. The GigaPlexMall is still standing in Year 3057, but more and more people and being transformed, but there's a reasonbly sized Resistance still around. Will they be able to save the world?
    ------------------------------------

To make a character, fill out this form:

Name:
    Team/Species:
    Weapons:
    Vehicle:

Age can be from 13 to 50.
    Only Genders are Male and Female.

Have Fun! I'll make another post for the team lists.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Zombiepocalypse! (The game)

Name: Can I see what other people put for names first? ( Part of Role Playing)
    Team/Species: Resistance
    Weapons: Sub Machine Gun, Chainsaw, Sniper Rifle, Revolver, Blade
    Vehicle: Motorcycle

By the way, even though I post this, can I think about whether or not I want to join? (This is just prep, and to see if you approve of this example)

3. - Top - End - #3

The name thing is fine, and take as long as you want to decide whether to join or not. I'd accept that application in a heartbeat...or a bit slower, it's pretty much perfect.

Also, my character:

Name: Alex Grotstine
    Weapons: Machete, AK-47, Katana, Pistol, and sniper Rifle
    Vehicle: Skateboard
    Last edited by BatRobin; 2009-10-04 at 03:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

This is the post for the Army Listings.

Resistance:

Spoiler
    Show

Alex Grotstine-Batrobin
    Sheen Ark-TehSheen
    Perigrine Skalitzky-Atronach
    Ryan White-Moff Chumley
    Reth-Arexious

Zombies:

Spoiler
    Show
    Gurgle-Croverus
    Last edited by BatRobin; 2009-10-07 at 07:23 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi, I have a few inquiries. Is this going to be like avatar battle royal where people post comics about what occurs in ABR, or, well what do you plan on doing? Also, if one side has more members by quite a bit are you going to request that some change sides?

6. - Top - End - #6

This can be comics, paragraphs, * quotes (*hits zombie*, etc.), or...I think that's all you CAN do. I'll mainly be doing paragraphs or * things, since I don't have PowerPoint or Illustrator on this computer.

If the Resistance/Zombies gets more than the other side, it's fine. I'm not going to force people to switch, but people can always (with their own permission) be killed/zombified.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think I will join, why not? Also if I decide I do not wish to continue, will somebody control my character, or will he die?

8. - Top - End - #8

I'm pretty sure you'd get to decide what would happen if you stop playing.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry. Just thought it would be your decision since this is your idea.

10. - Top - End - #10

I'm not that evil.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Ryan White
    Weapons: SCAR Assault Rifle, Sig Sauer Pistol, Sawed Off, Machete, Hunting Knife
    Vehicle: Pickup truck

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

Name:Sheen Ark

Team:Resistance

Weapons:Modified Assault Rifle(Modified to hold more bullets and steady fire), Baseball Bat, Modified Beretta(Modified for pinpoint accuracy and firing speed), Modified Shotgun(Modified for a larger blast radius and more damage), Modified Sniper Rifle(Modified for silenced shots and better zoom)

Vehicle:Modified Hummer(Modified to withstand assault and has a mounted machine gun). Carries a plethora of weapons but I can only hold 5 at a time because of the weight, which means that we'll always have access to weapons, even if they are weaker.

The reason I have a LOT of modified stuff is because my character has a excellent talent for improving weapons, vehicles, fortifications, you name it.

If there are a lot of NPCs, we can always have something to do. Zombie hunting, anyone?
    Last edited by TehSheen; 2009-10-05 at 07:57 PM.
    The most awesome avatar ever by the amazing Dashwood!
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles!
    Pokemon Trainer:1
    Wolf:2
    Horde Seer:1
    Mason:5
    Fool:1
    Villager:5
    Total Games:15

13. - Top - End - #13

Both accepted. Shall we begin? (also, ammo is pretty much unlimited unless you want to run out for some big CMOA where you beat down a horde of zombies with a shotgun)
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Name: Gurgle
    Team/Species: Zombies
    Weapons: Claws, teeth, Disease spit
    Vehicle: Feet

Anything special I can do with starting as a zombie? Like mutated powers and stuff? I added that I have claws and disease spit just because after being a zombie for an extended period I should have mutated something other than "i can bite you!"

15. - Top - End - #15

I'm not so sure about disease spit, but if you use it about as much as Iraq and North Korea shoot missles into the ocean, then no. It'd be fine in moderation.

So, accepted.

Let's begin.
    Last edited by BatRobin; 2009-10-06 at 04:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, but you're going to have to think of some kind of plot. Or at least prompt, get things started.

17. - Top - End - #17

Sheen Ark

Sheen had just finished modifying most of the weapons he possesses in the weapons case in his vehicle, and puts the weapons away. He goes into the improvised kitchen in his Hummer and begins to eat some sandwiches he found while scavenging. He calls the other people that he found some food and awaits their reply.
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atronach View Post
    Since people are being creative with their names I will as well.

Name: Perigrine Skalitzky
    Weapons: Sub Machine Gun, Chainsaw, Sniper Rifle, Revolver, Blade
    Vehicle: Motorcycle

By the way, do you plan on advertising this? I might be able to do something on Gimp and put it on Photo Bucket.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TehSheen View Post
    Sheen Ark

Sheen had just finished modifying most of the weapons he possesses in the weapons case in his vehicle, and puts the weapons away. He goes into the improvised kitchen in his Hummer and begins to eat some sandwiches he found while scavenging. He calls the other people that he found some food and awaits their reply.
    Ryan White

Ryan slouches over, wordlessly grabs a sandwich, and begins munching like there's no tomorrow. Which, of course, there may not be. When done, he mutters 'thanks', looks curiously at Sheen's modified weapons, and wanders back to his jeep. After scanning the surroundings via binocular, he starts noodling on a lovingly maintained acoustic guitar. The rather pastoral chords are slightly at odds with the neatly laid out SCAR he acquired from a friend in Russia, his prized Sig Suear, his father's Remington, and the paired knife and machete he used when living in Thailand.

20. - Top - End - #20

Atronach, you could advertise it if you want, but I don't want to become the next Zombie Hannah Montana. And your char is in, I'll edit the lists soon.
    -----------------------

Alex Grotstine

Alex was cornered by zombies. He swiftly kicked his skateboard into one and threw his machete into another. Pulling his AK-47 out, he fired 4 rounds nonstop and slashed the remaining zombies with his katana. Alex knelt down and pulled his machete out of the zombie it had sliced in half. Sheathing both swords and hiding his AK in his trenchcoat, he silently crept into the shadows and rode away on his skateboard towards Sheen's Hummer.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perigrine Skalitzky

While several zombies were near him, Perigrine pulled out his sub machine gun and fired multiple shots at the zombie's head. He then charged toward another and pulled out his chainsaw, seperating the first half of its body. Perigrine then pulled out his blade and thrust it into the zombies skull, ensuring that it was, indeed, dead.
    While seeing if the other resistance members had killed the other zombies, he jumped onto his motorcycle, following the others.

22. - Top - End - #22

Alex Grotstine

Alex rode closer and closer to the Hummer, when suddenly an arm flew under his wheels and he flew from his skateboard. Alex looked up, seeing a bunch of zombies lumbering towards him before his head hit the concrete floor. The last thing he heard was the sound of a million bullets being fired.

Alex woke up in a bunker not far from where he had been attacked. A burly man named Baxter looked over and mumbled,
    "He's awake." the others in the medical bunker put down their dented weapons and turned around. One medic named Kara looked down at me.
    "You almost broke your arm, Alex. Those zombies almost bit you, but we managed to fight them off in time to save you. We got your skateboard too, it's over there. You're very lucky you survived bcause of us medics." Alex nodded and slowly stood up. The oldest man in the building, a male of 98 years who no one knew the name of approached Alex.
    "Alex," he muttered. "I have a...task, for you. There are sniper zombies posted around the bunker, far away, but they have rifles with large scopes. It appears they're getting a tad smarter. They took out one of us on the way back here with you." The elder pointed out the thick bulletproof glass. Some 40 feet away, a dead woman lay, a huge chunk of her head detached from a bullet. Two slain zombies lay beside her, one's hand on her face. Alex shuddered and turned away.
    "Alex," he started again. "I want you to get the zombies and their rifles. We've estimated 10 or more. We want you to go with Baxter and Sara, and return with 10 or more of their rifles. Now give me your sniper so you can't pass it off as one of theirs and slack a bit, this is war. Now head out, son, and take an extra pistol if you need it." Alex nodded and him, Baxter, and Sara, a brunette with a truckload of knives and swords hidden along her coat headed out.
    -----------------

Alex now has

Machete
    Pistol-Replaced Sniper Rifle for now
    Pistol
    AK-47
    Katana
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Name: Reth
    Weapons: Sword, sub-machine gun
    Vehicle:None, usually tries to catch a ride with someone else.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Arexious View Post
    Name: Reth
    Weapons: Sword, sub-machine gun
    Vehicle:None, usually tries to catch a ride with someone else.
    Accepted. Join in.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Ryan White

Sheen and Ryan had their vehicles in a parking garage, several blocks away from Alex's location. Ryan, after hearing the gunshots, walked to the edge of the garage, at the outskirts of the city. Suddenly spotting a zombie holding a huge gun, he ducked and cursed. Staying low, he ran to his truck, grabbed his SCAR, and screw on a suppressor. He carefully put two rounds into the zombie's head, and while scanning the area for more, noticed a group of heavily armed humans walking through the street. Grabbing his other weapons, he calls to Sheen "Be right back. I think I saw someone", and leaves without waiting for a reply. He stands about ten feet from the street, and as Alex's group walks by, he waves and says, in a low voice, "What are you doing in the street? There are zombies with rifles out there! Get in here!".

26. - Top - End - #26

Sheen Ark

Sheen looked as Ryan ran to go to a group of armed humans. He found zombies with GUNS around him as he looked around with his Sniper Rifle, and began to snipe off zombies. He reloaded, and one of those zombies slowly looked to his position. He immediately shot the zombie in the head, and said quietly, "Cr0wned.". He grabbed his weapons, and ran off to join Ryan.
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles!

27. - Top - End - #27

Technically there aren't streets, but the mall has been around for almost 500 years, so it's probably remodeled to look like anything anywhere. And as of this post, Baxter, Ryan, Sheen, Alex and Sara are in one spot, somewhere.
    ---------------------------

Alex sighed in relief at seeing some other humans and began to explain the situation to Sheen and Ryan.
    "There's a bunch of zombies with snipers around here, and we were sent to collect 10 or more of their rifles. We'll be alright, but you said you saw a whole squadron of them or something?" Baxter and Sara sunk into the shadows with Alex. Alex grabbed Sara's dented rifle and hurled it into the street. At least ten zombies crowded around it, all heavily armed.
    "They must've looted the bodies of ones they killed," Alex whispered. "Or they're just former humans." Alex took Sheen's sniper (muttering "excuse me" and carefully aimed a bullet at a pole behind one zombie. It ricocheted off the steel pole and bounced next to a zombie. It looked down and picked up the bullet, pointing in the direction of the pole. All the zombies turned in the direction it was facing and aimed their rifles at the pole and surrounding things that would provide cover. Alex handed the sniper back and slowly unsheathed his katana and pulled one pistol out. He stepped forward, partially out of the shadows.
    "Now we charge them." Alex whispered.
    ----------------------
    For Alex's description right now, just imagine an 18-year-old Neo from The Matrix, minus the shades.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Reth sat in the passenger seat of an SUV, his friend was driving. They were speeding down a dark highway at night. Trees were briefly illuminated by the headlights before whizzing out of view. Reth had a sword, and an Sterling 9mm SMG.
    "Thanks for pulling me out back there."
    "Thanks for slicing the head off that pouncing one. Nasty buggers."
    "We're heading for the mall then?"
    "Yeah, only place left. We're close now, but don't expect many havens once your inside. Everyone's at risk, all the time."
    "What a flippin' surprise. Oh well, I'm never bored anymore."
    "That's...one way of putting it. You didn't lose anyone in the takeover."
    "You haven't 'lost' anyone for two years."
    "You know, you can really-"

The heated conversation is abruptly interrupted as the SUV suddenly tilts and flips to it's side. Reth briefly passes out.

He wakes up a few instant later, with a zombie stumbling toward him. He flips onto his stomach starts crawling/running for his sword, lying nearby. He dives for the sword, then turns and hacks out the legs from under the creature, then administers a coup de grace to finish it off.

More are coming. Reth hastily seaches for his SMG and sees it two meters away. He sprinted for it, scooping it up as he ran past, then slowing to a stop and using it to shoot the heads of two zombies. He hears his friend yell for help, and notices a congregation of zombies over something on the ground.

Yelling at the top of his lungs, he fired into them and ran toward them at the same time. Quickly employing the sword again, he hacks off the seeking arm of zombie, then it's head. He knelt by his friend, then paused to fire another burst into a zombie sneaking up on them.

"We..we gotta go man. C'mon."
    "No...no. You can't...can't carry me. And I've been bit, Reth. You have to leave me."
    "No, don't talk like that, we gotta-"
    "Go, Reth. But first...shoot me. I..I want to see Maria again. Do it."
    "I..I can't."
    "Do it!"
    Reth shoots his friend before he thinks about it any longer. Then he turns and starts sprinting for the mall, a mere 200 meters away. The lighted entrance silhouettes swaying forms. Reth puts his head down and motors toward the entrance, shoving zombies aside and throwing himself through one of the windows. He hears people yelling and feels someone pulling him somewhere yelling "Go, go, go!" and lots of gunfire. Then he passed out.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perigrine Skalitzky

As Perigrine follows the other resistance members he notices a wave of zombies with rifles coming from a street to his right, and a wave to his left. He takes the street to his left with several resistance members, and puts up the kick stand on his bike. He grabs his sniper rifle, dives for cover, and aims for as many zombies as he can shoot. The group is not killing them fast enough, and they are overthrown. One resistance member yells "RUN!!!!", but some refuse, and Perigrine stays. The zombies were quickly approaching, and resistance members were shot. Peigine runs to his motorcycle, but decides to turn around, stop, and get a resistance member on his bike. He starts his bike, and hurries to the mall. As he enters he yells "Man Down!!!", and runs to the infimary wing of the mall with the resistance member on his back. The doctors of the infirmary ask him questions, and he exits. Perigrine then goes to the mall lobby, and rests.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Ryan White

With a grin that has a bit of madness around the edges, Ryan calmly loads his Remmy and pulls out his machete. He stares at it for a second, with bullets flying around him and zombies lurching towards him, and suddenly turns to the nearest zombie. "You look like someone I once knew. Who would of thought I could do this to Jack? Again?" He mutters it, except for the last word, which he screams. He starts laughing madly, and throws himself into the horde. His machete swings are barbaric, angry. After they're a pile of rotting flesh, without a spark of undeath, the zombie that looked like Jack had his head sliced neatly down the middle.