New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crazy Ol Magtok's Battle Arena of Terror! (COMBAT! I)

Sheesh.

Mime won't listen to his friends or the Narrator!

He's pretty thick headed, huh?

And sadly Memzee can't understand Mime. She just sees a whole bunch of gesturing and assumes that means he's agreeing with her. Hoo boy...

The demoness plants one foot firmly before hefting against the chain, aiming to smash the poor Mime into the ground with even more force than the previous two blows.

And considering how much strength she used the last two times that probably isn't a terribly pleasant thing should Mime once more find himself crashing into the floor.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mime will quickly mime a saw and attempt to slice through the chain connecting him to MemZee, probably launching him some distance away from her, if successful. The saw's pretty much infinitely sharp, because Mime knows that saws cut through things.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Dexter laughs over the intercoms. "Silly Mime, those chains are stronger than that! They're meant to hold even the toughest fighters and mightiest mages! The crowd won't be denied blood tonight!" The crowd roars in their approval and bloodlust, trying to taunt the two into a real fight.

In other words, the manacles have been enchanted to be nigh indestructible. Of course, depending on how thin Mime's wrists are, he could simply squeeze his hand out with a bit of effort if he doesn't mind losing a bit of skin.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

The arena floor, long since 'flipped over' from the previous deadtimed fight, finally found something new to enter itself. A 'drideresque' mechanized elf, complete with black armor and totally encased to look utterly robotic, striding through the halls and looking down at everything. "Interesting. So, what is there to fight?"
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2010-04-22 at 11:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, looks like a new challenger for us tonight, folks! And a cute one it is! To lively things up on this slow night, we'll let her spin on the Wheel Of Death first!" She'll see the center of the arena open up, and a giant wheel rising up out of it with dozens of sections made of bones and covered in odd symbols. She'll also see a figure start walking towards her from the other end of the arena, from the defender's side.

It looks human so far.

6. - Top - End - #126

"Well, this ought to be interesting. And nice that you like my design." Her voice seemed slightly affected, and there was a hint of someone else inside, but it didn't truly give outward show at the moment.

She strode up to the wheel, keeping an eye on the human, and spinning the wheel without any fear of what it might land on. Locii stood back, grinning and putting her head halfway to one shoulder.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2010-04-22 at 11:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

The wheel spins, and slowly stops on a sword and shield symbol. The crowd cheers loudly. "Folks, it looks like fun tonight, for it's a Gladiator match!" the wheel sinks back into the ground and panels and racks open up on the walls and floors, revealing several dozen different kinds of Roman style weaponry. "And how appropriate, for the defender tonight is..." The spotlight moves to the man. He's well muscled and wearing light trousers. "Spartacus!"

8. - Top - End - #128

Locii almost jumped back, seeming surprised and worried at this point, although qith a flick of her head she washed the worry away. "Heh, well thats not so good. Doesn't look like I can mimic anything, but at least I get weapons." She smiled, knowing she was practically mounted, so at least she had that advantage, grabbing a long riding lance appropriately for her stature, a 'sword', placing it in a little 'hitch' in her 'back' to use should she lose the lance, and a shield.

"Now if only I knew how to 'use' these Law damned things..."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Spartacus draws a gladius and a round shield from the racks before raising his sword to the audience, who cheers. Without saying anything, he turns to Locii and drops into a fighting stance.

"Let the blood, BEGIN!"

10. - Top - End - #130

"I see." She smiled, letting him take that stance and starting up a dash, like she was mounted, at first in another direction but rounding to him, lance pointed downward as if in a duel with an intent to ram straight through.

She wiped a little sweat off her brow and licks her lips, grinning widely as her 'Arbiter' began already evaluating everything.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2010-04-23 at 12:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

The gladiator easily deflects her lance blow, seemingly unmoved by the strike and swipes at her legs quickly with his blade.

Something seems odd about him.

12. - Top - End - #132

Very thankfully, they were metal, but it did take her heavily off balance and leave a decent mark, causing Locii to almost stumble forward and trip, although she recovered swiftly. Her mind thought for a second, seeming to close her eyes and attempt to make a plan. Maybe something... with the spear tip, and the magic she just used... an on-the-spur magic item...

"But I'll try that later." For the moment, the girl was too occupied with keeping ehr distance from the fighter, and attempting to discern how to best someone under these circumstances.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Locii may notice that his movements seem a bit too well thought out for a normal human's and it sheathes the blade, grabbing a nearby trident and hurling it at her, leaving himself open to attack if she can get around the thrown weapon.

14. - Top - End - #134

He indeed left himself wide open, and noticing this she charged, straight through the weapon rather than around it. Her 'generator' allowing her to cut the path straight to him in a lunge with her spear, thrusting it right at the warrior's chest and coming back into corporeality.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

He turns slightly to avoid the blow, though it scrapes across his chest with a metallic screech. He doesn't bleed, and metal shows under the skin. She better move quickly, because as she's moving past, he swings his fist at her.

If it hits, it's going to hurt a bit.

16. - Top - End - #136

Locii lets out a scream as the fist contacts her face dead center, not realizing how much he was able to dodge, and definitely having no idea on how to fight physically. She stumbled, but turned again, swinging the lance in a wide arc to keep Sparta while returning to balance and pointing the lance in his direction again, her nose broken and bloody.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

He's knocked back by the lance and backs off, trying to get out of the lance's reach and circle around her. Spartacus moves in slow measure steps.

18. - Top - End - #138

And Locii in turn moves carefully again, if she can wait for the minute to pass, she can pull that 'trick' once more, staying defensive and trying to 'swing' with it, and keep him at her front, backing up a foot or two as necessary to keep Spartacus in her sights.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Spartacus' shoulder is hit by the lance, impaling it, but no blood flows and Locii will feel the lance be hacked on by his sword, trying to cut the tip off.

He's starting to succeed too.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Banned

Ark grins.

This is turning into a good fight. Hey! is that Richard and X in the waiting area waiting to be a tag team for the next fight?

Hey looky looky. It is just that. Richard and X who is a Yeti are waiting in the holding pen to tag team anyone who wants to fight.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Din and yamako are in the pen opposite

"why do I have to do this again?"

"Because of the prize money"

"That doesn't answer my question"

"......I'll buy you a ring for Pixie?"

"...deal"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

The 'tip' of the Lance seemed to fly right off and fling itself into the air, landing somewhere in the audience which probably caused a little worry for whoever was there. But Locii wasn't worried about that in the least, the most thought that she gave it being "Hey, maybe they'll treat it real nice like a home run at a baseball game." She didn't care about it because there was a much bigger concern, namely that her lance no longer had a tip. Sure it wasn't entirely dwindled away yet, and sure she could swing it like a staff and still weaponize it.

But Locii just didn't have that type of upper body strength.

She was surprised that she managed to get it to pierce at all in truth, so the girl momentarily panicked, backing away from Spartacus. And then...
    *b*e*e*p*
    ... her generator.

Locii gave a grand smile, instantly pleased and coming up with a plan. This time she'd have to make it count for more than breaking her 'own' bones. She charged in what seemed a suicidal manner straight at him and going incorporeal as soon as they would clash, and trying to pike him straight through the head and become corporeal with the direct impalement. She had three seconds so she figured she couldn't klutz 'this' one up, but just incase she did any sort of impalement through the chest, or such would do.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Sadly for Locii, whatever Spartacus is, he isn't stupid enough to stand and try to stop what amounts to a full on Calvary Charge. He waits for the last moment and dives to the side, rolling as he throws his blade at her. It likely won't do much as she's probably still Incorporeal.

24. - Top - End - #144

((Was my original intention, guess I just wasn't clear first time, but I'll clarify better here. Also, I just thought about how an 'incorporeal' being would run on corporeal ground, and how would that even work?))

It was a good thing she planned to stop right near him, screeching perhaps as she skidded, or not because she wasn't 'actually' touching the ground, and looking directly at him, having probably still a second, she deliberately attempted to put her lance through any part of him, hoping he wouldn't be able to dodge for long enough and licking a little of the blood coming through her nose.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

((*random comment pop-in*

My workaround of the matter is that both of my incorporeality-capable characters can also fly, one only when incorporeal. <.<

It's the simplest solution to the logic + incorporeality issue, in my mind.

*poofs away*))
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The gladiator dodges for a moment or two and raises his shield to block the lance, hopefully making it last long enough for the lance to be corporeal again. But then again, it's just as likely he's a tad too early...

If it's still incorporeal, the best she'll be able to manage is to try and lodge it in his arm.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there a second arena or something? It's just that I'm a bit too unoccupied right now

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148

((How would the shield block the 'incorporeal' lance? Or is this just outside of Spartacus's range of thought? Anyway, compromise.))

Indeed, she did seem to have the capability to lodge it... but it only lodged in the shield and nothing more. She might have skimmed and got a bit of his arm in a puncture, but Locii snarled and jerked away, unless he held on tightly the shield would come with her. At least she'd have managed to 'negate his weapon' in that case.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Spartacus' shield is whisked away, and he rolls to the nearest weapon rack, picking up another trident and a net.
    (Does anyone object to the other 4 PC's just joining the fight? If you do mind, just assume there's another arena. I'll make a spin on the wheel then.)

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

meh, X dead timed anyway. I could just have Yamako fight something for now

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show