New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

biggrin Bungie working with Activision

well yesturday i heard that bungie is signing a contract with Activision and blizzard, which means that a new version of halo might come out of PS3 which would be kick butt, because i hate 360's what is yourguys thoughts?

GO PS3

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bungie working with Activision

This probably belongs in the games forum.

I wouldn't expect HALO to ever come out on a playstation. The series is owned by Microsoft, not by Bungie.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

This makes me sad.

Judging from what I know of certain events, most of the considerable flaws with Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer is the fault of Activision. There has also been certain (apparent) underhanded dealings so they maintain control of Infinity Ward despite of contracts stating it would become an independent studio after Modern Warfare 2's release.

However, I am ready to admit that this is only one side of the story as Activision has not yet (to my knowledge) made any kind of statement, and the legal battle is still taking place.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    This makes me sad.

Judging from what I know of certain events, most of the considerable flaws with Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer is the fault of Activision. There has also been certain (apparent) underhanded dealings so they maintain control of Infinity Ward despite of contracts stating it would become an independent studio after Modern Warfare 2's release.

However, I am ready to admit that this is only one side of the story as Activision has not yet (to my knowledge) made any kind of statement, and the legal battle is still taking place.
    For the foreseeable future, any move that Activision is going to be marred with this misstep. Even if the Bungie game were successful, it wouldn't change people's opinions that Activision is the new evil corporation to hate.

When you look at everything happening, and see Activision's past, it becomes a lot clearer that Activision is more at fault for the results of the company's failings in complying to the promises it kept with IW.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really surprised Bungie is doing anything with Activision after the whole MW2 thing. Also, Halo will never be on the PS3, and both consoles have different things to recommend them. It annoys me when people make blanket statements about either system, especially if they just got done mentioning that they like a game on that system. There's just no reason to profess hatred for either machine at this point.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.