New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Idyll Heresies [IC]

Xanthia, and the rest of you seeing as you descend as well:

Spoiler
    Show
    The stairwell seems to go on forever and ever, circling endlessly as if towards the belly of some unholy beast.

The noxious odor intensifies and you have become quite familiar with it now. As such, you are able to smell the place long before you reach it.

Suddenly, a loud scream echoes across the tight walls of the stairwell, rising from its very bottom. A woman, no doubt in agony is letting out her final call for help.

Edit: I should explain what exactly i am expecting- I want to see whether you guys run down faster, or still take your time.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-17 at 04:45 PM.
    "Have You seen the Yellow Sign?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

Amazing avatar of "The King In Yellow" by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken whispers to Pius and XanthiaWe still shouldn't rush you guys, cause we don't even know how many guys are there and what they have for fire power.Loken is following pius.
    Faith in the Emperor.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps she didn't hear Loken's whisper, or perhaps she ignored it, but at the scream, Xanthia pops the photon gredande and drops it down to slow things up at the bottom (spiral staircases being good for that kind of thing, just drop it down the middle). Meanwhile she charges down the stairs transferring her consecrator to her left hand and screaming at the top of her lungs through the mask vox! The consecrator whines as it chambers an armor-piercing manstopper round.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Turning to listen to Loken, Pius opened his mouth to reply - he stopped as Xanthia swung into action, the faintest of smiles crossing his scarred face.

"It seems the lady has made it a moot point, Mr Loken," he said, firing up his chainsword. "Come now - do you want to live forever?"

Weapons at the ready, he charged down the remaining stairs after the Adept.

OOC: Couldn't resist

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia & Everybody

Spoiler
    Show
    A bright flash of lights fills the staircase moments later as the grenade detonates.

Xanthia & Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    Rushing down the staircase, you stumble unto a long empty hallway, lined with closed door and lit torches (the electricity having long been disabled here), moments after the grenade detonates.

As Xanthia comes down the last few steps and into the hallway, her boot sinks down into a pile of something: some sort of slime.

A quick glance around reveals the hallway to be covered in thick grime: its splattered on the walls, leaking on the ceiling onto the floor ahead of you, forming pools of sludge all the way to the end of the long, long path.

Not only that, but because of your Infra-red detector you can spot thousands of bright red lights squirming within these deposits of slime, as legions of bacteria thrive within.

The hallway is silent again, save for the voice now echoing around you.

"They come, in the depths of the starless dark, They come..."
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-17 at 05:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

"God-Emperor, grant me a hand flamer," muttered Pius, stepping down onto the slimy floor.

Waiting to make sure Loken and Hack were with them, he raised his pistol before him.

"We have our target, and I believe Ms Xanthia's grenade has dispensed with the element of surprise." He pointed his rasping chainsword towards the end of the corridor. "With me!"

Greatcoat flying out behind him, the Commissar accelerated into the attack, heading for the source of the distant voice.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

As Xanthia charges ahead, she gasps back, "Stay in my footsteps... something squirming in the muck." She assiduosly tries to avoid any of the squirming heat signatures in the slime.

Spoiler
    Show
    Agility Check: (1d100)[5] vs. 30
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-03-17 at 05:48 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia and everybody else:

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, though Xanthia manages to skillfully lead the troop past the various mounds and puddles of slime... a thick glob falls down from the ceiling, plopping on the path ahead of them as if blocking their path...

It shifts, then begins to grow as a long, scythe-like appendage bursts out: slicing it in half. Soon, the rest of the creature follows: tiny and bug-like, it appears to be a living wart of some sort: completely covered in pustules, it jerks its small legs and arms forward as it sheds away the coat of slime.

Then, it turns to stare at the Acolytes with its little beady black eyes, bearing an over-sized mouth filled with fangs.

Spoiler
    Show

You hear the sound of bubbles bursting as several other of these packets of slime burst, and more of the creatures exit the piles of refuse...

They seem to chatter and giggle as they unnaturally spawn around you, covering the hallway in a filthy carpet of living disease...

"They come... with pestilence and plague" The voice continues, amidst the the chortling of the hoard of nurglings.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-17 at 06:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well I didn't plan on living forever but I want to live long enough to retire and own a bar! Loken takes out two of his knives while following Pius.
    Faith in the Emperor.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, Mr Loken, it looks like that's going to take some work!" shouted Pius, chainsword howling. Turning towards the daemons, he made the sign of the Aquila, and launched himself forwards.

"I fear no evil, I fear no death, for the Emperor comes for me!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Chainsword attaaaaack!
    (1d100)[83]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[13], (1d10+5)[11]
    This is a charge attack if I'm far enough away, or just a move into base contact and a standard attack if I'm too close. Pius is attacking the Nurgling/s in the most direct path towards the distant voice.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-17 at 06:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    You break trough the first batch of creatures with ease, hacking away at them with the Chainsaw sword, sending chunks of nurglings across the hall.

Unfortunately, your advance is halted as more and more spawn in-front of you, blocking your path.

One reaches out from the wall with its Jaws, attempting to snap them on your shoulder: it misses and falls to the floor instead.

Another goes for your ankles: but you trample it as you attempt to carve a passage forward. A final one drops down from the ceiling, landing on your back, attempting to drop you to the floor!

You reach back and throw it down at your feet, crushing its head with your boot.

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    You gracefully jump over the writhing mass of horrid creatures, avoiding their biting teeth and scratching claws.

As you move forward, they seem unable to touch you!

Catching up to Pius, you find yourself unable to press on at your current pace, their numbers are too great.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-17 at 07:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack finally reaches the bottom of the stairs. Taking in the situation with the laerge number of demons, as well as the chanting voice from within, he turns to Pius, "Are we after this sorceror alive, or is full force authorised?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Still cutting his way through a horde of gibbering little creatures, Pius looked back at Hack.

"He's a sorcerer!" he shouted back, batting aside a Nurgling that leapt for his face. "If he starts chanting, shoot to kill. Otherwise, the man has some questions to answer."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

"Affirmative." Hack starts towards the sound of the mysterious voice, merely walking over the nurglings, unless one of them injures him, or severely impedes his movement, he ignores them. Shotgun in one hand, Sword in the other.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    You're able to get across the carpet of nurglings, some with more difficulty then others.

Pius hacked away at them, Xanthia carefully jumped over the lot: finding clear footing where she could with Loken right behind her, while Hack (as he's gotten quite accustomed too) simply marched across the hallway. Luckily, they mostly failed to slow him down.

As you walk further into the hallway: you find that it curves nearby, leading into a large circular room. You see, etched out on the nearby wall, the large and bloated shadow of a grotesque man: stabbing away at something around the corner. A scream rises, followed by the voice: now louder then ever...

"They come, faceless and shambling and hungry...."

Glancing backwards, you spot some of the doors that line the nurgling infested hallway opening inwards... or was it your imagination?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack continues towards the voice, his tread slow and inevitable, like the passage of a glacier. This heretic would fall, nothing else was of consequence.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Pius flicked Nurgling ichor from the end of his chainsword, readying his laspistol and striding forwards with Hack towards the foe.

I carry the Emperor’s will as my torch, and with it I destroy the shadows!” he shouted, raising the praise of the God-Emperor over the sorcerer’s obscene Warp-worship.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

As Xanthia charges around the corner, she switches her consecrator to her right hand, and draws her Hellfont Autopistol. She rounds the corner, prepared to fire the next round on the sorcerer, aiming for where his shadow comes from.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    You rush around the corner and enter the final room underneath the dance hall. It is a circular chamber, massive is size: the ceiling seemingly extending several floors high above your heads. Circular stone pillars, sporting strange mucous growth over them, hold up the Imperial Arms: no doubt the bottom parts of the pillars you had spotted at the ground level.

The sorcerer has converted the room into his own private ritual chamber: At its center, an altar is surrounded by seven smaller pillars upon which flaming braziers cast flickering light over the chamber. From steel rings driven into the pillars, six corpses in varying state of decay (from murdered weeks, to just a few moments ago) hang and rot as if in a meat locker. On the seventh, a lone woman screams and squirms in terror: eyes locked upon her tormentor.

He stands at the center of the ritual pit: a hunched figure which the light occasionally washes over, revealing his disease-ridden face. his gore splashed skin home to dozens of clusters of sores, lesions, and inflamed pustules. He is a walking disease, sweating pus and weeping a wholly unidentifiable ichor. In his hand, he grips a jagged knife: designed to inflict as much as possible before finishing its work.

"They come, bidden by the grandfather..."
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-18 at 04:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Stepping forwards, Pius levelled his laspistol at the heretic's hideous form, taking careful aim at the hand that held the dagger - and fired.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aim, and Called Shot to the dagger-hand.

(1d100)[97] (I think this is at -10... +10 for aiming, +10 for RDLS, -30 for the trickiest kind of Called Shot).
    Damage, if required: (1d10+2)[11]

Initiative, if required: (1d10+4)[12]

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia fires at the figure.

Spoiler
    Show
    If he cast a shadow as described he should be well sillouetted - possibly a bonus to hit? Full Autofire - WS: (1d100)[34] vs. 50
    Damage Rolls:
    (1d10+2)[9]
    (1d10+2)[6]
    (1d10+2)[4]
    (1d10+2)[10]
    (1d10+2)[12]

Edit: I only hit him with the first two shots, unless there was a bonus... for each +10 bonus, he took another bullet down the list.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-03-18 at 05:01 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken drops the knives and takes out his long las. aiming down the scope waiting for a good head shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[46]
    Faith in the Emperor.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    A volley of gun-fire rains over the central ritual pit, a few bullets grazing the sorcerer himself. Hit by one of Xanthia's bullets, a large hump on his left shoulder explodes in a rain of puss. He staggers slightly, interrupted, and turns his lesion covered eyes towards the acolytes.

"Witness? Truly the Grand-father is most benevolent!? See how he blesses our union!" He says, turning towards the chained up woman. He runs a finger over her face, as tears stream down from her horrified eyes.

"Let's not keep him waiting then, we will meet in his garden, my dear!"

Then, in a single, fluid motions he motions towards the acolytes with one hand and raises the dagger with then other: ready to plunge it into her heart.

The other corpses on the chains begin to twist and turn, writhing uncontrollably. No sooner then he lower his hand and turn his attention to his sacrifice that four of the older corpse's stomachs burst: though these seem slightly different: perhaps with bigger fangs or claws, you immediately recognize the horrors that have just spawned- Pest Ticks.

They charge towards you, eager to make contact...

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Each of you has a tick rushing towards them, you get one round before they start chewing on you :P. Were going to take the looser approach to combat, as not to be bogged down by endless rollings. Feel free to act out of sync, actions will be tallied at the end of the "round"]
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-18 at 10:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia, being no fool, immediately focuses the Hellfont on the pest-tick charging at her and opens fire on full auto.

Spoiler
    Show
    WS: (1d100)[95] vs. 50
    Damage:
    (1d10+2)[6]
    (1d10+2)[10]
    (1d10+2)[3]
    (1d10+2)[3]
    (1d10+2)[9]
    (1d10+2)[5]

Edit: lovely, six bullets all going elsewhere...
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-03-18 at 11:21 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack raises his sword to attack the Pest-Tick once it comes within range, however his stride remains unbroken. He slowly advances towards the sorceror.
    Last edited by Bowerbird; 2010-03-19 at 12:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Chainsword howling, Pius threw himself into the charge, accelerating towards the sorcerer with a prayer to the Emperor on his lips.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pius will get towards the sorcerer as quickly as possible - Run or Charge action. If a Tick intercepts him, Knock Down and continue towards Gagne. If the Knock Down fails, then I guess we have to cut the Tick up with the chainsword.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    You spot Pius race into the room towards the sorcerer! A tick leaps towards him, ready to gnaw on his face- but he ducks, and it misses its target: landing a few feet behind him.

Meanwhile, Xanthia's volley fails to hit her opponent: the creature nimbly avoids the bullets as it makes it charges her. Fortunately, it is overeager: snapping its jaws shut a hair's width away from the adept.

Hack calmly strides into the room, walking some distance behind Pius. Though the tick attempts to sink its teeth into his skin, he pushes it away with ease: leaving it vulnerable to a slash.

Finally, the furthest away, Loken takes aim at the Tick making its way towards him.

The Sorcerer does not seem to notice Pius, engrossed in the moment: ready to bring down his dagger into his victim's chest.

[OOC: Having disengaged from the Tick, Pius can safely attempt a charge action at the Sorcerer! Let's hope that Chainsaw sword actually works!]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

"Purge the Unclean!"

Covering the last few feet at a run, Pius swung his chainsaw down, its buzzing teeth descending towards the sorcerer's wrist

Spoiler
    Show
    Making this a Called Shot on the dagger arm, for -20; got +10 from the Charge, so this is vs. 30. If I miss, definitely fortune-pointing it.

(1d100)[94]
    Fortune point re-roll (if needed): (1d100)[32]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[8], (1d10+5)[14] (choose the best)
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-19 at 05:20 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack contemptuously slashes at the pest-tick beside him, not breaking his stride towards the sorceror.
    Spoiler
    Show

Once I'm within charging distance of the Sorceror I will speed up.
    WS: (1d100)[41] vs 32
    Damage: (1d10+6)[7]

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Chainsaw sword comes down on the sorcerer's hand just as he swings it, burrowing into his flesh and shredding it to pieces. He drops the dagger as two of his fingers go flying off, leaving him screaming in agony.

He turns to face Pius, glaring at him balefully.

"Avus occupo!" He growls, gesturing towards him with his remaining hand.

You see his eyes glowing green as he prepares to hex the Commissar who has interrupted his ceremony.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-19 at 05:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!