New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    Hey what is the password for the new wikidot? Or has that not been given out yet?
    The password is 'Kch.'.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-04-03 at 11:51 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you very much.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

A natural Arrancar not with Las Noches. Just an idea I'm kicking around

Name:Soshi Koan
    Reiatsu: Dark Green
    Height: 5’ 3’’
    Weight: 120 lb
    Affiliation: Self

Appearance: Koan has dark crimson shaggy hair that falls to the small of his back, with slightly shorter bangs falling to his shoulders. With dark green, half lidded eyes and a half smile always creasing his face, Koan could best be described as “Sleepy”, even his movements slowly, though clearly and willfully calculated. He often dresses in obviously mortal clothing, preferring loose fitting, baggy pants, and tight shirts that clearly define his chest and arms. The remains of Koan’s mask cover his lower jaw, appearing as the lower jaw of a canine. Another note is that in his released state, Koan possesses a long, sinuous tail that seems capable of manual dexterity not unlike that of a monkey’s tail, though clearly appearing as if from a fox. His hollow hole is placed at the very tip of his tail, almost as if something had taken a bite from it.

Personality: Koan is often times vain, always mischievous, and at the worst of times outwardly malicious towards others. Koan is a loner, partnering up with others only if it suits him at the time, and leaving immediately when he has received all the aid he can, or when his “Allies” seem to be losing. What makes this habit worst of all, is the fact that often times it is completely random just what Koan is after, or if he is after anything tangible at all. Some have even guessed that Koan simply makes up goals to confuse and confound his enemies and part time friends alike, only to pull the rug out from under them when it is the worst possible time, dooming his would be friends.

Zanpaktuo: Zorro-A massive two handed sword without edges. Instead, the blade has nine prongs that are staggered around the blade. While useless for cutting, the prongs make excellent disarming tools while the sword itself makes for a particularly vicious club.

Ressurecion: Deja causa una cierta travesura, haciendo muecas al señor del Zorro

Upon release, a massive vermillion torii appears behind Koan, sucking him through its arch before disappearing. Moments later a massive bamboo forest erupts before all the stalks are cut almost at ground level, revealing Koan transformed. Despite the loss of his mask, Koan’s tail remains, though fully healed from its hole. His hair is pulled back into a shaggy pony tail, his bangs left free to hang in his face. Once transformed, Koan wears the trappings of a punk scene member. His ears are heavily pierced, while his wrists are over laden with bracelets that jingle loudly as he moves or attacks. Each finger and one thumb carry rings. The rest of his outfit seems to stand in stark opposition to his outlandish accessories, being a simple black hakama and sleeveless vest. Koan has two sleeves that start at his elbows, flaring at the wrists. His zanpakuto also changes into that of a massive calligraphy brush that seems to drip constantly with ink.

Tail One: The Pen is Mightier- By using the ink from his brush, Koan can either create massive splotchs of thick black energy that misdirects attacks or use the energy to cut, push or crush objects or living targets. The first form of this attack hangs in the air, and can be walked on by Koan, allowing him to redirect himself in mid jump or flight. The energy simply bends the attack away, causing no physical harm to the attacker or Koan himself. The second is identical to a weapon attack, and can be fully blocked as such. Koan must “draw” these area’s before utilizing the power, and all barriers burn away from energy attacks such as kido without blocking or bending them. Subsiquently, energy based defenses block and negate the ink attacks completely.

Powers to Come Later: These are powers he will gain over the course of the game. They are by no means planned on being gained quickly, and are only posted to get a general idea of the direction I'd like to go with him. They are obviously not set in stone, or even really desired powers. Merely proto-type and brain storming fuel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tail Two: Koan grows a second tail, and along with it a deeper understanding of himself. Power: The Hunter- Koan utilizes his ink to summon forth a spiritual entity appearing as a lanky, ten foot tall man made of ink that can fire arrows of green fire from a bow. This power is easy to disrupt with sound. The Hunter cannot be summoned while other Tail powers are in effect. Like the power of Tail One, the arrows of Fire cannot pass through energy shields or similar effects.

Tail Three: Koan grows a third tail, and along with it a deeper understanding of himself. Power: The Headsman- Koan entices his opponent into a game. The two must speak only in questions to one another, the loser being cut along the back by a summoned Ink Guardian similar to The Hunter. The Headman game cannot be summoned while other Tail powers are active. Unlike previous powers, the damage dealt to the loser may only be blocked by physical means.

Other Powers: Koan can perform Cero that appears from the hole at the tip of his tail. He may attack in any direction with this attack, even while facing away from his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shape Shifting: Koan can shape shift into any human for an indefinite period of time. The longer this form is held, the more likely it is to be exposed. The most obvious tell is his large bushy tail, which he is unable to hide for extend periods of time. While shape shifted, Koan’s mask disappears, though spiritual entities with even slightly higher spiritual pressure can see the mask manifested as hazy, dark green glow around his mouth. Koan’s shape shifting cannot fool those with significantly higher Spiritual Pressure then himself, and even a minor flare in such a Pressure shatters the illusion completely. Shape Shifting cannot copy mannerisms or memories, forcing Koan to rely on his wits and social skills.

Weakness to the Dogs Bark: Loud noises disrupt Koan’s powers, specifically his ability to shape shift. These noises need not be supernatural to disrupt his shape shifting powers, though to disrupt his cero and release powers a sound must be suitably charged with reiatsu to completely nullify his attacks or armor. In addition, spiritually charged noises seem to cause Koan significant pain, driving him into a state of uncontrollable panic.

Sonido: While Koan is not the fastest thing on two legs, he has considerable reaction time, allowing him to move quickly away from danger. While this is not a supernatural power in its own right, it gives the appearance that he is much much faster then he truly is.

Garganta: Koan posses the ability to use Garganta, though it tires him out significantly to do so.

Heirro: Koan’s heirro seems to be slightly below standard.
    Reposting a final time, since no one really commented. If no one does this time, I'll put him in the reg and be done with it.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-04 at 05:02 AM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd vote for Quincy Arrows working as per cannon.

As for McCoy as 4th Division Captain... well, I have my depressed version of Dr. House as a candidate.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    As for McCoy as 4th Division Captain... well, I have my depressed version of Dr. House as a candidate.
    Oddly enough. The first PC Captain from the last game was a House Expy to.
    My Current Works

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Oddly enough. The first PC Captain from the last game was a House Expy to.
    Who became an umbrella.

long story.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Who became an umbrella.

long story.
    It totally would have improved the...third...season of House.
    My Current Works

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

My vote still goes to Quincy and Medium powers doing something weird to souls - not destroying them, but not sending them to Soul Society either.

If there was a war, I suggest its cause is shrouded in myth. Both sides have their own version of how it all started. Maybe it was Shinigami panicking because Quincy did something odd to souls, mistaking them for Hollows, or vice versa. So the war and animosity was caused by utterly failed first encounter between the two.

@Innis: are you basing your character on some mythological being? His powerset reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on what. Hopefully, he tastes good with onion.

@Everyone: Reposting this. Last warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Since we're big on being open, I'll present you with the abilities I plan Elder to have in the far future. As they're pretty spoilerific, I won't put them in his bio; once I get a green light for them, I'll remove them from sight and hope you forget about them before they come up.

Spoiler
    Show

Elder's current form is its resurreccion - it can't leave it because its zanpakuto is missing. Once it regains it, it will regrow its wings and tail. Besides giving him a few new natural attacks, they can be used as Spawn fodder. This means Elder can in a pinch create 3 1 extra, independent Adjuchas class hollow - I hope this isn't too broken.

Elder's sealed form is actually somewhat more powerful than the base state of his resurreccion - it's half again as strong, fast and tough, and actually has a weapon. It can't use Spawn and Gonzui and lacks Regeneration in it, however.

When it uses Gonzui, it grows twice as large and becomes many times stronger than usual. It also becomes able to use Cero Oscura, suspend ceros in midair for a while before firing them, and can fire multiple ceros at once. Gonzui also resets its regeneration counter, doubling the time it can fight without a care in the world. Using it is also prerequisite for entering Segunda Etapa,

In Segunda Etapa, Elder's whole body becomes like its reiatsu - slow movements pass right through him, while fast movements meet more resistance. This applies to both spiritual and physical attacks. There's a sweet spot of strenght where it can be cut or blasted apart, but as it can just glue stray parts together, it is pretty near indestructible by brute force. Elder can be frozen, boiled or dissolved, but even these are more of a temporary setback. However, this immunity comes with a prize - obviously, Elder has trouble manipulating physical objects itself, but it also can't fire ceros, and lacks Spawn, Gonzui and ability to eat anything at all. He can still posses mortal bodies or slide into another being to have a chat in their mindscape, but overall its combat abilities are vastly reduced.

In Segunda Etapa, Elder has the power to control create weather. It can create or dissolve clouds, lower or raise temperature by ~20 Celsius, cause rain, snow, thunder and other effects as well as control wind. If used in Mortal World, these effects are physical completely visible and tangible to mortals. This ability is slow and requires heavy concentration, thus having poor combat application. It's also imprecise - f. ex. if Elder creates thunder, the lightning bolts strike where ever they please; it has no extended control over them.

Theoretically Elder can stay in Segunda Etapa indefinitely, but since it can't absorb new souls in this form, it becomes gradually more sleepy, untill it will spend decades slumbering between brief moments of awakening. Of course, Elder can leave it at any moment, but herein lies the problem: to leave Segunda Etapa, it has to release all souls it can still remember. This results in a rain of blood, with each drop turning into a sleeping simulacrum of someone Elder has eaten. If awoken, they will turn into ordinary, single soul hollows. The very last rain drop will be a part of Elder's own soul, and by extension its zanpakuto. Elder will return to its basic resurrected state (wingless, tailless) and be severely exhausted after this.

Summary: Overall, Elder's forms from most battle-oriented to least are Gonzui!Resurreccion ---> Sealed form ---> Basic Resurreccion ---> Segunda Etapa. Their difference is in function, not in combat power. His sealed form is for combat and dealing with mortals, his resurreccion is for gathering souls of the dead, and his Segunda Etapa is for playing a harvest spirit. Hope this makes sense.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Innis: are you basing your character on some mythological being? His powerset reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on what. Hopefully, he tastes good with onion.
    Ya, he'd based off a Kitsune. His first power is a small throw back to Okami and White Wolf's own Changing Breeds: The Kitsune. Which, any who like pen and paper RP and don't own that book but are fans of Werewolf...shame on you. Its hard to find now, but totally worth the small fortune you'll probably have to shell out. Lucky for me I found it at a yard sale for 2 bucks in mint. He'll have some "paper magic" powers later on when he recives more "Tails".

Tails 2 and 3 are based on the game Hunter, Headman, Fox.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-04 at 07:55 AM.
    My Current Works

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Innis, I think that Koan looks fine. I'm assuming that the ink constructs can be destroyed by liberal kido; can they be killed by weapon attacks as well, or can weapons just block their attacks?

Frozen, your point about destruction being easier with just Cero than tornadoes is valid; I drop the issue. The Segunda Etapa's essential immortality bothers me a bit, but I'm willing to see how it plays before raising a stink. Just be aware that I'm still unsure about that.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

smile Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

@Sucrose: Just remember that immortality =/= invincibility. There's a time-honored practice of what to do with stuff you can't just blow up, after all...

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Duly noted, but some of my uncertainty remains. I'll be the first to admit that it probably isn't rational, which is why I'm not trying to encourage you to change it. Just saying that I'll have my eye on it, is all.

Incidentally, even if his body does become harder with more force applied to it, isn't there some theoretical quantity of power that could still break him above the 'sweet spot?' It probably wouldn't kill him, given that he's bloody immortal, of course.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2010-04-04 at 01:12 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Oh this may be a rude request but has anyone actually made a character well above the age of 20?

If so I kind of need you.. Not like that. My character and family has already known soul reapers and my characters father is dead but his buddies aren't so I need one person to be randomly be one of his drinking buddies.

I don't know it just seems slightly cool if some characters had previous interactions with one another.
    Last edited by Vulkan; 2010-04-04 at 01:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

@Sucrose: Well, yes. At that point, it'll start making the process of scraping back together exponentially more diffucult. You know, due to being literally all over the place.

@Vulkan: at least spiritual beings have people whose ages measure in centuries. Why?
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-04-04 at 01:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Actually that's always been a tad confusing considering they are characters that go from childhood to current age in the coarse of hundreds of years and yet there are characters much older that haven't aged at all..

Just wanted one of my characters fathers drinking buddies to actually exist so there can be a character that I have had past interactions with.

I just thought it'd be interesting to have.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh this may be a rude request but has anyone actually made a character well above the age of 20?

If so I kind of need you.. Not like that. My character and family has already known soul reapers and my characters father is dead but his buddies aren't so I need one person to be randomly be one of his drinking buddies.

I don't know it just seems slightly cool if some characters had previous interactions with one another.
    Uh, is this character a mortal? If so, why not post what you've written about him so far so others can see how they might fit things together? If it's a shinigami almost every other shinigami is going to be well over 20. A hundred is probably on the low end for them as an example even with people deciding to play weaker/younger characters in this version.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-04 at 01:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry I meant like physically aged err.. 0_o How many years is aging equivalent to a human year anyways?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I meant like physically aged err.. 0_o How many years is aging equivalent to a human year anyways?
    It's all relative. You could play a character that's 300 years old that still looks like he's in his twenties. Physical age doesn't really mean anything. Yachiru fits in just fine with everyone else. Lifespans of shinigami vary based on how powerful their spirits are. If someone just kept on getting stronger they could theoretically pretty much never show signs of significant physical age unless they wanted to manifest them or something. The strongest people can be thousands of years old.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-04 at 01:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

But, yes, we have quite a few Shinigami characters who appear above the age of 20.

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Innis, I think that Koan looks fine. I'm assuming that the ink constructs can be destroyed by liberal kido; can they be killed by weapon attacks as well, or can weapons just block their attacks?
    Yes to the first, the ink can't stand up well to kido or cero's. All but the Headman can be taken out by physical attacks. The Headman is more of an energy attack, so thus can bypass physical attacks but can be destroyed by energy attacks.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

But, yes, we have quite a few Shinigami characters who appear above the age of 20.
    *Gets uncomfortably close* Any chance your one of them?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, my 4th Division Potential Captain would be, yes. I'd put him in his late 30's, appearance wise.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Well, my 4th Division Potential Captain would be, yes. I'd put him in his late 30's, appearance wise.
    *Gets on knee and presents ring from a box of crackerjacks* Tackyhilbillu will you be my late fathers old buddy/drinking buddy.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

How long ago did daddy dearest die?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

Quite some time ago.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the further back it was, the better of a drinking buddy Udeoshi would have have been.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

---
    ---
    ---[Booting Up]
    ---[Exiting Cryostatis]
    ---[Evacuating LCL From Tank]
    ------[Launching...]
    ---
    ------[Subject: C87847D45566E8273514 Online]
    ---[Synchronization at 168%]
    ---[Internal Functions at 97.31%]
    ---[All Systems Online]

I'm baaaack!
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

So, Righty, have you yet thought of any revisions for Katisugo?

29. - Top - End - #179

As I said, I waited for the morning to post this, it seems KD echo's all my statements, even though this was done a good deal earlier.

Combat Skills:
    [Spoiler]Reiatsu Accuracy-Fog: Katisugo's reiatsu has grown to be so powerful on its own that when not in Shikai the fog surrounds Katisugo making an enemies attacks a tad bit slower than usual. This also allows him to analyze their attacks, physical/mental capabilities, and give him a vague idea of their fighting styles, minus their Shikai or Bankai and Soul's power.
    When in Shikai, the reiatsu gains the ability to manipulate a person's chance of hitting with this ability also affecting Katisugo when he attacks.(Essentially I roll a die to see if Katisugo or the enemy dodges.) Individuals with reiatsu above or at that of Katisugo's can easily break this fog's affects.
    When in Bankai, the reiatsu fog is absorbed into his Bankai acting as a catalyst for it.
    Ok, so..he slows attacks. There’s no real down side to this power what so ever. Not only that, but it somehow lets him know peoples fighting styles instantly, giving him an automatic edge in combat. That’s a pretty powerful ability.

Also, die rolls in FFRP’s are…a bad idea. I honestly suggest throwing that out, it just gets messy.

Morphing Reiatsu: When Katisugo controls his reiatsu to avoid being detected, he is capable of manipulating his spiritual pressure to appear as if it belongs to some other person. This includes being able to make his reiatsu appearance like that a Arrancar, Quincy, Shinigami, etc.
    He can somehow trick people with his reiatsu. That’s pretty wild. Espcially considering Spiritual Pressure is like a finger print. Not game breaking, but way powerful for all sorts of reasons.

Flash Step: Generic skill of the majority of seated shinigami. Katisugo is especially adept at using this skill although he tires after using it in 20-25 successions.
    Hand-in-Hand Combat Expert: Katisugo is very reluctant to pull his sword on most people. Instead he like to fight with his own bare hands being able to fight, as well as stun, parry, and disarm foes if their clumsy enough or if opportunity presents itself.
    Sword Mastery: Nothing much to this one. Katisugo's skill with both his sealed Zanpaktou and Shikai, are near advanced. His most highly noted skill using his Shikai as a stake to bounce off of and use for his Hand-in-Hand
    Generic Shinigami Captain Powers, meh. He’s above average. That’s fine I suppose, those he’s starting to look pretty powerful with his powers already…and we’ve not got to his Shikai.
    techniques.

Hado Specialist: Katisugo's no good at Bakudo and can only use up to Bakudo 10. However, he can use quite a few Hado techniques including, Hado 4: Byakurai (White Lightning), Hado 33: Soukatsui (Crashing Blue Fire), Hado 63: Raikouhou (Lightning Pulse), and Hado 73: Souren Soukatsui (Twin Lotus of Crashing Blue Fire) that can be done with no incantations. In general, Katisugo is able to cast up to Hado 63 without incantation and able to play cast up to Hado 85 with incantation. He is also capable using Hado 88: Hiryugekizokushintenraiho (Heaven Shaking Strike, Heaven Shaking Lightning Cannon) without incantation but is not perfectly formed and is only 25% as powerful without him saying incantation.
    Wow, this guy is pretty strong now. I mean, WOW. He’s top tier material, that’s pretty good at this point.
    Skipping Fluff for now. Let’s get on to his zanpakuto.

Shikai: Level the Playing field Usagi No-Ashi
    Spoiler
    Show
    Upon Katisugo's release, his Zanpaktou turns into a extra long Claymore that is 62 inches in length counting the hilt with six spherical holes located on the hilt and blade. Six floating runes also appears that float behind each one of them representing six elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Light, and Mind. Katisugo is able to take any of runes and augment them onto his blade to add that power to his blade as well as fuse them to get fusion elements. Fusing the runes create a stronger and more versatile compound, but at the sacrifice of its raw power making the power somewhat weaker to that of a pure element would have. More data on the rune powers and fusions on Rune Powers List. Each shikai transformation has a slightly different affect on the Shikai. Katisugo is able to switch out between different Shikai but requires a 2-3min cooldown period be activating Shikai again.
    Ok, well…that’s not too bad. Can’t say much till we get to the runes. So, let’s take a look at those shortly.

Bankai: Return Balance to the World, Setsuri-no Kagayaiteiru Hikari! (Providence's Shining Light)
    [Spoiler]When all six Runes fuse to Katisugo's Zanpaktou it changes into a massive cannon fused with his arms. The blast of this cannon is so powerful that upon firing, not only does it leave nothing untouched in its path, but it also literally causes the Bankai to shatter upon firing returning to it normal form with the flaring white with heat, making it completely unusable. When the cannon shatters, thew runes being used shatter as well releasing waves of energy that have various affect on enemies nearby (Burning, Heat Metal, Frostbite, Paralysis, Increased Wind Pressure, Tremors, etc.)
    Undodgeable. Instant Kill. No. This is way too powerful. We don’t have to discuss this. This is absolutely a no go.

Ok, now to his main powe-whoah there are a whole bloody lot of them. This will take a while so stick with me folks.
    Rune Power List: The Only Guide you'll need to know each of Katisugo's Rune powers. The Fusion Runes still aren't completed though.

Pure Runes Powers:
    Pure Rune Powers: Rune Powers that come solely from one rune to enhance Katisugo's Shikai abilities. They are immensely powerful, but use large amounts of reiatsu.
    Ok, so they take a lot of energy. Well, this guy has a whole lot to spare. So really that’s not so much a balance as fluff.

Fire: The blade of the claymore is tinted a fiery orange and a gem in the center of the hilt is a carnelian that looks as if there is a fire inside of it.
    * Envelop Zanpaktou or Body in Fire. (Can use flame to extend length of sword blade 6in)
    * High Resistance to Heat, including Fire based attacks/Kido
    * Producing Single of Multiple Fireballs (Max Size: 35ft Diameter, but can only fire one at a time. Max Range: 300ft before dissipating)
    * Create Fire Walls (Max Height: 50ft Max Length: 300ft)
    * Power Move: Fire Blast (Massive Blast of Fire equivalent to Hado 63 in Power, but is Slow Moving)
    Solid Zanpakuto in its own right. But there’s more…I’m a little uneasy honestly Righty, I mean, he already is super good at kido and now has a free blast of Hado 63 to fling around on top of other stuff. PLUS more…that’s pretty good.

Water: The blade of the sword shimmers a reflective blue like the surface of the ocean. The gem on the center of the hilt is a deep blue sapphire and looks to be filled with water with tiny air bubbles visible in the gem.
    * Manipulate Medium quantities of Water (50 sq. ft of water)
    * Create Small quantities of Water (10-20 sq. ft of water)
    * Summon Whirlpools (Only possible if their is water present to do so, or if Katisugo already created the water necessary.)
    * Pressurized Water Cannon (Max Strength: 300 psi which is strong enough to cut skin up to 300ft away)
    * Power Move: Tidal Wave (Large Area of Attack, Capable of Injury but not Deadly.)
    Eh, again, it’s a neat power set, could make a good Zanpakuto in its own right with some tweaking. It also creates its own attack source, so…that’s pretty powerful. But again, there is way more below this. I’m starting to get more then uneasy. He’s already got so much loaded on him.

Air: The blade of the zanpaktou becomes a very lightweight steel with curves of wind etched into the blade. The gem on the center of the hilt is a pale looking moonstone.
    * Create Wind Gusts to disrupt and blow away enemies. (Up to 40 mph winds)
    * Pressurized Wind into a high velocity, sharpened 1ft extension to the zanpaktou or as claws to Katisugo's fists.
    * Heightened Jumping Distance and Dexterity
    * Create Wind Walls (Specifically used to block ranged, and kido based attacks. Can block up to Hado 50 in strength)
    * Power Move: Windcutter (Long-range Capable of cutting even Hierro protected skin, and slashing through stone walls.)
    Wow…cutting through hierro…that’s impressive. This guy is starting to look unstoppable in long fights. Which don’t seem likely to come about to be honest. He’ll have beaten everyone in that amount of time to switch between runes.

Earth: The blade takes on an earthy brownish-dark green hue, and becomes raw stone. The gem in the hilt of the zanpaktou is large agate gemstone
    * Substantial Increase in Strength
    * Morph and Manipulate Rock material (Turn a flat stone into a pointed spear. Max Size of Stone: 200 ft.)
    * Envelop hands in gauntlets of stone use stone to create a heavy armor.
    * Summon Stone Wall (Same max Parameters as the Fire Wall)
    * Power Move: Stone Storm (Ground below opponents is ripped into sharpened pieces and then directed at enemies. Can only affect up to three individuals. Not Indefinitely Fatal)
    Along with being somewhat bland, not much more to say that I haven’t said before. At the risk of sounding like a broken record. This could make an interesting zanpakuto on its own merits. Why does he have so many individual zanpakuto on top of his rather weighty powers without his shikai.

Light: The blade of the sword is bright shiny gold hue with the gem on the hilt being rose quartz reflects multiple when in the sun.
    * Speed and Agility Increased Substantially
    * Build Walls of Light capable of absorbing kido up to Hado 70 in strength.
    * Fire Light-based beams capable of burning skin.
    * Stun enemies with flashes of Light.
    * Power Move: Flash Strike (Extremely Fast, Short-range Attack. Single foe is hit with Blinding Light that is Fatal to those below Vice Captain; Un-dodgeable)
    I’m ignoring the other powers. Their…well…powerful ya. But it’s the last one. Flash Strike. That will kill every player outside of Captains and Espada in this game. Period. Not only is it undodgeable (Which we’ve covered already is a no no) he’s got so many other powers, he doesn’t need this really. I mean, he can already wipe the floor with anything below Vice Captain. For that matter, he can wipe the floor with VC’s.

Mind: Katisugo's Shikai blade turns a metallic purple while the gem on the hilt is an rainbow hued opal that seems fluctuate in color. Unlike the other pure runes, the Mind rune grants Katisugo only one real ability and that is an almost superhuman perception. It mainly affects his reiatsu fog mentioned earlier, making his reiatsu fog quite literally a sixth sense. Anyone caught in the fog is instantly being observed mentally by Katisugo and he or shes attacks and movements become somewhat predictable. However, this ability can be easily negated by people with the patience to focus their own reiatsu against Katisugo's reiatsu fog. The fog also tends to have a weaker affect on Captain, or Espada level enemies.
    Eh, it’s ok. Not really game breaking, but…still way powerful. A trend is forming. A bad one.

And holy crap, there really is more. This is…getting a bit out of hand. He’s already got 5 zanpakuto shikai’s and even some powers that could be bankai on their own. What more can this guy throw around.

Fusion Rune Powers:
    Rune Powers that come from two Rune that are augmented to Katisugo's Shikai. Carry a large variety of moves and borrow as well as use abilities from both runes. This comes at the cost of the attacks being much weaker compared to Pure Rune powers. Another noticeable trait with Fusion Runes is that Katisugo's shikai experiences more radical changes than just a slight change in the color of the blade.

Lava (Fire + Earth): Katisugo Shikai now has a blade made of partially solidified magma with little drops of the molten fire dripping from it occasionally. The hilt and guard is made of blackened magma and onyx with a dark red ruby in the center with ash dulling its shimmer. Their also appears to be molten lava within the Ruby occasionally glowing through the ash smudges.
    * Extremely High Tolerance to Heat (Skin resistant to burning up to almost a 1000 F˚)
    * Reiatsu Fog can be made into small cloud of Toxic Ash (10-15sec duration. 2 min Cooldown)
    * Spout Molten Magma from sword (Range of 35-50ft horizontally. Magma solidifies after 10sec)
    * Can Heat the blade of enemy Zanpaktous. (Can cause serious burns to hands. Duration 5-10 sec)
    * Power Move: Lava Plume (100ft radius of affect Spews lava around fuel that solidifies 1 min later. Deadly attacker to enemies and allies, lethal to user.)
    So it kills him, but he’s mostly immune to all fire based attacks. See above. Great Zanpakuto on its own.

Steam (Fire + Water): Katisugo's Shikai blade is tinted both gray-cobalt and a steely red. The guard has slits in it that puff how wisps of steam, and the gem on the hilt is a red and blued colored tourmaline.
    * Reiatsu Fog becomes Steam haze (Cause Eyes to water, and for enemies to become slightly disoriented.)
    * Create Steam and Make Steam slightly acidic (pH drops to max of 5.0 = Soured Milk Causes skin to burn; affects user.)
    * Dehydrate the Enemy. (Essentially force the enemy to become physically fatigued.)
    * Power Move: Pressurized Steam Cannon (Fires a 450 psi blast of 300 F˚ steam at a single opponent. Though the blast of steam hitting the foe isn't deadly, the steam buring off skin and tissue is. Only target one person.)
    Well, I don’t know if you’ve ever been dehydrated Righty, but it’s not just fatigue you have to worry about. That’s a powerful ability on its own, and not a pleasant one speaking from personal experience. You’re pretty much down for the count when you’re dehydrated to any degree. So, he can pretty much force an opponent to lose merely with this power if done realistically. That sucks.

The steam power just seems tacked on. But it’s not to bad otherwise.

Snow (Water + Wind): The Shikai blade and guard are quite literally made of an un-melting ice. The gem on the hilt of the blade is a whitish-blue Aquamarine gemstone that is freezing cold to the touch.
    * Acute Resistance to Water and Ice based attacks.
    * Conjure up moderate size snow/hailstorms (Duration 1-2min 5min Cooldown)
    * Create Ice Walls (Same max parameters as other Walls. Bulkier Wall, but weaker than Stone and Fire Wall)
    * Hurts enemy with Frostbite (Rather than being slashed and having an open wound, enemy wound is frozen over with jagged ice, slows down the opponent.)
    * Power Move: Blizzard (Harms Allies and Enemies, Slows movements, Dims senses, Cause almost immediate Fatigue. Weakened enemies or allies will likely go comatose.)
    Another “Save or Suck” that really ends with the player being killed with no effort at all. Not cool really, sorta close to Macguffin levels to be fully honest with you Righty.

Wood/Living Things (Water + Earth): Katisugo's Shikai becomes a hard oak blade with thorns all over the blade. The hilt is also of a heavy yew wood that has tiny holes on it where insects occasionally fly in and out of. The gem in the hilt is none other than a piece of brilliant amber with a petrified insect in it.
    Sand (Earth + Wind): The blade on the Claymore is made of sandstone that is cracked all over the place dropping handfuls of sand with its every movement. The rest of the sword is regular steel with the gem on the hilt being a sandy gold tinted Topaz
    Crystal (Earth + Light): Katisugo Shikai completely transforms, turning into a massive piece of quartz and an assortment of other gemstones spiking out into one weirdly shaped claymore blade. The hilt and guard which are made of Onyx is pitch black with the exception of the massive shining diamond in the center of the hilt.
    Lightning/Electricity (Light + Fire): The blade turns into a sleek iridium-titanium alloy tinted a bright metallic blue with sparks of lightning rippling across the blade. The gem in the hilt is a chrysoberyl with sparks also jumping across it surface and also surging within the gem.
    Fog/Mist (Light + Water): The Shikai appearance is regular, tinted a slight lavender. The only noticeable detail is the mist that is emitted from the sword with even the slightest movement. On the hilt of the claymore is an Iolite gem that looks as if there is fog within the gem.
    What are the powers of these? You don’t have them stated.

Now. I know the post has been fairly negative. But between at least 5 or 6 powers that literally kill characters outright, incapacitate them to the extreme’s that they might as well be killed outright, and a power set list literally almost 9 pages long with critique in a word document the only thing I can say is.

Do you seriously think this guy is balanced with any other characters in this game? When he can kill the majority of the cast with a single ability, without even really straining himself, that’s a point where you need to review and look back at the character.

Not only that, but most of his powers are pretty flat. I honestly couldn’t find anything to extrapolate on beyond a single phrase repeated in almost every power set review. So, from a story perspective, the fights honestly won’t even be that interesting. It’ll be fight fight, power use, enemy falls over. Dies. End…and that’s boring. We’re writing a story Righty, you know from the last game what the goal is.

This goes against that goal. This character is so blatantly over the top in power I am inclined to believe it’s a satirical look at Bleach and Shonen as a whole, using a FFRP as the method in which to convey your master piece. Except it’s a tepid, uninspired and thoroughly clichéd work, not a ground breaking or at the very least clever piece on your subject matter.
    My Current Works

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    I'm baaaack!
    I suggest you read Kasanip's suggestion for your character now that your back then.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."