New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Fringe Campaign IC

It's a hot day in Mos Espa, as usual. You are in the spaceport, either having just gotten off a ship, or having arrived to team up and find the work that those in the spaceport often provide.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fringe Campaign IC

Kurt

A solidly built space transport sits in the docking bay. It is well armoured and bristles with weapon ports and turrets. If the Empire had any sizaeble presence on this world there would be now way for a ship of this sort to escape the impound yard. However, this is Tatooine and any imperials posted here are as crooked as a kowakian monkey-lizard.

A tall human descends the boarding ramp from the depths of the vessel. He is middle aged, but still in his prime. His dark hair shot with grey streaks is just long enough to be gathered in a nerf hide strip at the back of his head. A long jagged scar runs across his right eye and down the side of his face. He wears a long coat over shirtsleeves, a sleeveless vest and dark trousers tucked into high boots. A heavy vibroblade hangs from a bandoleer resting on his hip and a double barreled carbine nestles in low slung holster.

"Well Desh, now you seem to have changed your profession, let's see if we can't get you set up with some work. I know a guy based here that's sure to be able to hook you up. The captain said I was free to show you the ropes for now, so let's see if we can't find him. We'll head to the cantina first, it's always a good place to start looking. You ready?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Desh

A strikingly handsome young man decends the ramp just behind his middle-aged friend. A pistol hangs from each side of his waist with criss crossing leather belts giving him a gunslinger look. He wears a brown vest over a white shortsleeve shirt with dark pants. The smile on his face and his blond give him an innocent appearence, but his bright blue eyes contain the depth of a world weary man whos seen the seedier side of live.

"A cantina? On Tatooine? Even I've heard stories about them, wretched hives of scum and villainy. I used to bust these kinda places and now I'm looking for work in one. Ironic, huh? Oh well let's get going."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Across the spaceport, Alynkar clung to the shadows as he supervised the unloading of another ship. His massive frame was swathed in a dusty brown all-temperature cloak, hood pulled up, in an effort to escape the scorching twin suns of the desert world.

The unloading progressed without a hitch, to the Togorian's mild disappointment. Money changed hands, and Alynkar headed for the cantina to catch a drink and an update on what was going on. The crowd parted before him like a seaskimmer parted ocean. Of course, fully half of the starport's denizens had never seen a standing body of water larger than a sink, let alone an ocean-going craft.

He stooped under the doorway and into the cantina. "One usual," he told the barkeep as took a stool. "So what's new around here?"
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

5. - Top - End - #5

Kurt

Kurt leads the way to the cantina across from the starport, the one he knows Alynkar generally frequents. "The guy is called Alynkar. You won't be able to miss him, he's a togorian, a cat person and not a little one. We hang out in the cantina long enough and he'll show up, if he isn't there already."

As they enter the cantina Kurt shoos off a pair of smelly jawas that had just come bubbling out of the door with a grunt. He squints as his eyes try to adjust from the glare outside to the dim stinky interior.
    Last edited by Rane126; 2010-07-07 at 06:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

MindFlayer

RandomLunatic

Spoiler
    Show
    The barkeep, an aging Neimoidian slides you a beaten durasteel mug, probably made into a mug after being something else. He gives a slight "hmm" and appears to be thinking trying to remember something. After a few moments he goes "There were a couple of guys in here earlier, said Jabba needs a few guys for a job, pretty sketchy on the details though." Seeming an afterthought he tells you. "Don't tell um I sent ya though, I don't need any trouble from the Hutts."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"No worries, I won't tell," Alynkar said, neglectign to mention that did work for Jabba, thus almost certainly sparing the Neimodian a heart attack. "What did these guys look like?" he asked, idly wondering if it was anybody he knew.

He took a swig of his drink, letting the hood of his cloak fall back to revela his face. Looking around the bar, he noticed a familiar face walk in, and offered a wave of recognition to Kurt.

8. - Top - End - #8

Kurt

"Ha! There he is. I knew he'd be here. Come on." Kurt shoulders his way through the throng towards the large togorian. He waits until they are close enough, glaring at one unhappy patron until he turns away before turning back to Alynkar.

"Alynkar, good to see you. Let me introduce Desh. He's just accompanied us from 'somewhere else', looking to change his fortune. He's looking for work, I thought you might know of something he could get his teeth into?"
    Last edited by Rane126; 2010-07-07 at 08:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

MindFlayer

He replies saying "There were a couple a humans, a Gammorrean and I think some Rodian gal." He turns away to help another patron.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Really? Well, welcome to the family," Alynkar said, chuckling.

"And it's your lucky day. Jabba seems to be rounding up a crew for a job of some kind. Don't know what yet. Was going to look into it after this," he said, holding up his drink and downing another swig. "Good way to get in with Jabba, which isn't a bad plan if you intend to spend a while here.

"Unless, of course, you screw it up."

11. - Top - End - #11

The other side of the city, Alph recieves a message from one of his droid allies.

"A ship landed you say? Whereabouts? And Mister Kurt was aboard? Well, it'll be good to catch up with him then, won't it?"

Buzzing through the street, Alph is generally unremarkable, a scratched, rusting metal shell of a droid with a bright blue ocular lens. Slowly but surely, he begins to wind his way towards where he knows he left his friends, Red and Black, in a sandblasted alleyway;

Hello lads, nothing gone wrong I trust? Time to head to the cantina, I'm thinking? That's where Kurt'll probably go straight after hitting shore, and I'm hoping we can meet up with Mister Alynkar as well.
    "Hex grids are the way forward! And slighty to the side..." - Studoku

12. - Top - End - #12

Kurt

"Your in luck Desh. I told you Alynkar would have something for you," he claps the ex-lawman on the shoulder. "Any idea what hte job is Alynkar?"

13. - Top - End - #13

Desh

He flashes a smile Alynkar and Kurt. "It's probably some extreamly difficult job like beating up an old lady and stealing her money or stealing someone's pet Gizka." He laughs at his own joke and then his tone changes to a more serious one. "Now we better go see Jabba if we want that job." He starts for the door waiting for the others to lead the way.

14. - Top - End - #14

Kurt

"Come on then big guy, get it down ya!" Kurt tips his hand indicating that Alynkar should drink up.
    Last edited by Rane126; 2010-07-09 at 11:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alynkar gave Kurt a very strange look, then turned to Desh. "I did just say I didn't know what it was, right?"

He finsihed his drink and stood up. "Eh. Old ladies are no fun-they break too easily. Shall we go see?" he asked, pulling the hood over his head and startign for the door.

16. - Top - End - #16

Having made their way across town, Alph and his friend pause in an alley opposite the Cantina. Red motions to the entrance: "Ain't that yar the Cantina we're being needing?"

"Indeed it is, my friend, I believe? I think we should, should wait for them to come out, no? Better that than get caught inside with no reason to be there?"
    Last edited by IdleMuse; 2010-07-10 at 11:46 AM.
    "Hex grids are the way forward! And slighty to the side..." - Studoku

17. - Top - End - #17

Desh

He briskly walks out of the cantina he stoping by a group of droids. "Yes you did. Listening just isn't one of Kurt's strong suits." He laughs at his own joke as the other two walk out.

18. - Top - End - #18

Kurt

"Bah. So, we find Jabba or one of his flunkies for this job?" Kurt asks Alynkar as they hit the street outside.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I was thinking we hit up his local business office and find out what we can, including where the slug is if we need to go get him, and... be right back," he said, noticing a familiar pair of droids across the way, with a third probably blocked by the crowd, even from his vantage point.

Moving as inconspicously as a three-meter-tall being could, he crossed he street and ducked into the alley. "Hey Alpha," he said, grinning. "What's up?"

20. - Top - End - #20

MindFlayer

OOC- Fast forwarded by request.

As you enter the job office, you notice a scratched up security camera watching you. At a desk that appears to have been imported from some kind of prison due to it's solid durasteel surface, a lone Bothan sits. After your greetings, the bothan says, "Oh so you're here about Jabba's job." He grins. "Obviously I have to stay in business, so give me fifty credits and we'll call everything even." Now for the job itself. "A guy owes Jabba some money, but on the way to pay it to Jabba, his speeder broke down in the middle of the Dune Sea. He's got the supplies for a couple of days, but he needs someone to come out there and either repair the speeder or take him to Jabba's palace, Jabba's willing to give you ten percent of the money the guy owes him." He gives you a sly smile. "Now about those credits I mentioned."

21. - Top - End - #21

Kurt

Kurt is tempted, oh so tempted, to reach across the counter and throttle the bothan, but he understands the creature needs to make a living too, information always has a price. Maybe not quite that much though.

"How about you tell us the location and we'll decide how much is is worth to you" he growls.

Intimidate: (1d20+11)[26]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Not so fast," Alykar said. "Not only do we need to know where he is, we need to know what's wrong with the speeder. Then we'll talk payment. Well, actually, Desh here will," clapping the human on the back. "New guy pays. Ain't that right, Kurt?" he said, turning his head a little to give Kurt a wink.

23. - Top - End - #23

kurt
    "New guy paying makes a lot of sense. How else does one learn the ropes?"
    Last edited by Rane126; 2010-07-25 at 10:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

MindFlayer

The Bothan leans back in his chair, continuing to grin like a fool. "I've got all the details right here," he says pulling a datapad from his pocket. He leans in towards you. "Listen, this fifty will barely set you back, there are reasons Jabba wants the money rather than letting the guy die in the sea."

25. - Top - End - #25

Desh

He places fifty credits on the table swiping up the datapad as he does. "Here's your fifty credits and I'll give you another fifty if you tell me why he's wanted so bad."

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion (1d20+11)[27]

26. - Top - End - #26

MindFlayer

The Bothan seems to be weighing a decision for a moment before saying, "Keep the second fifty, it's no secret, he owes a lot of money, Jabba would rather get the money than let him rot."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Alright, so whaddya we got?" Alynkar asked peering over Desh's shoulder to read the pad.

28. - Top - End - #28

MindFlayer

Navigating the datapad you find some coordinates for the location, it's about three days on foot, but only one day if you have a speeder. It also details what's wrong with the speeder, the repulsorlift went out, but the other systems are still online, which accounts for why he hasn't died of heatstroke.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Has anybody else been here about this?" Alynkar asked the Bothan.

Once he got his answer, he turned back to Kurt. "Can you whistle us up a ship on short notice? If not, we'll have to rent a speeder-no way I'm walking out there three days to find someboyd beat us to it."

30. - Top - End - #30

Kurt

"I don't think the captain will be good with me borrowing the ship. How about we rent a speeder?"