New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

confused Where did Xykon go?

Anyone have any idea on where Xykon disappeared to? Even Redcloak doesn't know but he apparently does it often... intriguing...
    Last edited by ThePhantasm; 2010-02-21 at 11:53 PM.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Where did Xykon go?

Last time we KNOW OF that he disappeared was in SoD.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was gone for quite a while and that's when he got Serini's diary and found Dorukan's dungeon. Meanwhile, Right-Eye raised a family and Redcloak talked to the guys from SG1, but only for a background joke.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingPirate

He and Serini are in cahoots.

4. - Top - End - #4

Drag pageant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poggybinder View Post
    Try making a choice on a brisk walk or jog a good empty stomach early the actual planet morning if possible. Go to your local Wal-Mart and pick up a sauna suit shed more calories, and a pedometer observe how many calories you burn once a day.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ocdscale View Post
    That would be quite the twist.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ocdscale View Post
    Or maybe he has her locked up somewhere?

Either way, it would explain quite a bit - but not explain why he had to puzzle out the diary on his own.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Diamond View Post
    That would be quite the twist.
    Maybe he polymorphs into a handsome grave-robbing Halfling to woo information out of her.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Optimystik View Post
    Or maybe he has her locked up somewhere?

Either way, it would explain quite a bit - but not explain why he had to puzzle out the diary on his own.
    ... his tortures could have failed. That would explain a case where he has her locked up AND had to puzzle it out on his own.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Maybe he polymorphs into a handsome grave-robbing Halfling to woo information out of her.
    Unlikely, considering he does not have polymorph. Looking at O'Chul's chart, he has Animate Dead, Greater Invisibility, Resilient Sphere and Stoneskin for his 4th level spells.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morthis View Post
    Unlikely, considering he does not have polymorph. Looking at O'Chul's chart, he has Animate Dead, Greater Invisibility, Resilient Sphere and Stoneskin for his 4th level spells.
    Ah, he must have traded polymorph out, for he mentioned it in Start of Darkness.

Another possibility might be Disguise Self.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

He could use, well, scrolls?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    He could use, well, scrolls?
    He could, I simply said unlikely, not impossible. I don't think we've seen Xykon using a scroll so far though.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

He could, I simply said unlikely, not impossible. I don't think we've seen Xykon using a scroll so far though.
    Yes, scrolls seem to be neglected for some reason... no clue why people don't seem to like them... and scrolls are a pretty easy way around the restriction you mentioned so it not even in the "unlikely" category anymore.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, he must have traded polymorph out, for he mentioned it in Start of Darkness.

Another possibility might be Disguise Self.
    Really? Where did he use it, I don't recall reading that.

SoD
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems that if he could polymorph, the whole inability to taste coffee wouldn't have been such a big deal, since a simple polymorph into a human would (presumably) have given him his ability to taste back.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? Where did he use it, I don't recall reading that.

SoD
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems that if he could polymorph, the whole inability to taste coffee wouldn't have been such a big deal, since a simple polymorph into a human would (presumably) have given him his ability to taste back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He said "Hold your damn horses or I'll polymorph you into one."
    - The Flying Kipper

16. - Top - End - #16

He's getting his bones shined

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

He is supposed to come bakc with a "New Trick" everytime he vanishes. A new spell? Or a new way to use what he already has?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

You did not read Start of Darkness, it seems. Last time he vanished, he was away for a while (three years, I think).

Spoiler
    Show
    He left Right-Eye, Redcloak and his Goblin-minions in his tower idling. When he came back, he had organised himself more minions (for example Ogres).
    And also had found Serinis Diary.

There were no other cases than that where he vanished onscreen for a longer time and then coming back with a new trick.
    Last edited by Ancalagon; 2010-02-22 at 09:35 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

Conjecture:

The Order of the Stick's adventure in the desert mentioned that Girard's illusion informed both "her and us" about the agreement breach. Assuming that Xykon is in cahoots with Serini or that he has her held captive somewhere, it is not entirely unreasonable to assume that Xykon, too, now knows about the false gate being breached (although we don't know the exactly nature of the message, so it's just as possible that he misinterpreted the message as "the order got to it first").

Therefore, he may have departed to scout ahead, to scry on the gate and ready actions, or for other reasons relating to this discovery.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

My guess is he gained a level and went off to look through the source books on what new spell he should take.
    ***DISCLAIMER***
    When I talk about a theory, belief, or any other way of thinking. This does not mean in any way that I believe in said theory, it also does not mean in any way that I am trying to make you believe it.

I am simply bringing up it has a possible way to look at things. Because when a person decides what to believe, they should be aware of all sides of the subject. I don't care if you believe a giant pink rabbit created the universe, just be educated in making that decision.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Why are so many people suggesting he is in cahoots with Serini? Have there been indicators suggesting this that I have missed, or is it just a wild theory?

I ask because I've seen it mentioned outside of this thread too.
    Last edited by ThePhantasm; 2010-02-23 at 08:13 PM.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sorry guys. Xykon's just chilling here on the couch with me, watching some Olympic sports.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

He's researching a new Epic Spell: Summon Snarl. When he gets back, he casts it, and the comic immediately ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

that list was only of spell that o-chul KNEW he had. there are probably a lot more than that, considering a sorcerer has a ton more spells than a wizard at such a high level.(normally)
    You Know What I Mean - A Hot Rock Massage!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zoobob9 View Post
    that list was only of spell that o-chul KNEW he had. there are probably a lot more than that, considering a sorcerer has a ton more spells than a wizard at such a high level.(normally)
    Not true. Sorcerers get a high number of spells per day, but not many spells known. Even an epic-level Sorcerer will only have four 4th-level spells known (which is exactly what Xykon has on that list) unless he spent an epic feat acquiring another one. Which would be monumentally stupid, as there are much better uses for epic feats - indeed, much better uses for the epic feat he'd have to take to get another 4th-level spell, since he could instead use it on a much higher level spell.

Zevox
    Last edited by Zevox; 2010-02-23 at 08:37 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Why are so many people suggesting he is in cahoots with Serini? Have there been indicators suggesting this that I have missed, or is it just a wild theory?

I ask because I've seen it mentioned outside of this thread too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Serini hasn't been found dead anywhere. Xykon already had her diary. From what Girard said in his message, she was at least alive. So there's two possible explanations:
    She's dead by Xykon's hands or he has her captive.

We need more info but it's more speculation as to what Serini is up to.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

There are other possibilities, Jagos.

Spoiler
    Show
    For one thing, Girard's message may be assuming incorrectly that Serini is still alive. It is also possible that Serini's diary was stolen by someone who did not want or did not bother to fight her (not necessarily Xykon).

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show
    He said "Hold your damn horses or I'll polymorph you into one."
    That'd be baleful polymorph not polymorph

My bad, baleful polymorph is only small or smaller creatures, so a horse wouldn't be a valid option
    Last edited by BenTheJester; 2010-02-24 at 08:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

confused Re: Where did Xykon go?

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Not true. Sorcerers get a high number of spells per day, but not many spells known. Even an epic-level Sorcerer will only have four 4th-level spells known (which is exactly what Xykon has on that list) unless he spent an epic feat acquiring another one. Which would be monumentally stupid, as there are much better uses for epic feats - indeed, much better uses for the epic feat he'd have to take to get another 4th-level spell, since he could instead use it on a much higher level spell.

Zevox
    Hmm... isn't there eq to gain more spells known?

30. - Top - End - #30

BlueKnightGuy

Disneyworld. He went to Disneyworld.

Seriously though, it could be anywhere. The oracle has been mentioned, which would be interesting -- maybe he went to the lower planes to talk with some folks there -- but personally I'm hoping for some new and unforseen concept. Maybe with ties to where he went in SoD, but somewhere involving somethings that we haven't seen yet and are completely different from everything done so far.