New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Idyll Heresies [IC]

ooc - well, I apparently missed a round in there... and now Pius' former tick is after me? (you said I now have two on me in ooc, but I haven't seen an IC post to let me know what's happening)

Xanthia fires at the tick in close combat, emptying her clip in the thing's direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Auto - WS: (1d100)[8] vs 50

Damage Rolls:
    (1d10+2)[5]
    (1d10+2)[7]
    (1d10+2)[10]
    (1d10+2)[9]
    (1d10+2)[4]
    (1d10+2)[9]

Edit: Nice... 4 bullets on target!
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-03-19 at 07:38 AM.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    Xanthia's shots rip apart the Tick that had attacked her: but now the Tick that Pius invaded has joined the fray. It lunges at the woman, but misses her: landing at her feet.

Loken aims his gun at the Tick rushing him and fires, his powerful shot blasting off parts of its Carapace: but it does not give up and attacks him, sinking its teeth into his armor- which fortunately proves to be too thick! He is unharmed, for now.

The Tick at Hack's feet is relentless: running around him, it keeps him from advancing, constantly blocking his path. Though he swipes at it with his sword, it is too quick: he misses and it attacks again.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[43]- (1d10)[4] Misses Xanthia
    (1d100)[3]- (1d10)[9] Loken, Roll a Dodge or Suffer...
    (1d100)[99]- (1d10)[1]Hack gives this Tick a good kick, throwing it out of the way. Your path to the sorcerer is clear.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-19 at 10:27 PM.
    "Have You seen the Yellow Sign?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

Amazing avatar of "The King In Yellow" by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack slowly starts to gain speed, faster and faster until he's running. He's still not very fast. But he's fast enough to get close to the Sorceror and fire his shotgun! Which he does with a thunderous blast!
    Spoiler
    Show

BS: (1d100)[34] vs 63
    Damage: (3d5)[4][1][5](10) +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia drops the Hellfont and switches the Consecrator back to her left hand, then fires an armor-piercing manstopper round into the Pest Tick at her feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    WS: (1d100)[67] vs. 40 (+ any bonuses for it being prone?)

Damage: (1d10+4)[6] (Pen: 5)
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-03-20 at 01:27 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Pius and Hack:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hack rushes the sorcerer and fires his shot-gun... the blast sends the remainder of his arm flying into the other corner of the room, showering blood the tech-priest and the commissar.

The sorcerer writhes in agony, screaming in pain, then crumbles into a bloody heap on the ground.

With his dying breath, he whispers something... then falls silent.

His words seem to linger in the air...

"They come... to share their gifts with all they meet..."

Xanthia:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Tick's thick carapace is destroyed by the impact of your man-stopper rounds, exposing its soft flesh insides as it twists and turns on the ground before expiring.

Behind you, Loken struggles with the final remaining Tick. At the center of the room, ahead of you, Pius and Hack stand over the remains of the sorcerer.

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Still waiting on that dodge...]

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    With the sorcerer dead, an unnatural quiet falls over the ritual pit... The woman still squirms in her chains. Though she has been saved, her mind is undoubtedly broken by what she had thus far seen...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Looking down at the sorcerer's sorry remains, Pius powered down his chainsword.

"So this is the infamous 'Gagne'," he said. Turning, he looked at the woman on the altar - his eyes flicking back to the witch's corpse, he paused, a suspicious expression crossing his scarred face.

"The warp-fiend is dead, madam," he called out - the Commissar's best attempt to reach the traumatised woman seemed to be just speaking loudly. "Fear not - we are the Emperor's servants."

Watching her carefully, he stepped forward. A careful observer might have noticed his finger ready on the trigger of his laspistol.

"We must know - what did he do to you?"

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia lets the others interrogate the woman, she begins looking around for other things.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search: (1d100)[68] vs. 15
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Pius and Hack

Spoiler
    Show
    The woman is unresponsive: much like Katrinka from the Hotel, she seems in a horrified daze, lost in her own nightmarish world.

Xanthia:

Spoiler
    Show
    You explore the depths of the room, making note that the entire thing seems built on a slope of sorts- rising steadily from the door you entered from to the end you have now traveled too.

You see, lined along the walls, the same slime-sacks you had encountered in the hall. Though they register on your Infra-red, they seem dormant. On the other hand, at the top right of the corner of the room, you find something rather peculiar.

Another Altar seems buried inside a grouping of the disgusting piles of grime. This one though, is dedicated to a woman: The corner's walls are lined with pictures, which you recognize immediately, of the bound woman: though she seems oblivious to being photographed. Drawn over the pictures, with the slime as ink, are pictures of various bugs and insects.

On the altar, locks of hair and strange items (from hair brushes to half-burned lho-sticks, along with several rusty utensils) are lined almost religiously.

Amidst them, an object is out of place: you spot a small brown book sticking out from underneath the pile of junk.

The slime nearby has grown over the altar, and has partially covered the book, but otherwise it seems intact.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia
    Spoiler
    Show
    She will carefully remove the book and wipe any gunk off of the book without directly touching the stuff with whatever may be at hand - rusty utensil or such. She'll see if she can make anything out on it's cover.
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-03-21 at 08:19 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Reluctantly sheathing his chainsword, Pius reached out and shook the woman gently by the shoulder.

"Madam. You are safe - but it is imperative that you answer our questions."
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-21 at 06:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack looks down at the woman, "Perhaps she requires medical attention?" Then holsters his shotgun and draws his lasgun, and proceeds around the room las-ing the slime pustules.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia:

Spoiler
    Show
    The book itself has no title on its cover. It is a plain brown book, though it seems to be in a state of great decay..

Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    Suddenly, the woman's widen as she stares at something behind you that seems to be the final straw, shattering her frail hold on reality.

Hack:

Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk around the room, blasting piles of slime... a sound overcomes the thunderous blast of your shotgun.

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    You struggle with your tick as it claws at your suit of armor, ripping apart and digging into your flesh. It rips a large chunk of skin off your torso, leaving you stunned and gasping for air.

Everybody Else

Spoiler
    Show
    A terrible chattering sound rises from around the ritual pit at the center of the room, louder then Hack's thunderous shot-gun. You turn around in time to spot the corpses begin to twitch as though receiving electric shocks. The iron rings clatter like macabre bells as wrists and ankles tug within the steel loops.

The putrid order redoubles in strength, a gust of warm noxious fumes seep out out of the corpses as a strange reaction takes over them. They begin sweating a phosphorescent, sickly green jelly.

This stuff flows from them, pooling around them and slowly spreading across the floor... all of them moving towards the altar besides Pius.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-21 at 09:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia pulls out a cloth making up the stole of her robes and wraps the book in it. She then pulls out her power sword, activates it, and begins sweeping it across the altar and diagrams, in the hope of disrupting the ritual that is aborning.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Just before Loken becomes unconcious he just drops the F bomb so loud that the whole building might be able to hear it if everything was really quiet.
    Faith in the Emperor.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, anyone concious who makes sufficient perception rolls may notice something that has not yet been revealed (I'll leave it to the GM to decide if you notice anything amidst the mayhem).

Spoiler
    Show
    What you may or may not notice is that as Xanthia draws her sword for the first time - it will become immediately obvious that the hilt looks golden, but the sword's blade is dark with some kind of filigree. As she activates it, the field surrounding the blade is a brilliant green and the power field itself modulates in a eerie dirgelike song.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing Loken's exclamation, Pius turned - torn between the rapidly-approaching wave of mucus and the assassin's fate, he drew his chainsword once more.

"Hack! Help him!" he said, gesturing to Loken - firing up the chainsword's motor, he made for the altar, eyes fixed on the oncoming slime. Whatever final trick the sorcerer was attempting, the Emperor had placed him here to stop it.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-22 at 04:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia flicks off the sword and resheathes it, stuffing a stole-wrapped object in her backpack. As she begins to move forward, she reaches for the consecrator under her robe.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    The slime seems to making its way to the center of the ritual-pit, past the woman. It surrounds the alter, and strangely enough begins to dissolve it!

It slowly sinks into the puddle of slime, as the puddle expands further and now almost reaches your, the sorcerer and the woman's, feet.

Xanthia:

Spoiler
    Show
    As you destroy the sorcerer's secondary alter, the phenomena doesn't seem to stop.

Quite the opposite In-fact, as the slime that had coated the corner walls around you begins to drip down on the floor and slowly make its way to the center of the room...

Hack:

Spoiler
    Show
    Though you fire at them, it seems the puddles of slime are expanding, forming large bubbles- as if about to burst.

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Tick continues to hack at your skin, fortunately its frantic scratching is unable to pierce trough your armor.

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    The strange happenings around the room intensify- as you look around, you notice the aged paint coating the walls, already half-peeled, rot even further as the entire chamber seems to decay around you right before your eyes.

An unpleasant taste of bile fills your mouth, the smell growing stronger and stronger.

Finally, as if from a great distance, you hear a faint buzzing... getting louder and louder...
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-22 at 04:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken starts to draw his sword struggleing to hit the cursed thing with what strength and energy he has.
    (1d100)[6] (1d10)[10]
    Faith in the Emperor.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Stepping back as the puddle of ooze approached, Pius fired his laspistol into it, holding little hope that the blast would have any effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    To-hit roll if necessary: (1d100)[40]

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia has her Trinity Consecrator drawn and looks around at the sound of the buzzing. "I think something big is coming through!" She fiddles with the controls on her mask and switches on as many informational displays as possible, hoping to render specific shapes and forms more abstract and possibly less insanity inducing.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A tear drops to the floor as Loken gets one of his snipers ready. I'm about to die soon anyways, maybe you guys can get away if I hold off. If I come with you then I will just slow you down and noone might make it. You guys need to survive to complete the mission. I should live long enough to take some of them out or make them come after me. As he says these meaningless words he patches himself up to stop the bleeding with his medi kit.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[75] medicae
    (1d100)[44] toughness: I think im supposed to roll a toughness if I fail cause I'm dead because I'm below 0.
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-03-23 at 06:39 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nonsense! No sacrifice of life is necessary, I am confident in our abilities." Hack says in his booming robotic voice, "This threat shall be exterminated!" he emphasises the last bit by holding up his shotgun.
    Spoiler
    Show

His Meat-Hammer now has a name, The Exterminator.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

"We stand together, Mr Loken!" called Pius, laspistol held out before him. "Where weakness is death, we shall crush our weakness with the weight of our pride."

The chainsword revved in his hand. Standing between the pool of slime and the captive, he fixed his eyes on the altar.

"Now then... let's see what our deranged friend was planning."
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-23 at 07:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia nods, making sure fresh clips are in the consecrator. "We stand together here... if we let whatever's coming get loose while we run away - then we will have failed our mission."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody: Your Wish is my command!

The gathered muck begins to swirl at the center of the ritual pit.

Where the alter once stood, now a maelstrom of unholy slime turns endlessly.

Suddenly, the buzzing intensifies turning completely unbearable: the sound of a thousand insects fills the room.

The slime gathers again for a single instant, only to take the shape of a gargantuan arm holding a massive sword. It that slams the weapon down on the ground besides Pius.

Moments, a gigantic ball and chain is ejected from the spinning storm and another hand soon follows, placing its open palm on the side of the Commissar.

The muck then explodes, throwing Pius backwards, and from its depths a blasphemous howl, mockery of a newborn's wails, echoes across the room- soon devolving into an unnatural cackle.

As the laughter subsides, and you wipe the slime off your eyes... you begin to make out the massive silhouette of the creature standing at the center of the room.

Its diseased form is bloated and corpulent, having toppled down the pillars at the center of the room simply by virtue of being summoned. Its sword and flail are both rusty and coated with a thick layer of foul pus. Hundreds of bone spikes protrude from its body, and several more crown its rotting head. Its fangs are yellow, and numerous tiny eyes surround a single pitch-black massive eye-ball at the center of its head.

"It is most kind of you to summon me, my children..." The deep voice gloats as the massive creature turns around, looking down on each and every one of you...

"Please forgives my trespass... I am still unaccustomed to these... new... surroundings..." It continues, its abnormal tone of voice perverting the very air around it.

"But you may now rejoice... for you are in the benevolent presence... of Father Nurgle... the Great Corrupter..." It laughs heartily, shaking the entire underground chamber.

"Come to me, so that you may receive my blessings... and your inevitable reward..."

Spoiler
    Show

[OOC: Fear... 3 (2 for Xanthia).... as you realize... that your all... pretty] much... doomed...]
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-23 at 08:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Very well then, fight together we shall. Loken reloads both of his guns, and takes out his knives. He then lays prone looking towards where the enemy is coming from.
    Faith in the Emperor.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

"Faith in the Emperor is its own reward, daemon," called Pius, readying his weapons. "And no man died in his service that died in vain."

Stepping back against the pillar, he raised his chainsword to defend.

"Hack! Loken! OPEN FIRE!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fear... 3 (2 for Xanthia).... as you realize... that your all... pretty much... doomed...
    Gee, wouldn't it be great if someone had taken Fearless. And Iron Discipline too, so everyone else can re-roll!

Pius will stand his ground, and try to hold the beast's charge - he won't charge it until Loken and Hack have had a chance to shoot it.

In game terms: if my turn comes before its, Defensive Stance, readied Reaction = Parry. If its turn comes before mine, and it charges me, Guarded Attack, readied Reaction = Parry. If its turn comes before mine and it goes after someone else, charge! (Readied Reaction = Parry )

Oh, and a Fortune Point to re-roll the Parry if it fails.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-23 at 08:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack walks boldly up to the beast, "Ah, Father Nurgle, so good of you to come. As a matter of fact I have a blessing for you" he says as he get's close. "Now let's see, where was it again? Oh right, here it is!" BLAM!!
    Spoiler
    Show

BS: (1d100)[19]
    Damage: (3d5)[5][4][5](14) +6

30. - Top - End - #480
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ignoring the reload action he starts firing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[61] to hit

(1d10)[4] for damage

(1d100)[39] to see if he craps his pants from seeing this hiteous beast.
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-03-23 at 08:35 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.