New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    I don't know any Spanish. :/
    This is a fairly decent multipurpose translator.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ok. As promised Purple. A review.

I like the character. He seems somewhat like a hellish Animate Object meets much nastier Slender Man.

As to his ability, other then ressurecion not quite working like that (and really...thats such a trivial matter in this merely because...the ability is awesome and thats what counts) it looks more or less balanced with the ammendment that the other player picks whats forgotton.

I'd even say he's under powered in fact. Though, I would like to point out -any- memory may very well be the memory on how to...breath...swallow...blink...things like that. Its worth keeping in mind just how powerful the ability -could- be.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think those count as memories... No matter what cartoons try to tell you. You are born with your body knowing how to do everything it needs to do to keep working, that is ot memory, I don't even think it counts as instinct.

Plus, that is something you do every single moment of your life, so there is plenty of reference on how to do it, unless you have basicaly been reduced to a blank slate.

Same applies to keeping your balance while you walk. Losing memories could erase events, but I don't think it can erase knowledge... Specially if you have applied it at some other point in a memory that you haven't lost.

And this is why having an internal monologue that explains your powers to yourself once in a while is important, I suppose. You never know when something like this might happen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I don't think those count as memories... No matter what cartoons try to tell you. You are born with your body knowing how to do everything it needs to do to keep working, that is ot memory, I don't even think it counts as instinct.

Plus, that is something you do every single moment of your life, so there is plenty of reference on how to do it, unless you have basicaly been reduced to a blank slate.

Same applies to keeping your balance while you walk. Losing memories could erase events, but I don't think it can erase knowledge... Specially if you have applied it at some other point in a memory that you haven't lost.

And this is why having an internal monologue that explains your powers to yourself once in a while is important, I suppose. You never know when something like this might happen.
    I don't know what those are, but I do know that I had to not only recover both my ability to breathe and swallow, but I also had to relearn the difference between the two while in rehab. Side note: a spoonful of mashed potatoes feel absolutely terrible in your lungs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

5. - Top - End - #275

That is, in part, how Alzheimers works. Not the literal "Memories" bit, but the break down of the body forgetting how to do things simply by the destruction of cognitive ability. Thats what we're looking at here with this power, no matter how pretty we want to doll it up.

So, for all the cartoons and other silly forms of media may boil it down to rather crude terms, the body is more then able to forget basic functions. In fact, the body seems pre-disposed to forget, or simply interfere with such basic as time wears on or suffers trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    I don't know what those are, but I do know that I had to not only recover both my ability to breathe and swallow, but I also had to relearn the difference between the two while in rehab. Side note: a spoonful of mashed potatoes feel absolutely terrible in your lungs.
    Case and point. Memories are an abstract thing. Electrical impluses in the brain only. The destruction or damage to the "wiring" so to speak can do all sorts of truely awful stuff.

In fact, there is a whole branch of Psychology based around the very concept of the human ability to store, retain and recall information, the ability to heal it and understanding it as a whole. Its called Cognitive Neruoscience.

tl;dr: Memories don't work that way. Basic human abilities such as swallowing, walking and breathing all have to be processed -somewhere-. They are, in the end, the same as memories. Even if you yourself don't have to think about them every waking second.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-06 at 03:37 AM.
    My Current Works

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

However, I don't think anyone will let their character forget those memories. Remember. He doesn't choose said memories. The player of the target does. Heck, even with Resureccion, you decide what the most 'valued' memories are.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    However, I don't think anyone will let their character forget those memories. Remember. He doesn't choose said memories. The player of the target does. Heck, even with Resureccion, you decide what the most 'valued' memories are.
    Yes, I understand that.

Though, I would like to point out -any- memory may very well be the memory on how to...breath...swallow...blink...things like that. Its worth keeping in mind just how powerful the ability -could- be.
    Is what I said. Along with.

it looks more or less balanced with the ammendment that the other player picks whats forgotton.
    I'm well aware of how the power works. I'm simply poiting out the ability is quite terrifying on mutiple levels. And without such well placed balancing factors, it very well could be HAX incarnate.

I was complimenting Purple in her ability to make an intellegent, well thought out and balanced character while still giving him an intersting ability that could easily be out of control.
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

I forget. Did anyone volunteer to have the character to give Izumi her powers?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought about making such a shinigami... but I don't know if I will have time to play such a character.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be really, really happy if you did. You're an awesome RPer.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be really, really happy if you did. You're an awesome RPer.
    Well, we can certainly talk about it in PM if you want.
    I already have two mortal world characters...but I maybe can do one shinigami, even if involved in the mortal world at the beginning.

==============================

My partner character for Purple Rose's mortal human. I hope it is okay?

襟巻 "Eri" (Erima)

Spoiler
    Show

Type: Tsukumogami (please see 'Nature and Abilities')
    Height: 160cm
    Appearance:
    • In human form, Eri appears as a student of the same age as Takara. She wears her hair with a ribbon tied in it, generally patterned or colored, and prone to being changed by day.
      Spoiler
      Show
      Often it actually is patterned in the style of whatever pattern or color she last was appearing as when she was a scarf.
      Her appearance is unimposing, and though she has good posture, often she is seen lazily in class, though she is quite proficient in PE.
    • (Human form)
      Spoiler
      Show
    • Other (see below)
      Spoiler
      Show
      Being a scarf otherwise, she can appear in different shapes and sizes, as well as color or pattern to match an outfit.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show

A practical and deliberate being, Eri gives off a little bit of an air of 'coolness' though she is very 'down-to-earth.' She is quiet and serious most of the time, not that she is anti-social (she actually really enjoys learning and talking to people deep within), but she is wary of her own lack of experience in conversation and perhaps the certain oddities of her character. She maybe even is a little shy.
    Certainly proud and confident in her own nature and ability, she nonetheless is a 'straight-man' kind of character, who is constantly put off-balance by the energetic and excitable Takara.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, part of this is due to her lack of ability to accurately predict human nature, though Takara's often compulsive attitude does not make this easy anyway.
    She is something of a 'tsukkomi' or 'tsundere' kind of character. Sometimes Eri tries to distance herself from 'humans' but actually greatly enjoys their presence. She is a little ignorant of a lot of things still in human life, but yet is very perceptive on people's feelings, even if the motivations behind them are difficult to understand for her.

Background:
    Eri is a tsukumogami- a 'youkai' who became alive, but was originally an object. Her original form is a scarf, made by the great-grandmother of Takara. She was well cared for and worn by both Takara's grandmother and mother. Somehow, she ended up in storage with other things as Takara's family settled became a little better off after the war. Having been used and then neglected for 100 years, she can assume a human form at will, and she has a monstrous form (her 'youkai' form).
    She likely would have become an angry and vengeful spirit, except Takara appeared and 'adopted' her, finding the scarf within the attic of her house. Playing with it often when she was younger, one day while playing the scarf became a human somewhat like her, and they became friends. Since then, they have quite been inseparable.
    Nature and Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show

Tsukumogami
    Being a supernatural existence, Eri can see ghosts and other spiritual beings. Being a tsukumogami, her original form is a scarf, made by the great-grandmother of Takara. Having been used and then neglected for 100 years, she can assume a human form at will, though because of her bond with Takara's family, if 'wielded' or 'held' by one of their family members, she cannot return to human form until released.
    A Good Muffler:
    • As a 'shapeshift object' she can change her form slightly within reason. For example,as a scarf she can become longer or thicker, change color and pattern. This makes her a valuable accessory (sometimes to her chagrin) to Takara.
    • Under Eri's own power, she can do such things as turn one of her arms into part of a scarf- but such a thing is frightening for humans and she considers it extremely poor taste. An insult to both humans and to youkai.

Wearing: When Eri changes between forms, she returns to her other form in the appearance of what she was like before. For scarf, this means that what pattern/color her last form was (which can be changed then easily). For a human, this means she is wearing whatever she was wearing before she changed.
    Injury: When she is wounded, this will affect her between forms. For a scarf, she maybe appears more worn and frayed. For a human, she may be scratched or bleeding. For her monstrous form it may be a combination of the two.
    Combat monstrous form: The 'monstrous' form of Eri is the scarf, much elongated, and yet seemingly (for those with spiritual vision) emitting a dangerous, purple aura. The ends of the scarf are razor sharp claws, and the whole form is animate and strongly resistant to slashing weapons. Often though when worn, Takara controls her. Quickly slashing and striking like arms or serpents themselves, it would be difficult to approach Takara easily. Eri's more 'youkai' nature comes out, and she generally is more inclined to violence and enjoys causing fear.

Traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Warm
    Because of her actual nature as a scarf, Eri isn't bothered by cold weather. For example, her hands are always warm to touch, though this slight strangeness has in the past caused people to think that she in fact has a fever when she does not. Likewise, the opposite is true in summer. While she is fine in cold weather, she is not fond of hot weather.
    Sleepy
    Often Eri seems a little weary or gloomy. It is likely because she has exerted her power too much, or not gotten enough sleep. If forcibly wielded as a weapon in monstrous form by Takara, Eri is generally weary and tired after it (which tends to make her less agreeable). If she's very tired maybe she'll just sleep where she is, or become a scarf for a while.
    Youkai nature
    • Because she is a Tsukumogami, she cannot enter into holy grounds like Shrines or Temples in human form. Even though she can normally communicate with Eri while a scarf, she is completely silent, as if just a normal scarf within such places. Obviously she would prefer not to go to such a place, and if she has the option, she will refuse to accompany Eri (or whoever she is with) into the place. If pulled forcibly into the grounds, she will automatically become a normal scarf (like above) until they leave.
    • In human form, she very faintly gives off a trace of supernatural energy, though trained priests or other supernatural creatures probably are the only ones who could identify that aura as being a youkai. This trace of energy is from the 'magic' of gaining a human form. It is something like a 'gigai' except a real body. (If you would please, talk to me in a pm before assuming your character can look at her and tell instantly what she is. I am happy to work things out, but this is not the case of her being a ghost or spirit, for those who can see such things.)
    • When she is in scarf form, she gives off no such energy and is just a scarf. In her combat form, this energy is much more visible (and can likely be noticed even by the other spiritually aware mortals).

Abomination of Life
    Eri absolutely hates and is terrified of moths and other cloth-eating insects. She will slay them wherever they are and whenever she finds one if she can. On the last school trip to the zoo, at the Insect-Viewing Place she was forced to leave after 'causing disturbance' inside the building. Though most students probably just think she dislikes insects (it is not untrue).

Abomination of False Life
    Like all Tsukumogami, Eri greatly dislikes and distrusts (is also maybe even a little afraid, though she won't ever admit it) of electric devices. Lights are okay, but she hates even such things as crosswalk signs or computers. Even microwaves and most certainly automatic doors. She doesn't trust them at all, but grudgingly accepts them. She will avoid interacting with such things if at all possible, which might lead to occasional awkward or humorous situations.
    She has skipped every Computers class, and writes everything by pen or pencil. She struggles in math but is too proud to ask for help (because of calculators). Likewise, it goes without saying she has no cellular phone. If one wants to contact her, it would be good to ask Takara, because Eri won't even answer a telephone.

Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-04-06 at 09:34 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

PM off.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

i thought it would be hilarious if Mortimer did, there would be all all sorts of jokes and puns he would make with aid from shikai.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

If Kasanip doesn't work, I suppose it could be my KC unseated Yoshi.

...Though since his sealed form is a staff, it may be hard to stab her near the heart.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    If Kasanip doesn't work, I suppose it could be my KC unseated Yoshi.

...Though since his sealed form is a staff, it may be hard to stab her near the heart.
    That's not true. He just has to keep stabbing.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Does that Shinigami need to be anyone particularly special, horngeek?

Edit: Do you think Kina might know Takara or Eri? I don't recall if Takara's shown up yet in the registry, I might have to read her bio if she did.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-06 at 09:43 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Regarding Purple's character...

I admit that overall, it's well crafted. But beyond just the general concern of him being a "memory thief", I'm particularly concerned by how easy it is. All it takes is a scratch in his sealed form? When he's an admitted speed demon? That seems to be begging for him to run rings around a more skilled opponent until they're a drooling mess.

Honestly, due to my discomfort with the basic premise and powers of the characters, I'd prefer it if I could avoid interaction between him and my characters. Shouldn't be hard, as I have no Arrancar, and have none planned. None of my other characters would likely meet up anyways. *Shrugs* But there it is.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Edit: Do you think Kina might know Takara or Eri? I don't recall if Takara's shown up yet in the registry, I might have to read her bio if she did.
    Takara's profile is not up yet (it is Purple Rose's), but it is my thought that Eri and Takara are first year students at the same school the other mortal world teenagers are too.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-04-06 at 10:05 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Has Erima only started going to school recently like a normal student? If so, wouldn't that make her sort of like a transfer student?
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-06 at 11:40 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Halfling in the Playground

First off, thanks for the responses to my character. Perhaps to quell concerns I should amend to say that Wasureru is not going to be immediately attacking every person he encounters, nor will he strike endlessly at a target. More to the point, as with all character interactions, nothing will happen to your character unless you permit it too and no fight will occur with whoever is involved having worked it out beforehand.

Also, I would prefer that memories stolen not be ones such as how to breath and such. That's not very good for character development.

Secondly, Takara:

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Takara
    Type: Spiritually Empowered Human

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show

Picture by Kasanip

Takara is a typical highschool student. She is the same height as Eri and has black hair cut just above shoulder length.

Personality:
    Takara is quite nearly the polar opposite of Eri. She is excitable and energetic. Outgoing and somewhat compulsive in everything she does. She is the kind of person who gets a random idea in her head and doggedly follows through with it until its done. She tends to drag Eri along with her on these sudden expeditions, regardless of whether the girl wants to go or not.

Background: Takara is an only child and has been able to see ghost and other spiritual beings since she was very young. She would often spend more time playing with ghost than with the other children, though it was always assumed she was playing make-believe. Because of this she became a bit of an outcast at school, seen as the weird girl who talks to herself.

As she grew older, Takara spent most of her time playing alone at home or exploring the neighborhood. She especially enjoyed playing in her family's attic. One day she dug out an old box and found a collection of her great-grandmother's old clothing, including an old scarf. Takara fell in love with the old piece of cloth and wore it everywhere, playing with it and taking it with her even during the weather was warm.

Of course, much to her joy, the scarf transformed into a girl her own age one day while she was playing. Being used to ghost and other strange spiritual creatures, Takara immediately befriended Eri and the rest is history.

Abilities: Takara is very spiritually aware, able to see all sorts of spiritual beings aside from ghosts and hollows and shinigami. Though she is physically powerful, she is well trained in martial arts. In addition, she has developed a super human level of speed and agility. She also has the ability to transform and "wield" Eri, wearing her around her neck in combat and using her as a pair of clawed, fluid limbs to strike with. Her relationship with Eri is such that in combat they flow seamlessly between her influencing Eri's motions and Eri being in control of her own attacks, the two working in a sublime unity.

In combat, Takara tends to rely on her speed to leap in and out of her target's range, dodging attacks and allowing Eri to strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Of course, Takara's ability to change and wear Eri tends to translate far more often into her using the girl as a warm accessory, whether or not Eri felt like being worn at the moment.
    Last edited by Purple Rose; 2010-04-06 at 01:32 PM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I was perusing BleachForums.com just now and came upon this little gem of a thread.

I love the way Beckoner breaks things down in his analysis of Shunpo/Sonido, so I thought I would put it on the table here. I don't know if we've ever really dug into the matter of Shunpo/Sonido analysis before, but this could be a good time to do so.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    So I was perusing BleachForums.com just now and came upon this little gem of a thread.

I love the way Beckoner breaks things down in his analysis of Shunpo/Sonido, so I thought I would put it on the table here. I don't know if we've ever really dug into the matter of Shunpo/Sonido analysis before, but this could be a good time to do so.
    sounds to me that the "fastest" is actually the most maneuverable.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, I think that guy has it backwards. From what I thought, being good at shunpo was based on 'crossing the greatest distance with the least amount of steps' while lesser users need to make more steps. Oddly, that doesn't affect that guy's theory much though. Even if someone can cross a distance faster, if they use more shunpo steps to cross it then their opponent who crossed the same distance, but slower, with one step then the second person's shunpo/sonido was still better.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

I like how the mortal world has an increasing amount of social misfits. The reclusive shrine girl, intimidating loner, shy little beginner Quincy and misunderstood weird girl sound like a great group of friends.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Actually, I think that guy has it backwards. From what I thought, being good at shunpo was based on 'crossing the greatest distance with the least amount of steps' while lesser users need to make more steps. Oddly, that doesn't affect that guy's theory much though. Even if someone can cross a distance faster, if they use more shunpo steps to cross it then their opponent who crossed the same distance, but slower, with one step then the second person's shunpo/sonido was still better.
    His idea and his delivering are backwards, in fact. I don't remember who said it or were but mastery of Shumpo (no info on sonido) involves taking the least steps to go from point A to point B. This has no drawbacks, the less steps you need, the less energy is wasted taking steps and moving between the two points, which leaves energy free to be used in other Hoho techniques such as... The cloning one, forgot the name.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #296

Gemelos Sonído (双児響転 (ヘメロス・ソニード), Hemerosu Sonīdo; Spanish for "Sound Twins", Japanese for "Sweeping Sound Ceremony"): Zommari Leroux is the only Arrancar shown to have been able to use this technique and it allows him to create clone-like afterimages of himself. Up to five clones can be created using this technique. Because of this, Zommari claims that he is the fastest Espada.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

I was talking about the equivalent shumpo technique Hadrian, there is one. But the name is japanese and it is a very underused skill, so we haven't seen it as often. In contrast, even through Gemelos Sonido has been seen... About as much really, because the name is spanish I can remember it with ease.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-06 at 04:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I was talking about the equivalent shumpo technique Hadrian, there is one. But the name is japanese and it is a very underused skill, so we haven't seen it as often. In contrast, even through Gemelos Sonido has been seen... About as much really, because the name is spanish I can remember it with ease.
    Molting Cicada something.

29. - Top - End - #299

My bad, Draken. Here you go:

Utsusemi (空蝉, Cicada, referencing their molting): It allows for a movement at great speed leaving an afterimage behind. The afterimage may even appear to have taken damage.

The agility and speed of Hohō can be enhanced and improved through mastery of it, concentration, and training. The foremost practitioners of this technique are those assigned to the Onmitsukidō.

-------------------------------------------

Also, looks like today is my last for posting for... who knows how long. It's been a pleasure playing with you all, though I regret both my failing activity as of late as well as not being able to see the plot to its end. However, I do look forward to reading out things when down once I finally regain consistent net access. Best of luck to you all, this has been (overall) a great experience. Perhaps, someday, I'll have the time to play/run another game with this crowd.
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2010-04-06 at 04:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Molting Cicada something.
    Satoshi used it all the time as i remember.
    Last edited by Goblin Music; 2010-04-06 at 05:01 PM.