New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Pixie-Totum

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Pixie-Totum

I am wondering what dips are feasible for a pixie factotum that will be starting at 8th level. Should I go factotum 8?
    No Iajutsu Focus cheese please!

My attributes (with magic Items) are:

8 26 18 32 16 21.

Also, any advice on additional magic items besides stat enhencers would be greatly appreciated.
    Jesus saves, you take half damage.

The difference between insanity and genius is determined only by your charisma score.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I recall in one game one of my PCs managed to defeat a succubus using a combination of his Touch Of Golden Ice feat and a Deathward spell. If you know what I mean.

*Insert "It was hot/cool" pun here.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    ...You defeated it with holy STDs?
    Half-Shadow Dragon Vampire Sandwich.

In Soviet Russia, food eat YOU!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pixie-Totum

Quote Originally Posted by Your Nemesis View Post
    I am wondering what dips are feasible for a pixie factotum that will be starting at 8th level. Should I go factotum 8?
    No Iajutsu Focus cheese please!

My attributes (with magic Items) are:

8 26 18 32 16 21.

Also, any advice on additional magic items besides stat enhencers would be greatly appreciated.
    LA 4/Factotum 8 or LA 4/Factotum 4?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Great googely-moogely, those are some sexy stats!

If you aren't using Iaijitsu Focus, a 3-level dip in Swashbuckler for Int to damage isn't bad. (It also gets you Weapon Finesse, which you'll probably want.)

Alternatively, you could focus on ranged attacks. Since Factotums can go nuts with standard actions, Manyshot and a splitting bow can let you fire off a ton of arrows. All that extra damage from Knowledge Devotion will start to add up. Actually, this would probably work best for a pixie, since you'll probably be focusing on stealth anyway.

As a variation, you can go throwing. Maybe take a few levels in Master Thrower so you can throw dozens of daggers a turn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JaronK
    Why on earth would there be superstition in a world where you can just ask the gods stuff? "Hey, I hear throwing salt over your shoulder prevents bad luck." "Oh yeah? I'll ask the god of luck, brb."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
    Hey, it could be worse. It could be monks. One day, someone will start a thread titled "4E monks, more morally justified than 3.5 wizards!", and the world will end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq
    Now, of course, what is a ninja? (A miserable little pile of shuriken!)

4. - Top - End - #4

Well, since Factotum is a Jack of all trades, take that feat, then go with a 3 level dip in swashbuckler and a top off in warblade focused on Stone Dragon and Tiger Claw maneuvers (the thought is amusing: a Pixie who takes a stance for a giant. lol)