New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I'm not particularly concerned about that matter for a couple of reasons.

A) Michiko is a heiress to the third largest yakuza family. To say they don't have a good lawyer or connections to a dirty official or two would be like saying the sky was purple.

B) She would have fall guys in place if she went as far a kidnapping.

C) After so many failures, she'd likely write them off as lost causes and send reparation money to those kidnapped as apologies which should ease hard feelings. Or possibly bribe them even to just sweep it under the rug as a mistake of young people getting over-excited.

@Detecting Spiritually Aware: It's a case of observation and a 'flash test'. Since only the spiritually aware can see her barriers, she intends to 'flash' the barrier at certain points and note who reacts to the sight of it. Granted, not the best method, but a method.

@On Kasanip's plot: I would suggest doing it after Michiko's 'recruitment' ploy blows up in her face. It suits the plot better and provides a better reason for her Heel Face Turn moment for me then just 'the power of friendship beat you...so JOIN US!' I would offer the minor correction of Michiko actually going around and bullying with her gang since that ruins her image of being a proper student and they do it on their own. Michiko herself would likely be helping in the festival itself for class duties.

@On Kidnapping being an accident: It's...possible. But I find it dubious that a delinquent would have the moxy to kidnap people if Michiko herself didn't (and she does have the capacity for peaceful kidnapping in her).

@On Kidnapping Kina: Hey, if simple trickery is all that's needed then Michiko is all the happier to avoid potential conflict.
    That is why I suggested the Kidnapping be an accident. The result of a miscommunication between Michiko and her followers. She just rolls with it because she can't see another way out, but she is just as in over her head as anyone else. It has her remaining at least mildly sympathetic. At this point, the plot has her being... well kind of an immoral monster.

---

As far as Michiko being immune to the legal consequences, well, without getting into the details of it (which would violate the sites rules on politics) those things wouldn't protect her, if this was the 'real world.' I know we can elect to ignore that if we choose to, but it presents a real versimiltude cost.

Beyond that, it just honestly makes it difficult for any mortal character to truly be working with her. Kidnapping is pretty damn serious. And in it, it contents a hidden, 'or else' threat that makes it worse. Kidnappers implicitly threaten the death of their abductees. Thats what makes the abduction effective as coercion. It isn't a small thing.

---

Having it be a mistake plays Michiko as a victim as well. A miscommunication would explain why it was her underlings were willing to go further then she was. She wanted them to go talk to the famiky members, scare them a little. Her gang members take the instructions a little bit too literally, and by the time she finds out she has a warehouse full of hostages, it is too late for her to do anything about it.

---

@Kasanip

To clear things up, Tani is a teacher, not a student. He'd be involved in running the festival, I believe. He is listed as a delinquent in the registry, so I can see the misunderstanding. But no, he is probably a Phys Ed teacher, and oversees the more Martial Clubs.

As far as evaluating your version of the plot... it is early, and I don't really feel up to the task. I'll do it when I get back up today.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    That is why I suggested the Kidnapping be an accident. The result of a miscommunication between Michiko and her followers. She just rolls with it because she can't see another way out, but she is just as in over her head as anyone else. It has her remaining at least mildly sympathetic. At this point, the plot has her being... well kind of an immoral monster.
    This- if she actually ordered it... Izumi would find it very hard to trust her.

At all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Idea for a S.W.O.R.D. member, intended as a "go-to-guy" for infiltration, assassination and other covert ops.

Hubert Fiorentini, Agent 07 (First Name, Last Name)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6'7"
    Weight: 149 pounds
    Reiatsu: Utterly blank.
    Speech Colour: Dark Slate Grey
    Nationality: French
    Faction: S.W.O.R.D
    Code Name: "Mortified Jackal"

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hubert looks like a man whose prime is beginning to fade away. There's a tired look in his dark eyes, his hairline beginning to recede, with what's left heavily tinged with grey, as is his unshaven face. However, his body is trim and muscular, and he shows no signs of even beginning to slow down. Typically, he wears tight t-shirts and jeans, usually with little regard to fashion.

In full combat gear, his entire body is covered with a matt black bodyglove overlaid with a thin kevlar vest and a body combat rig and hip rigs for his sidearm and knife.
    Spoiler
    Show

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hubert spent most of his early adult life serving with French Intelligence. During a stint in the 80s, he was stationed in Japan and fell in love with a woman from Japanese intelligence named Miko Fujioka whom he was working alongside. After two years, she left him without a word.

Hubert returned to France and continued serving with French Intelligence for two more years before leaving and finding employ with initially a Private Military Contractor and later the Parisian police. After a particularly hard few months, he received a call from a Japanese legal firm stating that Miko had passed away recently and had named him sole legatee. He received a few effects, a suspiciously vast sum of money and Miko's daughter, whose birth certificate named him as the father.

He was set to retire and move to Japan permanently when he and his daughter were attacked by a Hollow. The assault left Hubert's daughter in a coma and him with newfound spiritual awareness and a desire to put it to use. With the source of his new lease of life tied up to several machines, he had no regrets when the recruitment officers from S.W.O.R.D. showed up.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hubert is tired, grim, and all too used to the rigours of espionage and covert warfare. His new life has been snatched out from under him, and he's been left with a bitter taste of vengeance in his mouth.

Tools and Dials
    Spoiler
    Show

AetherRun Bodyglove: Hubert's bodyglove can be activated to draw on ambient reishi for one of two purposes - either to enhance the speed and reaction times of its wearer, or to allow it, its wearer and all of its wearer's equipment to phase through solid objects.

Lonely Tree Dial: This dial absorbs ambient low-level sound in its immediate vicinity and uses it to slightly enhance the wearer's reaction time and strength.

Eclipsed Chameleon Dial: This dial absorbs excess kinetic energy from the wearer's movements and uses it to allow them to blend into shadows and darkness far more easily. By expended all absorbed reiatsu, and thus negating the shadow blending for a short period, the dial also allows for a single short range teleport of up to ten feet.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show

Five-seveN SC Pistol with silencer: or the FNSC for short. Modified to accept S.W.O.R.D standard issue ammunition, the FNSC serves as Hubert's sidearm. It also features an integral laser microphone that allows for the interception of conversations beyond earshot or behind glass.
    SC-20K M.A.W.S: is a prototype modular assault rifle featuring integral 6x magnified sighting scopes and silencer. It features an underslung grenade launcher, which Hubert typically utilises to deliver nonlethal payloads
    SC Combat Knife: A 6" double-edged combat knife modified to deal with spiritual targets as well as physical ones.

Other Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ajna Mk.II Reconnaissance Multilense Goggles: This piece of headwear can switch between full-colour night vision, thermal vision and wave vision, which allows for the perception of strong electrical current.

Non-Lethal Grenade Payloads: Hubert has access to CS gas grenades, flashbangs, smoke grenades and ring airfoil rounds, all used for removing targets with nonlethal means.

Espionage Equipment: Hubert possesses lockpicks, an advanced array of bugs, an optic cable, a wrist-mounted multipurpose handheld device as well as secure lines of communication with his superiors and handler.

General Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kido: None, beyond the stealth-related abilities provided by his equipment.

Hoho: Hubert's athleticism is near human peak, despite his age, and with his equipment, he can occasionally reach superhuman levels as well.

Zanjutsu/Melee: Hubert has received advanced training in knife combat, as one would expect from a special operative, and has had plenty of chances to refine his technique.

Hakuda: Similarly, his hand-to-hand combat skills are exceptional for a human too, having received advanced training refine with years of field practice.

Marksmanship: Yet again, Hubert has received top military training and refined it with years of practice.

Stealth: Even without his equipment, Hubert is exceptional at avoiding notice. He can slip by almost anyone without superhuman senses.

Think of him as the bastard child of Sam Fisher and Nightcrawler.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Or, Michiko could blow the others off and they could save the day. It's not like two substitute shinigami, a Quincy, a girl with a Scarf Monster, an empowered boxer and a shrine maiden couldn't defeat a hollow together.
    Don't forget about the telekinetic and the Improbable Weapons User.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Expendable Hollow Villain #1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Angry Janitor, formerly known as Mori Souta

Appearance: Will describe when the character enters play.

Background:
    The students might remember Souta as a short, graying old man who was responsible for maintenance of the school's estate. He was a gruff geezer, always wearing the same worn and dirty overalls in work, smoking cigarettes at work which probably could've given rocks lung cancer, and shouting expletives at the sligtest provokation. Still, he did his job well and despite the rough surface was generally kind to everything and everyone. He was the source of many wild rumours, stories and jokes, and for that he was even idolized by some rowdier students.

He died from a heart attack during summer break. Sadness ensues.

Unfortunately, it seems like Shinigami haven't been doing their jobs well enough lately. Souta has lingered around his grave for months, and he isn't appreciating it. Who's going to rake the yards? Plumb the toilets? Change the broken lightbulbs? No-one. There's work to be done, and death is no excuse to stay out of work! If only that damn chain wasn't holding him back...

Powers:

Inhuman strenght and endurance:
    Twisted form of the Angry Janitor can overpower and outlast normal humans easily.

Exhale Smoke: The Angry Janitor can blow a cloud of thick, noxious smoke from its mouth. It's impossible to see through and makes eyes water, and anyone who smells it will retch and gag because of the horrible stench.

Genius Loci: Angry Janitor knows the school grounds inside out, and holds minor control over the very structure of the place. He can open and close doors and windows, or turn electrical equipment on and off with thought. He has minor Pesquisa, which he can use to sense people within this home terrain. As he can also walk through walls and knows shortest routes everywhere, outrunning him within the school grounds is very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    You know, there's something I want to know about:

what happens with Shinigami having time off? Where do they go when they do?
    Sato Hachirou will be feeding pigeons. While wearing a clown suit. I plan to have him spend most of his time in the Mortal World, so he'll become known to the students as that odd bum / street artist that's in the park every sunday, but who you can't see anywhere else.

Here's a random Sereitei plot suggestion, if we want plot everywhere. Note that this is without any input from anyone else, I just came up with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Someone breaks out of Maggot's Nest/Prison/Whatever. There is a Captain's meeting to discuss it. He/She gets captured and taken back in. At the rate at which we post, it's highly possible this will take enough time for the Mortal World to get established, and this is probably something that might happen, even with 3rd Division the way I've designed it. After all, they have riots at Maggot's Nest all the time.

"Next time on Prison Break!"
    *dun-dun-DUN*

... did anyone else like that show? Last episode aired here just last Tuesday.

Also, I was going to make a Grand Fisher-style Hollow myself. If Frozen_Feet wants to do it that's cool too. In fact, why don't we make 2? I mean, Ichigo and friends fight at least 3 "intelligent" hollows before Gotei 13 finds him.
    If you want to make a second one, go ahead. More the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    And of course, the first day of school shall be Sören's first day on the job.
    No way this can go wrong.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

So this thread doubled in length since the last time I was on? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip
    Working together they must defeat the hollow. It is a hollow of type that is 'manipulating' several smaller things to attack like a puppet.
    This actually fits the concept I'd had already. A hollow who uses wires to control things like marionettes and can also use the wires themselves to attack.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    So this thread doubled in length since the last time I was on? Wow.
    Yep. It's worse in ACRONYM- I've seen them need a new HALO thread after a week has passed.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Since it's been a bit and no one seemed to have anything else to add (and nothing negative ever came up), I went ahead and stuck Emi in the character registry.

I admit I'm a bit lost after all that thread posting as to what the intro plot is (or what the suggested intro plots are, or... something), but it was my intention to have Emi in it.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-04-23 at 07:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Halfling in the Playground

Seven...pages...while I was gone...

(Why is it always that when I'm asleep, you guys actually move the threads fast!) (Don't answer that. )
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Since it's been a bit and no one seemed to have anything else to add (and nothing negative ever came up), I went ahead and stuck Emi in the character registry.

I admit I'm a bit lost after all that thread posting as to what the intro plot is (or what the suggested intro plots are, or... something), but it was my intention to have Emi in it.
    Basically, there are two plots, one by Callos, one by Kasanip.

Callos: Plans to have Michiko attempt a recruitment drive. This may include kidnappings. Current debate is on exact format, and how intentional the kidnappings are on Michiko's part. This takes place over a couple of days. It allows for all Mortal characters who don't start play with powers to awaken/trigger them, to some degree. This includes our Substitute Shinigami, and Nick, who needs to get chomped on by a Hollow.

Kasanip: The kids are helping with a Culture Day festival. All PCs are staying after school, voluntarily or involuntarily. Weird stuff happens, they run around, Hollows attack. Kasanip's character Sayaka comes in, puts up barriers, explains things to the kids, everybody gets ready to fight. Barrier goes down, fight ensue, kids take out Hollows, everyone bonds.

@Callos: For the record, I agree with Tacky. Putting aside matters of her sweeping everything under the rug via the magic power of "lawyers", if she explicitly ordered kidnappings, she pretty much guarantees almost none of the kids will trust her, or even help her, for a long, long time. If your intent is that they bond by the end of Kasanip's proposed Hollow attack, I suggest the kidnapping be an overzealous mistake and mishearing. That way, the kids can be upset she tried to strongarm them, but hey, she didn't rip them from their homes and implicitly threaten bodily harm and death if her demands weren't met, right?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

That was a very coherent and concise summary. Thanks!

I'm not overly fond of kidnapping plots, so I think I'll leave Emi out of that.

Having her get attacked by hollows seems like it would work best with everything I've set up for her anyway.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

Comments on Angry Janitor?

@Innis: Why'd you delete Takeshi from the registry?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

I'm considering having Kina just be a really short 17-year-old if it's really that big an issue. I like having options open, whether or not they're used. If there's absolutely no option if Kina's 15, let's just make her 17. There's not really much difference.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, her options for knowing everyone else are smaller if she's 15, yes (or possible romance, either ). Unfortunately.

That's not no options, but they're more limited.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

It seems like the vast majority of students are either 16 or 17, meaning that they could theoretically all be within the same grade.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

So, have we settled on a uniform?

Kasanip drew some characters in seifuku, but they weren't coloured. There might also be differences between years.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-23 at 08:39 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Comments on Angry Janitor?

I like Angry Janitor.

That was a very coherent and concise summary. Thanks!

I'm not overly fond of kidnapping plots, so I think I'll leave Emi out of that.

Having her get attacked by hollows seems like it would work best with everything I've set up for her anyway.
    You're welcome.

And I think that the Hollow attack would be good to help bring in any characters not involved in the "kidnapping" plot, as well as helping all of them start forming a team, and not just a group, if you understand what I'm saying.

Edit:@Prime: Uh...not really? I didn't figure it mattered very much; people will likely have their "active wear" picked out separately anyways.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-04-23 at 08:42 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

To a degree, it doesn't really matter what exactly the uniform is.

On the other hand, it can be fun to say what it is, sometimes.

@Vael: We actually do have another kidnapping plot semi-planned. But only semi. With Izumi being one of the victims for that one.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    @Vael: We actually do have another kidnapping plot semi-planned. But only semi. With Izumi being one of the victims for that one.
    And maybe Nakahiro.

Additionally, I like the Janitor who is angry.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-04-23 at 09:40 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    @Goblin Music: Two things.
    1.)I thought you already had a VC candidate? It's okay to make more than one, but keep in mind it's possible you may only get one or the other. Several people have expressed the notion it's better to leave slots empty, than have people taking up multiple Captain/Vice-Captain slots.
    2.)Uh..."Plain staff" is already kind of Yoshi's zanpakutou, at least sealed. And I'd kind of chosen it for the "wizard" vibe. If it starts as a sword, and releases to a staff that controls wind, that might be okay. But I kind of wanted Yoshi to be pretty unique with his staff form; in my mind, it displays his great potential with Kido (since he's just an unseated in the Kido Corps right now).
    1) i dropped that particular character
    2) i just like quarterstaves. it has no wind aspect besides the release 'animation', it creates big explosions and that is it.
    it might help if the descriptions of the weapons were different (both of them also have the same last name and almost the same Reiatsu, oddly), i intended for kaede's staff to be just a cylinder of wood taller than he is.
    If you were pressed for a more in depth description of yoshi's staff what would it be?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    And maybe Nakahiro.
    If you're going to have a Bleach universe kidnapping plot, the least that could be done is have a male get kidnapped.

So even though I may not get too involved, I would totally rather see Nakahiro kidnapped. Seriously, women get kidnapped in fiction and roleplaying all the time. And in the Bleach universe, they even seem to magically become incompetent in order to get themselves kidnapped. It's maddening, I say!

Let someone else take a turn rather than the "helpless female" stereotype. Seriously!

22. - Top - End - #442
    Firbolg in the Playground

@^ We had the male Captain of the 11th as the subject for rescuing in the last RP. This IS a subversion for us.

Kasanip drew some characters in seifuku, but they weren't coloured. There might also be differences between years.
    Coloured (But, ahem, altered uniform):
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-04-23 at 10:01 AM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I only drew Erima and Takara in uniform from junior high school since they will become year 1 students soon. I do not like the Bleach uniform very much.

In the comic, everyone wears jersey because I dreamed it was Sports Festival Day.

After the VN project's uniform discussion...I really think it is okay if we do not do such a thing here. It only matters for those who draw also maybe I think.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-04-23 at 10:05 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Music View Post
    1) i dropped that particular character
    2) i just like quarterstaves. it has no wind aspect besides the release 'animation', it creates big explosions and that is it.
    it might help if the descriptions of the weapons were different (both of them also have the same last name and almost the same Reiatsu, oddly), i intended for kaede's staff to be just a cylinder of wood taller than he is.
    If you were pressed for a more in depth description of yoshi's staff what would it be?
    I hate to be blunt, but Yoshi's been here long before your character. I'd first ask that you consider using another last name.
    I'd second ask that you again consider making Kaede's zanpaktou start as a sword, and release to a staff.

The main reason Yoshi has a staff is because he's in the Kido Corps. It fits the "wizard" visual archetype. And again, frankly, he had it first.

If you're going to have a Bleach universe kidnapping plot, the least that could be done is have a male get kidnapped.

So even though I may not get too involved, I would totally rather see Nakahiro kidnapped. Seriously, women get kidnapped in fiction and roleplaying all the time. And in the Bleach universe, they even seem to magically become incompetent in order to get themselves kidnapped. It's maddening, I say!

Let someone else take a turn rather than the "helpless female" stereotype. Seriously!
    Well.

The plot Dorizzit and Horngeek refer to will likely take place "midway" through the game.

And considering the organization who will do so specializes in taking out Hollows and Shinigami, it sounds less like Izumi magically gets incompetent, and more gets ganked by expert Shinigami gankers.

Maybe both Izumi and Nakahiro get kidnapped. That shows us these guys are really serious.

It's less about either gender being "helpless", and more about this being a ruthless shadow organization that's willing to violently kidnap teenagers, empowered they may be.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Well.

The plot Dorizzit and Horngeek refer to will likely take place "midway" through the game.

And considering the organization who will do so specializes in taking out Hollows and Shinigami, it sounds less like Izumi magically gets incompetent, and more gets ganked by expert Shinigami gankers.

Maybe both Izumi and Nakahiro get kidnapped. That shows us these guys are really serious.

It's less about either gender being "helpless", and more about this being a ruthless shadow organization that's willing to violently kidnap teenagers, empowered they may be.
    Yeah yeah, I know it can be done well. It's just become a pet peeve for me.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah yeah, I know it can be done well. It's just become a pet peeve for me.
    Don't worry, I think we're going to have plenty of danger for both genders in this game.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Your one scary dude FF...

Because I don't intend on playing him.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

I hate to be blunt, but Yoshi's been here long before your character. I'd first ask that you consider using another last name.
    I'd second ask that you again consider making Kaede's zanpaktou start as a sword, and release to a staff.

The main reason Yoshi has a staff is because he's in the Kido Corps. It fits the "wizard" visual archetype. And again, frankly, he had it first.
    true, i was just saying. the last name can be changed.

yes, he has a staff because he is in the kido core, but what does it look like? a 6 foot cylinder with a one inch diameter? Gandalf's first staff? a knobbly pice of tree? a less knobbly bit of tree? The first possibility is what i imagine Kaede's staff looks like, and was chosen because of it's use by Robin Hood (a very anti arcane character). the others fit the more wizard feel IMHO. i am not saying that i won't change the sealed state, i am just saying that two staff zanpaktou are not as ordinary as you seem to be making it out to be.
    summery: i will change the last name, describe the sealed state of Yoshi's zanpaktou please, changing the sealed state can be done i am just slightly against it.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Music View Post
    true, i was just saying. the last name can be changed.

yes, he has a staff because he is in the kido core, but what does it look like? a 6 foot cylinder with a one inch diameter? Gandalf's first staff? a knobbly pice of tree? a less knobbly bit of tree? The first possibility is what i imagine Kaede's staff looks like, and was chosen because of it's use by Robin Hood (a very anti arcane character). the others fit the more wizard feel IMHO. i am not saying that i won't change the sealed state, i am just saying that two staff zanpaktou are not as ordinary as you seem to be making it out to be.
    summery: i will change the last name, describe the sealed state of Yoshi's zanpaktou please, changing the sealed state can be done i am just slightly against it.

Ok, first, I'm going to give a pass on the "describe your character's weapon more please" demand, since I've kind of been demanding.

But my point is that I had kind of intended for Yoshi to be unique. Kind of like how Ryouichi is unique with 3 swords. The implication here is that Yoshi might, one day in the future (though almost assuredly not in this game), end up as Kido Commander.

If suddenly there are a half-dozen people with staves as their sealed zanpakutou, it kind of takes away from that.

I'll consider how the staff looks, but by the same token, my intent was that he be able to fight with it like a quarterstaff. A "knobby tree limb" doesn't work quite so well for that, does it?

And it's "Kido Corps", not "Kido Core".

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

@Vael: Actually, so far as the plot by Callos goes, you could just subvert things, and have them try to, say, nab Emi or one of her family, and she beats the ever-living tar out of them. Then goes to investigate. Lets her take part overall, but make sure you don't have to play a damsel in distress or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Idea for a S.W.O.R.D. member, intended as a "go-to-guy" for infiltration, assassination and other covert ops.

Hubert Fiorentini, Agent 07 (First Name, Last Name)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6'7"
    Weight: 149 pounds
    Reiatsu: Utterly blank.
    Speech Colour: Dark Slate Grey
    Nationality: French
    Faction: S.W.O.R.D
    Code Name: "Mortified Jackal"

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hubert looks like a man whose prime is beginning to fade away. There's a tired look in his dark eyes, his hairline beginning to recede, with what's left heavily tinged with grey, as is his unshaven face. However, his body is trim and muscular, and he shows no signs of even beginning to slow down. Typically, he wears tight t-shirts and jeans, usually with little regard to fashion.

In full combat gear, his entire body is covered with a matt black bodyglove overlaid with a thin kevlar vest and a body combat rig and hip rigs for his sidearm and knife.
    Spoiler
    Show

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hubert spent most of his early adult life serving with French Intelligence. During a stint in the 80s, he was stationed in Japan and fell in love with a woman from Japanese intelligence named Miko Fujioka whom he was working alongside. After two years, she left him without a word.

Hubert returned to France and continued serving with French Intelligence for two more years before leaving and finding employ with initially a Private Military Contractor and later the Parisian police. After a particularly hard few months, he received a call from a Japanese legal firm stating that Miko had passed away recently and had named him sole legatee. He received a few effects, a suspiciously vast sum of money and Miko's daughter, whose birth certificate named him as the father.

He was set to retire and move to Japan permanently when he and his daughter were attacked by a Hollow. The assault left Hubert's daughter in a coma and him with newfound spiritual awareness and a desire to put it to use. With the source of his new lease of life tied up to several machines, he had no regrets when the recruitment officers from S.W.O.R.D. showed up.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hubert is tired, grim, and all too used to the rigours of espionage and covert warfare. His new life has been snatched out from under him, and he's been left with a bitter taste of vengeance in his mouth.

Tools and Dials
    Spoiler
    Show

AetherRun Bodyglove: Hubert's bodyglove can be activated to draw on ambient reishi for one of two purposes - either to enhance the speed and reaction times of its wearer, or to allow it, its wearer and all of its wearer's equipment to phase through solid objects.

Lonely Tree Dial: This dial absorbs ambient low-level sound in its immediate vicinity and uses it to slightly enhance the wearer's reaction time and strength.

Eclipsed Chameleon Dial: This dial absorbs excess kinetic energy from the wearer's movements and uses it to allow them to blend into shadows and darkness far more easily. By expended all absorbed reiatsu, and thus negating the shadow blending for a short period, the dial also allows for a single short range teleport of up to ten feet.

Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show

Five-seveN SC Pistol with silencer: or the FNSC for short. Modified to accept S.W.O.R.D standard issue ammunition, the FNSC serves as Hubert's sidearm. It also features an integral laser microphone that allows for the interception of conversations beyond earshot or behind glass.
    SC-20K M.A.W.S: is a prototype modular assault rifle featuring integral 6x magnified sighting scopes and silencer. It features an underslung grenade launcher, which Hubert typically utilises to deliver nonlethal payloads
    SC Combat Knife: A 6" double-edged combat knife modified to deal with spiritual targets as well as physical ones.

Other Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ajna Mk.II Reconnaissance Multilense Goggles: This piece of headwear can switch between full-colour night vision, thermal vision and wave vision, which allows for the perception of strong electrical current.

Non-Lethal Grenade Payloads: Hubert has access to CS gas grenades, flashbangs, smoke grenades and ring airfoil rounds, all used for removing targets with nonlethal means.

Espionage Equipment: Hubert possesses lockpicks, an advanced array of bugs, an optic cable, a wrist-mounted multipurpose handheld device as well as secure lines of communication with his superiors and handler.

General Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kido: None, beyond the stealth-related abilities provided by his equipment.

Hoho: Hubert's athleticism is near human peak, despite his age, and with his equipment, he can occasionally reach superhuman levels as well.

Zanjutsu/Melee: Hubert has received advanced training in knife combat, as one would expect from a special operative, and has had plenty of chances to refine his technique.

Hakuda: Similarly, his hand-to-hand combat skills are exceptional for a human too, having received advanced training refine with years of field practice.

Marksmanship: Yet again, Hubert has received top military training and refined it with years of practice.

Stealth: Even without his equipment, Hubert is exceptional at avoiding notice. He can slip by almost anyone without superhuman senses.

Think of him as the bastard child of Sam Fisher and Nightcrawler.
    I thought he sounded Fishery.

I like it. I wonder if we'll have any more grizzled black ops expies in the faction.