New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Adventures in Fallcrest - IC

Lucan - Half-elf bard/MC ranger

Silently cursing his inability to keep up, Lucan turns to the two guards. "Sirs, you're letting those criminals get away. I would very much like to tell your captain that you assisted rather than hindered us when we talk to him tomorrow."

Spoiler
    Show

Use Words of Friendship:
    Diplomacy - (1d20+17)[30]
    And an extra +1 if Eltain's close enough for that half-elf aura to be in effect

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

@Lucan

The two guards quickly snap to attention and step out of the way, saluting. A few moments after you pass, you hear the Half-Elf mutter to himself"Hang on a second...." followed soon by an curse in elvish, followed soon by "QUICK, AFTER THEM!"

The three of you are through the gate and headed after the cart, with the guards in pursuit behind you.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Acrobatics (1d20+11)[16]

Like a leaf on the wind, or in this case, a rock on the wind, the Shepherd balances himself against the tilting cart. A sort of mildly puzzled, somewhat condescending look cross's Shep's face. He very calmly positions his hand next to the Dragonborn's head.

(OOC: Making my attack roll in the next post, since I can't edit in dice rolls.)
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-11 at 04:23 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394

Spoiler
    Show

Using Crane's Wings, provided Pavick is not on the opposite side of the Dragonborn.
    Attack vs. Fortitude [roll]1d20+6[/b]
    Damage (1d10+5)[10]
    (See OOC thread for fixed attack roll). The attack pushes the dragonborn 1 square, which would be out of the cart.

Shep holds his hand next to the Dragonborn's temple for just a moment, before very casually, and very directly flicking the creature's skull with his middle finger. The sudden impact makes a triumphant *THOCK* as it connects with the hard surface, and the sudden blow knocks the dragonborn clear out of his seat.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-11 at 04:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

OOC: Rolling a saving throw for the Dragonborn to see if he gets pushed out of the cart. I'll wait on continuing the actual narrative until I see what happens to Pavick

Saving Throw:(1d20)[2]

- edit - Yeah....he'll be falling out of the cart...
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-11 at 05:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics (1d20+1)[15]

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick manages to shift his weight quickly enough to keep with the wagon as it tips precariously. A loud curse escapes the gnome's mouth as everything seems to be happening at once. "Oh well, I guess it's time," he mutters to himself. He takes aim at Ramel and suddenly the air around the dragonborn fills with tiny blades of force.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2010-05-11 at 05:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan tries to unlimber his longbow as he runs, shouting to the others, "Hey! Are the guards good guys or bad guys? Should I shoot them or what?"

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Shep's blow knocks the dragonborn free from the cart, and the horse soon slows down. As Pavick's magical daggers bite into his flesh, his eyes take a murderous light as he recognizes the gnome's treachery. Drawing an obscenely large sword from his scabbard, his eyes narrow. "This ends now."

MAP:
    Spoiler
    Show

Char Tokens:
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Shepherd (C5)
    Eltain (G16)
    Lucan (H20)
    Aramil (H15)
    Parick (C4)

Half-Elf Guard (H23)
    Dockworker (H7)
    Ramel (C7) 18 total damage
    Human Guard (G23)

Cloud of Daggers in C7
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-12 at 01:34 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399

The Shepherd - Goliath Monk
    HP 34/34, AC 20, Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 16

The Shepherds stands up to his full height, easily matching Ramel's, but he has not quite the same bulk as the dragonborn. He steps down from the cart, and mirroring his opponent, he gingerly brings forth his crook, and sets the butt on the ground next to him. He nods his head to Ramel, accepting his challenge.

Shep moves as a cobra, stillness followed by a blur of blinding motion. The staff in his hand jumps from his side to the side of Ramel's head.

Spoiler
    Show

Crane's Wings
    Attack vs. Fortitude: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[17]
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-13 at 01:55 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Treat them as neutral until they attack."

Aramil keeps moving forward, snapping his fingers as a beam of light encircles and marks the dockworker. "Let's dance."

He then makes an abrupt turn, charging down the Dragonborn to help cover Shep and Pavick.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Walk to G9.
    Minor: Mark Dockworker with Aegis of Assault.
    Standard: Charge to D8, attacking Ramel.
    Attack v AC - (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage - (1d8+7)[12]

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

HP 24/36 AC 18 Fort 14 Ref 14 Will 17

Lucan follows Aramil's advice and ignores the guards to focus on the thug. He surges forward, and stops just long enough to draw his bow and fire an arrow at him. A short, mocking musical verse leaves his lips as the arrow fires, bringing ill luck should it land.

"Oh, wait," he says suddenly. "Are we trying to take them alive?"

Spoiler
    Show

Minor
    Draw bow if I haven't managed already

Move
    Move to I14

Standard
    Attack Dockworker with Jinx shot
    Attack v AC - (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage - (1d10+5)[14]
    If hit, next time Dockworker misses before end of Lucan's next turn, he falls prone

I considered using Rhyme of the Blood-seeking blade to turn Shepherd's miss into a hit, but since I hadn't gone yet in the initiative, I don't think I can use an immediate action yet.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

"If so, oops," Lucan says, as his arrow hits dead on.

Spoiler
    Show

Crit damage - (1d6+15)[20]

Kind of wished I used a more powerful attack there, but I didn't want to waste it on the dockworker. I figured he wasn't worth using up an encounter power.
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-05-12 at 02:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 30/30 - AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 17

Pavick spins around to face the dockworker. With a quick wiggling of his fingers and a few words, a beam of cold energy shoots out and chills the man's muscles, making movement difficult.

Spoiler
    Show

Ray of Frost on dockworker (if dockworker goes down, he'll shift it to Ramel) (1d20+6)[21] vs. Fort, Cold damage (1d6+4)[5] and target is slowed.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain - 32/39 21/14/16/17
    Eltain, figuring his allies have the two at the cart taken care of, turns his attention to the guards suspiciously, approaching them.

"I have reason to believe the dragonborn and his companion are involved in illegal activities... Though it also looks like at least one of you may be in on it. I'm... Disappointed by that. But I'm well aware of the lure of gold, especially if you've a family to feed. I won't say anything if you help us."

Move to G20
    Diplomacy: (1d20+13)[18]
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post
    The Dragonborn easily ducks under the swing of Shep's Shepherd's crook, and gives a smirk at the goliath. "Ah, someone my own size. This will be fun.

Eltain's words cause the two guards to pause, the human looking to his half-elf companion questioningly. "Maybe we should.." he begins, but the half-elf interupts him"You help me stop them now, or I'll see to it that your wife finds out about what you did at last year's Harvest festival." The human guard's eyes widen, and he raises up his halbard, and they both fix their eyes on the half-eladrin.

Lucan fairs better than the Shepherd, as his arrow bites deeply into the side of the dockworker, sending a stream of blood from his perforated kidney.

The sound of footsteps behind Ramel allow him to whirl around from Shepherd to block the attack from the Eladrin. He gives a grin "You'll have to do better than that."

Even as the dockworker tries to hold in the torrent of red streaming from his side, cold bolts from Pavick dig into his feet, slowing him and wounding him even more.

The Half-Elf guard pulls out a longsword in his right hand, and a dagger in his left. Stepping up to the Paladin, he starts off with a strike with the longsword, and quick as a viper moves around to the back of the Eladrin and makes a stab with his dagger. The Paladin's armor is enough to turn away the longsword, but the dagger manages to find it's mark: (8 damage)

The Dragonborn gives a chuckle. "This is how it's done," and brings his sword down hard on the Eladrin. (12 damage - marked - slowed - bonus to hit & damage for himself and allies - save ends). Even as he finishes that attack, his blade flashes twice again, piercing Aramil again, as well as digging into the leg of the Goliath (Aramil: 14 damage Shep 14 damage. He turns away from the Eladrin, looking at Shep and Pavick. "Never touch my cart." he growls, and from his mouth a burst of acid spews forth on the two of you (although the horse manages to avoid it, somehow). (Shep: 10 damage Pavick: 11 damage)

The dockworker hobbles away, and takes aim at the Eladrin who placed this beam of light around his feet, and fires. The shot is good, and seeing the Eladrin beaten by his ally gives the dockworker a bit more confidence and his arrow strikes truer than it normally would (9 damage)

The Human Guard moves up to between the gates, and gives the Paladin an apologetic look. "Sorry about this..." and strikes with his halberd, slicing open Eltain's leg, and knocking the Paladin to the ground. (9 damage - prone)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Shepherd bloodied(C6) - (24 damage)
    Eltain bloodied(G20) - (17 damage - prone)
    Lucan (I14)
    Aramil bloodied(D8) - (35 damage - slowed - marked [save ends])
    Pavick (C4) - (11 damage)

Half-Elf Guard (G19)
    Dockworker Bloodied(J6) 25 total damage
    Ramel (C7) 18 total damage
    Human Guard (G22)

Attack Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Half-Elf Guard:
    Longsword Attack vs. Eltain's AC (1d20+11)[20] Damage: (1d8+4)[5]
    Dagger Attack vs. Eltain's AC (1d20+11)[27] Damage: (1d4+4)[8]
    Recharge: (1d6)[3]

Ramel:
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+14)[28] Damage: (1d12+9)[12] - marked - slowed - +4 damage bonus and +1 attack bonus for allies (save ends) )
    Recharge: (1d6)[3]
    Action Point
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+12)[26] Damage: (2d6+5)[10] +4
    Attack vs. Shepherd's AC (1d20+12)[23] Damage: (2d6+5)[14]
    Attack vs. Shepherd's Ref (1d20+12)[29] Damage: (1d6+5)[10]
    Attack vs. Pavick's Ref (1d20+12)[32] Damage: (1d6+5)[7] crit - 11 damage

Dockworker:
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+9)[28] + 1 Damage: (1d10+4)[5] + 4 (from dragonborn)

Human Guard:
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC (1d20+10)[27] Damage: (1d10+7)[9] - prone
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-26 at 09:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406

HP 10 + 5/34, Resist 2 all, AC 20, Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 16

Both sword and acid in combination leave Shep looking rather worse for wear. Blood oozes from the gash in his leg, and his skin is marred by dark, burned patches. With the back of his hand, he wipes the blood forming in the corner of his mouth. Very slowly, he sinks into a ready position, bringing his crook before him with one hand, his other hand held vertical and straight next to it. The Shepherd leaps with inhuman speed and grace; in his flight he loops the crook around his foes neck, and violently uses Ramel as an anchor point to rapidly swing around him in a dizzying blur. He relinquishes his hold on the dragonborn to suddenly sweep the same crook about in a similar arc, an inch from the ground, knocking into his feet. As Ramel's balance falters, Shep quickly supports himself on the ground with both hands and brings his two sturdy legs into Ramel's face, one after the other. The motion from the kicks drives Shep backwards into a roll, into a safer position some feet away.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Stoneskin Robes (5 temporary hit points)

Standard Action: Drunken Monkey
    Attack vs. Will: (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[10]
    Should this hit, Shep slides Ramel to B7 and he has to make a basic attack against himself with a +1 bonus.

Action Point: Standard Action: Eternal Mountain
    Attack vs. Fort: (1d20+6)[21]
    Damage: (2d8+7)[11]
    Ramel is knocked prone.
    Full Discipline Move Action: Shep gains resist 2 to all damage, and shifts to E6.

Free Action: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows (on whichever attack hits), 6 extra damage to Ramel.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-13 at 12:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan hurries forward, singing a song of healing to help Aramil, before firing an arrow at the still standing dragonborn. The arrow hums with power, threatening to leave the dragonborn open to Lucan and his allies. If only it hadn't missed.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Move to L8

Minor
    Majestic word
    Surge+4 healing to Aramil

Standard
    Use Prophesied strike on Dragonborn
    Attack v AC - (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage - (1d10+5)[6]
    If hit, next person to attack rolls twice and takes better result
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-05-13 at 03:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain - 24/39 23/16/18/19
    Eltain drags himself to his feet, grunting.

"It's not your fault," He says to the human guard. He glares at the half-elf.

"You. I should have known. And another of Father's children, no less. How dare you spit in His face by bringing such ugliness and threats to the world?" He attacks the half-elf but the attack goes pathetically wide and he groans, trying to pull himself together.

Spoiler
    Show

Ardent Vow on the half-elf because he has pissed Eltain off. +7 to my damage roll if this hits and every time I hit him until the end of the encounter he's subject to my divine sanction until the end of my next turn.
    Righteous Smite: (1d20+9)[10] vs AC
    (2d8+12)[23] and if it hits I get seven temp HP since none of you are within 5 of me.
    Action Point, Second Wind.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-05-13 at 05:09 PM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 19/30 - AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 17

Pavick's small tenor voice joins in Lucan's song, adding a harmony part meant to help the large, rocky shepherd.

He shifts his focus back to Ramel, realizing he is the greatest threat. His fingers fly furiously over his orb in a complicated series of gestures. He is attempting to cast two spells in quick succession. First, the air surrounding him bursts into a hundred tiny blades of force that attempt to shread his scaly flesh. Then, a pair beams of blue-white energy flies out of the orb, one directed at Ramel trying to hold him in the blades as long as possible, and a second directed at the dockworker he'd struck before.

Finally, he jumps off the side of the wagon, ducking behind the wooden frame and attempting to make his way north.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Action: Majestic word to assist Shep. He can spend a healing surge regaining his normal amount + 3. Shep can also slide one square.

Standard Action: Cloud of Daggers on Ramel's square (1d20+6)[21] vs. Reflex doing (1d6+5)[9] force damage and anyone entering or starting their turn in the square take 2 damage until the end of my next turn.

(Action Point) Standard Action 2: Icy Rays directed at
    Ramel (1d20+6)[12] vs. Reflex, (1d10+5)[7] cold damage and immobilization until the end of my next turn and
    Dockworker (1d20+6)[18] vs. Reflex, (1d10+5)[9] cold damage and immobilization until the end of my next turn.

Move Action: Jump off cart and move north. I'm not sure how far he can get after having to get off the cart, but he'd like to get to D1 or so.

Also, if Pavick looks like he's about to get hit again he'll cast his shield spell.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2010-05-13 at 06:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410

That'll bring Shep up to 21 + 5/34, and he will take that slide to put him at F6.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil: 20/41, 7/10 surges remaining, AC 21/Fort 14/Ref 16/Will 16

Aramil spits out blood as he frowns at the towering Dragonborn. "Well, well, well. You don't mess around at all, do you? Too bad that means I'll have to kill you harder." He ignites his sword in front of Ramel, then swings wildly, before leaving a magical "parting gift" and vanishing. He reappears with his burning sword in the dockworker's gut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Burning Blade on Ramel.
    Attack v AC - (1d20+11)[12] (assuming the guy's prone) (PHAIL)
    FIRE - (2d8+5)[13]
    Effect: All of Aramil's melee attacks deal +2 FIRE damage.

Minor: Aegis of Assault on Ramel.
    Move: Fey Step to I7 and assault the Dockworker
    Attack v AC - (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage - (1d8+9)[15]

Saving Throw - (1d20)[15]
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2010-05-13 at 10:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM POST

Ramel easily ducks Shep's first attack, but the combination of the Shepherd's Crook behind his legs and the feet in his face prove too much for him, and he is knocked to the ground.

Eltain's attack goes harmlessly wide, and the Half-elf guard sneers. "It doesn't appear that serving 'our Father' is working out too well for you."

Despite being prone, the Dragonborn is able to collect his wits about him quickly enough to roll out of the way of Lucan's arrow, sending the arrow *plunk*ing into the ground less than an inch from his head. He looks at the shaft of the arrow in front of him, gives a growl, then a short, loud whistle.

In Aramil's injured state, he telegraphs his attack openly, giving Ramel time to bring up his sword in an easy block. The dockworker, however, is taken by complete suprise when Aramil appears next to him, with his sword through the dockworker's midsection with a burst of flame

The dockworker stares down at this wound but the flame is soon put out as a blast of ice from Pavick tears into him, and sends him to the ground in a heap.

The daggers that Pavick conjures tear into the Dragonborn, who lets loose a growl of pain.

The Half-Elf guard, hearing the whistle, glances back over his shoulder. He gives the Paladin a smirk."Sorry I'm needed elsewhere." He stabs Eltain, sliding back as he does so, then moves quickly down the path towards the swordmage. Luckily, Eltain's armor is thick enough to turn the blade. When the guard gets down the road a ways, he looks back over at the human guard. "You'd best remember where your loyalties lie, and who the Captain is going to believe."

Ramel stands up, the tiny daggers conjured by Pavick still stabbing him, and with a roar he charges the Swordmage. (Shep, you can take an Opportunity Attack), however, his rage makes his swing go wide, and Aramil is able to dodge it with ease.

The Human Guard looks at the Paladin in front of him with a look of suprise, and curiosity, but rather than attack him, he scoots around him to join with his companion. (Eltain, you can make an Opportunity Attack)

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

By hzurr at 2010-05-14

Note: Damage listed below is what you've taken this round, not your total

Initiative:
    Shepherd (F6)
    Eltain (G20)
    Lucan (L8)
    Aramil bloodied(I7)
    Pavick (D1)

Half-Elf Guard (H12)
    Dockworker (J6) dead
    Ramel (C7) 46 damage (18 + 17 (Shep) + 9 (Pavick) + 2 (Cloud of Daggers))
    Human Guard (H16)

Ramel
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+13)[15] Damage:(1d12+5)[6]
    Recharge: (1d6)[6]
    Immediate Reaction - NOT TRIGGERED
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC (1d20+14)[24] Damage:(1d12+9)[10]
    Half-Elf Guard
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC (1d20+11)[22] Damage:(1d8+4)[9]
    Recharge: (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-14 at 11:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan figures that the dragonborn is the greatest danger, so he takes aim and starts firing, shooting arrows as quickly as he can. His arrows fly wide, however.

Spoiler
    Show

Oops, that's not really where I meant to go. Looks like I typed the wrong number, but I guess it's good enough for now.

Standard
    Use twin strike on Dragonborn
    Attack v AC - (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage - (1d10+1)[10]
    Attack v AC - (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage - (1d10+1)[9]

Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-05-14 at 11:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #414

HP 21 + 5/34, AC 20, Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 16

The dragonborn rushes past Shep, startling him with his juggernaut-like gait. Thrown off guard, he attempts to smash the back of his hand into Ramel's face, but his hesitation slows his movement and his hand does not connect with flesh. The Shepherd shakes his great head, clearing his muddled thoughts; he steels himself and ducks swiftly into the fray. He swings his crook upwards with furious serenity, which bites the back of Ramel's head. As the blow strikes, the Shepherd spins, whipping the great staff about in a sudden burst of thudding blows.

Spoiler
    Show

Opportunity Attack
    Attack vs. AC: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]

Move Action: Shift to G7

Standard Action: Crane's Wings
    Attack vs. Fort: (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[17]

Free Action: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows; 6 extra damage.

EDIT: I didn't add in the +2 flanking bonus to Shep's attack, but I don't think it matters.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-14 at 12:30 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil 20/41 HP, 7/10 surges, 21 AC, 14 Fort, 16 Ref, 16 Will

Aramil considers this ludicrously tough warrior for a moment, then mocks him. "Tag, you're it." He strikes with flaming lightning, then bolts across the field with another stroke.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Dual Lightning Strike against Ramel.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+11)[25]
    Hit: (1d8+7)[15] fire and lightning damage, and Ramel is marked by Aramil until the end of his next turn.
    Free Action: activate the Warmage's Uniform's power: Shep gets a +1 power bonus to attack against Ramel until the end of Aramil's next turn.
    Effect: Teleport to I12 and attack the half-elf.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+9)[28]
    Hit: [roll=1d8+7[/roll] 9 fire and lightning damage, and the half-elf is marked by Aramil until the end of his next turn.

Move: Shift to I13.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2010-05-14 at 02:15 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain - 24/39 21/14/16/17

Eltain shrugs as the man passes him. "Not your fault." He takes off after the half-elf, calling upon Corellon for guidance as he does so, determined to have his vengeance upon the man, and strikes at him, missing horribly again. A cold, dark feeling settles upon him and he wonders if perhaps his god has forsaken him for his continual failures.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: E15
    Minor: Bless Weapon on my sword, until the end of the encounter I get a +1 to attack rolls and do an extra 1d6 radiant damage on a hit.
    Standard: Charge the bastard, ending in G13
    Virtuous Strike: (1d20+12)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[10] (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-05-14 at 03:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 19/30 - AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 17

Pavick moves up closer to the other combatants, though still attempting to keep a distance from Ramel. He ducks around the wagon and advances to the south. He pauses his dash just long enough to send another blast of cold air at the nearest guard. A quiet curse escapes his lips as the shot goes wide of his intended target.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: to A6
    Standard: Attack (1d20+6)[14] on the half-elf guard with a ray of frost doing (1d6+5)[8] cold damage and slowing him.

Still planning to use Shield spell if it comes up.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2010-05-14 at 04:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

The blows from Shep's staff send the Dragonborn doubling over in pain, even as Lucan's arrows sail over his head. The sounds of Eltain's failure is drowned out as Ramel screams in pain from the slice of Aramil's sword, followed immediately by a similar cry from the Half-Elf Guard

As Ramel recovers from the attacks, his eyes lock in on the swordmage. "Him first, wait for my signal." He shouts to the two guards. Before he moves, he turns to Shep. "Don't think you'll be forgotten, I'll be back for you as soon as I rip your friend's throat out with my teeth."

He moves forward, and again swings at Aramil. (Opportunity Attack from Shep) (19 damage - slowed, marked, enemies get bonus to hit and damage). The attack digs deep into the Eladrin's side, nearly bringing Aramil to his knees.

The two guards move forward in unison to flanking positions, The Human swings for the legs, attempting to trip the swordmage. 20 damage - prone). This attack proves too much for Aramil, tearing muscle and sending entrails and blood splattering across the ground. The Eladrin collapses, and gasps, inches away from taking his last breath. The Half-Elf, seeing the swordmage fall, turns his attention back to the Paladin. "So tell me, will your "Father" save your friend?" he asks with a cruel laugh. He tries to use his attack to throw Eltain off-balance, and give Ramel another opportunity to attack, but is unable to strike the heavily armored warrior.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Shepherd (G7)
    Eltain (G13)
    Lucan (L8)
    Aramil unconscious(I13) (39 damage this round)
    Pavick (A6)

Ramel bloodied (I12) 84 damage (46 + 23 (Shep) + 15 (Aramil))
    Human Guard (J14)
    Half-Elf Guard (H12) 9 damage

Attack Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ramel
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC: (1d20+14)[26] Damage: (1d12+9)[19] (slowed, marked, allies get bonus to-hit & damage)

Possible Free Attack: Attack vs. Eltain's AC: (1d20+13)[15] Damage: (1d12+5)[13]

Human
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC: (1d20+12)[28] +1 Damage: (1d10+7)[16] +4 (from Ramel's bonus)

Half-Elf
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC: (1d20+13)[18] Damage: (1d8+4)[8]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-14 at 07:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419

HP 21 + 5/34, AC 20, Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 16

Fate can be cruel, she is temperamental at best. There seems to be a dark cloud obscuring all of Shep's movements, and through his dizzy haze his strikes blunder where they were once true. He directs his eyes upwards, slightly askance, a somewhat doubtful query to the heavens. Is this some sort of divine retribution for his many years of opposing goat sacrifices?

Spoiler
    Show

Opportunity Attack
    Attack vs. AC: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]

Move Action: Shep moves to I11

Standard Action: Five Storms
    Attack vs. Reflex against Ramel: (1d20+6)[15]
    Attack vs. Reflex against Half-Elf Guard: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[8]

Free Action: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows, 6 extra damage. Provided the attack hits Ramel, he'll use the flurry on him. If not, well, no flurry.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-14 at 06:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

"You've gone too far," Eltain snarls. "How dare you...!" He swings his sword back, slashing at the half-elf with all the strength he can muster, shouting his god's name as he does so, calling upon his god to smite this hateful infidel who has brought one of the eladrin to death's door. Eltain's sword blazes with blue fire as he attacks the half-elven guard with it. He then moves to Aramil's side to try to stop the bleeding, but is unsuccessful.
    "Lucan! Help Aramil!" He calls.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Divine Challenge on half-elf
    Standard:
    Majestic Halo: (1d20+10)[22]
    Damage: (3d8+5)[18] (1d6)[3] and half damage even if it misses, and until the end of the encounter anyone starting their turn next to me is subject to my divine sanction until the end of their next turn.
    Move: Shift to H13 next to Aramil
    Action Point: Heal to try to stabilize him
    (1d20+3)[12]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-05-14 at 07:31 PM.