New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Idyll Heresies [IC]

Loken starts climbing to the top as fast as he can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[69] plus any bonuses or what ever, I think I use strength and the harnesses and grapple gives a bonus I think.
    Faith in the Emperor.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

ROUND II:

Everybody In the Alley:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pius slashes his sword, sweeping the floor: it strikes the thug's unprotected leg, tearing trough it. Heavily wounded, he drops to one knee: still dazed by the psyker's blast, his senses do not register the pain just yet.

Listening to Xanthia, Sabrina is able to nod in recognition as her senses come back to her. She attempts to mumble to an apology, but has not quite completely recovered.

Cipher is no doubt planning something devious, or perhaps enjoying the fruits of his success, while Hack his positioned himself perfectly: a swing of his sword will no doubt finish off his opponent.

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    Climbing up to the roof, using the stairwell as support, you make it up to a large platform. Running to its edge, you see Finial fleeing in the street. You can attempt to run after him until the end of your rooftop and the beginning of the next, jumping onto the next seems rather easy, due to the huddled nature of the houses.

[OOC: to follow Finial, Agility +30 to keep up on the roofs]

Round III: Final round, someone put Gun-thug out of his misery:
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-27 at 01:40 AM.
    "Have You seen the Yellow Sign?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

Amazing avatar of "The King In Yellow" by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

"Mercy is a sign of weakness."

Raising his whirring chainsword, Pius brought it hacking down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chainsword attack: I presume my bonus has gone back to just +10 for Hulking.

To hit: (1d100)[47] vs. 50
    Damage: (1d10+5)[15], (1d10+5)[6] (pick the best)

I hit something! Twice!
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-02-27 at 05:15 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia doesn't lower the gun, but she steps forward slightly (though not within hand-to-hand range). "It's been a crazy day, but I think there are some positive things that have come out of it. I'm sure you can go about your business once this is over, and while all your people fled, you remained... that should give you more status within your own group. Also, we don't even really care about these guys... so once we've taken care of them, you can always claim that your group took them out - defending your territory."
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken runs as fast as he can to catch up and cut off Finial and capture him for more information if needed. He runs a safe distance from the edge to prevent being seen by Finial. Loken also gets one of his knives ready for when the time is right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[96] for when I jump across the buildings if I need to.
    Faith in the Emperor.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pius's chainsaw roars with righteous furry as he brings upon the Thug, the latter raises his gun to shield himself for the Commissar attack but the chain-sword rips trough it, breaking it half, and continues on to rend the brute's flesh apart, spewing blood all over the alleyway.

Meanwhile, Hack stabs at the final henchman: he slumps over, dead, without ever having regained a semblance of sanity.

With the combat over, and thanks to Xanthia's pep-talk, Sabrina regains her senses.

"I... I don't know what to say... we got lucky, I guess: thank you. Knowing Simion, we were not going to get out of this alley alive: he'd have his thugs shoot us down as soon as Finial got back from his place with the word. Listen, maybe it is time to get out of this dump: I can tell you where the Floating markets are this time. But i am going to give you a piece of advice: going there looking the way you do" She says, pointing to the Commissar
    "and it won't be three minutes before somebody sounds the alarm: the place'll close down faster then you took down those thugs. You should watch though, if your messing with Simion: he's a dirty one, got his hands in everything. You head down to Subsector 13, like I said. Once your down there, find the nearest sewer grating: there should be a sign like so scribbled on it" She pulls out a pocket knife and carves a peculiar symbol on the nearby follow. "Follow those, and you'll be down in the Floats in no time. If you need anything else..."

"I think you'll be seeing me back on your ship, "Inquisitor""She says to the commissar. "Before Malfi goes to hell..."

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    You follow Finial along the rooftops, keeping a close eye on where he's going: unfortunately, he ducks into a nearby alleyway! Squinting to see where he went, you notice he's slipped inside a sewer grating.

Unfortunately, as you had been watching Finial, you failed to notice the ledge in front of you: you tumble over it, landing in a trash-receptacle.

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: You fall off the rooftop! But fortune smiles upon you: there was another trash-receptacle, and it was full: it absorbs quite a bit of the impact. You only take (1d10+3)[13]-3 (for the bin) damage.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-28 at 12:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken struggles to get out, but manages to do so. He lands on his stomach and starts to get up. Then there was this long streak of puke that lasted for the longest 10 seconds of his entire life. He felt something by the butt cheeks, if felt weird, aparently when he fell he was so scared that he crapped his pants. Loken then gets up and starts looking around to see if anyone was watching and just dumps his giant crap with the trash.Well that's embarrasing, the others don't need to know this story. However I should come up with an excuse of why I didn't capture Finial He whispers to himself.
    Faith in the Emperor.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Commissar,” said Pius. “Not Inquisitor. My colleagues and I are simply doing the Inquisition’s work.” He nodded at her decision. “I hope to see you at the recruiting station – when our work here is done.

Gesturing for the others to follow, he turned to leave the alley. As he left, he touched his cap towards the woman.
    The Emperor is watching.

[hr]

Outside, Pius turned to the others.

It looks like we have a new lead. If this Floating Market lives up to its name, there's little time to be lost. Unfortunately, we still don't know the witch’s heading – and despite our friend’s advice, I’m afraid I don’t have a change of clothes on me.

He turned to Cipher.

If you will take Hack and Loken to the market, Xanthia and I will investigate the Terrace. Keep channel gamma open on your comms – the call-word for confrontation will be ‘Ticks,’ for confirmed contact with the sorcerer, ‘Gagne’. At either one, the absent group is to make all haste to assist the others.

He looked back over his shoulder.

I will contact the Arbites bureau to send another disposal team to deal with Gagne’s victim.” Looking back, he paused for a moment. “Where is Loken?
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-01 at 02:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"It might be wise then, if stealth is our objective, for me to remove my adeptus robes in favour of something less conspicuous." Hack says as he cleans the gore off his sword using the least stained portion of the dead brute's clothing. He draws his shotgun and absentmindedly starts to reload it as he walks over to the line of autoguns left behind by the scum, "And a fortuitous set of circumstances has left us with some merchandise to peddle at these "Floating Markets""
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia nods, pointing, "Don't forget the sign you are following." She turns to follow Pius, but pauses briefly first - checking and grabbing any extra ammo from the pile that will fit her guns.

ooc - hence an ic reason to not have counted ammo. ;)
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

[OOC: Waited and waited and still no post from Cipher, so were moving on, at least with team 2]

Idyll Ecstatics:

Xanthia and Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    You soon arrive at the hotel without running into further trouble. The lingering aura of sin hangs in the smoke around the four towers of this sprawling hotel. The front is hidden beneath ashen gray mirrors coated in a grime of the none-too-distant chemical factory's spumes perverting any images like some enormous fun house display, behind this facade awaits a series of nondescript rooms let to fictional identities, false "nom de plumes" adopted by slumming nobility seeking privacy for their debauchery.

two doormen stand at the front, dressed in long heavy coats.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-03-02 at 08:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Buttoning his coat over his weapons, Pius looked sideways at Xanthia.

"I believe this is your province, Miss Xanthia. The stage is yours."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Returning back to the alley way where the fight was, thinking that they were still fighting, Loken checks to make sure everything is in tact and stuff. When Loken gets back, he passes the group to get his grapple. Guys, I am sorry I lost Finial, and don't mind the stench. Once I come up with an awesome story, I will let you know how I lost the runnin bastard. Anyways, it looks like you were able to handle your situation here. He starts packing his grapple in his bag.
    Faith in the Emperor.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    When you return, only Hack and Cipher are left. I am sure they are going to want to inquire as to where Finial has gone.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia nods and assumes an interesting expression. Suddenly she looks bored beyond words and yet with a look of contempt. She walks toward the guards with a very steady gait, like someone who is feeling unstable, and so measures every step carefully. She smiles at the guards waving off-handedly at her Administratum robes, "Excuse the costumes - but you know he changes the party themes on a whim. Have the festivities begun yet?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia and Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    The doorman glare silently at each for a moment, then turn back to the lady.

"Excuse me miss, but which party will you (and your guest) be attending?" One of them asks. The smile they offer you is disingenuous, as if forced on constant occasions: no doubt they are running more on protocol then anything else.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia smiles, blinking slowly, "Why, the only party for bored but beautiful souls. Didn't Liam let you know we'd be coming."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia and Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Twelfth floor, miss."

The doormen open the doors, letting both of you inside. The hotel lobby is impressive: a massive front desk dominates the room. Statues lines the hallways, along with portraits: all of them covered by strange and extravagant masks.

Sitting before a large screen, a woman, also with her face conceals, waits for visitors.

At the end of a hallway, there is a lift.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia walks toward the elevator as if she didn't even see the servant behind the desk. She presses the button to summon the lift and turns to Pius, the bored smile lingering there. "You'll just love Liam's parties... he just loves to push things to the edge... and beyond."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia and Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    The lift doors open: it was already there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack looks up from examining the quality of the autoguns. "Ah, you have returned, now we can make preparations to go to this "Floating Market" Hmm, a change of clothes..." he looks down at the dead brutes, seeing if their clothes might serve to cover his armour at the very least. "I see you have covered for yourself quite nicely with the smell of garbage and feces, Loken, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine." You can't tell but you think he might look amused, if that's at all possible.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack, Loken and Cipher:

Idyll Marketeering

Spoiler
    Show
    Heading over to the sewer gratings in subsector 13, you encounter no further trouble. Luckily, Hack's experience proves useful as he's able to navigate the underground tunnels with relative ease, aided by the graffiti drawn about the walls.

Soon after they stumble upon an open area, filled to the brim with people. Yelling and talking, pushing each other around as they move about.

Making your way trough the crowd, you notice at the center of the market something odd: A five meter wide square, marked with chipped white paint.

Hack recognizes it for what they are: intended originally to designate the proper positioning of thermal coupling repair and regulation machinery, they also serve to determine the danger zone.

[OOC: Hack, perception test to notice the exact nature of the danger]

However, a throng of people have gathered inside the square: they are the loudest, as they yell out their bargains.

Potentials costumers walk in as the sellers shout out offers with buzz words, waving picts as they try to get the best possible deal before fainting under the strain of the dangerous conditions: It is the hot spot, the center of all deals, taking the phrase: "hot deals, over in minutes" literally.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia shrugs when Pius makes no comment and enters the elevator. As soon as he comes in, she will push the button for the 12th floor.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia and Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    You enter the lift, close the doors and it rises up to the twelfth floor. As soon as the doors open again, you are surrounded by a cacophony of sound. Loud music composed of throbbing bass lines running beneath the tortured wails of a harpsichord fills the space, rendering regular conversation impossible.

The hallway itself is lined with opens doors and crowded dark rooms beyond.

At the end of it, a larger then average door is closed and leads to suit 1200.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia moves through the hallway, followed by Pius. She enters suite 1200 and begins looking for Liam Kensington.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia & Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    As you open the door, you get a good look inside the room. Though the lights are off, you can see a thin streak streaming from underneath another door at the end of the room.

In your way, you can barely make out the contours of lust drunk ecstatics either pawing at each other or coupling, frantic and frenzied.

The switch for the lights is nearby, to your right.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia pulls out her multimask, lacking the typical face coverings of the other guests and wears it, activiating the visor. She offers Pius her hand and leads him past the writhing bodies to the lit doorway. Once she gets there, she opens it. She steps in, and to the side, putting her back to the wall as she looks around.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia and Pius:

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Apologies, I forgot you had your visor on: I will describe the scene in detail now, mostly for Wiz's sake :P]

Trough your visors, you are able to tell that the going-ons have evolved into far more then simple dark room shenanigans... Lovers are driven past any consideration, turning rough and bloodthirsty. Dark passions, dripping scratches, bloodied knives, and weeping bites are no stranger
    here. They ignore you fully as you pass by, behaving more like living dolls then anything human. Their glassy eyes are wide and staring into space, as though seeing into some world removed from this realm of flesh and its tortures. Though they do not speak, the sound of their orgiastic rutting is like some unholy choir, imploring the attention of something wholly heretical...

Opening the door to the inner suit reveals something more horrifying then you could imagine...

The gala has degenerated into blood sports.

In the main room, a lone madman bangs away at a harpsichord, performing tuneless renditions of classical pieces, while a collapsed beat box music system runs on, endlessly repeating looped bass lines. Four cellists have abandoned their instruments, and three of the members run their bows across the fourth's opened ribcage; all bob their heads to inaudible music.

The dance floor is awash with blood and a dozen collapsed dancers. Dressed in once fine and colorful gowns and occasional masquerade masks, these victims lie far apart from each other, and are in the process of mortifying their flesh. Many wear eerie grins as they peel the flesh from limbs or chew holes through their own cheeks. Two weep inconsolably, staring at their bloody hands as though the flesh were somehow horribly transformed. One wails in singsong fashion with the music, her plucked eyes resting on the floor like macabre marbles.

A sizable pair of door awaits at the end of the room.

[This scene is rather horrifying: -10 fear test as you witness these people fully basking in their murderous rampage!]

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear Test: (1d100)[73] vs. 31-10 = 21, I edited out the shock roll as instructed, hence the message...

Xanthia is leading Pius through a darkness filled with erotic noises. As the door opens, her hand clenches his and she begins to shake, seeing whatever it is he cannot, the noises from here are more disturbing than erotic. Then her grip loosens somewhat and her motions steady as she leads him through the new room. There is an odd reaction... as her body language now seems to indicate she is getting into what she is seeing.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-03-04 at 01:36 AM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack adjusts his new outfit, slings the autoguns over his shoulder, wrapped as they are in his priest robes, and shoulders his way into the crowd, looking about for anything of note.