Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Okay. That sounds pretty good to me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Like I've mentioned a couple times (but really long ago) I made Michiko with every intention of being the first plot for the Mortal World students, giving them a human enemy(ies) to confront and overcome and feel special about BEFORE they have to confront the soul-eating monsters who no one else but them can see.
    Hm.

So long as it's not a huge arc (which I don't get the sense it's supposed to be, but I want to say anyways), this would be pretty solid.

It would give us more time to establish things.

The only question becomes, when would Izumi (and any other Substitute Shinigami of similar age) gain her powers? During this arc? Before? After?

I'm partly asking Horngeek, but also putting it out there for everyone to consider. Because if she (they) gain power in-game....she would first need to stumble on a Shinigami to give her that power.

That aside, I guess my main question is: with this being something of a true Arc, how much of a "Heel Face Turn" are you thinking in this arc? Total? Partial?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

The plan with Izumi is that I play the shinigami in question.

This is partially because the plan states the Shinigami in question dies.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

I'm always willing to play disposable characters/random NPCs. I love getting in any roleplaying I can, as I'm never going to get better if I don't do it.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

All right. If you want to make a Shinigami for it, then... be my guest.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Does the Shinigami need to do anything specific besides give Izumi powers and be in the Mortal World for a good reason?
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-22 at 10:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

have some awesome lines?

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

No, not really. In fact, that's the reason they're planned to die- the 'teach about the spiritual world' role is taken, pretty much, by Kasanip's character.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

S/he needs to die, duh.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Whether or not either of those friendships becomes something else will end up happening as whatever develops.
    And getting past her big sister.

---

Callos, the one problem I see is that the vast majority of characters would have no interest in dealing with Michiko.

I suppose Aki might be forced to do something, but Tani is pretty much blocked from getting involved.

---

And is Kasanip filling the role of Mentor? Cause Tani was supposed to have something like that. Training the Mortal characters to fight.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Blah blah, Draken.

I'll probably make the character over the weekend. I'm involved with a play right now, so my free time for writing is low for tonight and tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    And is Kasanip filling the role of Mentor? Cause Tani was supposed to have something like that. Training the Mortal characters to fight.
    There is a bunch of mentors really.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Well leading combat training is different from dispensing spirit world knowledge. There's no reason she has to have a monopoly on that either though. I'm sure your character will get to serve its role well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    There are a bunch of mentors, really.
    What he said. The students can always be impromptu mentors to each other by teaching their specialties.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-22 at 10:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Hm.

So long as it's not a huge arc (which I don't get the sense it's supposed to be, but I want to say anyways), this would be pretty solid.

It would give us more time to establish things.

The only question becomes, when would Izumi (and any other Substitute Shinigami of similar age) gain her powers? During this arc? Before? After?

I'm partly asking Horngeek, but also putting it out there for everyone to consider. Because if she (they) gain power in-game....she would first need to stumble on a Shinigami to give her that power.

That aside, I guess my main question is: with this being something of a true Arc, how much of a "Heel Face Turn" are you thinking in this arc? Total? Partial?
    I was under the assumption that "Michiko arc" would be a short arc just to establish everyone's powers. It gives good opportunities for everyone to show off their abilities a little as they "fight" each other, but nothing really substantial enough to force them into realizing how deep they might be in. Then, once the real threats start rearing their ugly heads, the students have to put aside petty differences to work together.

I rather like the idea, since it feels like a natural story arc you'd see for the beginning of any average shonen manga.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Callos, the one problem I see is that the vast majority of characters would have no interest in dealing with Michiko.

I suppose Aki might be forced to do something, but Tani is pretty much blocked from getting involved.
    Well I did mention, specifically, students. But how is Tani blocked? I thought he'd take interest and note if he found out trained killers were sent after his students...

And, as a very general outline, this is what I was thinking for Michiko's villainous term...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Game starts with first day of school, a bit of everyone getting to know one another and so on for first couple 'days' of school which would take however long the people would want (and could be when HG's sub-shinigami gets her powers/Nico gets munched). Then they start getting secret messages asking if they want to do more with their gifts. Michiko approaches them herself with an offer to join (I imagine most would refuse ). She doesn't take it well. She has delinquents from her gang go to trash their houses (but not to hurt anyone). They may/may not be stopped. She asks again saying she can help protect them from the deviants. (again, I imagine a lot of no's). Then it gets serious. She can't have them running around with powers, especially considering some of them might have figured out she was the one behind the delinquents in the first place.

So it gets serious. She sends her gang back out to kidnap a sibling or boyfriend/girlfriend to try and blackmail them into helping out. Kidnappings work with varying levels of success but they all point to a meeting place in an abandoned warehouse or the like where Michiko is waiting with the spiritually aware of her gang. Cue final fight. Also, spoiler,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also cue the yakuza goons sent to intimidate the student's families. They are also under orders not to hurt anyone, but unlike before they have no intention of actually listening to her and have blood in mind. I could easily see Tani being the one to take them out after Michiko mentions the yakuza thugs while losing to try and shake up her opponents
    Cue, most likely, some 'power of friendship' deal or the sort while will trigger Michiko's partial heel face turn as she picks one of the students to fixate on as a rival.

Like I said, it's a very rough outline, but there's what I had planned. Course, ocnsidering that Michiko's spiritually aware delinquents consist of...Yuudai, I'm still looking for more obviously so I don't need to play most of them myself. And as you can see it's meant to be 'serious' on a personal level but...a bit petty and insignificant compared to what they'll be doing later in the game.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-04-22 at 10:30 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, so a rough schedule of the Arc?

-Establishing Day
    -Michiko causes trouble, awakens spiritual powers
    -Mortals team up to defeat Hollow
    -Shinigami show up, beginning contact between the group?

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest, parts of that story sound incredibly terrible in an evil sort of way (not a "stupid" one). I could see it working, but I'm pretty sure Kina would have to be a hostage character, since she wouldn't be fighting any of those people.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Which would make her the 'hostage' for Izumi, probably.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't know Michiko was quite that bad. Didn't read the profile, so my fault at that. Tani would probably have to do something.

I will say that kidnapping Aki's family... will not end well. By and large, they are more powerful then she is.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Or Ken, depending on which of them has actual family members to be "hostages."

The other reason is that Kina isn't powerful enough to save any theoretical hostage she might have, and the only option would be one of her friends who are all more powerful than she is at this point. She might, if it's been a long enough time, have gotten to the plot point where she could reveal that she actually has fighting capabilities, but it's more likely she won't be there yet so she'll get captured.

I just realized I may as well be playing a normal human. This character is so awesome.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

there are a lot of empty VC slots (according to the Char app thread) so i decided that i should play such a PC

Hirako Kaede (last first)
    Vice Captain (any suggestions on division?)
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’ 3”
    Weight: 100
    Reiatsu: crimson
    rank division: VC
    Appearance: 18 years old wearing somewhat unique clothing. Geta, shinigami robes, a light cloak. Kaede has short brown hair and dark green eyes. He almost always caries his staff.
    Personality: Relaxed, Kaede treats life as if it was a game and he has all the time to think up a strategy.
    Zanpakuto: Ragnarok
    Spoiler
    Show

Spirit: a small dragon with red scales and blue eyes.
    Sword: in all forms it takes the exact same shape, a plain staff taller than Kaede.

Inner world: the ruins of a huge abandoned castle
    Shikai: destroy, Ragnarok!
    Spoiler
    Show

A fierce wind circles Kaede’s staff than disperses.
    Every time Ragnarok hits something it creates a large explosion, Kaede is spared from damage by the explosion. Kaede can also focus energy to amplify or reduce the size of the blast. Think between a mid level Hado (as cast by Kaede with full incantation) to Ichigo’s shikai Getsuga

Bankai: yet to acquire

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show

Decent, Kaede can perform up to level 54 without incantation with only 15% power reduction.

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

Expert: Kaede is fast, he can perform several special abilities

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kaede is very skilled in combat with his staff

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

Very skilled, Kaede relies equaly on his fist and his Zanpakuto

Backstory: rather plain. he came to Rukongai, discovered powers, went to school, joined a division ect.
    Last edited by Goblin Music; 2010-04-23 at 09:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi's family... well. Her father is, quite frankly, Badass.

I seriously considered that he'd be a retired Substitute himself- although Izumi would surpass him by the time she found that out.

Back in half an hour.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-22 at 10:37 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Alternatively, it could be a thing where she's actually supposed to be the hostage to get both of them to show up.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kuroda Ryo
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Kuroda Ryo
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 148 lbs.
    Division: [X]th
    Reiatsu/Speech color: Red/brown

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ryo has a deceivingly slight build for a shinigami. Underneath, his muscles are lean, hardened and scarred from years training and fighting against hollows. One of his most prodigious scars crosses the side of his face from his temple to his jawline. He has spiky black hair that would be shoulder length, were it not styled, and a black lip ring.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    At one hundred and fifty, Ryo doesn't seem to be much more than a teenager. For the most part, he is. He's wild and takes risks and feels invincible. He's also somewhat lazy and doesn't focus very well, unless its a pretty girl or fighting. Not to say he likes getting into them, but obviously he can manage.

He is however, a bit more stubborn than he'll admit. Though wild, he can control himself and takes his work seriously, as he values human life.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kidō:
    Ryo knows some healing kido by necessity, and can cast both Bakudō and Hadō up to the thirties, as he's not very fond of releasing his zanpakuto. He can only use Eishohaki (casting Kidō without incantation) with certain Kidō below ten. Some of his favorite are:
    Geki: Keeps hollows in check during a fight.
    Kyokko: Useful for sneaking up on hollows and anything else in general. Like the women's bath house.
    Shō: For a while, he was simply amused at it's potential for innuendo, now its become a valuable part of his arsenal and keeps pesky opponents at bay.
    Byakurai: Ryo fires a blast of lightning. A useful ranged attack mode.
    Sōkatsui: Possibly his most devastating single attack, it fires a large blast of blue fire.

Hakuda:
    Ryo is good in hand-to-hand combat, though won't rely on it as his main mode of combat most times. However, while his shikai is active, he sometimes gauntlets his hands in stone and gives his stance extra support by changing the earth below him.
    Hohō: Ryo's weakest suit. Ryo might look thin, but he's not extremely fast. He prefers instead to stand and meet his opponent head on.
    Zanjutsu:
    Ryo's most prodigious skills lie in his swordsmanship. Ryo is particularly adept at striking vulnerable areas with speed and skill. Though his hammer is not precisely a sword, he has honed techniques with it using some of the basics of swordsmanship. However, as mentioned, he rarely uses his zanpakuto's released form and thus is the reason why he relies on his swordsmanship so much.

Zanpakuto: Kiba no Tsuchi

Sealed Form: A normal katana with a green hilt and a square guard.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Release Command: "[I return this to you]"
    In addition to speaking the release command, Ryo spills his own blood on the ground. He usually just slits his palm, but in dire situations, he might spill a bit more. After doing so, Ryo's zanpakuto becomes a sledgehammer and he can manipulate the earth around him,(like an earthbender) based on the amount of blood he gave. This is not directly proportional to the amount of blood spent. For example, simply slitting his palm generally produces enough blood for him to manipulate his body mass of earth.

Not too sure about his zanpakuto, but otherwise, I'm set and committed. It's pretty general anyway. This is also going to be the same character to give Izumi her powers, unless horngeek objects.

Without further ado, critique time!

EDIT: Also, super sorry horngeek for taking so long
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-04-22 at 10:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, what division would Algo be in? (I'm pretty sure the current combination setup will be the final one)

Also, was my last post too long? No one seems to respond to the long ones.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well I did mention, specifically, students. But how is Tani blocked? I thought he'd take interest and note if he found out trained killers were sent after his students...

And, as a very general outline, this is what I was thinking for Michiko's villainous term...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Game starts with first day of school, a bit of everyone getting to know one another and so on for first couple 'days' of school which would take however long the people would want (and could be when HG's sub-shinigami gets her powers/Nico gets munched). Then they start getting secret messages asking if they want to do more with their gifts. Michiko approaches them herself with an offer to join (I imagine most would refuse ). She doesn't take it well. She has delinquents from her gang go to trash their houses (but not to hurt anyone). They may/may not be stopped. She asks again saying she can help protect them from the deviants. (again, I imagine a lot of no's). Then it gets serious. She can't have them running around with powers, especially considering some of them might have figured out she was the one behind the delinquents in the first place.

So it gets serious. She sends her gang back out to kidnap a sibling or boyfriend/girlfriend to try and blackmail them into helping out. Kidnappings work with varying levels of success but they all point to a meeting place in an abandoned warehouse or the like where Michiko is waiting with the spiritually aware of her gang. Cue final fight. Also, spoiler,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also cue the yakuza goons sent to intimidate the student's families. They are also under orders not to hurt anyone, but unlike before they have no intention of actually listening to her and have blood in mind. I could easily see Tani being the one to take them out after Michiko mentions the yakuza thugs while losing to try and shake up her opponents
    Cue, most likely, some 'power of friendship' deal or the sort while will trigger Michiko's partial heel face turn as she picks one of the students to fixate on as a rival.

Like I said, it's a very rough outline, but there's what I had planned. Course, ocnsidering that Michiko's spiritually aware delinquents consist of...Yuudai, I'm still looking for more obviously so I don't need to play most of them myself. And as you can see it's meant to be 'serious' on a personal level but...a bit petty and insignificant compared to what they'll be doing later in the game.
    Overall, interesting.

A couple of problems from Kaito's specific perspective.

-At game start, Kaito has "spiritually aware" as his "power". If Michiko has some way of detecting it, he has a fairly good well of potential. I'm not sure how to work his "trigger" in easily. Mainly because...

-His parents are cops. And he's a single child. So the only people to kidnap are members of the police. I'm sure that's a good way to stay low profile (putting aside the already high-profile nature of kidnappings in general).

@Goblin Music: Two things.
    1.)I thought you already had a VC candidate? It's okay to make more than one, but keep in mind it's possible you may only get one or the other. Several people have expressed the notion it's better to leave slots empty, than have people taking up multiple Captain/Vice-Captain slots.
    2.)Uh..."Plain staff" is already kind of Yoshi's zanpakutou, at least sealed. And I'd kind of chosen it for the "wizard" vibe. If it starts as a sword, and releases to a staff that controls wind, that might be okay. But I kind of wanted Yoshi to be pretty unique with his staff form; in my mind, it displays his great potential with Kido (since he's just an unseated in the Kido Corps right now).

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be honest, parts of that story sound incredibly terrible in an evil sort of way (not a "stupid" one).
    It certainly sounds like an anime/manga plot. How I imagine it: "I AM EVIL. JOIN ME!" *exchange punches* "This is not over hero! I will get my revenge!" The next day. "Sorry for going a bit overboard there bros." "Don't worry, Michiko, during that fight I believe we came to some form of mutual understanding and now we're automatically nakama. I don't know how it works, don't ask me." "Nakama?!" *clenches fist angrily* Then all the mortals pretend it didn't happen because we're supernatural and that means we are automatically unfazed when a fellow classmate goes rogue.

I'm not saying I think your idea is bad Callos. I'm just saying at first glance without any elaboration necessary it sounds like a fitting amusing campy standard shonen plot and it makes me smile.

When it comes to hostages I see Ken as having no one other than whoever he meets at school during the first day(s) as being a fitting hostage since I've thought for a while now that I'd place his parents on a typical never ending mysterious business trip overseas and he's a loner by default so he shouldn't have any friends yet.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-22 at 10:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll be honest, parts of that story sound incredibly terrible in an evil sort of way (not a "stupid" one). I could see it working, but I'm pretty sure Kina would have to be a hostage character, since she wouldn't be fighting any of those people.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by the this...

@Tacky: She really isn't. Notice the worst thing in the above that she orders is vandalism and kidnapping which...isn't that bad considering what she's aspiring towards. And hence the Heel Face Turn when she's shown the error of her ways. All the real bad stuff is coming from...well..not her. Michiko is just stubborn as hell (the downside of Heroic Willpower) and doesn't want to take no for an answer.

And to point out, the kidnappings don't HAVE to succeed. It's cool if it works out, makes the warehouse bit more dramatic, but even if the delinquents she sends to bring a friend/family member somewhere fail then the students/person in question will still have the perfect source of info for 'she might have other hostages. She is here.'.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't mind having Michiko be the one to kidnap Kina actually. Could use the setup time at the school to make that seem reasonable in an 'oh crap' kind of way. I imagine something like Izumi finding out delinquents tried to kidnap a member of her family then thinking 'wait, where's Kina?! Hmm she said she had a study session with Michik...' then having all the pieces fall together as a potential bit.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

@Tacky: She really isn't. Notice the worst thing in the above that she orders is vandalism and kidnapping which...isn't that bad considering what she's aspiring towards. And hence the Heel Face Turn when she's shown the error of her ways. All the real bad stuff is coming from...well..not her. Michiko is just stubborn as hell (the downside of Heroic Willpower) and doesn't want to take no for an answer.
    Vandalism isn't that bad, but Kidnapping? That one... is a bit more worrisome. It does make for nice drama, but thats also a pretty serious crime. Maybe if the Kidnapping resulted for a miscommunication? Michiko wanted her people to just scare the family members, but they took it to far, and she just kept going because she knew she was committed?

I'm honestly more worried about making sure Michiko doesn't go to the Japanese equivalent of Juvee.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm just trying to figure out a good point for Kaito to actually manifest his powers.

I can see his refusal mostly being "not only "no", but I don't know why you want me; I'm just a bookworm".

And I'm sure it's not a secret he's a cop kid. He probably doesn't wear a sign or anything, but some basic research might tell her that.

Hm...Maybe I need to figure out who would be a friend from school to make a kidnap target, instead...