New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Legend of zelda: Wind Waker.

So who else loves wind waker? I like the ocean traveling, makes everything seem a bit less of a "You must go here because the bridge is out and it would be too convenient if you could just cross" game. Also I like Ships and such better than horses and such.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Legend of zelda: Wind Waker.

It's a great game for sure. The part where you have to hunt down all the pieces of the triforce gets a bit tedious in the long run, though, especially if you're going through the game more than once.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"
    __
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

what part is that? I only recently got the game?(Used at gamestop $17) So far I have just summoned the earth sage .
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

On the whole the Zelda games are really good wether they are full 3D or top down (the GBC/GBA series are amongst my favourites).

I'm personally a big fan of Windwaker and the other shell shaded art style but I cannot help but feel PH/ST is a step in the wrong direction from WW. WW has an epic feel to it with the large map and so much to explore with many side quests and the like. It also has great boss battles. I wont spoil any of them but I can't help but feel that having completed ST the final boss seemed to be a bit... well... rubbish. yes the desert temple boss was a bit easy as well even though he was so late on but it had a sense of fun to it that reminded me of a certain boss from TP (the one who re appears in crossbow training). By comparison to what came before it in the game the 3 stage boss fight of ST was really a bit weak and put a slight downer on the end of an otherwise good game. It was infuriating in the last two stages but there was no real sense of threat or danger.

WW has some really great boss fights. i can't remember, by the time you awaken the earth sage have you fought the staple 'big face and two giant hands' boss of the Zelda series. Hardly a Zelda game without one of those.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, it is a really fun game. I still haven't actually beaten it fully yet, but I'll get around to it someday.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avvies by Z-Axis, now bearer of 3 divine rank.
    So you may have heard of Lord Herman. Well, he's pretty awesome.
    Chief Arial Commander of HALO
    Through hostilties, Leader of AMEN
    Annoyingly Androgynous Elf
    Larger Avvies:
    Shas aia Toriia (under constuction)
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jair Barik View Post
    On the whole the Zelda games are really good wether they are full 3D or top down (the GBC/GBA series are amongst my favourites).

I'm personally a big fan of Windwaker and the other shell shaded art style but I cannot help but feel PH/ST is a step in the wrong direction from WW. WW has an epic feel to it with the large map and so much to explore with many side quests and the like. It also has great boss battles. I wont spoil any of them but I can't help but feel that having completed ST the final boss seemed to be a bit... well... rubbish. yes the desert temple boss was a bit easy as well even though he was so late on but it had a sense of fun to it that reminded me of a certain boss from TP (the one who re appears in crossbow training). By comparison to what came before it in the game the 3 stage boss fight of ST was really a bit weak and put a slight downer on the end of an otherwise good game. It was infuriating in the last two stages but there was no real sense of threat or danger.

WW has some really great boss fights. i can't remember, by the time you awaken the earth sage have you fought the staple 'big face and two giant hands' boss of the Zelda series. Hardly a Zelda game without one of those.
    You mean the one that shoots the spray of exploding blasts at you? yeah I fought that already.
    Spoiler
    Show