New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] Adventures in Fallcrest - IC

Lucan - Half-elf bard/MC ranger
    HP 24/36 AC 18 Fort 14 Ref 14 Will 17

Lucan gasps as Aramil goes down. He quickly sings a hopeful verse, sending his healing energy at him and sliding him out of the worst of his predicament. He then fires an arrow at the dangerous dragonborn.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor
    Use Majestic word on Aramil
    Heal surge + 4, and slide to H14

Standard
    Use jinx shot on Ramel
    Attack v AC - (1d20+8)[13]
    Damage - (1d10+5)[11]
    If it hits, the next time he misses before the end of my next turn he falls prone

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard
    HP 19/30 - AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 17

Pavick continues to circle the battlefield. He continues a little further to the south, stopping just beyond the patch of rough vegetation. His gnomish instincts keep him near cover, figuring he can always dash in and hide if things go bad.

He concentrates hard on the orb, speaking a few more arcane words. A small ball of nearly-invisible force shoots out of the sphere at the top. It flies at Ramel and if it hits will explode into razor sharp shards. Instead, it flies past the dragonborn shattering several feet beyond him and does a nice job of trimming the grass. Pavick slaps his open palm against his forehead.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: to A9

Standard: Force Orb (1d20+6)[8] vs. Reflex. If it hits it does (2d8+5)[16] force damage and does secondary attacks against all adjacent enemies.
    Secondary Attack (1d20+6)[22] vs Reflex, Force Damage (1d10+5)[10]

Still planning on using Shield if it comes up.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2010-05-14 at 08:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

When Lucan sees Shep attack the dragonborn and missing, he launches a quick arrow to try to make up the difference.

Spoiler
    Show

Immediate Interrupt:

Use Rhyme of the Bloodseeking Blade on Ramel
    Attack v Reflex - (1d20+8)[20]
    Damage - (1d10+5)[8]
    If a hit, it'll lower his defenses by 5 against Shep's attack

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aramil staggers back up, his voice calm with anger. "Idiots. All three of you." He spits out blood. "Even on the ground bleeding I'm more a man than any one of you. It took two of you to bring me down once.

...And you, dastard, don't you dare mock Corellon. If the dog pulling your chains didn't have such brute-like strength, he would never have pierced my shield-magic."

Spoiler
    Show
    Stand and Second Wind.
    Free action: taunt like a badass.

Turn-end stats:
    24/41 HP, 5/10 surges, AC 23, Fort 16, Ref 18, Will 18

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

As Shep steps forward to attack the Dragonborn, a quick arrow from Lucan causes Ramel to leave a gap in his defenses that allows the Monk to strike true against both the Dragonborn, and the Half-Elf.

Eltain, filled with the power of his god, brings his sword down hard on the Guard, sending him gasping for air as the blood pours from a deep gash on his arm.

While Lucan's shot goes wild, his magical healing to the swordmage earns him an evil glare from the Dragonborn.

While Pavick's shot goes wild, his distance from the center of combat has kept him from earning the enmity of anyone, yet.

The Dragonborn, furious at the again-standing swordmage, as well as the Paladin who placed an odd divine compelling on him, launches forth against both of them with a two quick swings, both going wide. Even as he does this, he gives a jerk of his head towards Lucan "Keep the archer occupied, we'll handle this group."

The Human guard carefully backs away from Aramil, and charges Lucan with a wicked slash from the Halberd (9 damage - marked)

The Half-Elf, still hobbling from Eltain's last attack gives another slash with his longsword, using it as a distraction so he can slide around and make a jab with his dagger. The longsword attack goes wild, but the dagger digs just deep enough to send a trickle of blood down Eltain's leg (7 damage). The Dragonborn, seeing an opportunity, attacks the Paladin again, this time his blade meeting flesh, and opening up the Paladin for more attacks from his allies (14 damage, marked, slowed, and allies of the Dragonborn have a bonus to hit & damage - save ends)

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Shepherd (I11)
    Eltain bloodied(H13) - (21 damage total)
    Lucan (L8)
    Aramil(I13)
    Pavick (A9)

Ramel (bloodied) (I12) 109 damage total (84 + 8 (Lucan) + 17 (Shep))
    Human Guard (K10)
    Half-Elf Guard (bloodied) (G14) 38 damage total (9 +8 (Shep) + 21 (Eltain)

Attack Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ramel
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC: (1d20+13)[15] Damage:(2d6+5)[11]
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC: (1d20+13)[16] Damage:(2d6+5)[10]
    Immediate Reaction, if anyone gets bloodied:
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC: (1d20+14)[22] +2 (flanking) Damage:(1d12+9)[14] (marked, slowed, bonus for allies)

Human Guard
    Attack vs. Lucan's AC: (1d20+10)[29] Damage:(1d10+3)[9] (marked)

Half-Elf Guard
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC: (1d20+11)[17] Damage:(1d8+4)[8]
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC: (1d20+13)[26] Damage:(1d4+4)[7]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-15 at 01:28 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain groans, knowing that his death is near and seems nearly inevitable at this point, but unwilling to yet give up the fight.

"Corellon, guide my sword, and may you have mercy upon his soul when his time comes," he mutters as he tries to attack the half-elf one last time.

Spoiler
    Show

Going after the half-elf since Shep and Aramil have Dragonboy flanked.
    Valorous Smite, might as well use the other encounter power before I go down: (1d20+10)[20]
    (2d8+5)[18] (1d6)[3]
    If I hit and took him down, trying to knock him out rather than kill him.
    Shift to I14.
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-05-15 at 03:39 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick shakes off his last miss. "Okay, this one's gotta work..." he mutters as he lets fly another ray of cold energy. His target is the half-elf that Eltain fights, it looks like the paladin could use a little help.

Once again, his shot misses by quite a lot. He growls in frustration. His continuing misses seem to be frustrating him so much that he feels like he's in a downward spiral. Every miss frustrating him more, and every added bit of stress makes him more likely to miss.

Spoiler
    Show

Ray of Frost (1d20+6)[11] vs. Fort. Cold damage (1d6+5)[6] and slowed.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2010-05-15 at 10:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Shepherd - Goliath Monk
    HP 21 + 5/34, Resist 5 all, AC 20, Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 16

The cloud around Shep's head clears, and his eyes shine bright with renewed vigor. He sidesteps, and taps great Ramel on the shoulder.

"Pardon me a moment."

As the dragonborn turns to look, the sight of a thick piece of wood not an inch from his face greets him; the crook strikes him right between the eyes. Shep takes this moment to become airborne, landing two kicks into Ramel's unguarded back and then uses the broad surface to push off and soar towards the guard behind him, spinning his crook with precise wild abandon.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Shift to J11

Standard: Five Storms
    Attack vs. Ramel's Reflex: (1d20+8)[26]
    Attack vs. Human Guard's Reflex: (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[14]

Minor: Stone's Endurance

Free: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows, 6 damage, targeting Ramel.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-15 at 12:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Forgot a Saving Throw - (1d20)[6]
    "Just as I figured. Without your little pals, you're much less threatening."
    He strikes again with lightning and fire, hoping to distract the juggernaut just long enough that Shep can finish him off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Lightning Clash on Ramel
    Attack v AC - (1d20+9)[15]
    On Hit: (1d8+7)[14] lightning and fire damage, and the Human takes an attack:
    Attack v Ref - (1d20+9)[26]
    Hit: (1d6+5)[6] lightning damage

Minor: Aegis of Assault on Ramel

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

HP 15/36 AC 18 Fort 14 Ref 14 Will 17

Instead of retreating, Lucan drops his bow, draws his sword, and steps in. "You should have retreated," he says. His sword hums with barely contained music as it slashes at the guard. And misses by a mile. Lucan glares at the sword. "You're making it very hard to be intimidating!"

Spoiler
    Show

Free action
    Drop bow

Minor action
    Draw Harmonic Songblade Longsword - Wield two handed (+1 damage from versatile)

Move action
    Shift to K9

Standard action
    Attack with War Song Strike
    Attack v AC - (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage - (1d8+6)[9]
    Any ally who hits him before end of next turn gains +2 temp hp
    Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-05-15 at 08:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM POST

The whirl of Shep's crook and feet prove to be too much for both Ramel and the Human, and they stagger back in pain. Nearly simultaneously, Eltain's blade sinks deep into the flesh of the Half-Elf guard, causing him to double over.

Lucan and Pavick's shots both go wild, as the apple trees that they're standing under distract them with their lush blossoms.

Aramil's swing also goes wide, but his point is made as Ramel quickly sizes up the situation. He turns to the half-elf and quickly barks "Hold them off!" He again makes two quick swipes at Aramil and Shep, before taking off towards the cart. The large Goliath is able to duck under the swing with ease, but the blade sinks deep into Aramil's leg, again sending blood spewing. (18 damage) (Shep, Aramil can make an Opportunity Attack on Ramel as he moves away)

The Human Guard looks at from Lucan to the fleeing Dragonborn, and takes a step back. He hesitates for a moment, debating what to do, before swinging again at the Bard. The swing is only half-hearted, and Lucan is able to dodge it with ease. He turns away from you, clearly preparing to run.

The Half-Elf guard, barely standing, gives a nod at Ramel's order. With a cruel smile, he throws his dagger at the Paladin, and moves to stand between Aramil and Ramel. The dagger goes harmlessly wide, but he draws another from his belt as his eyes dart between Eltain and Aramil.

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Shepherd (J11)
    Eltain - bloodied - (I14)
    Lucan (K9)
    Aramil - bloodied - (I13) 18
    Pavick (A9)

Ramel (bloodied) (I12) 129 damage total (109 + 20 (Shep))
    Human Guard (L11) 14 damage total
    Half-Elf Guard (bloodied) (G11) 59 damage total (38 + 21 (Eltain)

Attack Rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ramel
    Attack vs. Aramil's AC: (1d20+13)[32] Damage: (2d6+7)[18]
    Attack vs. Shep's AC: (1d20+13)[18] Damage: (2d6+7)[16]

Human Guard
    Attack vs. Lucan's AC: (1d20+10)[13] Damage: (1d10+7)[17] - prone

Half-Elf Guard
    Attack vs. Eltain's AC: (1d20+11)[16] Damage: (1d4+4)[8]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-16 at 11:07 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain isn't about to let the half-elf get away, and closes the distance between them, swinging his sword. His swing strikes true, if not strongly.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to G12 since I don't think I'm far enough away to charge, attack.
    Virtuous Strike: (1d20+10)[27]
    (1d8+5)[7] (1d6)[3]
    Last edited by Nai_Calus; 2010-05-16 at 10:37 AM.
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity!
    Attack - (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage - (1d8+9)[16]

"Shep, chase him down... see if you can't get him."
    Aramil limps towards the human guard and strikes. "Forced or not, you're still an accomplice to that dastard's crimes."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to K12, use Booming Blade.
    Attack - (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage - (1d8+7)[12]
    On hit, if the human moves away he takes (1d6+1)[3] thunder damage.

HP: 6/41, AC 20, Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 16
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2010-05-16 at 11:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

HP 15/36 AC 18 Fort 14 Ref 14 Will 17

Lucan hesitates as the guard retreats, but when Aramil moves in and attacks, he hastens forward. "Running is not the answer," Lucan says. "Surrender and you'll be spared."

If the guard does not, Lucan attacks, but twists the blade to hit with its flat.

Spoiler
    Show

Delay until after Aramil's turn

Move
    Shift to K10

Standard
    Use War song strike vs. guard
    Attack v AC - (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage - (1d8+6)[11]
    If hit, +2 temp hp to anyone who hits him before end of my next turn
    If reduce to zero, knock unconscious rather than kill.

15. - Top - End - #435

The Shepherd - Goliath Monk
    HP 21 + 5/34, AC 20, Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 16

The blade soars over Shep's head as he ducks nimbly backwards, and then springs back to his feet. Shep speeds after the Dragonborn, his arms trailing behind him lightly as his great strides bring him closer and closer to his opponent. As the distance closes, he brings his crook before him, calm retribution eminent in his serene gaze.

"You've been a naughty goat."

The crack can be heard like a shot through the clearing as the Shepherd's mighty crook collides with the back Ramel's thick head.

Spoiler
    Show

Opportunity Attack
    Attack vs. AC: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]

Move: Chasing to E7

Standard: Crane's Wings
    Attack vs. Fort: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[12] 17 + 4
    Pushes Ramel to E8

Free: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows, 6 damage.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-16 at 12:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick mutters to himself. "Gotta keep him from getting back to his bosses." He snaps his fingers as an idea occurs to him and he dashes off toward the cart, ducking under the reigns.

Suddenly, he spins around. "I may not be able to hit a moving target, but a stationary cart seems easy enough." He casts a spell, centering it on the leather straps and wood connecting the horse to the wagon. The air in the area springs to life, filled with hundreds of tiny daggers of force that shread the leather and wood.

He reaches up and slaps the horse on the rear end shouting "Giddyap!" or whatever other command he'd heard Ramel use to get it moving earlier. His hope is that the horse is able to tear itself free from the weakened bindings. In case it's not, he stands ready to attempt to dodge out of the way of the runaway cart.

Spoiler
    Show

Let me know if I'm trying to do too much here. This all seems within the rules to me, but I'm not completely convinced that I'm right. Either way, this action will require a lot of DM adjudication, I think.

Move: to C4 or B4 (see below)

Standard: Cast Cloud of Daggers on the restraints (probably in B4 from the looks of the map though if the majority of the restraints are in C4, he'll move to B4 and cast on C4) According to the rules I found, I doubt I'll need an attack roll, but here's one in case you require it (1d20+6)[12] vs. Reflex. Force Damage is (1d6+5)[8] and will continue to do 2 points to that square until the end of my next turn.

Minor: Try to get the horse moving. It looks like Handle Animal has been folded into Nature in this edition. Reading through the description, I don't think something as easy as moving a trained animal will require a roll, but here's one in case you want it. (1d20+8)[19]

Let me know if you need me to change anything or give you any other rolls. Pavick will still be ready to use his shield spell in case he needs it.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2010-05-16 at 03:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Ramel is able to slip past both Aramil and Shep as he runs towards the cart, but just as he thinks his escape is clear, the sharp crack of Shep's crook makes him growl in pain, but this growl is short lived as the crook catches him around the neck, and slings him back, putting the Goliath firmly in between him and the cart.

Moments later, the Half-Elf finally pays for his blasphemy, as Eltain's attack beats through his defenses, and sends him collapsing in a heap.

With a thunderclap, Aramil's blade finds the human guard, piercing deep and drawing blood. Seeing the half-elf fall, the human responds to Lucan's demand, and immediately drops his halberd, and raises his hands in surrender.

A loud splintering noise covers up whatever the guard may have said, as Pavick's spell rips through wood and leather. The horse is quick to obey the gnome's command, and begins trotting off.

As the horse moves away, Ramel looks up as his plans fall to pieces. "No..." he mutters softly to himself, his breathing labored by his wounds. As he stares at the fleeing horse, he shifts his gaze to the creature who set the horse free, and his eyes lock onto Pavick. "YOU! THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU DAMNED WIZARD!" and with a scream of rage, he runs up onto the cart and swings his sword at the gnome's head. (Shep can make an Opportunity Attack)) The sword bites deep, dropping Pavick in a heap on the cart. (19 Damage, unless Shep drops him with the OA)

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:
    Shepherd (E7)
    Eltain - bloodied - (G12)
    Lucan (K10)
    Aramil - bloodied - (K12)
    Pavick - unconscious - (C4) - 19 damage

Ramel (bloodied) (I12) 148 damage total (129 + 27 (Shep))
    Human Guard (bloodied) (L11) 26 damage total (14 + 12 (Aramil)
    Half-Elf Guard (dead)

Attack:
    Ramel
    Attack vs. Pavick's AC: (1d20+14)[25] Damage: (1d12+11)[19]
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-17 at 12:28 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If Shep doesn't drop Pavick...

Aramil appears by Ramel with a lightning-fast step. "The gnome is under my protection. Get off."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Reaction: Aegis of Assault: Teleport to flank and basic attack.
    Attack - (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage - (1d8+9)[15]

19. - Top - End - #439

A stony expression forms on Shep's face as the dragonborn again tries to rush past him. He extends his hand as Ramel attempts to pass, causing him to slam straight into his stone-like fist.

"You keep running away from me. Stay put."

Spoiler
    Show

Opportunity Attack
    Attack vs. AC: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7] 11 + 1

If that doesn't connect, or finish him off...

Move: Shift to E6

Standard: Crane's Wings
    Attack vs. Fort: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[14]

Free: Stone Fist Flurry, 6 damage.
    Last edited by Haberdashery; 2010-05-16 at 10:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

As Ramel charges towards the gnome, his rage blinds him to the large fist of the Shepherd. Between the force of the Goliaths fist, and the momentum of Ramel's movement, the impact between the stone hand and the skull of the dragonborn gives a loud *CRACK*, and Ramel falls to the ground, his rage filled eyes glossing over as his final breath escapes him.

The human guard looks at the the fallen warriors around him, and at the party, and gives a shudder, obviously fearing whatever fate awaits for him.

OOC: Wooooo! Everyone gets an action point, and an additional use of a daily item power.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-17 at 12:33 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan sighs in relief. He'd been worried for a moment, being out of healing, at all the close calls he'd seen. He gestures to the human guard and says to Aramil "Can you watch him?" Then he heads over to the half-elf guard and checks him for signs of life. If he's still alive, he stabilizes him. He does the same for the other enemies.

Once he's done that, he circulates through them again, checking their gear and the wagon for anything valuable.

"We should take a moment to rest," he says, once he's done.

Spoiler
    Show

Don't forget that Lucan's song of rest gives you an extra +4 hp for healing surges spent during a short rest.

Lucan will spend 2 surges to bring himself to max

Stabilize (if they're still alive):
    Half-elf Heal - (1d20+8)[20]
    Ramel Heal - (1d20+8)[22]
    Dockworker Heal - (1d20+8)[18]

Search people
    Perception - (1d20+10)[24]

Search wagon
    Perception - (1d20+10)[19]

Last edited by DSCrankshaw; 2010-05-17 at 12:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Eltain crouches over the half-elf.

"You mock me and my god, but know this: Even at my weakest, even when you think you have the upper hand, I am stronger by far than you will ever be. I fight to defend all that is beautiful in this world, but you seek only to sully it and fill it with ugliness. I pity you, and I will pray for you, that Corellon might show you the error of your ways and allow you to find beauty and renewal."

He stands and turns to the human guard. "I hope my companions have not injured you too much." He turns to the others and fills them in on what he heard from the terrified guard earlier.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pavick - Gnome Wizard

Pavick jumps up and down then jogs in place for a moment, burning off the adrenaline that was still in his system. "Wow! That's was great Shepherd! I saw my little life flash before my eyes when that guy started toward me. But then you went all Bam! Boom! Ka-POW!" the gnome exclaims, accenting his words with fake staff swings at the air. The last Ka-POW is followed up with a high kick, that goes a little out of control and Pavick ends up on his backside in the grass. He can't help but laugh at himself.

Once he's regained his composure, he says, "We've gotta figure out what to do about this cart too. Take it back to our employer? Still haven't found out exactly where they were going. I was just told it would be out of town in this direction a little further. I did get some other good info though. Once we've rested up, someone will have to go after the horse too. Hopefully it didn't run too far."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pavick will spend 1 healing surge while he is resting in the grass. I believe with Lucan's bonus this will bring him to full.

24. - Top - End - #444

The Shepherd beams at the little gnome, and gives a polite bow.

"Thank you, my friend. You are very kind. Truly, I wish I were as gifted as you to wield such magic as you do!" He smiles kindly, But I am afraid I am just a simple shepherd."

Spoiler
    Show

Spending 1 healing surge which brings Shep to 33/34. No use spending a second healing surge for 1 hit point.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Of course." He turns toward the human guard, his voice exasperated yet even. "I do hope you won't struggle. I get impatient when I'm trying to not die, and I'd rather not have to explain to your wife why I had to clean your guts off of my blade."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Burning 3 of my last 5 surges to get back to full. I suggest we turn in for the night ASAP.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

Ramel and the Dockworker are both very dead, but Lucan is able to patch up the worst of the Half-Elf wounds. The guard's eyes flutter open, only to see Eltain standing over him. He listens to what you say, and you can see his eyes fill with rage, but he doesn't respond.

The human, on the other hand, gives a weak nod to the Half-Eladrin. "Eh, no more than I deserved..." he trails off, and looks at the bodies on the ground. "So...what are you going to do with us?" he avoids looking at either Lucan or Aramil, but focuses his attention on the Paladin, although his eyes can't help but be drawn by the sight of Shep and Pavick talking to one another.

Lucan, as you search the bodies, the first thing out of the ordinary that you notice is Ramel's armor. As you pull the armor off of him, you see it reshape itself to your form, hinting at it's magical power. Upon closer examination, you clearly see an inscription in elven on the back collar:
    Spoiler
    Show

A gift to R'ven, knight of Ioun, in honor of your continual sacrifices.

Armor properties:
    Spoiler
    Show

Armor of Sacrifice
    This plain set of plate armor appears to offer no apparent defensive value, yet they aid your allies when they suffer.

Level: 5
    Armor: Plate
    Enhancement: +1 AC

Power (At-Will): Minor Action. Use this power when you are adjacent to an ally who is subject to an effect that a save can end. The ally is no longer affected, and you now have the effect. You cannot make a saving throw against this effect until the end of your next turn.
    Power (Daily • Healing): Minor Action. Spend a healing surge. One ally within 5 squares of you regains hit points as though he or she had spent a healing surge.

In addition, you find the pouch he was carrying earlier, and inside is 3 platinum pieces, and 50gp.

On the dockworker, you find a small flask with a glowing blue liquid, and nearly 90gp
    Arcana: DC 12
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a potion of Healing. Probably one that he had meant to use for himself. Awkward....

Searching the cart reveals something much stranger. The cart is filled with barrels and boxes of strange plants and herbs. Some contain leaves and roots, some are filled with very odd mushrooms that you've never seen before. In addition, there is a tankard of liquid, and on the side is a very clear marking in dwarven ruins indicating to avoid fire.
    Last edited by Hzurr; 2010-05-18 at 12:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan tells the others what he found in the cart. He is scratching his head as he does so, uncertain what it all means. He also describes the items he found.

"Do we know where it was going?" he asks. "We really should have captured someone who did." He looks at the prisoners they did capture. "And maybe we should tie them up."

Spoiler
    Show

Arcana - (1d20+5)[15]

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

OOC: Sorry, to glean any information about the stuff in the wagon, make an arcana check, and a nature check

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucan stares at the stuff in the wagon again, wondering what it's for. Thinking this hard is giving him a headache.

Spoiler
    Show

Arcana - (1d20+5)[14]
    Nature - (1d20+8)[25]

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

DM Post

@Lucan
    Spoiler
    Show

You recognize most of the various roots and leaves from the surrounding country side (although there are some you've only heard of, but not encountered). The mushrooms are something you've never seen before, but based on the smell, and the coloring, you suspect that they were grown in the underdark. You know that some of the roots can be ground up and processed into an opiate.

In some of your bardic studies, you remember that some of these roots are used in various arcane mixures, but you're not certain about the details.