New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536
Results 1,051 to 1,066 of 1066
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Banned

Default Re: Llama Llama Duck 3 - Orange Slayed the Rake (Werewolf Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    *cough*

Anyway, I believe nerfing Assassin in any way is a very bad idea. Roles are supposed to be fun; If you begin piling various sub-rules on them, the role will quickly become complex and a chore for both narrator and a player. You've seen good players retreating from it already in the past two games, simply because it begun to be a lot less fun. Of course, in the beginning it was also a bit too powerful, so a balance was needed there. I believe it is balanced now.

But... You know how you could make it more fun for both player and potential victims, IMHO? Simply add a rule:

This would make it both worthwhile to actually spot assassins, make the role more strategic (should I post at the end of the day, giving them less time to spot it, but making me more obvious? Early?) and it would be easy to check at the same you count points for lynch, seeing as assassins need to send kill before the end of day, anyway. And, it would put an end to shenanigans like happened in this game.

What do you think?
    I think I just killed you, that's what I think.

I'm not sure what shenanigans happened this game, but how many people were hiding "assassin kills" in their posts if they weren't assassins? Do you really think it would take 3 bold red botched kill attempts, and then narrator confirmation on top of that, to finger them?
    Last edited by Shadow; 2010-07-25 at 07:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Except first, that underscore was sort of obvious, and anyway, hiding anything in quotes was forbidden as assassination point, so no cigar here.

I'm not sure what shenanigans happened this game, but how many people were hiding "assassin kills" in their posts if they weren't assassins? Do you really think it would take 3 bold red botched kill attempts, and then narrator confirmation on top of that, to finger them?
    WHAT

Please, go read this game. There was about ONE FRAKKING MILLION posts with all kinds of shenanigans, dumb and otherwise. Some were so obvious I face-palmed many times how they were ignored later (gee, when you look for an assassin late in the game, maybe you should point at the guy who was ACCUSED ONE MILLION TIMES of doing this in early game stages? But no, these people wasn't, as in WW, villagers are often to lazy to check even two first days for clues).

So yes, I think that's exactly what you would need to finger them.

No, scratch that, even that wouldn't be enough. One lying devil fingered early on comes to mind, and look how long he lasted

Plus, it works both ways, and clever assassin could use that to their advantage. Most of rules designed by me do.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Banned

Except first, that underscore was sort of obvious, and anyway, hiding anything in quotes was forbidden as assassination point, so no cigar here.

WHAT

Please, go read this game. There was about ONE FRAKKING MILLION posts with all kinds of shenanigans, dumb and otherwise. Some were so obvious I face-palmed many times how they were ignored later (gee, when you look for an assassin late in the game, maybe you should point at the guy who was ACCUSED ONE MILLION TIMES of doing this in early game stages? But no, these people wasn't, as in WW, villagers are often to lazy to check even two first days for clues).

So yes, I think that's exactly what you would need to finger them.

No, scratch that, even that wouldn't be enough. One lying devil fingered early on comes to mind, and look how long he lasted

Plus, it works both ways, and clever assassin could use that to their advantage. Most of rules designed by me do.
    On point 1:
    Your sarcasm meter is broken. You should look into that.

On point 2:
    Yes, you are amazing, and I am horrible. I get it.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2010-07-25 at 08:05 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Umm, I'm pretty sure I did keep pointing at said person.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, you are amazing, and I am horrible. I get it.
    Where I said tha--

Look, all I ask is that you read the game course, seeing how my proposed rule change stemmed directly from what happened here and what would be the best thing IMHO to fix that, especially after you admitted you haven't read it. Your point was pretty... academic, you know? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Umm, I'm pretty sure I did keep pointing at said person.
    [checks dates of death] For three days?

[shrug] Ok, fine, I didn't had you in mind. My apologies, but then again, my comment was about the endgame.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Drifter View Post
    Anyway, let me know when recruiting for LLD4 begins, will you?
    Topic just posted in WW central about me switching up the dates for the times I usually run re-occuring games.

I normally run this in April, always starting with April 1st, because as shenanigans go no better date is suited for the game devoted to Llama.

You honor me with your statement about wanting to make LLD4 your first game. But as mentioned before, come join another in the meantime.

As for the other conversation....we'll go this route with the assassins.

I'll expand the rules on what they can post. Quotes will be allowed. Assassins have to tell me what the post # is and how the name was hidden. The 10 word limit will still take place. Any color except red can be used for the kill.

At the same time, I'll allow everyone in the game to send in a PM if they notice a kill attempt. The PM must include the name of the player being attacked, and the post #.

If the PM accurately marks a kill, the kill is blotched. The blotched kill will take the appearance of a voided/baned attempt the next day to everyone.

example: Player X was attacked, and the attacked failed.

Now - to nerf the overuse of the "blotch" ability.
    1st time a player sends a blotch PM = Assassin doesn't know who sent it.
    2nd time = 33% Assassin learns who sent it.
    3rd time = 66% Assassin learns who sent it.
    4th time = Assassin will know you blocked their kill.

That should work.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Banned

Where I said tha--

Look, all I ask is that you read the game course, seeing how my proposed rule change stemmed directly from what happened here and what would be the best thing IMHO to fix that, especially after you admitted you haven't read it. Your point was pretty... academic, you know? :P
    Yes, you did ask me to read it. But then you made a jab at ne veiled in a joke and continued to spout how great your rules usually are. This is similar to how you usually post when interacting with me in any way.

You could have just told me to read the thread and see if your idea sounded better after that.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Now - to nerf the overuse of the "blotch" ability.
    1st time a player sends a blotch PM = Assassin doesn't know who sent it.
    2nd time = 33% Assassin learns who sent it.
    3rd time = 66% Assassin learns who sent it.
    4th time = Assassin will know you blocked their kill.

That should work.
    I assume this is counted total for each attempted botch, and not for each attempted botch/block against a specific assassin.
    And I also assume that each attempted botch/block counts against this total, even if the person you are attempting to block isn't an assassin.
    Running totals for each player will reduce the number of attempted blocks and help to keep your inbox at a manageable level.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Firbolg in the Playground

What happens if multiple people blotch the same kill? Does it count as an attempt for all of them? If so, will the assassin (potentially) get told about all of them, just one, what?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    What happens if multiple people blotch the same kill? Does it count as an attempt for all of them? If so, will the assassin (potentially) get told about all of them, just one, what?
    I'm assuming that every time you send in a PM attempting to spot/block/botch an assassination, it counts as 1. Just sending the PM is all it takes.
    Each player gets 4 of these, with the chances at being found increasing as shown.

That's the way I'd do it. There are already ricockulous amounts of PMs to the narrators of those games. The botch system will miltiply that infinitely if no restraints are in place.
    This is a way for Goof to keep his sanity, and still allow the mechanism you've asked for.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, I did.

No stealing my kills, Shadow!

WW Games I have won:
    Spoiler
    Show

Day of the Dead 2 - Doctor
    Monster Mash III - Zombie Alpha

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Avatar courtesy of the wonderful Strawberries

12. - Top - End - #1062

Why do people keep writing "blotch"?
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm assuming that every time you send in a PM attempting to spot/block/botch an assassination, it counts as 1. Just sending the PM is all it takes.
    Each player gets 4 of these, with the chances at being found increasing as shown.

That's the way I'd do it. There are already ricockulous amounts of PMs to the narrators of those games. The botch system will miltiply that infinitely if no restraints are in place.
    This is a way for Goof to keep his sanity, and still allow the mechanism you've asked for.
    Shadows assumptions are correct. 50+ players with the ability to stop assassins = a lot of friggin PMs, and I don't have a Moderator size inbox. Usually when I run this game I clean out my PM box 2+ times each day.

Doesn't matter who you spot. The "blotches" are cumulative.

If send one in for a non-assassin, it counts, though the person who is a non-assassin won't be notified because it doesn't interfer with their job.
    At your 4th blotch, know that if you blotch an assassin, they will know it was you.

Multiples on the same kill = 1 blotch attempt for everyone who sends in the PM and corresponding penalty for each person. There's still nothing to stop you from posting it publically in the thread. You get 1 free one. After that, you risk yourself.

And Piratemonk - blotch is simply the word coined above by...Eternal Drifter, I believe. I take it as a combined use of botched and blocked...which fits the intent quite well. Probably was a typo at first, but I liked it and will continue to call this "ability" that.
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2010-07-28 at 12:17 PM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm wondering if it's reasonable to push assassinations back a day. That way, people could just blotch assassinations in the thread itself, with no narrator spam and no chance of the target changing because of it.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

You guys are still talking about this?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #1066

It sounds ridiculously over complex to me. To be honest, I would not want to play an assassin in this set up. Poor old Goof had a nightmare with my horrendously convoluted kill shots this time round. I can only imagine what it'll be like with everyone (and LLD is always a big game) sending stuff that they think they've seen in. Half of them will be completely wrong as well. I think this is going to create far too much work for the narrators and clog up their PM boxes hideously, meaning that nothing will get done. If Goof thinks it'll work, then it's up to him but I can't see the need for making it too complex.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu