New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Solomon Kane] Red Vengeance

"On the same topic, it would also be useful to know when these deaths began to occur. One can't very well conduct a proper investigation in to the matter without all the details."
    "Er, couple o' days ago? Time dun' matter very much, doesit, they're dead now." The man takes another long swig out of his cup.

2. - Top - End - #32

Keys quaffs his ale, putting his boots up before the inn's fire. "Sure'n the wind takes the heat right out o' ye. Does a soul good ta abide someplace warm." He casts a jaded and world-weary eye about the tavern. "Far be it from an outsider ta ask you ta air the town's dirty laundry fer all ta see, but a man has ta know - who'd be the most like ta gain from tha passin' o' all these gentle folks? Be they all o' tha same family, or all deeded to pass their belongin's to tha same place in case o' an unnatural demise?" He shrugs and takes another long swallow of the ale. "Once ya can figger who profits from summat like this, the culprit's right enow easy to finger."

Currently DMing:
    In the Emperors' Hand

3. - Top - End - #33

Cassavir D'hanna

Getting tired of the elusive nature of the man addressing Oswyn, Cassavir takes it into his own hands using his own charms to sort things out. "I think what the good Doc is saying is that he would like to take a good look at one of the dead. You'll have to forgive the bluntness but there was no warning outside of your village of this blight. Whatever you folks are dropping dead from is not something I'd like to get myself, if you catch my drift."

His smile is almost priceless as he adds a hearty pat on the shoulder along with his comment.
    "Wow, the Eberron campaign setting is just a three dragon manwich." -- An extremely disturbed tabletop group.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack Vaux-Harrowden

Jack looked around at his traveling companions, friendly, charming smile still illuminating angelic face. Amateurs. Fine, *be* guileless. I suppose it's quicker, and when you inevitably anger the wrong people I can always just say I barely know you and we were just traveling together for a few days. Hold on. I *do* barely know you and we *were* just traveling together for a few days. Ha...I guess I'm so used to lying even I don't believe me anymore. He looks at the tavern patrons. "I can't say all this talk of corpses and plagues and devils in the night makes my ale taste any better. I'm sure the good doctor will get everything figured out soon enough, he's a real scholar. Or something, I didn't really ask. Who's for a game of darts?"
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna need some more direction from you guys as to where you are taking this investigation.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Oswyn Valentine

The Doctor's finger twitches in annoyance, trailing an irritable groove across the sturdy curing of his leather satchel. His gaze snaps towards the local at the bar, jaw set with lack of patience, curbed only somewhat by Cassavir's quick comment.

Straightening his collar Oswyn stands, carefully packing away the valuables of his hobby. Thin lipped he smiles, speaking dryly and with clipped, barely concealed frustration, "That is precisely what I'm saying. I must make a study of the afflicted, or failing such seek out the local authority to be granted permission to exhume one of the recently deceased to ascertain the nature of this affliction. Though should this reveal itself to be the machinations of some 'devilish' conspiracy..."

He pauses, addressing his sword wielding companion, "... I would feel far more comfortable with a competent sword at my side, Mr. D'hanna. It doesn't do to waste good shot, after all."

Swiftly he makes for the door, only to pause, waiting patiently, "Am I to wander like a suckling lamb fresh to the world, or will one of you gentlefolk show some much coveted initiative while you still hold my patience? While I personally don't have all day, this village might not last that much longer if some possible contagion is allowed to roam where it will. Now if you please..."
    Last edited by Chromatism; 2010-02-20 at 11:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

One of the villagers gets up swiftly, stumbles a step to the right, then straightens himself up. "If yer lookin' for answers, you...you should go ter th'magistrate. I can take yer'.

He walks out the door, not waiting for you to follow him.

8. - Top - End - #38

MindFlayer

Brother Gregory

Quickly draining his cup, the old monk gets to his feet and draws his cloak around him before heading out after the villager.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack Vaux-Harrowden

Jack excuses himself and gets up to follow the man.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

10. - Top - End - #40

Keys rolls his eyes as the man leaves. It's no skin off my nose, he thought. The doctor'll talk to the magistrate, and things'll be resolved while I sit here warm and comfortable with a stein of ale and my boots by the fire.

Then a peculiar thing happens - Keys' ear starts to twitch. The longer he sits, the more he starts to wonder just what that magistrate might possibly have to say. With a muttered oath, Keys vaults up and leaves to follow, the sole comfort as he leaves the building and runs out into the cold after the villager that he 'forgot' to pay for his drink.

Currently DMing:
    In the Emperors' Hand

11. - Top - End - #41

The villager leads the group to the door of a sturdily built brick house, and pointed at the door, before stumbling away through the darkness.

12. - Top - End - #42

MindFlayer

Brother Gregory

The aged monk raises his walking stick and uses it to rap on the door. He then draws his cloak around him to keep the chill wind out of his old bones.