New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Music View Post
    Satoshi used it all the time as i remember.
    *Shrugs* At this point, Satoshi all but melds sonido and shunpo. Whatever you call the technique, it's him being stupid fast (I mean what I typed, too), and leaving clones.

Me, I figure that while it's fun to dissect stuff, this level is more for fun. Everyone plays out their character's hoho expertise a little differently anyways.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Or reiatsu sensing. Or really, any of the non-zanpaktou abilities.

Speaking of which, I changed the physical form of Izumi's Zanpaktou- it's now a Daisho pair sealed.

The physical form of the Shikai is directly inspired by Kyoraku's. The abilities aren't, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Erscheinung Von Geister: Ghost King of Hollows
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6’2”
    Weight: 187 lb.
    Speech/Reiatsu/Cero color: Dark Slate Gray
    Aspect of Death: Corruption
    Mask Fragment: Teethed shoulderpads.
    Hollow Hole: Ribcage.

Physical Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Geister looms tall above most. He wears a white hakama with long sleeves, white gloves, white socks and white sandals, all covered by a white mantle that falls from beneath his pauldrons, which in turn boast short, sharp teeth. His face bears the weight of age and his hair is gray of the same ailment. He always holds an ivory cane in one of his hands.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Geister is patient. Shinigami are long-lived, but hollow are immortal, and no hollow to date has lived longer than him. For millennia he has kept his grip tight over the vastest swath of the White Sands and the Forest of Menos. For centuries he has kept the stalemate between Hueco Mundo and the Soul Society. For decades he has kept the secret of the hougyoku, the tool that could end the stalemate, but surely cause the downfall of both sides, and for an equal amount of time he has been wise enough never to consider its use.
    In the rule of his city, Las Noches, crown jewel of Hueco Mundo, Von Geister cannot be considered anything less than the best one could hope… For a monster. His decisions mostly work out for the best of the group, if not usually to the benefit of the individual. In counter, his punishments are harsh, harsher than death itself could be, if the need calls.
    In more personal matters, the old hollow has a soft spot for his queen, and to a lesser extent, for his Espada. He nourishes a cold spite for reapers everywhere, and perceives mortals as amusing, shallow things with petty concerns that are ultimately trivial. He is also a compulsive collector of exotic creatures, be them spiritual or mortal.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Geister is the mightiest of all hollows, a status that he has kept for millennia.

Bala: Von Geister’s bala is as potent as one could expect. He can fire as many as six bala per second.

Cero: Cero is one of his areas of mastery. Von Geister is capable of effortlessly generating and firing two ceros at once. He’s also capable of using Cero Doble to redirect ceros back at attackers.

Hierro: Von Geister has a potent hierro, as expected of his power.

Garganta: Garganta is a technique owned by all hollows, used for dimensional transportation. Von Geister’s is capable of forcing a vacuum to form at the portal, either forcing things into it or out of it. This vacuum results in a relatively strong windstorm directly in front of the open portal. He is also capable of creating truly vast gates.

Sonido: Von Geister’s agility is inferior to expectancies, but his speed is still considerable.

Regeneration: Von Geister can quickly regenerate moderate wounds and even regrown or reattach lost limbs, organs and other body parts. Regenerating internal organs takes time and large amounts of energy.

Organic Byoconstruction: Von Geister has the power to control and transform organic matter; this manipulation takes time and effort and happens on a genetic level. The exception to this rule is the manipulation of the organic material of his zanpakutou, which is made of hollow bone, Von Geister can swiftly cause the object to grow and morph into a variety of structures to serve as different weapons.
    Altering living creatures is risky and exceedingly prone to failure, which leads to cell degeneration and death. For this reason, Von Geister prefers to use Reene’s brood as subjects for genetic alteration, since they all share similar genetic codes and are exceedingly numerous.

Zanpakutou: Misa Cancerosa (Cancerous Mass)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sealed Form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misa cancerosa’s sealed form is Von Geister’s cane, a four feet long staff of spotless, white hollow bone tipped by a circular handle with spiral markings.

Resurrección:
    "Transfórme, Misa Cancerosa."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Geister’s legs split into six arthropod limbs, and his arms, now four in number, become similarly insectile, all covered in white hollow bone. His body enlarges to four times his natural size, his head is completely engulfed by his mask, an insectile head bearing ten small, glowing green eyes, a five-parted, insectile lower mandible and a bone frill extending from his forehead, with innumerable thin tendrils extending from beneath it like a mane. Von Geister’s back is adorned by four elastic tentacles, each tipped with a heavy bone spike. Finally, his body extends further back, a mass hidden beneath a segmented plate and supported by a myriad of short insectile legs.

Misa Cancerosa grants Von Geister a few extra natural weapons and the power to create and manipulate cysts of anomalous organic tissue. He gains a pair of staffs that he can manipulate in the same manner as his zanpakutou.

Tentáculo de Punto: Each of the four tentacles on Von Geister’s back can extend as far as sixty feet, the heavy spike at the end of each is very dense, making it stronger and heavier than it appears.

Cañón de Espina: Von Geister has structures in his head frill that allow him to fire volleys of small bony spines in quick bursts. These spines pack a strong punch.

Quiste Canceroso:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Geister can produce a cyst of anomalous tissue and implant it on a victim, or throw it like a projectile. The cysts are a focus for many of his other abilities. Implanting a cyst on a victim requires said victim to be helpless or willing. Once implanted, the cyst latches to the tissue around it and links with the host’s blood vessels to sustain it. It can usually be felt as a nodule beneath the skin, seen as a tumor through appropriate means, and can be removed by means of chirurgery.
    A cyst without a host starves to death in a few minutes.

Once a cyst has been created it can then be altered in one of many ways, once a cyst has been so mutated it cannot mutate into a different form. Von Geister cannot manipulate a cyst if he is not in the same plane as it.

Hinchar Quiste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Geister causes a cyst to swell abruptly. If within a host, the swelling can cause intense pain and hinder movements, as the hollow tissue grows around and over muscles and tendons. Most forms of spiritual healing and regeneration will attack the cancerous growth and cause it to regress.
    If the cyst is not inside a host, the growth of cancerous tissue will spread over any avaiable surfaces, creating a carpet of organic material capable of sustaining itself on ambient reishi particles to last indefinitely. Cysts can attach to this layer of organic material for sustenance, but the destruction of the original cyst causes the tissue to lose the capacity to feed.

Explotar Quiste:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Von Geister causes the cyst to enlarge and explode violently in a shower of acid, bone fragments and gore. The explosion can be lethal if it happens inside of a host. Alternatively, the cyst can burst into poisonous spores; this is a much less violent explosion and is unlikely to damage a host. The poison is not lethal, meant simply to knock victims out.

Tumor Nervioso:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The cyst develops nervous terminations that link to the host’s own nervous system, allowing Von Geister access to the victim’s mind and senses. Von Geister can telepathically communicate with the host of one of these cysts, perceive the word through their senses (while losing awareness of his own), and assault the victim’s mind, manipulating their perception, personality and memories. This cyst also allows the host to communicate with other bearers of the Tumor Nervioso. None of this cyst’s psychic powers work across the planes.
    A Tumor Nervioso not inside a host spreads ganglion tissue over a small surrounding area, this tissue produces an electric current and contact with it can be harmful, if detached from a suitable organic material (such as that created by Hinchar quiste), the tissue dies in no more than ten minutes, dispersing in the air as reishi shortly afterwards.

Terminar Quiste: Von Geister causes the cyst to degenerate and die, dealing no harm to the host.

Segunda Etapa:
    Soberano de la Evolución. (Sovereign of Evolution)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Too lazy to write now, but it will be nasty.]

Reene Lucaster, Queen of the White Sands
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’8”
    Weight: 140 lb.
    Speech/Reiatsu/Cero color: Olive
    Aspect of Death: Thirst
    Mask Fragment: Necklace.
    Hollow Hole: navel.

Physical Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In contrast with the aged visage of the Ghost King, Reene is a beautiful woman, with white skin and deep green eyes. Her black hair reaches down to the middle of her back, straight and framing her face with two bangs that reach down to her neck. The remains of her mask form a thick necklace and her hollow hole is right below her breasts, hidden by her dress, which is fully closed and quite form-fitting.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reene handles many affairs of the city in her mate’s stead, and also keeps close tabs on some of the interests of Las Noches in the Mortal World, and as one could expect, she is very controlling, but also oddly matronly and even nurturing at times.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bala: Reene’s balas have a tendency to slash through objects and then dissipating, as opposed to simply exploding. She can cause them to explode, however.

Cero: Reene charges her cero in front of her chest, it is considerably strong.

Hierro: Reene’s hierro is moderately strong.

Garganta: Reene has no special techniques involving garganta.

Sonido: Reene is very agile, capable of blurring through the landscape with ease. Using sonido does not tire her out.

Scouring Sand: Reene controls the sands of Hueco Mundo, and by extension, the sand, silt and dust everywhere. The crystal sand of Hueco Mundo is particularly destructive, but when under her control, even the dust of the mortal world can be dangerous. Controlling the sandstorm requires concentration, and when not directly controlled it will spiral around her.

Zanpakutou: Gandra (Arid Land)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gandra takes the shape of a katana. Its sheath is tied around Reene’s waist by a white sash. The blade is clear and the hilt is of a lustrous black.

Resurrección
    Scour, Gandra.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reene’s body becomes covered in a segmented skeletal armor, which takes the place of her clothes. This armor has a long, flat tail with a five claws at the end surrounding an orifice that resembles a mouth, and has thicker segments on its back. Her hands and feet boast razor claws, and a second pair of arms appears. A skull-like helmet appears on her head, flat and eyeless.

Storm of Razor Sand: The sand Reene controls while in resurrección compacts against itself, forming minuscule blades of great cutting potential. Controlling the sandstorm requires concentration, and when not directly controlled it will spiral around her.

Broodmother:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reene can expel an egg from the mouthlike structure at the end of her tail. From these eggs hatch, at the whim of their mother, spiderlike creatures made of white hollow bone. These critters attempt to latch to a host of humanoid shape, at which point a special form of hollowfication begins. If the victim fails to resist the hollowfication, she will be covered in an armor of hollow bone and become a drone under Reene’s control. After twenty-four hours, the new drone will gain the power to revert to the shape of the original being and act perfectly like the original, but retaining a very weak hollow reiatsu.
    Purifying or killing the drone destroys the broodling, leaving the original victim safe and unharmed in place of the drone, but unconscious. This hollowfication will never result in an unstable vizard, if inflicted upon a shinigami, but might awake spiritual powers of hollow nature on mortals.

Broodling:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stats:
    Strength: 15. Broodlings are considerably stronger than normal humans, but generally need a spiritually aware victim to be unconscious before being capable of doing anything.
    Offense: 5. Broodlings have no claws, fangs or natural weapons.
    Defense: 20. Broodlings have hollow bone armor for plating.
    Agility: 20: Broodlings are fairly fast and excellent jumpers. They cannot use sonido.
    Intelligence: 0. Broodlings are irrational.
    Cero/Bala/Reiatsu: 10. Broodlings boast little to no reiatsu. They cannot use cero or bala.

Broodlings are poor combatants, all they can truly do is try to latch to a host and turn into a drone. Broodlings that fail to do so die in twenty-four hours.

Drone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength: +20
    Offense: +20
    Defense: +20
    Agility: +20
    Intelligence: +0
    Cero/Bala/Reiatsu: +20

Drones use the stats of their victim, plus the boosts above. They are superior to their victim, but not overly so.

Laying eggs takes time and effort, Reene needs around sixteen hours to finish releasing a clutch. Each egg is roughly two feet tall and is visible even to non-spiritually aware beings.

Defensive Roll: Reene can curl herself into a ball, protecting herself with the near-impervious plating on her back. While in this form she can roll and strike enemies with her weight and the spines on her armor, but cannot see or exercise control of her sandstorm.

Segunda Etapa: Reina Madre (Mother Queen)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Not yet achieved]

Battle Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strength: 20
    Offense: 40
    Defense: 50
    Agility: 50
    Intelligence: 75
    Cero/Bala/Reiatsu: 50

Don't be too unique or the king of hollows is going to steal you and add you to his zoo.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-06 at 07:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Geister is a freaking Queen?

...*snort*...*laugh*

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Oooh. That is certainly a much better picture than the ones I had avaiable, for visualization purposes.

But yeah, in effect, that's pretty much the base material.

You still gonna laugh crystalboy?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Draken, I was under the impression that the Queen of Hollows would not be a large military asset. However, her stats rival those of Captains, and she has numerous potent abilities. Was I mistaken in my belief?
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

...*restrains laugh*

...>.>

But really, that's an awesome idea. *thumbs up*

As for 'crystalboy', I've been thinking about dropping Koujin down to low-seated level, so as to get the opportunity to play through the power growth available to him. Not sure yet, but definitely an idea I'm toying with.

...so...does Reene wear the pants in the family? *laughs*

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Draken, I was under the impression that the Queen of Hollows would not be a large military asset. However, her stats rival those of Captains, and she has numerous potent abilities. Was I mistaken in my belief?
    Hmm... Point. Let me redo the numbers. The abilities themselves I don't see as really that much, however.

Edit2: Battle stats reduced across the board (except for intelligence, but that is not much of a battle stat to begin with). Better? I must say I have really no perspective with the battlestats.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-06 at 07:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree that the main problem is the stats. The abilities can be scaled up or down as appropriate to said stats.

Otherwise, both look good. Pretty innovative (even if a couple of Reene's abilities seem just a touch familiar), and Von Geister's end is certainly creepy enough without causing too many game balance issues.

Edit: Seems okay to me.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-04-06 at 07:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene has actually not changed at all. Her abilities, I mean, they are the exact same as the current game.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-06 at 07:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're referring to her abilities, I'll confess that I never read it the first time. If memory serves, I didn't give a critique at the time, either. Thus, I give it now.

Edit: Ah, yes. Yeah, never commented on them (or saw Reene much) in the current game.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-04-06 at 07:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't blame you for not reading her abilities before.

I have been just too lazy to write her sheet down up until now. She's not really been posted yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to TVGA's pointed, and not entirely un-warranted, questions about Osamu (and because I got a better idea for a zanpakuto) I've decided to completely retool his zanpakuto to fit together better then simply on 'read the legend he was based off of'. So....

Ryuunosuke Osamu (Family, First), 5th Division Captain Candidate v. 2.0
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 155 pounds
    Reiatsu: Royal Blue
    Division: 5th

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Osamu is generally what people picture when they imagine a captain of the Gotei 13, an older man with stern features and the sort of confidence emanating from him that can only come from years of experience. Gray hair that looks like it's turning silver is pulled back in a small top knot that keeps his hair out of his eyes, forsaking the more traditional kenseikan of other noble families. His face is heavily lined with age and possibly scars, giving him a weathered look to his skin that is offset by watery blue eyes. Despite one might expect, his eyes are crystal clear and he is well aware of his surroundings.

Osamu has a lean and muscled body that is hidden beneath his traditional shinigami robes and sleeveless captain's haori. Despite his choice of haori and the long sleeves of his shihakusho, there is no real deviation from the standard garb of a shinigami or a captain and bears little note. His zanpakuto is sheathed on his left hip. Underneath of the robes is the body of a hardened warrior but most surprisingly is the darkened color of his left hand, implying that the limb is dead though it continues to move. Tucked into the cloth belt about his waist is a thin teak pipe with a silver bowl on the end of it, a suspicious lump beside it that suggests the presence of a lighter as well.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As an old shinigami and long-time officer, Osamu is long set in his ways to the point that few people doubt he'll ever change his methods of operating. He is an advocate that the law must be followed, even when it doesn't seem fair, if for no other reason then the fact he can't expect anyone else (especially his children) to obey the law if the shinigami don't. To him, breaking the law is often a more severe crime then what ever law was broken and those who speak out vocally against a law they find unfair (let alone take rebellious action) are worse then scum. Several times in the past though he has made it a point to petition the Central 46 to adjust unfair ordinances and such as a pointed demonstration of just how one goes about changing the system.

As the head of one of the four great noble houses, Osamu often has to divide his time between his duties to his Division and his loyalties to his House which he has managed to do by severe lack of sleep, though he keeps it from affecting his work most of the time. He does this, in part, by merging the two together. He uses funds from the Ryuunosuke family to fund private projects of the 5th Division and has taken a personal interest in finding those with potential in the Ryuunosuke family to fill out the ranks of the 5th's seated officers. Of note though, is that Osamu does take some liberties with the position of the 5th Division for the protection of the Seireitei and as a possible way of ferreting out possible Las Noches informants. To do this, he has long since trained the Hell Butterflies of the Seireitei to give him any message passed along by them before giving the message to the intended recipient. Needless to say he has also trained the shinigami messengers to bring any messages or notices by his office first if they seem suspicious and has begun to work towards bugging the reishi phones used by shinigami in the world of the living. By this method, he monitors the flow of information in the Seireitei for signs of treachery and has long since disguised the fact the Hell Butterflies prolonged flights as an un-related matter. He is a rather canny old man after all.

Of his vices, Osamu does have a fondness for his pipe and for having pretty shinigami around his Division though he hasn't gone out of his way to recruit such shinigami or even thought about doing anything to those already in his Division. To him, it's enough that he has something nice to look forward to seeing when he goes to work everyday in his twilight years.

Zanpakuto: Bakekujira
    Spoiler
    Show
    Osamu's zanpakuto takes the form of a regular katana with just some minor cosmetic differences that doesn't impact it's ability in combat much. The pommel is capped with an odd red metal with a black grip-wrap with ivory underneath. The guard is shaped like an octagon of the same red metal as the pommel cap with small circles along the edge of the octagon that have jangling rings passed through them. When drawn, one other minor difference can be seen in that the zanpakuto lacks a hamon (the wavy pattern along part of the edge of a katana).

Shikai:
    Kodokuna kaiganni shutubotu site
    Nandi no mieru tokoro ni
    Byouki wo hiromero!

(Haunt the lonely shores,
    bring a sickness unto them,
    to all in your gaze! Ghost Whale)

Upon the release of Osamu's zanpakuto, Bakekujira turns into a long-shafted harpoon with a wickedly barbed spearhead made from a ghostly vapor that glows a faint yellow light. For many, this would imply that Bakekujira can't be used as a weapon but the fog spear-head cuts just as well as if it was made from metal but carries a far more potent effect.

Those wounded by Bakekujira become 'cursed' and are able to see the true shikai from that point on until Osamu reseals his zanpakuto. The true shape of Bakekujira takes form as two massive eyes that float just above and behind Osamu's shoulders with bright lights shining forth from them. They act as miniature spot-lights for Osamu, who can see out of them as if they were his own eyes. Usually they follow whichever direction he is looking, but he is capable of looking in other directions with them for almost 360 degrees of vision. Those 'cursed' benefit in that they can tell which way Osamu is truly looking, but those who can't tell usually find Osamu aware of their presence even when he isn't looking at them. However, the 'cursed' have a far greater problem in that while the ghostly light of the eyes is on them, they find their resolve to fight weaker. Essentially, it dulls the edge of their blades somewhat while making it easier for enemies to harm them. This effect fades the moment one leaves the light cast from the eyes.

In addition, the harpoon has a rope fixed to the end of it that is coiled about Osamu's right hand. It has, easily, sixty feet of length and is more akin to a steel coil then actual rope in hardness.

Bankai: Rarely seen as Osamu prefers to avoid using bankai, preferring to retreat instead if a battle has progressed to that point. He claims this is because his bankai is too noisy and troublesome to use too often.
    Spoiler
    Show

Once Osamu releases his bankai, his Bakekujira becomes a massive (easily one hundred and seventy five feet long) skeletal whale that hovers above the ground. However, it has a more...armored appearance to it with more bones then a whale should have to almost construct a body out of hard bone. Seaweed hangs freely off of it with sea water dripping from the massive creature's toothed maw and underside as if it was full of the stuff. However...the whale is transparent for most, with it's only method of attacking being either the sickening stench of rotten seafood around it that causes most people to become nauseated from being anywhere close to Bakekujira or by being hit by a powerful, but short-range, blast of energy that looks like the whale launches a school of skeletal fish at Osamu's enemies.

Osamu's zanpakuto continues to hold the shape of the ghostly harpoon though, and harmed by it find that the ghost whale is all too real for them. Those 'cursed' have to contend with being hit by jagged flippers, being slammed by the monstrous tail, or even being swallowed down by the beast in addition to the eyelights having returned. And yes, it is quite evident to the 'cursed' that the eyes seen before belonged to the skeletal whale.

Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Osamu's zanpakuto spirit actually takes the form of multiple 'individuals', that of multiple skeletal fishermen on a long and low fishing boat. They are loud, rude, and a bit more blood-thirsty then Osamu himself is which makes it all the better that Osamu came to terms with his zanpakuto in his younger days when they shared a mentality better.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Osamu's inner world takes the form of a castle estate on the cliff of a storm-tossed sea, the castle similar to the Ryuunosuke household in design.

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kido: Osamu is skilled at kido, but prefers certain favorite spells as opposed to a vast library of kido to call upon. Distinctly he focuses on the bakudo for blocking attacks/kido and hado spells that deliver pin-point damage. There are rumors he is capable of mixing chants (with varied levels of success) but he hasn't demonstrated such an ability in battle.

Hoho: Average for his level, Osamu tires quickly with shunpo so tries to reserve using it for a sure attack against an enemy or ending a fight quickly with the senka technique.

Zanjutsu: Average, Osamu is less focused on how to use an actual katana as he is on spear-fighting since that's the form that his zanpakuto takes the majority of the time. Thus while he is a poor swordsman, he is a capable spear-fighter.

Hakuda: Osamu's hand-to-hand skills are only average to poor, having atrophied in his old age since he doesn't feel the need to get involved in such direct assaults any more. Should he be without his zanpakuto, he'd much rather fall back on kido then hand-to-hand.

Offense: Almost the majority of Osamu's ability lays towards offense, and it is well-demonstrated. He provides an over-whelming offense against enemies in the hopes of finishing them off quickly before he tires or discovering if they are too much for him to handle. Especially considering...

Defense: Average. Osamu has grown wiser and more experienced, but nothing could prevent him from getting old. It's for this reason Osamu aims to finish an opponent quickly and efficiently before they can get a chance to strike him back, though not to the point of recklessness. This means his physical defense and endurance is actually a bit on the low side for a captain. He doesn't take hits well and prolonged battles are battles he is likely to lose if he's actively fighting. However, he makes up for his physical deficiencies by using skillful applications of defense bakudo to defend himself and ending up as merely 'average' in defending himself because of it.

Battle Stats:

Possible connections:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Other captains
    • Vice Captain
    • Division members
    • Ryuunosuke household

Tropes:

To point, the only thing that changed about him is his abilities so you don't need to read the whole thing over again.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-04-09 at 09:37 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

biggrin Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Mind if I call Osamu Ahab? Because now he reminds me of how my dad read Moby **** to me when I was a child. Gay old times.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken
    Don't be too unique or the king of hollows is going to steal you and add you to his zoo.
    And now there's an image stuck in my head, of Ersch trapping Elder in a bottle and using him as a weather-control machine to make Hueco Muendo arable.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    And now there's an image stuck in my head, of Ersch trapping Elder in a bottle and using him as a weather-control machine to make Hueco Muendo arable.
    Bottles are overrated. He would be trapped in a mass of tissue created by Hinchar Quiste, connected to the great flesh matrix by a ganglious bloat made with numerous Tumores Nerviosos and added as a peripheric in the grand organic computer in the Forest of Menos section of Las Noches.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfffft, I prefer the X-Files Cancer Man over the Hollow King's use of the cancer theme.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    Nickolai Bolas

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 224 lbs.

Reiatsu/Speaking Color: Red

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick is a tall, decently muscled, and pale. He has flat, longish black hair, green eyes. He wears baggy pants and a black Dire En Grey tee shirt. His style of dress can be described as some what Gothic/JPunk.
    Spoiler
    Show

When his Hollow mask is on he has a Hallow hole right below his sternum that is 2 inches in diameter. Also if his soul is pulled out of his body it does not have arms. It does have Hollow arms when he uses them however. When he has his Hollow arms they look like a more organic version of black full plate armor. They are more curved and rounded, but they definitely seem to be Armor. His Hollow mask attaches to his arms by two thick-ish pieces of Armor.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick is a decently friendly guy. But he has something of a temper. And a bit of a mean streak when it comes to people who pick on those weaker then themselves. He is also a avid boxer. He also has a great deal of respect for women, he always is courteous and polite to them and acts in a chivalrous manner. He is very easily angered by anyone threatening a woman, or actually being violent towards one.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nick's father is a Geman naval officer, who was stationed at a near by UN naval base. Nick's mother was a cafe waitress. Nick has never met his father, who probably doesn't know he exists. Nick's grandfather was a wealthy business man who owned a Japanese version of Barns and Nobel. His grandfather died when Nick was 4 years old and his Grandmother was very instrumental in his upbringing.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nick is half Hollow. This happened when he was partially eaten by a Hallow while still alive, but before he could be completely devoured the Hollow was destroyed by a Quincy, or a Soul Reaper. (This will happen IC so whichever)

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lassen Sie die Schwarzen Arme Todes los
    (Let go the black arms of death)
    Nick's Hollow arms look like a more organic version of black full plate armor. They are more curved and rounded, but they definitely seem to be armor. His arms are just as hard to damage as a zampakto of a shinigami of equal power to Nick, and he can regenerate his arms, and only his arms by speaking the incantation again. When they first appear they seem to burst out from his shoulders. Later on Nick will learn to extend blades and spikes from anywhere on his arms and fists. These Spiky bits can extend up to 100 feet. But extending them more than 12 inches uses up a lot of energy.

Offenbaren Sie das Maskierte Gesicht Todes
    (Reveal the disguised face of death)
    Nick puts on his mask by speaking an incantation and then, unlike most Vizards, bringing both his hands up in front of his face and drawing them apart in opposite directions. Revealing his mask from the middle out. His mask is like a Greek Comedy Tragedy mask, but with one very noticeable difference. instead of one happy one sad, both sides of the moth, and the outsides of the eyes X. The mouth has dozens of tiny sharp triangle shaped teeth. It looks pretty creepy. Nick's mask increases his power by a factor of three and makes him much faster.

Bala: Nick’s bala (once he learns to do it) is average.

Cero: Nick's Cero is pretty powerful once he learns it. He will learn a few forms of it.

Hierro: Nick does not have Hierro.

Garganta: Garganta is a technique owned by all hollows, used for dimensional transportation. Nick also gains this power as soon as he gains his Hollowed arms.

Sonido: Nick learns Sonido soon after gaining his powers. Unlike most Arrancars and Hollows however, Nick must run on all fours to use Sonido. This is due to the fact that his powers are mainly concentrated in his arms.

Spoiler
    Show

Nick also has the ability to eat spiritual beings like a Hollow. He also has the hunger of a Hollow. When he eats either a human soul, or a Hollow he gains there Reiatsu. However his hunger is proportional to how much of his Hollow powers he has gained. When he first gains his powers he simply starts eating more food. But he starts to feel more and more hunger the stronger he gets and the more powers he gains. He can deny his hunger and grow in strength through training instead but it is slower. However, since Shinigami will probably kill him instantly if they find out that he eats Hollows and souls, it's safer...and less ethically unstable...
    I made some changes. I changed the power section around a bit. Please comment and critique. (I originally intended for the German to be "Unleash Death's Black Arms" and "Reveal Death's Masked Face", but the translator wasn't up to the task.)

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Due to TVGA's pointed, and not entirely un-warranted, questions about Osamu (and because I got a better idea for a zanpakuto) I've decided to completely retool his zanpakuto to fit together better then simply on 'read the legend he was based off of'. So....

*snip*

To point, the only thing that changed about him is his abilities so you don't need to read the whole thing over again.
    Well, I like the new abilities, I can say that much. The Shikai is definitely interesting enough to play a part in battle, and the Bankai is powerful but not overbearing. And I can see the progression this time!
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... does anyone else have a dual zanpaktou?

As in, their zanpaktou takes the form of two blades?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post

*Coughs, points to sig link*

Captain Candidate Masaru does.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #321
    Banned

So...can I get any comments or suggestions on my edit of Nick?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

So...can I get any comments or suggestions on my edit of Nick?
    It actually brings up a question in my mind. Does his hollow arms over-lap his own or do brand new arms sprout from his shoulderblades? Because you mention him being able to regrow his arms and just his arms, like regeneration, which seems a bit odd for him. Or did you mean he can regenerate the black armor coating?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    It actually brings up a question in my mind. Does his hollow arms over-lap his own or do brand new arms sprout from his shoulderblades? Because you mention him being able to regrow his arms and just his arms, like regeneration, which seems a bit odd for him. Or did you mean he can regenerate the black armor coating?
    While in his human body the Hollow Arms cover his human ones, but if he is in soul form (Pulled out his body by something) his soul has no arms, unless he has the Hollow arms out. (like it says in the history or Appearance section) And I mean that he can re-grow the Hollow part. Not his human arms.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

Ryouichi's zanpaktou takes the form of three blades. And has three separate releases.

I suppose that doesn't really answer your question, but.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-04-07 at 09:59 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #325
    Barbarian in the Playground

While in his human body the Hollow Arms cover his human ones, but if he is in soul form (Pulled out his body by something) his soul has no arms, unless he has the Hollow arms out. (like it says in the history or Appearance section) And I mean that he can re-grow the Hollow part. Not his human arms.
    Would that mean his physical arms are like, crippled? Kinda like how when Orochimaru lost his "Spiritual" arms his arms got crippled?

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Mortimer's can but at the same time doesn't

27. - Top - End - #327
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    Would that mean his physical arms are like, crippled? Kinda like how when Orochimaru lost his "Spiritual" arms his arms got crippled?
    No Nick still can use his human arms,but they are now week and thin and stuff. He will start the game pretty buff, but after his spiritual arms get eaten his human arms loose most of their strength.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Bugbear in the Playground

Technically, you could consider Karite's zanpakuto like that.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #329
    T3h Otaku
    Guest in the Playground

Sorry about the delay. I'm still alive, don't worry. Just came down with a case of chronic work overload. Fun, hmm?

Now, about that character... I figure I'll post it here to get approval before I pollute the Character Registry with it.

So.

Nakatashi Tamiyo, Seventh Seat of the 13th Division (last name, first name)
    Riatsu + Speech Color: Sienna
    Age: 297, though her physical appearance is a 40-year-old woman
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 148lbs

Spoiler
    Show

Appearance: Alongside her many ostentatious and unusual counterparts among the Shinigami, Tamiyo appears incredibly normal, to the point that she is often overlooked, forgotten or simply ignored. Tamiyo is slightly below average in terms of height, and is a bit overweight, though she insists that she is simply stockily built. She has lightly tanned skin that has a rather sallow tint to it. Her figure is somewhat attractive, as she is reasonably endowed, but her hips are too wide to be considered attractive and there is little definition to her form. Her face is unremarkable and not altogether attractive, with a long nose that seems to have been broken once, dark brown eyes set deeply beneath eyebrows that have been plucked to the extent that they are practically nonexistent. Her lips are colorless and perpetually chapped, and she has some age lines begining to appear around her mouth and eyes. Her shoulder-length black hair is liberally interspersed with streaks of grey, and is always neatly tied back in a low ponytail using an inoffensive black elastic, though a strand or two always manages to escape. She wears the standard black Shinigami robes neatly, with no personal decoration save for a short length of faded red silk braid tied around her left wrist. Her sandals are also standard issue, though they are a tad worn and perhaps a bit too large.

Personality: Tamiyo has always tried to be as proper and respectful as possible, especially around those of a higher rank than herself. Still, for all her efforts, this is not her true nature. Though she is naturally dedicated and hardworking, which is how she has managed to attain her current status, she is naturally a childish individual who is prone to sulking and fits of irrational giggles. She wonders if this may be in part responsable for the decidedly untraditional and somewhat irrational nature of her Zanpakto. Her efforts to be a proper and mature woman have led her to despise her Zanpakto, but this is one of her deepest secrets. It should be noted - When Tamiyo keeps a secret, no-one ever finds out. She is not at all prone to gossip, and talking about her private life or the lives of others (regardless of how well she may know them) makes her extremely flustered. She is disinclined to be romantic, and though she still secretly enjoys the flirtations of men, those sort of events have become so rare now that she has been able to dissasociate herself with romance. Suffice to say that, in keeping with her proper personality, she does not entertain thoughts of a romantic relationship. Overall, she is a strange hybrid of girlish immaturity and formal propriety.

Abilities: Tamiyo has chosen to focus her combat abilities on the Binding Arts (Kido) and on hand to hand Combat. She is proficient in both to a greater extent than the average 7th seat, but this is not to say that she is in any way exceptional in either field. She is capable of using Bakudo spells up to level 61, and they decrease to half power if she does not utilise the incantation. She cannot use Hado or any healing kido proficiently. Her swordfighting ability could politely be described as abyssimal, and she goes for months at a time without so much as drawing her blade. Simply put, she loathes the concept of fighting with it. Her shunpo is average, and she can use perhaps two dozen consecutive flash steps before becoming exhausted. In combat, she tends to hang back until she can gauge the strength of her opponent before entering into close combat. She prefers to use Bakudo only after she has already weakened her opponent, and resorts to her Zanpakto only in dire straits.

Rank and Division:
    Tamiyo joined the 13th (Patrol) division because she was told upon graduating from the Academy that this was the area in which she could excel given her specialties. She spends only as much time in the Mortal world as is strictly necessary, and is dutiful and thorough in her patrols, but prefers individual patrol duties as opposed to squad work. She attained the rank of Seventh seat nearly a half-century ago, after a great deal of hard work and a concentrated effort. She barely made the cut, and oddly enough, after attaining the rank, she has never applied for promotion nor shown any signs of further ambition. Her increase in maturity also coincieded directly with her achievement of said rank. She rarely elaborates on the matter, but due to her competence and respectful behavior, none have really thought to question it.

Zanpakto: Lolitabot
    Spoiler
    Show

Tamiyo's Zanpakto takes the form of a sturdy Nodachi that seems abnormally heavy even to Tamiyo herself, as the weight is notably disproportionate to the blade size. A series of five evenly-spaced diagonal grooves run parallel along the flat of the otherwise ordinary blade, making it seem as though it might be segmented (though it is not). The crossguard is square and made of the same silvery metal as the blade, and it is decorated with an inch-wide strip of white lace trim that runs along the outer edges of the square. The hilt is made of the same metal as the rest of the sword, and is wrapped with lengths of pink and white satin ribbon that dangle as twin streamers from the end of the hilt. The overall appearance is quite feminine and childish, and seems intended more as some bizzare showpiece than as a functional weapon, though the appearance has little impact on it's effectiveness.

Shikai: "Flirt, Lolitabot."

When Tamiyo says her release command, her Zanpakto dissintegrates in a burst of pale pink particles of light. Then, in a somewhat stereotypical Shojou transformation, Tamiyo is transformed into the Lolitabot. First, her clothing dissolves, and then, beginning from her toes, a thin band of pink light travels up her legs, then moves up her abdomen, head and upraised arms. In it's wake, the light leaves her skin silvered and metalic, with segmented bands every few inches. When the light reaches the tips of her fingers, there is a flash of blinding white, and the transformation is complete.

Lolitabot is roughly four feet tall, with the figure of a thin girl perhaps twelve years old. Her flesh is no longer flesh but metal, segmented every few inches to allow her a human range of movement. There is also additional segmentation at the joints for much the same reason. Her feet are the only part of her body that deviates significantly from human form, becoming rounded, flat-bottomed stumps that taper outwards slightly. Her eyes become impossibly large and innocent, with her left iris a vibrant pink, and the right a bright caramel color. Though it is not immediatly apparent, they are also made of electronic components. Her hair, also metal, is now a shade of flourecent blue, with bangs that fall almost to her eyes and huge curved pigtails that fall to her waist, secured to her head with large, spherical pink clips. Delicate, frilly clothing also materializes from somwhere, though the origin is not immediatly evident. This clothing consists of a knee-length, sleeveless white dress with a three-flouenced skirt. The entire dress is richly decorated with cream-colored lace and pink ribbons, and there are matching 'detatched sleeves'. A hairband with similar embelishments appears tied between her pigtails, a lace collar encircles her throat, and significantly altered white patent-leather shoes encase her modified feet.

Though it is not certain whether this is directly related to Tamiyo's transformation, it has been noted that she acts far more childish and playful in this form, teasing her opponents, playfully mocking others and abandoning the mature persona that she has tried to cultivate. All of her inhibitions dissapear, and she tends towards flirtation, which can be rather disturbing considering her usual age and appearance outside of Shikai.

In her Lolitabot form, Tamiyo no longer has her sword, and her riatsu dinimishes to the point that it is nearly nonexistent. The strength of all Kido spells that she casts is halved, therefore any Kido that she casts without incantation will only have one-quarter of it's full potential strength. She also loses the ability to use Shunpo, though her overall land speed doubles, along with a proportionate increase in her reaction time. Her strength increases vastly, to the point that she can easily lift and fling in excess of 300lbs for a distance of more than 50 meters. This makes her unarmed attacks all the more lethal, and gives her the convenient ability to crush a Hollow's skull between her hands. She is also capable of leaping several meters into the air. Her metal skin gives her the resistance of a mid-level Arrancar's Hierro, and her resistance to physical attacks (and the number of 'lethal' attacks she can endure before death) also increases. She becomes extremely succeptible to water, however, and significant exposure to liquid can cause her circuitry to short out, knocking her unconcious and forcing her out of Shikai.

It should be noted that the reason that her body reacts as though it were a machine is because, in actuallity, that is what it becomes. All of her organs, bones, ligaments, muscles and other internal workings transform into mechanical parts. For this reason, she does not breathe, nor have any other human needs, while in this form, though she can technically 'eat'. As a result of these changes, she can be repaired as though she was a machine while in Shikai, which would be equivilent to healing her injuries if she were still fully human. The main pitfall to this, however, is that when she transforms back, she could die instantly if the extent of damage to Lolitabot is more than what her shinigami form would be able to endure, or if an wound would be fatal. This means that she must carefully judge the damage that she takes, and is careful to avoid being too badly injured.

Shikai Special Abilities:

Cute Aura - In her Lolitabot form, Tamiyo exudes an aura of incredible, 'aww'-inspiring cuteness that affects anyone who looks directly at her for three seconds or more, enough time to take in the details of her appearance. This aura makes her foes or opponents less inclined to harm her, and reluctant to attack such an adorable little robot-girl by placing them into an almost trancelike state. Strong-willed individuals who are determined to cause Lolitabot harm are effected to a far lesser extent than the average foe, who will almost certainly become disoriented, lose all inclination to battle and stand stunned and awestruck by her cuteness. This aura is a permanent and constant effect that functions for as long as Tamiyo remains in Shikai. Those under its influence can break free through a concentrated effort, a shock (such as cold water, a slap or other direct attack), or by not seeing Lolitabot for a period of more than one hour. A blindfold or any other eye covering that prevents the attacker from clearly seeing Lolitabot, particularily her facial features, will negate the effects of this aura. This aura is used in combat for her to gain a temporary advantage over her opponent, entrancing them and wounding them before they even realize what has happened. The aura is not a visible spatial effect but rather an innate property of Lolitabot, though those under it's influence can be identified by a glassy-eyed stare, aimless confusion or other entranced characteristics.

Lazer Eye - Lolitabot has the ability to fire a lazerbeam from her left eye. This lazer does not need to be charged, and can be fired instentaniously and at will, but her iris will glow brightly for a second prior to its use. The beam is a bright pink, the same color as the iris of the eye from which it is fired. It is quite thin, with a diameter of less than a centimeter no matter how far it travels. It can either be fired as a continuous beam that has a range of two meters and a duration of ten seconds (that can be moved while firing), or as individual bursts that fire at a rate of five shots per second for ten seconds (though they can be spread over a longer duration). There is a one-minute waiting time between uses of the lazer so that it can cool sufficiently. In terms of strength, the beam is equivilent in strength to the bala of a low-level numeros. They move quite rapidly, but can be eveded through the use of Shunpo or Sonido. If concentrated as a continous beam for it's full duration on a metal surface with a thickness of less than half a centimeter, it can cut through fairly easily at close range. The lazer has only one 'setting' in terms of strength and duration. It can be blocked by hierro of sufficient strength, higher level barrier kido, skillful sword deflection, or the compression of riatsu to form the Shinigami equivilent of hierro. Lolitabot prefers to use the lazer for surprise attacks and to dispatch incapacitated foes without resorting to physical contact. Gouging out that eye, or at least the circuitry that comprises it, will prevent Lolitabot from being able to use the lazer.

Mini-Bombs - The two spherical, pale pink clips that are secured to the base of Lolitabot's pigtails are in actuality miniature bombs. Roughly two inches in diameter, they have a blast radius of thirty feet, though the shock wave that they generate may travel for a greater distance. The bombs activate upon detatchment, and have a five-second countdown time before detonation. They detonate without any obvious warning, and the countdown/detonation cannot be prevented. Though they can be easily caught and thrown back without any ill effect prior to detonation, most do not know the function of these spheres until it is too late, or cannot return them swiftly enough. Even with the clips removed, Lolitabot's pigtails remain eirily hovering in place on either side of her head, and do not seem affected. Even if both bombs are used during one particular activation of Tamiyo's Shikai, they will reappear the next time that she choses to use Shikai, regardless of the length of the duration between these activations. The spheres have a hard surface that appears to be enamel of some sort, and can be shattered with a sufficiently powerful blow, though this only serves to trigger the explosion immediatly. They contain some potent form of plastic explosive and a timed trigger device, though it is unlikely that anyone would have sufficient time to examine one before it exploded. The explosion cannot be triggered while they are still attatched to Lolitabot's pigtails, as the mechanism that holds them in place also keeps the detonator from activating by breaking the circuit.

I wasn't sure what the format was for posting character information, so I just went with what seemed to convey all the standard information.

Anyway... any comments, complaints, suggestions, critiques or rants?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

*blinks*

*rereads*

The Zanpaktou... seems like a joke one, to me. I'm not entirely sure that's a good idea.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.