New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXXII - Imperfectly Rebooted

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Apparently, some of them survived thanks to Vert Doom's interference.
    What?

I don't think Vert Doom really has anything to do with FI since nobody except for me (and maybe a few other people) cares about him.

And I highly doubt Vert Doom has anything to do with anything surviving.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXXII - Imperfectly Rebooted

Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why did someone decide to make a bigger, weirder iPhone?

Because they can.
    Actually, it is part of the plan, but I'm not supposed to tell you about the plan so *puts on sunglasses and activates MIB memory-modification device*

On an off-topic note, would any of you be interested in joining Piracy In The Playground on the FFRPG board? It's got pirates and probably pie too

On topic: I'm almost finished with the first comic, Gremlin. So get ready for WAR!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Actually, it is part of the plan, but I'm not supposed to tell you about the plan so *puts on sunglasses and activates MIB memory-modification device*

On an off-topic note, would any of you be interested in joining Piracy In The Playground on the FFRPG board? It's got pirates and probably pie too

On topic: I'm almost finished with the first comic, Gremlin. So get ready for WAR!
    So be it, kobold.

And I could have sworn I saw a comic where Vert Doom supposedly saved somebody...

And I think that might be cool. I'm still waiting for the Newt-Panda-Cuttlefish game, though.

However, if it means a chance to bring in my kitten vikings... *Really, really big goblin smile*
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2010-04-20 at 09:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    As an aside, I copied your image for everything below the head. Only because I couldn't make out what was there.
    There's the same stuff that's on Threesy's avatar, sans hair and footwear.

Plus the holy symbol of Threeshades, bringer of Cheesecake.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Banned

There's the same stuff that's on Threesy's avatar, sans hair and footwear.

Plus the holy symbol of Threeshades, bringer of Cheesecake.
    Ah, gotcha.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Ah, gotcha.
    On another note:

Prestidigitation? Clerics of Threeshades summon REAL Cheesecake, heathen!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Banned

On another note:

Prestidigitation? Clerics of Threeshades summon REAL Cheesecake, heathen!
    No, I meant that he used prestidigitation to wipe the pie off his face.

EDIT: Guys, I was thinking we might be able to try and bring this old thing back. I compiled everything I could find on it:
    Spoiler
    Show

THE BIG THREE:

Cuttlefish: Infiltration experts. They use their camouflage abilities to move undetected. By the time you've figured out where some cuttlefish are hiding, their gone. They do most of their offenses through stealth and trickery. Cuttlefish have good technology, though not as good as that of the Newts, and most of it is geared towards stealth. They aren't as good with poison as the Newts, but is is still highly effective.

Cuttlefish facilities generally have a well disguised front, but inside they are messes of wires and computer equipment set up in otherwise normal rooms, ready to be quickly packed up and moved.

Cuttlefish despise Pandas, because Pandas have a tendency to straighten out the confusion they try to maintain.

The Cuttlefish names tend to sound like hackers usernames, and are often spelled as such. Names like 1nkE_cl3an (Inky Clean), or No1spcl (No-one special) are common. The leader of the Cuttlefish always goes by mr_cuddles (Spelled exaclty that way). Nobody knows who mr_cuddles is, and many suspect it's more a title than anything. Variations on the name (Mr Cuddles, mrcuddles, mister_cuddles, m.Cuddles ect) are common, but no cuttlefish besides the leader dare goes by mr_cuddles.

Panda: Manipulation Experts. They use their adorable appearance and supposed endangerment to manipulate others into protecting and fighting for them, and have the best public relations. Pandas are often the easiest to find, but the hardest to reach. They have a lot of renewable energy-based resources.

Panda headquarters are generally luxurious penthouses, tastefully decorated and functionally equipped for the Panda's to run their organization.

Pandas despise Cuttlefish, because they have a tendency to upset the order Pandas prefer to work in.

The Pandas have very official, dynastic sounding names. Lots of "The Third's" with emphasis on their family or the organization they belong to. A Panda who works for Blue Seas Shipping may add "Of the Blue Seas" to the end of their name. The leader of the Pandas always amends "of the Ages" to their name.

Newts: Combat Experts. The newts are fast, agile, and highly toxic, making them dangerous combatants. Poison is their weapon of choice, and anybody who wants to move against them is likely to end up dead very quickly. Newts also have the most advanced offensive technology. They generally specialize in explosives. The Newts' facilities tend to look more like laboratories than anything.

Newts seem to have little or no opinion on the politics of the world, instead choosing to act as mercenaries, willing to work for either faction.

The Newt's tend to add earned titles to their names, usually refering to something they did or a skill they have. A newt who is very good at getting money out of clients may call himself "The Negotiator", a newt bioengineer may call himself "The Scientist".

LESSER FACTIONS:

Rabbits: Have very poor, medieval technology. Their greatest advantages are numbers and their skill at hit and run attacks. Rabbits have a tenuous alliance with the chickens.

Turkeys: Brutes who never do anything for themselves. They are a pretty powerful mercenary group, whose numbers approach those of the Newts, but they are not at all unified, and are really only a forum.

Chickens: A band of rebels. They wish for the state of things to be improved and the crime gangs to be wiped out. They are allied with the Rabbits and Weasels, which makes them a significant threat if they can agree on anything. They have poorly made weaponry, but a LOT of it, thanks to their skill at salvaging (which is the reason they got the Rabbits to ally with them).

Weasels: Assassin Guild. They are cowed by the Chickens, but do not like them, and wouldn't help them if the Chickens did not have their leader hostage. Before this happened, they were sworn enemies.

TURTLES:

The Turtles are the closest thing the world of organized crime has to law enforcement. Actual law enforcement is mostly befuddled and unable to help, but the Turtles are clever. Using their massive spy network and near total control over the seas, this pirate faction does its best to deal with the other groups--for a small price, of course.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2010-04-20 at 01:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

EDIT: Guys, I was thinking we might be able to try and bring this old thing back. I compiled everything I could find on it:
    Spoiler
    Show

THE BIG THREE:

Cuttlefish: Infiltration experts. They use their camouflage abilities to move undetected. By the time you've figured out where some cuttlefish are hiding, their gone. They do most of their offenses through stealth and trickery. Cuttlefish have good technology, though not as good as that of the Newts, and most of it is geared towards stealth. They aren't as good with poison as the Newts, but is is still highly effective.

Cuttlefish facilities generally have a well disguised front, but inside they are messes of wires and computer equipment set up in otherwise normal rooms, ready to be quickly packed up and moved.

Cuttlefish despise Pandas, because Pandas have a tendency to straighten out the confusion they try to maintain.

The Cuttlefish names tend to sound like hackers usernames, and are often spelled as such. Names like 1nkE_cl3an (Inky Clean), or No1spcl (No-one special) are common. The leader of the Cuttlefish always goes by mr_cuddles (Spelled exaclty that way). Nobody knows who mr_cuddles is, and many suspect it's more a title than anything. Variations on the name (Mr Cuddles, mrcuddles, mister_cuddles, m.Cuddles ect) are common, but no cuttlefish besides the leader dare goes by mr_cuddles.

Panda: Manipulation Experts. They use their adorable appearance and supposed endangerment to manipulate others into protecting and fighting for them, and have the best public relations. Pandas are often the easiest to find, but the hardest to reach. They have a lot of renewable energy-based resources.

Panda headquarters are generally luxurious penthouses, tastefully decorated and functionally equipped for the Panda's to run their organization.

Pandas despise Cuttlefish, because they have a tendency to upset the order Pandas prefer to work in.

The Pandas have very official, dynastic sounding names. Lots of "The Third's" with emphasis on their family or the organization they belong to. A Panda who works for Blue Seas Shipping may add "Of the Blue Seas" to the end of their name. The leader of the Pandas always amends "of the Ages" to their name.

Newts: Combat Experts. The newts are fast, agile, and highly toxic, making them dangerous combatants. Poison is their weapon of choice, and anybody who wants to move against them is likely to end up dead very quickly. Newts also have the most advanced offensive technology. They generally specialize in explosives. The Newts' facilities tend to look more like laboratories than anything.

Newts seem to have little or no opinion on the politics of the world, instead choosing to act as mercenaries, willing to work for either faction.

The Newt's tend to add earned titles to their names, usually refering to something they did or a skill they have. A newt who is very good at getting money out of clients may call himself "The Negotiator", a newt bioengineer may call himself "The Scientist".

LESSER FACTIONS:

Rabbits: Have very poor, medieval technology. Their greatest advantages are numbers and their skill at hit and run attacks. Rabbits have a tenuous alliance with the chickens.

Turkeys: Brutes who never do anything for themselves. They are a pretty powerful mercenary group, whose numbers approach those of the Newts, but they are not at all unified, and are really only a forum.

Chickens: A band of rebels. They wish for the state of things to be improved and the crime gangs to be wiped out. They are allied with the Rabbits and Weasels, which makes them a significant threat if they can agree on anything. They have poorly made weaponry, but a LOT of it, thanks to their skill at salvaging (which is the reason they got the Rabbits to ally with them).

Weasels: Assassin Guild. They are cowed by the Chickens, but do not like them, and wouldn't help them if the Chickens did not have their leader hostage. Before this happened, they were sworn enemies.

TURTLES:

The Turtles are the closest thing the world of organized crime has to law enforcement. Actual law enforcement is mostly befuddled and unable to help, but the Turtles are clever. Using their massive spy network and near total control over the seas, this pirate faction does its best to deal with the other groups--for a small price, of course.
    Wait, I am right in thinking these are actual animals, and are the turtles one of the minor factions
    Last edited by licoot; 2010-04-20 at 01:35 PM.
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

9. - Top - End - #309
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    Wait, I am right in thinking these are actual animals, and are the turtles one of the minor factions
    First of all, yes.
    Second, no. The Turtles are a pretty powerful faction but not against one target. Sort of like the spell Burning Hands: It''s kind of wimpy against one high-level guy, but if you're fighting five goblins it's the way to go. So the Turtles try to keep all the lesser gangs in check, and try to keep the balance between the Pandas and the Cuttlefish.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

No, I meant that he used prestidigitation to wipe the pie off his face.
    Wouldn't he just eat it?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

AWESOME. I must have that spell.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Banned

Nilmerg's a DRUID?!

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
    Nilmerg's a DRUID?!
    I think Nilmerg's just a Marty Stu or whatever it's called.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

14. - Top - End - #314
    Banned

Nilmerg's a DRUID?!
    Sigh...
    He is, to use Pathfinder rules, a level 7 Diviner/level 4 druid. Not all druids have animal companions, you know.

Fayte, how is Nilmerg a Gary Stu?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Sigh...
    He is, to use Pathfinder rules, a level 7 Diviner/level 4 druid. Not all druids have animal companions, you know.

Heh, Keris asked if i wanted to play a Pathfinder campaign in the next holidays with some old friends >.>

Also I unno, but hes like a cat with magic powers and radioactive whiskers <.<
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2010-04-20 at 02:49 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fay Graydon View Post
    Heh, Keris asked if i wanted to play a Pathfinder campaign in the next holidays with some old friends >.>

Also I unno, but hes like a cat with magic powers and radioactive whiskers <.<
    That's not a Gary Stu.
    Okay, here's what he is, Fayte: An awakened cat with glowing whiskers, with skill in magic--specifically detection and knowledge magic--and knowledge of the Druidic path. He also used to be undead, but he got better.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2010-04-20 at 02:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

That's not a Gary Stu.
    Okay, here's what he is, Fayte: An awakened cat with glowing whiskers, with skill in magic--specifically detection and knowledge magic--and knowledge of the Druidic path. He also used to be undead, but he got better.
    Ooooh
    I'm Sooooo very glad I know (And TBH care) so little about D&D things =P
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Banned

Sigh...

i'm kind of amazed you picked a class at all... And surprised you picked 'druid'
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-04-20 at 02:54 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

i'm kind of amazed you picked a class at all... And surprised you picked 'druid'
    Hey, druids are cool!
    ____

20. - Top - End - #320
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Hey, druids are cool!
    They also like life.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, druids WERE cool!
    Fixed that for you >.>

I played a AD&D druid, they rocked at level 7
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Stop mocking the almighty druid, or i'll get Ami to animate plants were the sun don't shine.
    ____

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Stop mocking the almighty druid, or i'll get Ami to animate plants were the sun don't shine.
    That's a place in Lancre isn't it
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

If I was on my art computer... e.e
    ____

25. - Top - End - #325
    Banned

Fixed that for you >.>

I played a AD&D druid, they rocked at level 7
    BREEP! BREEP! POWERGAMER ALERT!
    Fayte, I'm surprised you didn't notice that in my last post, I actually went out of my way to avoid any mention of statistics. I just told you that Nilmerg has skill in magic and worships the earth.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

BREEP! BREEP! POWERGAMER ALERT!
    Fayte, I'm surprised you didn't notice that in my last post, I actually went out of my way to avoid any mention of statistics. I just told you that Nilmerg has skill in magic and worships the earth.
    Oh righto sorry
    *shuts up now*
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Banned

Oh righto sorry
    *shuts up now*
    It's fine, Fayte, sorry about the 'powergamer' thing.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

It's fine, Fayte, sorry about the 'powergamer' thing.
    Pssst. Call her Fay.
    ____

29. - Top - End - #329
    Banned

Pssst. Call her Fay.
    Why would I call Fayte Fay?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Because she gets angry when you don't.