New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Armin's Final Fantasy Original Setting

Ah, the world of Erazar. Lust, fertile green valleys, dry, barren deserts, huge, inexhaustible forests, immense seas and wide rivers, these and more make what the residents believe to be THE world. But what if I were to tell you there were many worlds with intelligent life? Indeed there are countless worlds in the universe, some more dangerous and beautiful than others. In the city of Dalkoth, warriors of Light assemble.

OOC
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2011-10-18 at 09:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Armin's Final Fantasy Original Setting

After finding himself in a strange and foreign land Azul did what anyone else would have done, look for someone to tell him where in the worlds he was. Yes, Azul thought, I say worlds for I know that this is not my own. Azul knew not if his own world even existed anymore, only that he had escaped from the void After several days of wandering through a wilderness of trees and hills, Azul finally sensed a change in the land's energy signifying a human settlement of some sort. Finally stumbling upon a small village he hoped to get at least a few answers as to his current whereabouts.

While asking around the village Azul discovered two things: that he was now on the world that the locals called Erazar, and that the city of Dalkoth was the place to go for further information. Azul knew that his appeance wasn't all that after his experience in the void, what with all of his clothing being rather tattered and all, but that couldn't explain away why every now and again while speaking to him the locals would flinch away from him. Azul wished to question them more about this, but the look of fear he saw in their faces kept his tongue still, and had him on his way to prevent any more issues than his presence already had.

So with more questions than answers, like usual in his chaotic life, Azul headed for the city of Dalkoth, hoping to find his answers there.
    Last edited by Wookieetank; 2011-10-20 at 08:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

The city of Dalkoth, it was as huge and stunning as Val remembered it. It had been years since he had last been to the city. Not since his youth, still struggling to understand the meanings behind his father's "business trips" and why he had to suffer through them as well. This time he was on a business trip of my own.

A bundle of letters thicker than a man's fist weighed down the brown leather bag strapped over his shoulder. Letters from one chapter to another would often travel long distances from chapter to chapter as it reached it's location. Some of these letters were from halfway across the world and several months old, while others were only the week old since he had been traveling from the last chapter. Though he had never induldged his curiosity and peeked, he knew the subjects of the letters ranged from proper business to letters between friends.

The house of the White Mages would be easy enough to find despite the city's size. Though the size may have varied from city to city, there was always something unmistakable about the houses, from the humblest village shack to the grandest house of worship. He would find the house and make his delivery, and then this city from his youth would be all his to rediscover and enjoy for the day.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-10-20 at 09:34 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ace Starwind sat at the Inn, drinking a fine Chocobo Chocolate Stout, listening to a minstrel ply his trade in the corner. He smiles at the well worn drawing of his father's Airship, The Bahamut, and then folds it back up and places it into the interior pocket of his leather vest. He smiles at the memories that picture brings to mind, and the stories of adventure his parents told him.

I guess that explains why I took to adventuring the young mage of all trades smiled, adjusting his bright red hat that marked him as a "Red Mage," though he didn't usually label himself as such. He preferred to call himself a Bard, though the true Bards often chastised him for it. Oh well he thought, finishing his drink and paying the barkeeper. He stood, adjusted his red cloak (another label for his trade) and tossed a gil to the minstrel as he left the Inn to travel around the city some.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyriel stood in the plains, close to a farm. Dalkoth was a couple of minutes walk from there. He was holding somewhat awkwardly a katana and swinging it around, testing the weight. That is until he suddenly bursts into doing practiced methodical and controlled slashes and thrusts into the air against invisible enemies, walking a bit. He heard a monk call this kind of stuff "Kata". Monks and their weird weapons...still it was somewhat of a gift after he had helped their monastery. Seeing if he could actually use it seemed a good idea now that he had nothing to do. After hearing some cheers and laughs, Lyriel turns to find some kids, from the farms maybe? Who were looking interested. He smiles at then and leaves, putting the katana back in the sheath. His hand moves more confortably to the one handed longsword on his waist. Maybe he should create some Kata with it too...

Heading for Dalkoth, he begins to think about getting a new armor. He used a pretty good one granted, but it was stained black and red in lots of places. No problem as a warrior, but as a Paladin of the Phoenix, he believed he should be wearing a royal red color with some details in gold...but first, he had to actually become one. And for that, his instincts guide him to the city, confident that he will become something important on it...Oh and he needed a Chocobo...Paladins of the Phoenix should ride something bird-like!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Zoah hesitantly took his first steps into the city. It had been a long time since he had been to a city of this size last and to be frank what little he knew of big city mannerisms had more or less vanished into the deepest recesses of his subconscious mind never to be seen again, still he knew that if he was going to find answers this would be the best place to ask around if for no other reason then for the sheer number of people.

Of course now that he had reached his destination Zoah realized there was a new question to deal with, what would he do now that he was actually in the city. Recovering from the shock of his realization Zoah decided that the first order of business would be to get the lay of the land or at the very least get some sense of direction in the unfamiliar locale. Seeing little reason not to Zoah started trekking towards the center of the city to get a bearing on the layout of the area.
    Last edited by piemaster; 2011-10-20 at 10:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Green looked around. Looked around? Where was he? He had never been in this city before... Never seen this climate. An inn at his left, the street right in front. Hunger? No, not hunger. This was thirst, though not much of it. As he turns around he sees the park, in the middle of the little city. "Wow, so much green!" he thinks, then he waits. "Green? Yes, Green, that's my name..." he kneeled at the fountain and began drinking. Not tasty, not bad either, just water, but in the reflection of the water he saw himself, and the huge cathedral at the other end of the park.

He was a boy, one little boy, in a huge city.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

OOC: Has everyone posted, I will write up my GM post later today.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

All of you are herded in the Castle by soldiers immediately after entering into the City. The City-Gates are shut, and garrisons are posted at every wall. Soon the people shut themselves inside.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

What is this? Quit pushing! Unhand me! Whats going on here?"
    A Young man tightly holding on to a black book, is pushed in to the city, along with the crowd of people. Fighting to free him self from the crowd, he stumbles and trips over a near by bench. Swearing and gathering up his dropped belonging, he picks up his book and dust it off, "Thank goodness this wasn't damaged. Man, I haven't been in town five minutes, and already people are acting crazy. I wonder whats going on."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OnardPod View Post
    What is this? Quit pushing! Unhand me! Whats going on here?"
    A Young man tightly holding on to a black book, is pushed in to the city, along with the crowd of people. Fighting to free him self from the crowd, he stumbles and trips over a near by bench. Swearing and gathering up his dropped belonging, he picks up his book and dust it off, "Thank goodness this wasn't damaged. Man, I haven't been in town five minutes, and already people are acting crazy. I wonder whats going on."
    Furthermore, the entire group, strangers at the moment, are put in the same room.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well...I'm innocent and a Paladin, so this must be your trial. Who did you killed?"

Lyriel smiles and waits. He was lying of course, neither he was a Paladin at the moment nor he believed they killed anyone. Still, he was quite outgoing. And untrusting to the guards, so he stands close to the door, with his back on the wall

13. - Top - End - #13

I have a very- Excuse me I- Would it be possible to speak with- the White Mages are-" The White Mage struggled in vain to get a word in edge-wise while being ushered into a room. He looks to the others for some semblance of understanding but sees much of his own confusion.

At the words of the paladin, he gently responds, I am also innocent. And a White Mage, if a credentials exchange is in order. I am Valerium Kalross, of Family Kalross." He gives a courteous bow to the paladin and all who introduce themselves afterwards.

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"What's going on here? I'm just a lost travlering looking for a way home! I demand to know what is going on here!"

Azul pounds on the door, hoping to get an answer from the guards. Hearing none, he opens himself to the land's energy, determined to be ready for anything. After having seen the guards closing the city and arming the walls, Azul was sure that whatever was coming next, it was not going to be good.

"Anyone here know whats going on?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Finally, an important looking armed soldier, probably a Knight walks into the area that the party is held. "Welcome to Castle Dalkoth. I can see you are all quite shaken. We are currently experiencing what appears to be an invasion of monsters and are looking for able bodied warriors to help defend the Castle Walls. We can see that some of you in this room are armed. Would any of you care to help defend the garrison?"

The party hears talking not far from the where Knight entered."The creatures had suddenly come out of the ground like insects and appear to be human from a distance, until you get a good look at them underneath their robes."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Re: Armin's Final Fantasy Original Setting

Over hearing the stray conversation and mulling over the knights proposal, Galen's became incredibly excited. He gleefully thought of all of the new skills he could gain.
    He walks up to the soldier, "What would you have us do?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Wishing to prevent others from experiencing similar tragedies to those that he has been through, Azul volunteers.

"I'm in, where do you need us to be?"

Azul then pulls out his yellow crystal and draws the energy of the land through it. Rock flows up over Azul's feet and body and covers him from the neck down. Solidifying, the rock takes on the appearence of rudely carved armor.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyriel sighs. He'd look like a mercenary at the end of this insanity. But he accepts

"Fine. But don't expect it to be free, there are some things I want if I survive"

19. - Top - End - #19

"Hey there ^^ I'm green, yes, just like my eye color! he says, while stretching his eyes as much as possible, to let everyone see. "Now this, my fellow... people.... is a very badly decorated room. It's not nice or anything, just plain and depressing..." he said cheerfully

20. - Top - End - #20

After his bow to Green, Valerium turns to the guard and answers the request. "Truthfully, I am not much of a fighter, but in this state of emergency, you have my magics at your disposal." He turns to the others in the room. "As does anyone else who volunteers."

As for the paladin, to Valerium, he looks like a mercenary right now. Val is honestly slightly shocked that someone declaring themselves a paladin would demand money from someone in need. "What are you demanding of them?" he asks, as unaccusingly as possible. "And why? As a paladin, is it not your duty to help those who ask of it?"

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh right, sorry about that. My name is Lyriel, and I'm no Paladin. Yet. Officially I have no been recognized and thus, I'm only a wandering warrior. But I believe these things are most important in your heart..."

He smiles. Again. But doesn't back off

"I do what I believe to be right. Paladin or not, I still have needs, and thus, even tough I ask for reward I'm not saying this is going to be "Pay me now or I don't do this". I believe we can reach an agreement, based on how difficult it was to defeat these enemies"

22. - Top - End - #22

"I apologize. I was far too quick to judge. I assumed you to be taking advantage of a crisis, and forgot that there are those who must eke out their living this way. 'A man has to eat?', correct?" He gives a deep bow in apology. "Perhaps I have been living off the Gil of the Order for too long, but that is no excuse."

He sticks out his hand out for a handshake. "If I am forgiven, may I wish you good luck on your recognition in the future?"

My Characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Knight looks at the assembled adventurers in front of him shrugs. He would look angry underneath his helmet at the "Paladin" if someone could look into his face. "I am Salvador, the Knight Captain. Well, A Knight Captain but that is a long story." He gestures for the group to follow him. "We will be just defending the walls from the front line. Unless we are driven back, that is. Then we will be fighting on the walls, of course." The garrison is full of longbowmen, and also, Men At Arms at the top of the walls, and are equipped with melee weapons.

"See those?" Salvador points to the archers and men at arms. "Those are the finest archers in the entire world. Recently they had just come from an overseas compaign. It is fitting that they would be here to protect Dalkoth from our mysterious enemies."

Suddenly an entire dozen messengers run up to Salvador. "The northern villages have been overtaken. All of them have been burned to the ground. Daurgar is undersiege!" One of them laments. "At this rate the Border Guard will be overwhelmed in weeks."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

My name is Ace the Red mage will say with a bow to the white mage, giving a shining smile. As the group goes to the top of the wall, he will say to the captain My magicks, and my sword, are at the service of the city. Also, would an evacuation be needed, you should contact my father. He is the captain of an airship, one of the fastest in the land.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again drawing energy through his earth crystal, Azul starts drawing up large earthen spikes along the base of the wall. Once the spikes had fully formed he then focuses on the vines climbing the walls and has them wrap themselves around the spikes, further adding support. While channeling energy for the vines to move a swirl of dark energy appears within the earth crystal interrupting Azul's concentration. All at once the vines which had been lush and green, crakle loudly as they turn brown and wither.

"Even here I am not free of the powers of the void it would seem, " Azul mutters to himself.
    Turning to Salvador Azul asks, "How else may I be of service in defending the city?"