New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Krazz, listed Kuroda Ryo under 13th in the registry. If you decide on a better division, badger me and I'll change it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

On another note Froze, Taiki under mortals is now Kazeatari.

Just thought you oughta know.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Kido Corp

Current Commander: Kitano Takeshi

Structure

The Kido Corp is structured similarly to the Gotei 13, with a Commander who over sees the direction of the Corp as a whole, a Vice Commander who over sees the everyday hustle and bustle of the Corp itself, and seated officers who interact more in the way of Captains in the Gotei, despite the wide gulf in relative power. The Vice Commander is not technically the 2nd Seat, holding a position quite unlike their contemporaries of the Gotei 13. The other “Division’s” outside the core make up of the Corp are known as Cells.

Seated members oversee 20 man teams, broken up into eight squads. This means that there are eight seated members of the Kido Corp and despite the number; each seated officer holds the same position, rights and privileges as their peers. Unlike the Gotei 13, the Kido Corp is not divided into “Seats” but instead titles those lower then broken up into Senior members and Junior members. Senior members cannot exceed half within the number of a Unit. Senior members are allowed full access to the libraries and labs of the Kido Corp, while Junior Members are limited to funds and access to some of the more sensitive or powerful scrolls and tomes. All counted, the main body of the Kido Corp numbers roughly around 170 members.

The first Cell exists for those members who wish simply to study and catalog the work of the Kido Corp as a whole. This Unit is made up of previous Junior Members. Refered to as Librarian’s, these Shinigami are the sole scribes of the collected Kido Corp History. The second largest Cell, the Librarian’s number roughly sixty men and woman all told.

The Defense of the Kido Corp Grounds falls to the Golden Topiary, large animated tree’s tended by specially trained kido practitioners referred to as Grounds Keepers. The number of said Grounds Keepers vary between 10 to 20 depending on the season, those in reserves are allowed to float between the other structured Cells as they see fit. The Grounds Keepers answer only to the Kido Commander and Vice Commander, sharing a spot equal to the

The Final Cell is known as the Jar Carriers, who oversee the reagents, spices, powders, drugs and sake of the Kido Corp along with their food stores and ledgers. The Jar Carries number at fifty men and woman, and hold a similar position as Senior members of the Core Units.

All told, the Kido Corp boasts an impressive 300 members.

History

One of the oldest foundations of Soul Society and the Shinigami, the Kido Corp has gone through many changes, transforming and evolving over its long history depending on the hand that guides it. The overall layout of the Kido Corp grounds can attest to this, a mish mash of cultural façade’s, winding streets that lead to massive building walls and a constant stack of new buildings upon the old. While much of the politics of the Corp are shrouded in mazes and red tape, official records state there have been four previous Kido Commanders, the last a woman by the name of Chen Shengdi. Rumors abound as to her disappearance, attributing her death to either old age or an assassination from within the Kido Corp itself.

The truth, as often is the case, is stranger than fiction. With the promotion of her Vice Commander Takeshi, Chen Shengdi placed herself in a drug induced coma, meditating in the deepest bowels of the Kido Corp Grounds in hopes to unlock the secrets of the Demon Arts. She is protected by multiple layers of kido spells, summoned demons and contructs and roving bands of animal hollows. Takeshi is the only member of the Kido Corp to know of her true fate, and has actively taken steps to lie on every occasion, sometimes not even the same lie, while in the cups.

Duties

The Kido Corp is trusted with the study, documentation and history of the Demon Arts for the betterment of Soul Society. Unlike the Gotei 13, the entire Corp has men and woman tasked with maintaining the Kido Corp grounds, relaying messages within the Kido Corp itself and overseeing to the defense of the Corp grounds.

Kido, Philosophy and how it interacts with the Corp.

Kido, the art of using reiatsu to fundamentally bring about desired effects is as much magic as could be described in the world. The division into Hado and Bakudo are in fact only two separate distinct paths of the Kido Method of Waidan, or Outer Kido. Aside from the study of how kido interacts with the outside world, the Kido Corp also monitors and attempts to research the effects of Kido on the spiritual being of a person, termed Neidan. These two studies are a balance, requiring the most skillful of practicioner in the Kido Corp to regulate the power, direction and energy of a spell through proper incantation, hand movements and release. This is a study that is said to take three lifetimes, no Shinigami alive today having preformed the “perfect kido”.

The goal of the perfect kido, and the present science around attaining it was first laid down by Tsau Tao Ling, a classical contemporary holding the first formal Kido Corp Commander’s mantel. Tsau proposed that not only was the Demon Arts a path of enlightened science, but that through its study, the Shinigami could grow more attuned with him or herself, and thus reincarnate to a separate plane outside that of the Mortal World. While today, this concept is widely considered utter nonsense, the idea of perfected kido continues to dominate the science and occult rituals that make up the current Kido Corp. The spiritual aspect of such study continues on through prayers, incantations and poetry during particular times of the day.

Waiden: The Path of Outer Kido

The Path of Outer Kido is separated into four distinct categories, two based on the Yin principle and two based on the Yang Principle. These four arts make up the foundation of Kido as far as the Kido Corp are concerned, kido spells that do not fit into any one category as simply referred to as De. The perfect kido is referred to as Wuji or “The Ultimate” or “The Infinite” while all other Kido are known under the term Taiji, or “The Boundless”.

Bakudō (Yin): The art of binding and defensive Kido. Bakudō also covers barrier magic, separating it from canon Bleach in such spells are not classified under any particular type of kido.

Qi (Yin): The art of closing wounds and mending the world around you. Qi is widely studied outside of the Kido Corp by the 4th Division, referred to as the Healing Arts.

Hadō (Yang): The art of destructive power. Hadō is further split into the five classical Chinese elements, known as Wu Xing depending on the spell. Hadō spells also cover any Kido that transforms the body, though these kido are rare and often times banned under Kido Corp laws.

Wu Wei (Yang): The art of action, these kido spells are catagorized for their use in and out of combat to expedite or tactically aid a Shinigami. This includes teleportation, communication, or long distance viewing.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-24 at 04:37 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #544

Stop being so good at exposition Innis.

I DEMAND IT!

Just kidding, you're amazing.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So....

The Kido Corps, as an institution, encourages and endorses its members to imbibe varying quantities of mind and mood altering chemical substances?

While they work on dangerous and deadly spells, many of which can and do kill, and some of which could destroy buildings, or more?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I'd just mention that Drug Use is one of the matters specifically discussed in the Site Policies as being off limits.

We are given a bit more a free range, but even so...

7. - Top - End - #547

It's like the FFRP version of that Sci-Fi movie Faculty. Y'know, the one where druggies save the day?

Yeah, that one.

8. - Top - End - #548

Its molded after the ancient Chinese Alchemists. So, the short answer is. Yes. There was a distinction most drugs were saved for off hours from lab work and for recreation as well.

Dosn't change the fact that, yes, the Kido Corp uses drugs to expand their mind to work on spells and theory. While this is obviously dangerous, its not so outside of reality thats its not believable. Considering the source its drawn from birthed modern science...

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Also, I'd just mention that Drug Use is one of the matters specifically discussed in the Site Policies as being off limits.

We are given a bit more a free range, but even so...
    The rules state we can't discuss them in the terms of the real world. Your allowed to do it in games so long as the discussion of such things dosn't make its way into OOC conversations. Which, unless someone outside of myself brings it up and presses the issue. It won't.

Edit: And no one said anything when the drug use and drinking was involved with the Gotei 13...so...what makes it such a big issue now Tachy?
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-24 at 04:33 PM.
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Because I wasn't paying attention? I have a lot going on Innis. Sometimes I miss things. I thought it was just drinking, which is allowed under the board rules.

---

The following topics are always off-limits on these forums, no matter what (hence, Inappropriate Topics). Any posts including these topics will be edited, and any threads started to discuss these topics will be locked. Please note that, as specifically stated below, these topics remain off-limits even where they intersect with gaming or other activities discussed on these forums, and that putting an alert for “Adult” or “Mature” content on the thread does not allow circumvention of this rule.
    •Real-world religions (including religious reactions to gaming)
    •Real-world politics (including political reactions to gaming)
    •Graphic violence
    •Illegal drugs
    •Criminal activity
    •Explicit sexuality
    There is no statement that games are exempt from these restrictions, and I know the one mentioning explicit sexuality has been enforced against roleplaying threads. As said, we are given more of a free range, but I don't think we have infinite play.

10. - Top - End - #550

To avoid this being drug into an argument, its been removed.
    My Current Works

11. - Top - End - #551

I was thinking that the drugs were gonna be used like what happened in Faculty.

"This white injectable powder is like a cure to the aliens!"

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Just because you skated under the rules before doesn't mean we should rely on it happening every time Innis.

And while the Drugs aren't named, you identify them as Recreational. Saying that you have to take them out or not isn't really my place. That is for the Central 46 and you to decide. It doesn't bother me one way or another, except for the fact that I don't want to see a thread getting locked.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

...Yeah, vague references to "Chinese Alchemist" doesn't really help.

Considering the addictive and long-term detrimental effects of most any drug used in quantity (with the quantity admittedly varying from person to person and drug to drug), it's just really bizarre that a Division would actively encourage the use of such substances. Especially when they're the Division that relies on brainpower just as much as 12th. Fried brain cells don't really help kido research. At all.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #554

Its been removed. Problem solved KD
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Especially when they're the Division that relies on brainpower just as much as 12th. Fried brain cells don't really help kido research. At all.
    Wouldn't this be contingent upon how kido is researched or discovered? I mean sure, if you look at it as another form of science where it takes long hours of research with complex formulas to research or refine kido, then yeah it seems right.

...But if it's a result of more meditative and mystical methods then brain cells could very well never come into it. Which is what it seems like Innis was aiming for. Less wizard more sage/holy man. This is all moot, he removed it, but I felt this bore saying.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #556

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Wouldn't this be contingent upon how kido is researched or discovered? I mean sure, if you look at it as another form of science where it takes long hours of research with complex formulas to research or refine kido, then yeah it seems right.

...But if it's a result of more meditative and mystical methods then brain cells could very well never come into it. Which is what it seems like Innis was aiming for. Less wizard more sage/holy man. This is all moot, he removed it, but I felt this bore saying.
    And then, if you look how most major scientific ideas were founded, such as DNA, most of the people were on drugs. So, it kinda makes sense for them to at least dabble in them.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

Terry... you don't know what you are talking about.

Really.

18. - Top - End - #558

This is true. I shall stop talking, and using Wikipedia as a research site.

And listening to my crazy biology teacher.

19. - Top - End - #559

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

This is in fact the avenue I was trying to take the Kido Corp down. The Mage Guild is well explored. To death almost. I wanted to take another aspect of mysticism and magic and use it instead.

The art of Kido, as per this write up, is as much a philosophy and way of life as it is a "Science". Its about balance within yourself, and the world around you. I figured such things could be RP'd but if I need, I'll elaborate more in the write up itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Terry... you don't know what you are talking about.

Really.
    Lets be a little more polite...no need to get heated over misinformation and legend.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-24 at 05:22 PM.
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #560

I must not become angry at misinformed people.
    Anger is the mindkiller.
    Anger is the little death that brings about total obliteration by annoying trolls.
    I will allow my anger to pass over me, and through me.
    And when my anger has run its course, I will turn my inner eye to see its true path.
    And where my anger has gone, there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

tongue Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Where did you find that awful mutilation of Dune, Terry?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yes, small nitpick. Reiryoku. Not reiatsu.

Reiryoku = Spiritual Power. This is your <mana, ki, whatever>

Reiatsu = Spiritual Pressure. This is your battle aura.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #563

I made it up in about fifteen seconds.

Probably why the first line sucks so bad. >>

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

I laughed.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-04-24 at 05:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #564

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

Ah, thanks. Doing a WoW raid so not a whole lot of time to fact check
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Ah, thanks. Doing a WoW raid so not a whole lot of time to fact check
    *sneaks behind Innis, puts on fake accent*

LEEEEROOOOOY....

26. - Top - End - #566
    Halfling in the Playground

Oh my god!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    *sneaks behind Innis, puts on fake accent*

LEEEEROOOOOY....
    I prefer "Did he drop any good loot?"

28. - Top - End - #568

"Man Leeroy, you are just stupid."

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

By the way, some of the bits of the wiki need editing- the main page, for one.

Also, can I suggest that someone does a write-up of the school?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #570

You can always bug Innis till he does it.