New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Damn it, now I have another character idea! Want a Cyst-Slave?

(Also, I edited my last post on the OoC w/ a question, Draken.)
    Sure, to make sure that no one will complain much about the use of the cyst abilities I made it so that having one of his cysts implanted is pretty much an alternative option to outright death of the character (needs a completely defenseless potential host... Or a willing host).

In fact, let me pull the transcript.

Quiste Canceroso: Von Geister can produce a cyst of anomalous tissue and implant it on a victim, or throw it like a projectile. The cysts are a focus for many of his other abilities. Implanting a cyst on a victim requires said victim to be helpless or willing. Once implanted, the cyst latches to the tissue around it and links with the host’s blood vessels to sustain itself. It can usually be felt as a nodule beneath the skin, seen as a tumor through appropriate means, and can be removed by means of chirurgery.
    A cyst without a host starves to death in a few minutes.

Once a cyst has been created it can then be altered in one of many ways, once a cyst has been so mutated it cannot mutate into a different form. Von Geister cannot manipulate a cyst if he is not in the same plane as it.
    So yeah, cyst implantion is not likely to be commonplace. Most often it will just be thrown in your face and...

Explotar Quiste: Von Geister causes the cyst to enlarge and explode violently in a shower of acid, bone fragments and gore. The explosion can be lethal if it happens inside of a host.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds interesting...though I hope he doesn't fight that much. I mean, he is the King of Hueco Mundo, it's not like much could threaten him.

So, what should this Cyst-slave do? That is the question, isn't it? Probably some sort of spy, yes?
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Since Katsugo seems to not be participating this time around, perhaps I could bump up Katsu? It'd give him a better excuse to have a bankai, even though his is probably the weakest in terms of raw power.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Since Katsugo seems to not be participating this time around, perhaps I could bump up Katsu? It'd give him a better excuse to have a bankai, even though his is probably the weakest in terms of raw power.
    ...What do you mean? What division are you even intending for Katsu?

Katisugo (I'm assuming you just mis-spelled the name) is a candidate for the 12th. Or rather, was.

We're not doing 1st come 1st serve on the high-ranking slots.

Instead, they'll be chosen by a "Central 46", and some measure of consensus of community. This "election" isn't happening yet. But it will before game start.

Also keep in mind that Captains (if that's what you mean, your post is very unclear) are going to be much less active in Reborn, as we'll be focusing on the lower-tier characters; unseated, lower seated, empowered mortals, that sort of thing.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #245
    Halfling in the Playground

Idea for an arrancar that struck me rather hard and demanded to be submitted for review. PLEASE READ THE FORWARD BEFORE COMMENTING:

FORWARD:
    Now, I understand right away that at first glance this is a rather powerful character, not for the ability to kill, or even physically hurt a character (which I see as a virtual impossibility outside of some fairly major deus ex machina by the other character's player) but for his ability to potentially affect plot on a personal and singular level for any character he interacts with.

I know before even posting this that there is going to be a lot of negative response to it because it has the potential to tamper with the fiber of a character's being and backstory in a lasting and potentially devastating way. I realize that there has always been a rather negative reaction whenever a character is suggested that has the ability to alter souls or minds, which is entirely understandable.

So it was with this in mind that I have written and rewritten this submission three times from scratch before arriving at what you see below.

I see this character as a means off effecting significant plot twists without the need of city leveling powers and mass killings. I see it as a tool that could be used to tell dramatic stories without needing to kill a character, and possibly being more potent in its long term effects on an individual level.

That said, I want to make a few important (to me at least) OOC qualifiers regarding my intended use of this character. Wasureru will never win a fight that he gets into. Let me repeat that. He will Never Win a fight he gets into. Whether it be a brutal beating, a hasty retreat, or even death, I have no intention of ever having him come out on top in a hostile engagement with any other character. In addition, I don't intend for Wasureru to ever successfully use his abilities on any character unless it has been thoroughly talked over with all players involved and settled on before the fight has even broken out.

That is, I am afraid that the character will be judged too powerful because of the potential havoc it can effect to individual characters, so I hope that by limiting it severely OOC it will compensate for his strength and quell any misgiving about the concept.

Name: Wasureru
    Reiatsu: weak gray
    Height: 7’
    Weight: 90 lb
    Affiliation: -

Appearance: Wasureru is very tall and slender(emaciatedly so) with long, gangly limbs. His hands are thin and elongated, almost skeletal in appearance. His face is drawn and gaunt with deep-set, hollow eyes that show almost not spark of life. His skin is pale and sickly, nearly corpse-like in color and his hair is thin and scraggly at best. The remnants of his mask are scattered fragments across his face, the largest of which being a pair of half crescents below his eyes, adding to the inset look. He wears a single piece jumpsuit-like outfit comprised of white cloth stretched across his awkward form, flaring wider at the wrists, ankles, and neck. He stands in a perpetually slumped position, nearly letting his ungainly arms drag on the ground when he walks.

Backstory/Personality: Wasureru is an arrancar that became obsessed with the memories of life contained within the countless hollow's that comprised his being. As the souls merged and blended those glimpses of the living world became distorted and blurred, loosing their coherence. With an unhealthy (particularly for those he ran into) obsession, Wasureru began seeking out other hollows, menos, and arrancar, devouring them and adding their muddled recollections to his own, trying to make sense of everything he absorbed so as to give himself an understanding of what he had lost. But the more he added to his being, the more convoluted and contradictory the fragments he could sift out became. And so his obsession grew and worsened, all the while he continued devouring and assimilating other hollows until eventually he tipped beyond the separation dividing powerful hollows and arrancar. In a blinding moment all the fractured memories within him coalesced and became a new, amalgamated soul. Wasureru was born. But in the process all his memories from before his creation were lost. He retained his obsession, however. His desire to build for himself a past had only gotten stronger and more impulsive. It consumed his being, forging his abilities along this single minded goal.

Wasureru's personality is ever fluctuating between quiet reserved and manic and outgoing and every emotional state in between. His memories are in a constant state of flux, with some floating on the surface of his mind for long periods while other sink almost immediately into the black gulfs of oblivion, lost forever. The only static features of his personality are the way he huffs at the end of ever sentence, his habit of staring unblinking at whoever he is talking to with a bewildered expression that has elicited the heebie jeebies in even the most fearsome arrancar, and the fact that he refers to everyone he speaks to as "My Dearest Blossom."

Zanpaktuo: Wasuremono: In its sealed form, Wasuremono is a set of ten fingerclaws. Though they are not very sharp, and even when wielded by Wasureru expertly are not designed to maim or kill, it is a truly horrifying weapon.

*Memory Pilfer: Wasuremono's true strength lies in its ability to pluck from its victims shreds of their very being. When cut by Wasuremono, a being's memories are snatched from them and added to Wasureru's hodgepodge of recollections.

When struck, a victim finds themselves reliving some moment in their life. Which moment and how important it is is entirely random, as Wasuremono is a capricious thief. It could be as banal as a memory of brushing their teeth that morning, or as valuable as the first time they kissed the love of their life. For a moment so fast on the outside that it is impossible to see it happen aside from their reactions after, the person relives the memory in perfect detail. Both physically and emotionally. And just as fast the remembrance is taken from them and added to Wasureru. They can remember remembering something, but have a complete knowledge that, whatever it was, they are no longer able to remember it. Whatever is stolen is gone forever, never to be recalled. This does not represent a transfer of power to Wasureru. He does not gain strength from the memories stolen, nor does he gain valuable knowledge, as whatever he takes is more than likely to be so completely meshed with every other memory he has as to become indecipherable. it is quite simply a loss of memory for the victim of his ability.

Wasuremono is unbiased and indiscreet. It does not target specific memories, important ones, or even whatever the target might be thinking of at the moment of contact. It simply snatches away some part of its target.

Wasureru has fought many beings, both shinigami and hollow, since his awakening as an arrancar, but he has never been defeated in battle. But nor has he ever killed or even wounded beyond superficial cuts. What he lacks entirely in strength he makes up for in an unmatchable speed. The simple fact of the matter is, every enemy that has ever done battle with him has given up or fled once they truly grasped the depths of his horrific ability. None felt the gains of the battle worth the risk of loosing a memory integral to their being. While remembering that they had ramen for lunch is not a great loss, remembering the day their best friend was killed by hollows, the single event that has defined their purpose, goals, and motivation their entire life, is by far too high a price to pay. Defeat to Wasureru represents a fate perhaps worse than death. Death of the Self. The irreversible loss of that which defines a person as a unique being. Considering Wasureru posses so little a threat outside of that one ability, it is simply not worth it. He does not feed on the living or pluses, nor does he grow in power or cause untold destruction. He simply wanders about, snatching recollections from those he encounters, striving endlessly for the impossible task of assembling from the pilfered scraps a true memory of his past which does not exist.

**Ressurecion: "Take from their being, Wasuremono!" In his ressurecion form, Wasureru is drastically changed. His limbs split and multiply, stretching to form a wide cage around his foe. His torso and head separate from the limbs, drifting into the cage with his trapped prey. His mouth opens wide into a yawning void of swirling black, from which flows phantasmal specters made from the fractured splinters of every being he has sampled memories of. Beneath the cage appears a vast book, spread open. On its pages is written in perfect detail three complete memories of significant events in that person's life. Unlike its normal form, which snatches at random, this attack targets those memories which mean the most to the person trapped. They are then told to choose of the three, one memory to give up to gain freedom. Upon selecting the memory to sacrifice, the person is forced to relive the memory in perfect detail one last time before it is stolen completely from them. If the person chooses to try to escape by attacking or forcing their way out, the ressurection collapses violently, resulting in a high probability of a large handful of random memories being torn from them painfully with a very high risk of causing severe psychological damage, a fact that they are informed of upon being trapped. Though some would find this a risk worth taking, given the alternative.

Upon the completion of the ressurecion's effect, Wasureru reverts immediately to his normal form. He is then no longer able to steal memories from the target of his ressurection, either by use of his ressurecion or normal attacking. For this reason, Wasureru generally will pour all of his strength into fleeing the area at mind boggling speed, as the person is no longer of interest to him and the risk of retaliation.

Other abilities:

Wasureru lacks the ability to use cero, bala, or any other ability normally known by arrancar, excluding sonido.

* The memory that is stolen is determined by the player controlling the character affected. How important (if at all) is entirely up to the victim's player.

** As above, the memories are determined by the player of the targeted character. Whether the resurrection will even hit will have to be decided in advance of any possible fight and should the character choose to fight his or her way loose, whether there is any backlash for doing so is entirely at the discretion of their player.

PLEASE GO BACK AND RE-READ THAT FORWARD ABOVE THE QUOTATION BOX BEFORE RESPONDING.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, I'm back after a week or so without an internet connection. Could I have a quick summary of decisions made in that time period?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Krazzd had the right and wrong of it though...in this iteteration the captains should only rarely be involved in combat, making an elaborate power set like Katisugo's slightly...over-whelming considering he probably wouldn't even get the chance to display even all of it.

That said, looking forward to seeing the children at least. ^.^;
    Its not that I didn't understand what Krazzd was saying its just that, this a Reborn BleachITP is supposed to be a progressive if I'm correct, and even if I were to power down Katisugo a whole bunch he still wouldn't be as fun of a character because most of his abilities are at their max. With the three children I can have them slowly become better and actually create unique powersets.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Sounds interesting...though I hope he doesn't fight that much. I mean, he is the King of Hueco Mundo, it's not like much could threaten him.

So, what should this Cyst-slave do? That is the question, isn't it? Probably some sort of spy, yes?
    Don't see him fighting at all until very far in the game unless some character has the raving nuts idea of trying to invade Las Noches.

Or unless someone goes into the city and poses a challenge for his title in the Thunderdome arena. One can take the position of espada by beating the current owner and other candidates, why should king be any different?

Anyway, what it means to be a cyst minion pretty much resumes to being a spy. I mean, if you are not a spy then you are just an unwitting bomb. And that is not a big character idea.

---

Also Knight, you forgot something, if it were first come first served... I put my candidate up first.

---

Last but not least, Purple Rose, it looks like an interesting idea (which was also used, to a smaller extent, by Hollow_Zaraki in the character Persephone, it looks very reasonable to me.

By the way, and this applies to... Someone else who I don't remember right now. Arrancar Zanpakutou are in Spanish, not japanese.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

@Purple_Rose: Your character seems good to me. After all, there have been other characters who damage memories in the old game without much of a fuss, and you went to lenghts to explain you will not use his abilities without consent.

However, there is one thing I have to ask: how would his memory stealing interact with Joakim Morris's recollection glyph? My idea is that it does not heal victims if Wasureru is not present, but can draw memories back from him if he hears the sound as well.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

10. - Top - End - #250

DrowGirl

Hm.. the idea of Seireitei Communication Monthly intrigues me. That's the duty carried by the 9th squad in the Bleach Universe? Is it the same in this one, or does another Squad publish it? It might be interesting to have my character 3rd seat in 9th squad if they do publish it, maybe write some short articles. I'll stick with third seat for my character instead of 2nd seat/vice-captain because I plan for them to be promoted during the events of the rps.

It'd be interesting to see someone rise in the ranks, and promotion to a vice-captain is an important event in a rare few members of the Gotei 13's lives, so it's not something I want to skip or just gloss over for my shinigami =3
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2010-04-05 at 11:05 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

From the OP:
    Gotei divisions and their tasks:
    1) Administrative.
    2) Ninjas.
    3) Execution?
    4) Healing+Hospitality.
    5) Messengers.
    6) Reinforcements.
    7) Logistics.
    8) Tactical planning
    9) Recon.
    10)Internal Police.
    11) Fight.
    12) Science.
    13) Patrol.
    Also, Righty. The idea is that the low powered characters would be "progressive" in power. The Captains stay where they are. My Captain candidate? He's never going to get a power boost. He's already powerful.

The only potential boost for a Captain would be if they gained their spot, but didn't quite have Bankai yet. Them gaining Bankai would be the only possible "upgrade", in my mind.

But again, characters starting out at the "bottom" would have more room to grow. So. Your choice.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

@Nothingclever: something I've been thinking to say for a while, but forgot: Edward and Hachirou just have to meet. I won't tell you why, but it would be fabulous.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Nothingclever: something I've been thinking to say for a while, but forgot: Edward and Hachirou just have to meet. I won't tell you why, but it would be fabulous.
    Is his adrogynous zanpakuto spirit going to try to trap Edward in his mindscape by sucking him in as he obsesses over whether he's a trap or not? Don't know if I should be attracted or not... Hachirou himself doesn't sound very fabulous.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-05 at 01:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

biggrin Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

It'll become more obvious once we get the story rolling. Just put the idea behind your ear, pease.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Whatever the case, I look forward to their meeting.

16. - Top - End - #256

DrowGirl

Hm... so no squad is publishing Seireitei Communication Monthly then?
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2010-04-05 at 01:56 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    Hm... so no squad is publishing Seireitei Communication Monthly then?
    ...That's not really what I said.

That's ultimately up to the Captains of the Divisions.

Offhand, I'd suggest 5th Division. It's the Communication Division. Who better to publish Seireitei Communication Monthly?

18. - Top - End - #258
    T3h Otaku
    Guest in the Playground

Hi!

I stumbled across this thread while searching for a good Bleach roleplay, and I'm interested in joining. I haven't read through much of the thread yet, save the first couple pages, but it seems like this RP is pretty awesome. Hope none of you object to a newcomer - I'll try my best not to cause too much trouble.

Anyway, I'll be posting my character later (I have some homework to finish first), but just to outline the concept:

My character will be a female Shinigami, the 7th seat of the 13th division, and will have achieved Shikai. She will have the outward appearance of a 40-year-old Japanese woman, and her Zanpakto release will transform her physically. (Hope that's not infringing too much on Arrancar territory, but she still retains a human appearance, so I'm not sure.)

Will post later!

19. - Top - End - #259

DrowGirl

Is the Onmitsukido (Special Forces, one of the three branches of military Soul Society along with Kido Corps and Gotei 13) in this?
    Last edited by Zerkai; 2010-04-05 at 04:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    Is the Onmitsukido (Special Forces, one of the three branches of military Soul Society along with Kido Corps and Gotei 13) in this?
    Probably. Will it be as closely tied with 2nd Division as it is in canon or even merged with it, as the last BleachITP? That is unknown.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

This is my current character idea, essentialy a naural arrancar in it for the laughs, a trickster and someone to generally interfere with things. Very much on the side of chaos in the Law vs Chaos theme. He got burried in posts in my last attempts at posting. Comments and criticism are most welcome.

Sterling Holguin: Arrancar
    [Spoiler]Name: Sterling Holguin

Height: 5"6
    Weight: 138
    Reiatsu: Purple
    Afflitation: Fun

Appearance: Short amongst many Arrancar, Sterling hardly cuts an intimidating figure. Of lower average height and slender build he ends up simply looking young, possibly to his chagrin if he'd ever admit it. A mane of well kempt hair frames his face, obscuring his forehead and his right eye behind an overlong fringe. His hair is a vibrant shade of purple with hot pink streaks in it that attract mockery from some arrancar but Sterling believes are "cute". He wears loose hakama that are long enough to obscure his sandals but manages to avoid them being long enough to trip over. Rather than the standard jacket of Las Noches he instead wears his version has a hood which is almost never up and he has torn the sleeves off

His mask Fragment takes the form of a solid band of bone which shapes two cat like ears emerging from his hair before looping a thin band round over his cheek to the side of his mouth where a lone fang points downwards.

Personality: Whimsical, bouncy, unpredictable. All these world fail to quite describe Sterling, a better one might be unhinged. Well meaning perhaps behind it all but a few stones short of a wall. For the most part happy and inquisitive, he treats the whole world as a game and loves to play with people more than anything. Occasionally in his games with people he reveals a level of intelligence that is entirely unexpected, proposing complex philosophical questions with impossible answers. He is however equally likely just to hide your pants from you, the worlds a game after all. [Note, I actualy have written on predefined rules for his madness and how he reacts to others/situations]

History: [to be edited in]

Zanpukto: Chiflado Gato. (Mad Cat)
    Whilst sealed Chiflado Gato takes the form of a Bagh Nakh. A strange device of vaguely glove like formation consisting of four curved blades that extend from the knuckles imitating claws designed to slash and a short curved blade extending to the side away from the body. Unless expecting combat these strange weapons are kept strapped to his belt at all times. The donning or wearing of these gloves is a sure sign Holguin is expecting combat or is acting hostile.

Release: Mueca anchuro, Chiflado Gato (Grin Wide, Mad cat)
    Holguin's form swells to grotesque proportions, muscles bulging and growing to just over seven and a half feet tall, leaving him resembling nothing so much as a bizarrely coloured anthropomorphic tiger. Much of this height is however lost to the fact he drops down to all fours, though he retains a turn of speed and agility that belies this growth. In this form he becomes covered by a layer of purple and pink striped fur which serves as a potent Heirro shielding him from harm better than in his sealed state
    If a combatant finds themselves observing the fur closely they will notice that the two colours flash and blur between each others, fast enough to provoke epilepsy in those susceptible. To the majority of opponents this is merely distracting, very distracting.

His weapons are absorbed into his hands; leaving cruelly barbed claws and the hands, or paws as the case may be, are particularly reinforced by Heirro to allow them to serve as instruments for blocking to an extent as well as for horrific slashing implements.

Other Abilities:
    Garganta de la gatera:
    A form of garanta unique to Sterling, rather than slow to use this is as instantaneous as sonido allowing him to vanish and reappear from place to place in the blink of an eye without having to occupy the intervening space. He often uses this for acts as simple as toying with someone new, transporting himself from place to place in easy reach of them as they try to keep sight of him or attack him. As he is stunned for a brief moment as he gets his bearings on a new perspective he is vulnerable for a brief moment after each teleportation. It is rare for another to take advantage of this however as that moment is usually spent finding where he went
    Last edited by Lorolar; 2010-04-05 at 04:41 PM.
    And thank you Darwin for the awesome Sterlingtar.

22. - Top - End - #262

Frozen Feet: I would think that the recollection glyph would not work to restore memories stolen by Wasureru, as they have changed owners. Wasueru might be forced to recall something he stole, but it isn't a case where the person has simply forgotten a memory. The memory has been entirely removed from their being.

Otaku: Welcome and enjoy your stay! Guard your kidneys. They seem to be popular.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

@Purple Rose: Understood.

...wait. Are we starting that kidney thing here as well?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    @Purple Rose: Understood.

...wait. Are we starting that kidney thing here as well?
    No, Purple is just evil

I'll have a review for your Arrancar later tonight PP. Busy Busy Innis and all that.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

FF: I've been forgetting a bit to bring it up, but one of Elder's powers makes me stop and stare, that being where he rips off adjuchas to (hopefully) fight against his enemies...Mostly because it implies that he's either....Has a whole ton of souls in him, more then any of the adjuchas menos which means he either has LOTS of souls in him (possible) or...he's a Vasto Lorde just much de-powered. Think you could clear up this worry for me? ^.^;
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorolar View Post
    This is my current character idea, essentialy a naural arrancar in it for the laughs, a trickster and someone to generally interfere with things. Very much on the side of chaos in the Law vs Chaos theme. He got burried in posts in my last attempts at posting. Comments and criticism are most welcome.
    This time is the charm.

Again, I say, I see no glaring issues.

By the way, if I were to translate "Chiflado" I would say the best translation for that is "crazy". Crazy Cat. Beware the aliterations.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

FF: I've been forgetting a bit to bring it up, but one of Elder's powers makes me stop and stare, that being where he rips off adjuchas to (hopefully) fight against his enemies...Mostly because it implies that he's either....Has a whole ton of souls in him, more then any of the adjuchas menos which means he either has LOTS of souls in him (possible) or...he's a Vasto Lorde just much de-powered. Think you could clear up this worry for me? ^.^;
    It just hit me...

We've established that Menos in the Reborn setting are very clearly not amalgamations. They are single fused souls.

So one wonders how he's producing separate beings like that that are apparently still independent from him in thought, personality, etc. Is he just a "special exception" or something?

In fact, that "rain of souls" thing is also along the same lines; the thought that they're still compressed collections of souls, and not single unique souls.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably he just tears off some of his spirit flesh (Outsider. Body = Soul), and it regenerates into an entire new being.

It's sort of what I have going with the cysts and Reene's brood. Also similar to what Shrieker did with his little slug bomb carriers in canon.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    It just hit me...

We've established that Menos in the Reborn setting are very clearly not amalgamations. They are single fused souls.

So one wonders how he's producing separate beings like that that are apparently still independent from him in thought, personality, etc. Is he just a "special exception" or something?

In fact, that "rain of souls" thing is also along the same lines; the thought that they're still compressed collections of souls, and not single unique souls.
    The ability is admittedly something I came up with the previous setting in mind, and meant to work with the premise that the souls stay, on some level, separate. Ever since we changed how it works, I've been thinking of a justification for it.

Without getting too specific, much of it boils down to Elder being an anomaly. Souls it eats don't fuse with the core of its being as well as they should. When it rips a part of itself off, it regenerates to a new form like Draken described, with the difference that Elder can rekindle a specific soul within the regenerating mass if it wants to. Of course, this is contingent on Elder actually remembering who it wants to bring back.

Callos is right that Elder has a huge amount of souls within itself, accumulated during its long lifespan. Where exactly he sits in Hollow familiy tree is something I'd rather tell once it comes up in the story, though you might guess it already.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    By the way, and this applies to... Someone else who I don't remember right now. Arrancar Zanpakutou are in Spanish, not japanese.
    I don't know any Spanish. :/

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em