New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    I might submit a character or two, though not for a little while. Mostly villains, since I haven't played many and could use the experience.

Two things:
    I noticed that not all of the Swordsmen seem to own one of the original seven swords. Have I read correctly, or are all the weapons accounted for?

How would a character work who can teleport, but only at night? I was thinking Shoku member - he could fill a role similar to Zetsu.
    Welcome, the kidney removal welcoming ritual will begin shortly.

I don't think the swordsmen have to use one of those, those who do likely do becasuse their creators liked them.

Depends on how far he/she can teleport, and what else he/she can do.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

I might submit a character or two, though not for a little while. Mostly villains, since I haven't played many and could use the experience.

Two things:
    I noticed that not all of the Swordsmen seem to own one of the original seven swords. Have I read correctly, or are all the weapons accounted for?

How would a character work who can teleport, but only at night? I was thinking Shoku member - he could fill a role similar to Zetsu.
    Kind of like with the Tailed Beasts being different, the Swords are different as well (Shiro's Kusanagi is nothing like the one Orochimaru uses, for instance).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Well, Leech already fills the Zetsu-role to a large degree...
    Leech fills a role quite unlike Zetsu in fact. In fact, there is no logical parallel between Leech and anyone in the Akatsuki. The Shoku and the akatsuki are totally different styles of the same beast, its pretty hard to say
    "X is the Y of the Shoku"

Prime, that sounds good to me. I'd love to see him
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kind of like with the Tailed Beasts being different, the Swords are different as well (Shiro's Kusanagi is nothing like the one Orochimaru uses, for instance).
    I think Prime is talking about how Motah had his swords crafted instead of inheriting a sword from a former Swordsmen, and if that IS the case then I have no idea if they are all accounted for. Very little in-game definition has been given to Kirigakure.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

If that IS the case, I smell incoming plot!

@Innis: Good point. But Leech IS their closest member.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Sword concept
    Spoiler
    Show
    An ornate hilt which forms a blade from the water around it. The wielder can transform the blade into ice or steam as he wishes, or use it to drain the bodily fluids of an opponent.

Teleporting character concept
    Spoiler
    Show
    A man whose body is obscured by heavy black clothing. He is actually made of living shadow, and is harmed by light (by extension, he is most vulnerable to Fire and Lightning element jutsu). He can, however, regenerate his body over time if part of it is destroyed.

Techniques
    Shadow Possession Jutsu

Shadow Teleportation Jutsu: He slowly sinks into a shadow and emerges in another shadow elsewhere. Can only be used in darkened areas which he is aware of. He cannot do anything else while entering or leaving a shadow, and he is severely wounded if a shadow is destroyed while he is inside it. Might be able to bring targets of his Shadow Possession with him.

Night Clone Jutsu: A variant of the Shadow Clone Jutsu. Since he is made of shadow, he splits himself rather than creating a solid image. His power is divided evenly depending on the number of clones (eg. if he splits in three, each will be one-third as strong as the original). While his bodies cannot travel very far from each other, he will not die as long as one of them is alive. Killing a clone will result in its power being redistributed among the others, but also the damage it took.

Earth-style Ninjutsu: He is capable of mid-level earth style techniques. He will sometimes use them to create small underground caverns which he can enter with his Shadow Teleportation Jutsu, in order to lick his wounds or set ambushes.

Taijutsu: While his combat ability is normally poor, if he removes his heavy clothing he can extend his limbs and form claws similar to those created by the Shadow Sewing Jutsu. With their bulk removed, he is also more agile. He seldom does this, however, since this greatly reduces his defences.

Genjutsu: None, surprisingly.

One more character concept
    Spoiler
    Show
    A serial killer with an extremely dangerous bloodline but no ninja training. Essentially, he can make people explode by touching them. If any villainous factions offer to train him and grant him more power, he is likely to take them up on that offer.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-02-22 at 02:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Looks good to me Prime
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Looks good to me Prime
    If he ever gets a partner (do Shoku do that?), I can see it being a fire-based guy who happens to know a jutsu which creates clouds of black smoke. This is the only one of his techniques he appreciates.

Might he work as an Oto jonin?

Also, right after writing up this guy, I remembered...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-02-22 at 03:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129

The top members of the Shoku act more or less independent of one another.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

On elements, I wanted to point out a set of elemental combinations I've seen which cover just about any ability.
    (No, I didn't post it - that guy just has good taste in avatars )
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Master Level Elements

these elements are gained after four separate levels of training for the average Joe Schmoe

1. master control of chakra to the point where you can mold shape and form
    2. master transforming chakra into an element, one of the five basic elements
    3. master the use of the basic chakra to the point where you require less than half your chakra to form that basic element
    4. use the other half of your chakra to form a second element

WARNING: The weaknesses and strengths listed here do not necessarily mean that all users of a particular chakra element will always beat or lose out to any other users of another element. Of course skills other than the applications of these elements go into a ninja battle and anyone can lose to anyone else if they aren’t careful.the weaknesses and strengths are rather defined here as the natural affinities of the elements and would basically be the result of forming each element into a ball and throwing them at each other, creativity is what secures victory, the lack of which causes defeat in our forums threads, these elements are guidelines and are only to be used in the inspiration of bloodline limits for clans, NO NINJA CAN JUST WAKE UP WITH THE ABILITY TO USE THESE ELEMENTS

Combustion, Neton (Fire + Advanced Fire): the combustion element masters the ability to burn given materials, wind users can’t face this element and hope to have a chance, in fact even normal water will not put out the flames created by this chakra, only a level two combination of water with another element can hope to dowse these flames, Weakest against Liquids, Strongest against Sound

Poison, Dokton (Fire + Wind): This Element is the potent combination of Fire then Wind that allows for the complete control of toxic gases and poisonous substances, the user creates them by burning the materials needed for recipes of death and uses wind to direct and funnel their smoke wherever they want... in it’s earlier stages it allows for thick clouds of gas, in it’s crueler higher skilled attacks can be invisible or otherwise detected too late after the victim is caught in the users clutches... weak against water then fire based chakras, but strong against wind then lighting based chakras... Strongest against Light, Weakest against Mist...

Plasma, Purton (Fire + Lightning): the “Element of the Sun” as it is refered to... it is a potent mix of Fire then Lightning chakra that allows one to create a substance that has the brightness and burning power of the Sun... burns from this substance are extremely painful and are not wholly healable for people who are lucky, or unlucky enough to survive an assault by users of this formidable element... It is rumored that this element is the end result of the Uchiha Bloodlines abilities in chakra formation but that rumor is to date unconfirmed... weak against water then wind type charkas, but strong against wind then earth chakras... Strongest against Phasing, Weakest against Ice...

Magma, Maton (Fire + Earth): this chakra affinity allows the user to summon from the ground molten earth and control over the substances movements... this deadly fusion of Fire then Earth can create a landscape of ash and fire, but will fee water based charkra attacks if they get careless... weak against water then lightning attacks, strong against wind then water attacks... Strongest against Shadow, Weakest against Acid...

Steam, Joton (Fire + Water): This mixture of the forces of Fire then Water in chakra give the user ability to create clouds of vapor that are actually boiling hot... they can control geothermal upwelling and also manipulate the steam into forms allowing for potent and painful illusions... weak against water then earth attacks, strong against wind then fire attacks... Strongest against Flight, Weakest against Diamond...

Sound, Oton (Wind + Advanced Wind): The combination of wind then wind allows for the free control of air particles, creating, destroying or otherwise manipulating sound, regular flames will not work against sound as it is too powerful a force to stop with just a fire... only level 3 combinations that include Fire can hope to combat this formidable attack... Weakest against Combustion, Strongest against Magnetism

Light, Toton (Wind + Lightning): This balancing of wind then lighting energies, allows for users to alter the hues of the colors around them, create beams of light, and also electrocute enemies... the principle is by controlling wind and mastering the separation of different chemical elements of the air such as Neon for example, and then exciting that substance with electricity, one can manipulate, and create light energy... weak against fire then lightning charkas, strong against lightning then earth charkas... Strongest against Gravity, Weakest against Poison...

Phasing, Souton (Wind + Earth): This technique allows by controlling the molecules of substances for the free passing of persons or objects through other matter... by using both wind then earth chakra together one can control all of the particles of matter that make up their surroundings, and allows for interesting variations that include the Kaguya Clans ability to make the bones of their body grow and change their attributes, and another variation in the sound brothers Ukon and Sakon who can rematerialize themselves in one or two bodies at will... weak against fire then lightning, strong against lightning then water... Weakest against Plasma, Strongest against Storm...

Shadow, Kagton (Wind + Water): this element comes from the ability of users to use control over the air and the transparency of its vapors to manipulate and control shadows... By mixing wind and water charkas one can create a link between their own and another’s chakra... the famous application is the Nara Clan’s Shadow Possession techniques that use shadows to bridge a link between them and a victim allowing for the control of movement... weak against fire then earth charkas, strong against lightning then fire chakras... Strongest against Radiation, Weakest against Magma

Flight, Hiton (Wind + Fire): This element is the mastery of the creation and control of hot air a.k.a. Thermals... by controlling winds and air temperature with chakra users of this element can use this ability to make flat buoyant objects fly, it allows for fatiguing and dehydrating wind attacks, and also this ability allows for the bending of light into genjutsu mirages... weak against fire then water attacks, strong against lightning then wind attacks... Strongest against Shock, Weakest against Steam

Magnetism, Jiton (Lightning + Advanced Lightning): The combination of lightning and lightning allows for the control of magnetic polarity of ions in the air, allowing the user to fight using attracting and repelling magnetic forces... wind will not affect magnetic forces without being fused with more elemental chakra to form a Level 2 combo... Weakest against Sound, Strongest against Metal

Gravity, Geton (Lightning + Earth): This element combines the powers of Lightning and Earth charkas to control the force of gravity and its effects on objects persons and the environment... controlling the very weight of everything is a potent weapon and can leave a victim flattened, disorientated, and in worst case utterly helpless... Our forums own Soratodai have the corner on this element, but the Koumori also seem to have this ability as well... weak against wind then lightning chakras, strong against earth then water chakras... Strongest against Plantlife, Weakest against Light...

Storm, Araton (Lightning + Water): the abilities granted by mixing an electric field and water is of course weather control, this chakra ability can shape and control storm clouds, it can also alter pressures, temperatures, and compositions of the air... weak against wind then earth chakras, strong against earth then fire chakras... Weakest against Phasing, Strongest against Glass...

Radiation, Houton (Lightning + Fire): by combining Lightning then Fire chakras this element controls the heat and reactivity of substances at the molecular level, by controlling the heat and particle transfer at the subatomic level users of this element use subtle but powerful attacks that in their early stages fatigued and or sterilize victims, in their highest and most unstable stages create reactions of cataclysmic proportions... it is rumored that Chakra Absorbers are of this elements affinity... weak against wind then water chakras, strong against earth then wind chakras... Strongest against Sand, Weakest against Shadow...

Shock, Kyoton (Lightning + Wind): this element controls the positive or negative charge in opposing bodies of energy and create static charges... this of course can be used to channel electricity more effectively, but also allows for more subtle and more interesting variations... ... at any rate all applying the ability to control the charge and flow of energy is key in this element... weak against wind then fire chakra, strong against earth then lightning chakra... Strongest against Explosion, Weakest against Flight...

Metal, Kinton (Earth + Advanced Earth): Adding earth chakra with more earth chakra will allow the user to create and manipulate different forms of metal... you’d think that a normal blast of lightning chakra would be enough, but metal users are immune to level 1 lightning chakra, they ground it before ever being affected... it takes a combination of lighting chakra and a fusion of more chakra into a level 2 element to combat this element... Weakest against Magnetism, Strongest against Liquids

Plantlife, Mokuton (Earth + Water): the user that correctly molds earth then water chakras gains the ability to control, grow or otherwise generate plantlife... the most prevalent application of this fusion was the first Hokage and his manipulation of wood... but even with the extinction of that specific ability, there are plenty of other variations still left in the world... weak against lightning then earth chakra, strong against water and fire chakra... Strongest against Steam, weakest against Gravity...

Glass, Gaton (Earth + Fire): users who can fuse earth and fire can create molten or solid forms of glass... skill levels of lesser users can only create shards of it that in either liquid or solid state try to cut or burn the victim, but higher level users can create solid forms of Obsidian... weak against lightning then water chakras, strong against water then wind chakras...Strongest against Ice, Weakest against Storm...

Sand, Saton (Earth + Wind): the ability to manipulate sand is given by users who can mold earth and wind into one element... this ability is not only given in the Kazekage’s clan’ lesser users can manipulate dust clouds highest skilled shinobi can use metallic sand to fight with’ weak against lightning then fire chakras, strong against water then lightning chakra’ Strongest against Acid, Weakest against Radiation’

Explosion, Baton (Earth + Lightning): Fusing Earth chakra then Lightning chakra forms the ability to create and form explosions out of clay, phosphor, nitroglycerin and other volatile substances’ This ability is idealized in the shows staple demolitions expert Deidara who can mold explosive clay into living objects and produce concussive and bombarding forces with them’ weak against lightning then wind chakras, strong against water then earth chakras’ Strongest against Diamond, Weakest against Shock’

Liquids, Ekton (Water + Advanced Water): fusing two chakras with water energy together forms a chakra that can control any liquid, fire users beware this power allows for the control of not only the water that can extinguish flames but also the fluids that fuel fire as well allowing for control of virtually any liquid known to exist, only level 2 fusions of chakra that contain earth chakra can combat this element with any efficiency’Weakest against Metal, Strongest against Combustion

Mist, Kirton (Water + Fire): This element comes from the ability to use water then fire chakra the heat water so that it evaporates into the air beyond the dew point of the air around the user to create mist that blinds and confuses the enemy’ This technique is idealized in the show by the rogue ninja Zabuza, who uses mist to try and combat Kakashi’s Shaaringan Eye’ other people have made interesting variations of this unique ability’ notably Kumiko of Raikou can create a mist that absorbs chakra from her foes’ but regardless of the traits of mist, most fog and mist based attacks are based off of this element’ weak against earth then water, strong against fire then wind’ Strongest against Poison, Weakest against Plantlife’

Ice, Hyoton (Water + Wind): Water then Wind Shakra together produce the secret element of Ice’ frozen water that can be molded shaped and used in combat’ Haku, Zabuza’s right hand companion used his bloodline ability to form his patented ‘Crystal Ice Mirrors’’ This element has some other variations in application but all has to do with the ability to cool and calm the temperature’ weak against earth then fire, strong against fire then lightning’ Strongest against Plasma, Weakest against Glass’

Acid, Saton(Water + Lightning): Water then Lightning chakra utilizes the chemical properties of inert and dissolved chemicals in water to create Acidic and Basic chemicals’ using them can be a potent and deadly art’ In the show Tsunade's most powerful summon Katsuyu can use this element proficiently’ weak against earth then wind, strong against fire then earth’ Strongest against Magma, Weakest against Sand

Diamond, Naton (Water + Earth): Water then Earth chakra mastery allows one to form and use crystalline minerals such as diamonds and use them in battle’ basic forms can use sharp projectile minerals and protective armors’ advanced users can use other tricks like creating lasers out of sunlight, weapons with razor sharp crystal blades, and lastly the ability to petrify, fossilize or otherwise solidify liquid based objects and substances’ weak against earth then lightning chakras, strong against fire then water chakras’ Strongest against Steam, Weakest against Explosion’

It could use two corrections: change "Combustion (Neton)" to "Blaze (Enton)" and "Diamond (Naton)" to "Crystal (Shoton)"

Also, the following pages should be deleted from the wiki
    http://narutoitp.wikidot.com/what-is-a-wiki-site
    http://narutoitp.wikidot.com/system:page-tags
    http://narutoitp.wikidot.com/system:join
    http://narutoitp.wikidot.com/contact
    http://narutoitp.wikidot.com/example-item-1

This page isn't much use either, if it's not linked to from somewhere.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-02-22 at 03:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sword concept
    Spoiler
    Show
    An ornate hilt which forms a blade from the water around it. The wielder can transform the blade into ice or steam as he wishes, or use it to drain the bodily fluids of an opponent.
    Interesting. At the moment, all Swordsmen positions are filled.
    That said, Shades isn't posting much with Daichi, so if you're wanting to try out a guy with this sword, maybe PM him and ask about replacing Daichi or something. *Shrugs*
    Though "draining the bodily fluids of an opponent" is a pretty powerful ability. How fast is it? Fast enough, and it's nearly an uberkill move.

Teleporting character concept
    Spoiler
    Show
    A man whose body is obscured by heavy black clothing. He is actually made of living shadow, and is harmed by light (by extension, he is most vulnerable to Fire and Lightning element jutsu). He can, however, regenerate his body over time if part of it is destroyed.

Techniques
    Shadow Possession Jutsu

Shadow Teleportation Jutsu: He slowly sinks into a shadow and emerges in another shadow elsewhere. Can only be used in darkened areas which he is aware of. He cannot do anything else while entering or leaving a shadow, and he is severely wounded if a shadow is destroyed while he is inside it. Might be able to bring targets of his Shadow Possession with him.

Night Clone Jutsu: A variant of the Shadow Clone Jutsu. Since he is made of shadow, he splits himself rather than creating a solid image. His power is divided evenly depending on the number of clones (eg. if he splits in three, each will be one-third as strong as the original). While his bodies cannot travel very far from each other, he will not die as long as one of them is alive. Killing a clone will result in its power being redistributed among the others, but also the damage it took.

Earth-style Ninjutsu: He is capable of mid-level earth style techniques. He will sometimes use them to create small underground caverns which he can enter with his Shadow Teleportation Jutsu, in order to lick his wounds or set ambushes.

Taijutsu: While his combat ability is normally poor, if he removes his heavy clothing he can extend his limbs and form claws similar to those created by the Shadow Sewing Jutsu. With their bulk removed, he is also more agile. He seldom does this, however, since this greatly reduces his defences.

Genjutsu: None, surprisingly.
    This is nifty. Maybe instead of "lab accident", it could be "immersed himself too deeply in his jutsu and element" kind of thing.

One more character concept
    Spoiler
    Show
    A serial killer with an extremely dangerous bloodline but no ninja training. Essentially, he can make people explode by touching them. If any villainous factions offer to train him and grant him more power, he is likely to take them up on that offer.
    Ah! Kimblee!
    Ahem, anyways. This is...erm. Thing is, it sounds a bit too good, really. I mean, unless there's a "save" or something, he can basically dart around to characters and say "bam you're dead" with no reactions on their part. I'd be really hesitant to see this one used, personally.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

An alternative to the last one:

Combustion Man.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Halfling in the Playground

Looks good Prime! But remember to refrain from making them too high-ranked...we're kind of over-clogged by those guys is the villain sector at the moment.

EDIT: @combustion man...no copying Righty, he won't be very happy...

(cough flame thrower cough)
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-02-22 at 03:35 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

The problem I have with that list, is it makes 'elements' out of things that are quite simply 'ninjutsu' and don't fall under elemental categories, or creates new categories for them (Shadow and Mist for example, one is simply a different style (and not really an element) while mist techniques are just a subset of Suiton or water jutsu). Plus the element+itself just seems awkward, fire is fire, the intensity of the flame should depend on the jutsu used and the wielder, not that it's some obscure and partially redundant bloodline.

However, some of the combinations I do like more then the ones I originally came up with.

Elemental Combination Bloodlines
    {table]Element|Fire|Water|Earth|Wind|Lightning
    Fire|Fire|Boil|Lava|Poison|Plasma
    Water|Boil|Water|Wood|Ice|Storm
    Earth|Lava|Wood|Earth|Dust|Crystal
    Wind|Poison|Ice|Dust|Wind|Cloud
    Lightning|Plasma|Storm|Crystal|Cloud|Lightning[/table]

Would be the altered table, if KD could put it back into the original post please. The main part I don't truly like about that view of the elements is that combining two different elements isn't just a skill that someone can learn but it's been a bloodline in every representation of it. It's actually stood out as the most 'basic' type of bloodlines, simply combining two elements together, as opposed to the more 'advanced' ones with more peculiar effects then that. Though I do want to remind people that table isn't meant to be the end-all of elemental bloodlines, but the most common derivations of them. If you have a child able to combine Doton and Raiton (earth and lightening respectfully) then chances are he/she is going to be a Shoton user (or Crystal user) though other and much rarer combinations are possible as well...hell, that's how most clans probably start. Some kid is born with an abnormal combination of elements and the trait breeds true until the family can form a clan.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Change made.

16. - Top - End - #136

Oh dear. Mira combines lightning and wind to create 'light'...

Should I change that?

EDIT: I say this because light itself fits with her ability to move at light speed so...yeah...
    Last edited by Moon Wolf; 2010-02-22 at 03:44 PM.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    ... Though I do want to remind people that table isn't meant to be the end-all of elemental bloodlines, but the most common derivations of them. If you have a child able to combine Doton and Raiton (earth and lightening respectfully) then chances are he/she is going to be a Shoton user (or Crystal user) though other and much rarer combinations are possible as well.
    There you go, Moon Wolf.

18. - Top - End - #138

*sings*

Hah, I have the only character with a different-than-it's-supposed-to-be bloodline. For now, at least. It's a relief, because I think I would die if I had to change her abilities.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

...I have an idea for a Genin character now.

A Plasma user.

Also, Callos: being a container for a Bijuu can also give you a combination.

For example, in canon, the four-tails is associated with Lava release.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    ...I have an idea for a Genin character now.

A Plasma user.

Also, Callos: being a container for a Bijuu can also give you a combination.

For example, in canon, the four-tails is associated with Lava release.
    This I know, but it didn't really bear mentioning considering there is only nine bijuu and a current stop of the creation of jinchuuriki characters.

@Moon: If you have been given god-mod permissions for Matsu (which you have) then get his arse to the exams and the rest of his team. It's begun to get a bit ridiculous how long it's taken for these to start.

"I should just commence the exam now and all who aren't there fail automatically..."
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-02-22 at 03:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Plasma....that resonates with lightning, but what else? Water?

(Isn't plasma the fourth state of matter which over 99% of the known universe is made up of? Just wondering...)
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Plasma: In physics and chemistry, plasma is a gas in which a certain portion of the particles are ionized. The presence of a non-negligible number of charge carriers makes the plasma electrically conductive so that it responds strongly to electromagnetic fields. Plasma therefore has properties quite unlike those of solids, liquids, or gases and is considered to be a distinct state of matter. Like gas, plasma does not have a definite shape or a definite volume unless enclosed in a container; unlike gas, in the influence of a magnetic field, it may form structures such as filaments, beams and double layers. Some common plasmas are flame, lightning, and the Sun.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Ah! Kimblee!
    Ahem, anyways. This is...erm. Thing is, it sounds a bit too good, really. I mean, unless there's a "save" or something, he can basically dart around to characters and say "bam you're dead" with no reactions on their part. I'd be really hesitant to see this one used, personally.
    It wasn't intended to resemble Kimblee (I'd visualised it more as "pop" than "boom"), but now that you mention it...

I realise that it's a very powerful ability. Some balance comes from the fact that he's a civilian and might have trouble hitting ninjas, but I'd like to hear more ideas for weaknesses of the technique. If he does it by "corrupting the enemy's chakra" then characters might be able to dispel it. He should be a scary guy to fight, if only for genin.

Plasma: In physics and chemistry, plasma is a gas in which a certain portion of the particles are ionized. The presence of a non-negligible number of charge carriers makes the plasma electrically conductive so that it responds strongly to electromagnetic fields. Plasma therefore has properties quite unlike those of solids, liquids, or gases and is considered to be a distinct state of matter. Like gas, plasma does not have a definite shape or a definite volume unless enclosed in a container; unlike gas, in the influence of a magnetic field, it may form structures such as filaments, beams and double layers. Some common plasmas are flame, lightning, and the Sun.
    Bolded for emphasis. Picture it as "energy gas".
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-02-22 at 04:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

EDIT: Ninja'd by Seņor Dictionary.com.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

25. - Top - End - #145

Wikipedia, actually.

*Re-Lurk*

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

Two things:
    At least two of the blades are unaccounted for. Motah explicitly had his swords custom made, and while Ryoma has one of the oldest swords, it came to the group after it was formed. So while the swordsmen are full now, having a sword of an old member is completely possible.

May I suggest arranging a battle against Daichi? Shades might be quiet because he has nothing to do, so offer him a bone if you got one.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

27. - Top - End - #147

Fine, then.

Seņor Wikipedia.com.

(Check the British definition of lurker. You'll never use that word again. )
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

I realise that it's a very powerful ability. Some balance comes from the fact that he's a civilian and might have trouble hitting ninjas, but I'd like to hear more ideas for weaknesses of the technique. If he does it by "corrupting the enemy's chakra" then characters might be able to dispel it.
    It requires prolonged contact? (Not just a touch but hold unto them for X seconds)
    Requires concentration? (Being attacked mid-use of ability disrupts it's use, goes well with above)
    It's easier to use with inanimate objects then with living creatures? (Ryoma has something similar I believe)
    Can't reach through certain materials? (Steel, something rarer, stone)
    Can only 'pop' or 'boom' so much at once? (Can cripple limbs/remove limbs but can't target the entire body at once)

29. - Top - End - #149

'Pop'?

'Boom'?

(My mind is elsewhere...)
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    EDIT: I say this because light itself fits with her ability to move at light speed so...yeah...
    I usually shrug and assume that this particular claim isn't to be taken literally, but it's been appearing enough lately to prompt a question: Is she seriously capable of travelling at the speed of light? Because if so, then that's completely ridiculous.

Unimpeded by foreign substances, light travels at about 300,000 kilometres per second (186,000 MPS). Since this is a Shonen series, let's put aside the fact that no sentient being on Earth has a brain which can meaningfully process travel at that speed and instead look at the other implications. By saying that your character can move that fast, you are saying that she could run a distance equal to that between the earth and the moon in a little over one second. Any way you want to look at, that sort of speed is either unbalanced or unusable. If the difficulties of travelling at that speed are handwaved then it's a game breaking ability, and if realism is introduced then the user would be killed in an instant.

So, is this really intentional? What exactly are the limits of this (fairly vaguely defined) light bloodline?
    Last edited by Anyr; 2010-02-22 at 04:08 PM.