New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    By the way, some of the bits of the wiki need editing- the main page, for one.

Also, can I suggest that someone does a write-up of the school?
    Are you volunteering?

I mean, I figure the school can be pretty generic, beyond the PCs that are there.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "Man Leeroy, you are just stupid."
    At least I have chicken.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Are you volunteering?

I mean, I figure the school can be pretty generic, beyond the PCs that are there.
    Write up finished.

School

The place that is ignored.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Are you volunteering?

Good point. On that other hand, we could have adventure hooks...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Write up finished.

School

The place that is ignored.

There's "simplistic" and there's "now we're trying too hard to be clever".

That leans a bit too strongly to the second.

Horngeek has a point, we need something. Especially since the school is run by the Queen of Hollows.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Halfling in the Playground

Sitcom material. That is all, folks.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Good point. On that other hand, we could have adventure hooks...
    The first thing I think of is this.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

School is a more colective place. It is also a common japanese school (full of spiritualy empowered people), so it probably just follows the normal architetonical style of the area. Kasanip is the best to give an outline of how those look.

Students and School staff don't have a lot to describe, Everything should be pretty normal.

Edit: Mind you, Reene is evil but making the place obviously evil is just plain dumb. It is a normal school. At worst, one of the walls of her office might look strange.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-24 at 06:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #579
    Firbolg in the Playground

You can always bug Innis till he does it.
    Oh hey. How about no!

I don't have any mortal characters (yet) so its not my place to decide to begin with. And as Draken said, Kasa knows way better then us. I've also been out of the American school system for...6 years. So...not really a place I understand either.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Edit: Mind you, Reene is evil but making the place obviously evil is just plain dumb. It is a normal school. At worst, one of the walls of her office might look strange.
    "Well, I considered the whole, agonizing faces on the wall, organs tossed about, nightmarish decor set, but that is just so gauche."

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so I've decided that having Kina be a 17-year-old transfer student is better for character interaction and background, as her reason for transfer can be easily explained by backstory: Her grandfather died, so she has to move to a relative's home (probably an aunt or uncle) because she can't support herself in her grandfather's old home.

The home is just a "Quincy Dojo" now. It's just a training ground for Quincies, "publicly owned" by the Yoshimoto family.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-24 at 08:04 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

12. - Top - End - #582
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Krazz, listed Kuroda Ryo under 13th in the registry. If you decide on a better division, badger me and I'll change it.
    Nope, its fine by me so thanks

Also, on the subject of drugs (even though the topic already sort of closed): As long as Innis didn't use any real-world illegal drugs, it shouldn't really matter because the only rule that would ever keep us from discussing drugs is if they're illegal.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I think it would fall under a similar ruling to when you have, say, the Norse Pantheon in a game universe- if it's kept IC, it's okay. If you start actually discussing real-world drugs OOC, that's not okay.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #584

Revised and updated Kido Corp. Hopefully this clears some confusion at the over all direction I'd like to take it.

The Kido Corp

Current Commander: Kitano Takeshi
    Symbol: The Symbol of the Kido Corp is a single opened eye.
    Motto: With Art, all things are possible.

Structure

The Kido Corp is structured similarly to the Gotei 13, with a Commander who over sees the direction of the Corp as a whole, a Vice Commander who over sees the everyday hustle and bustle of the Corp itself, and seated officers who interact more in the way of Captains in the Gotei, despite the wide gulf in relative power. The Vice Commander is not technically the 2nd Seat, holding a position quite unlike their contemporaries of the Gotei 13. The other “Division’s” outside the core make up of the Corp are known as Cells.

Seated members oversee 20 man teams, broken up into eight squads. This means that there are eight seated members of the Kido Corp and despite the number; each seated officer holds the same position, rights and privileges as their peers. Unlike the Gotei 13, the Kido Corp is not divided into “Seats” but instead titles those lower then broken up into Senior members and Junior members. Senior members cannot exceed half within the number of a Unit. Senior members are allowed full access to the libraries and labs of the Kido Corp, while Junior Members are limited to funds and access to some of the more sensitive or powerful scrolls and tomes. All counted, the main body of the Kido Corp numbers roughly around 170 members.

The first Cell exists for those members who wish simply to study and catalog the work of the Kido Corp as a whole. This Unit is made up of previous Junior Members. Refered to as Librarian’s, these Shinigami are the sole scribes of the collected Kido Corp History. The second largest Cell, the Librarian’s number roughly sixty men and woman all told.

The Defense of the Kido Corp Grounds falls to the Golden Topiary, large animated tree’s tended by specially trained kido practitioners referred to as Grounds Keepers. The number of said Grounds Keepers vary between 10 to 20 depending on the season, those in reserves are allowed to float between the other structured Cells as they see fit. The Grounds Keepers answer only to the Kido Commander and Vice Commander, sharing a spot equal to the

The Final Cell is known as the Jar Carriers, who oversee the reagents, spices, powders, drugs and sake of the Kido Corp along with their food stores and ledgers. The Jar Carries number at fifty men and woman, and hold a similar position as Senior members of the Core Units.

All told, the Kido Corp boasts an impressive 300 members.

History

One of the oldest foundations of Soul Society and the Shinigami, the Kido Corp has gone through many changes, transforming and evolving over its long history depending on the hand that guides it. The overall layout of the Kido Corp grounds can attest to this, a mish mash of cultural façade’s, winding streets that lead to massive building walls and a constant stack of new buildings upon the old. While much of the politics of the Corp are shrouded in mazes and red tape, official records state there have been four previous Kido Commanders, the last a woman by the name of Chen Shengdi. Rumors abound as to her disappearance, attributing her death to either old age or an assassination from within the Kido Corp itself.

The truth, as often is the case, is stranger than fiction. With the promotion of her Vice Commander Takeshi, Chen Shengdi placed herself in a drug induced coma, meditating in the deepest bowels of the Kido Corp Grounds in hopes to unlock the secrets of the Demon Arts. She is protected by multiple layers of kido spells, summoned demons and construct’s and roving bands of animal hollows. Takeshi is the only member of the Kido Corp to know of her true fate, and has actively taken steps to lie on every occasion, sometimes not even the same lie, while in the cups.

The Division itself has long held special rituals and practices uncommon or completely unknown of in the Gotei 13, though such practices today are held mostly for ceremonial purposes and official affairs.

Duties

The Kido Corp is trusted with the study, documentation and history of the Demon Arts for the betterment of Soul Society. Unlike the Gotei 13, the entire Corp has men and woman tasked with maintaining the Kido Corp grounds, relaying messages within the Kido Corp itself and overseeing to the defense of the Corp grounds.

Research, Study and Practice: The Kido Corp of Today

While it has been mentioned the early Kido Corp was one entrenched in mysticism and spiritual practices, the Kido Corp of today blends the ancient methods of Kido Research with a more modern approach to science and philosophy.

The labs and work places of the Kido Corp are known as Hōrai, a special set of buildings and bunkers sitting at the center of the Kido Corp Grounds. The Hōrai is widely considered a sacred place, only members of the Kido Corp are ever allowed to enter or leave. Those attempting to break in or steal from the Hōrai without express permission from the Kido Commander are subject to incarceration or harsher punishments. The Hōrai itself is protected under multiple layers of heavy walls infused and runed with powerful Kido, many of such spells having been lost or deemed “forbidden” for use by Soul Society as a whole. These spells protect the Hōrai from external attack, wear and tear and general destruction as well as anything that might result in wide scale damage from inside the Hōrai itself. The Kido Commander’s personal housing rests somewhere within the Hōrai, as well as the apartments for the Vice Commander. These locations are kept confidential save for those who hold office. Alongside the laboratories, testing facilities and offices of the Hōrai, shrines, places of meditation and contemplation and powerful man made garden’s dominate the Hōrai. The Hōrai stretchs deep underground, the deepest regions reserved for the Kido Commander himself and the Seated Officers. These special rooms house powerful and ancient tomes and ledgers, along with various forbidden kido, making the special area as much a prison and containment area as it is a place of study and inner reflection.

Outside the Hōrai lays the rest of the Kido Corp Grounds, which is made up of numerous libraries, restaurants, leisure rooms and housing for the Cells and Units that make up the Kido Corp. These apartment complex’s, known as Dongtian are all on the outskirts of the Hōrai, keeping the larger living population relatively safe should anything go awry. There are ten Dongtian, eight for the eight Units of the Kido Corp, and two others for the rest of the Cells. The eight Dongtian of the Kido Corp Units are collectivly known as the Heavenly Dongtian, while the other two are referred to as the Earthy Dongtian. These complex’s are comprised of individual housing arrangements, sitting rooms, personal studies and kitchens for all occupants. The eight Heavenly Dongtian are over seen by their seated officer, while the Earthly Dongtian are overseen by the entirety of the Seated Officers, who split general duties between two groups of four. Alongside the apartments and day to day facilities of the Kido Corp, seven massive shrines stand in open opposition to the continued reinventing image of the Kido Corp’s buildings. Each one is a sprawling open aired garden with a single pagoda, where members of the Corp are brought to every morning for ritual’s and cleansing before they are sent about their work. While not mandatory most occasions, all members of the Kido Corp are required to attend special functions at their designated Shrine.

Kido, Philosophy and how it interacts with the Corp.

Kido, the art of using Reiryoku to fundamentally bring about desired effects is as much magic as could be described in the world. The division into Hado and Bakudo are in fact only two separate distinct paths of the Kido Method of Waidan, or Outer Kido. Aside from the study of how kido interacts with the outside world, the Kido Corp also monitors and attempts to research the effects of Kido on the spiritual being of a person, termed Neidan. These two studies are a balance, requiring the most skillful of practitioner in the Kido Corp to regulate the power, direction and energy of a spell through proper incantation, hand movements and release. This is a study that is said to take three lifetimes, no Shinigami alive today having preformed the “perfect kido”.

The goal of the perfect kido, and the present science around attaining it was first laid down by Tsau Tao Ling, a classical contemporary holding the first formal Kido Corp Commander’s mantel. Tsau proposed that not only was the Demon Arts a path of enlightened science, but that through its study, the Shinigami could grow more attuned with him or herself, and thus reincarnate to a separate plane outside that of the Mortal World. While today, this concept is widely considered utter nonsense, the idea of perfected kido continues to dominate the science and occult rituals that make up the current Kido Corp. The spiritual aspect of such study continues on through prayers, incantations and poetry during particular times of the day.

Waiden: The Path of Outer Kido

The Path of Outer Kido is separated into four distinct categories, two based on the Yin principle and two based on the Yang Principle. These four arts make up the foundation of Kido as far as the Kido Corp are concerned, kido spells that do not fit into any one category as simply referred to as De. The perfect kido is referred to as Wuji or “The Ultimate” or “The Infinite” while all other Kido are known under the term Taiji, or “The Boundless”.

Bakudō (Yin): The art of binding and defensive Kido. Bakudō also covers barrier magic, separating it from canon Bleach in such spells are not classified under any particular type of kido.

Qi (Yin): The art of closing wounds and mending the world around you. Qi is widely studied outside of the Kido Corp by the 4th Division, referred to as the Healing Arts.

Hadō (Yang): The art of destructive power. Hadō is further split into the five classical Chinese elements, known as Wu Xing depending on the spell. Hadō spells also cover any Kido that transforms the body, though these kido are rare and often times banned under Kido Corp laws.

Wu Wei (Yang): The art of action, these kido spells are categorized for their use in and out of combat to expedite or tactically aid a Shinigami. This includes teleportation, communication, or long distance viewing.

Neidan:The Path of Inner Kido

The Path of Inner Kido, Neidan is a spiritual and personal study as well as a over laying philosophical belief of how Kido interacts with the world and the physical self as well as the spiritual self. It is broken up into three separate tenets.

Reiryoku: The spiritual energy found within all things. The first fundamental essence of Kido, Reiryoku is thought by the Kido Corp to make up the two parts fundamental in the art of Kido. One must balance their Reiryoku with their Reiatsu if they seek to perfect their methods.

Reiatsu: The power of intent and level of one’s life force. When balanced with one’s Reiryoku, powerful magic’s can be wrought.

Shen: The Self, both spiritually and physically. Shen is the embodiment of the spiritual being, the vessel for both Reiryoku and Reiatsu and the path in which a balanced unity can be achived. Shen is further divided into sections of both the spiritual and physical body. These divisions are as follows.

Shen: The Spirit King of the Heart-The awareness of oneself in the world, and its impact on all things. The element associated with Shen is fire.

Zhi: The Act and Path of Will- The ability and drive to succeed in both spiritual practice and emotional betterment. Zhi’s element is water

Yi: The Intellect of Firmament- The formation of intentions both good and misdirected. Yi’s element is Earth, and when out of balance leads to rash decisions and mismanagement of one’s life.

Po: The physical body, the opposite of Hun, its element is metal.

Hun: The Spiritual Presence, its element is wood. This part of the body is what transferred once the physical body has passed on. Known as a spirit by many, the Kido Corp’s classification remains entrenched in the spiritual and mystical practices of their long lasting organization.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-24 at 08:28 PM.
    My Current Works

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

@tvga:

Say it is a Dojo. No confusions shall be had.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    @tvga:

Say it is a Dojo. No confusions shall be had.
    It has been edited.

I love avoiding confusion.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey, have we decided whther to have 3 or 5 members for the Central 46 yet?
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

18. - Top - End - #588

I know its alot of writing, but as I asked with my Captain/Commander what have you, some review of the written Kido Corp would be nice, as I took a great deal of time writing it and researching for it.
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Two things I'm in need of clarification.

1.)Numbers and division of duties.

At one point you say the Kido Corps has 170 members. Then you say they have 300. What's the actual number?

Or...wait. Yeah, I'm still kind of confused.

2.)You mention "rituals and cleansing", and a small number of mandatory "functions". What's involved in these? I ask because of my Kido Corps character. I kind of need an idea of what members are required to do and all that.

20. - Top - End - #590

The Kido Corp has 300 members. 170 are actually members of combat functioning groups, while the other 130 are more mundane things like general research, defense and things like that. Think of it like the Kido Corp has 2 Divisions. Division 1 is the "Combat Division" while Division 2 is "Everything else"

I'll add it to the write up, but "duties" are general ones, cleaning the Dongtian, helping with research. Cleaning is over all the random ritual's which elaboration might skirt forum rules so we're going to keep them vauge, which we're allowed to do
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Then PM it to me. I kind of need to know what my character would be required to do as a member of the Kido Corps as a whole.

Ok. So for the "Combat Division", do they only deploy in major combat, or would members go on patrols?

22. - Top - End - #592

That would depend on Soul Society. They would probably do so in combat situations, but even in canon we don't actually see any Kido Corp members during the attack on Soul Society, so chances are, they come out when there is need for massive heavy artilary.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

You know, we've only really seen the Kido Corp once in actual Bleach, and that's when Tessai shows up on the night of the Hollowfication and that entire plotline. Besides that, they've never appeared, so we know nothing about them.

24. - Top - End - #594

Well, I did spend several hours working on making them up purely on whole cloth with some liberal dabbings of mecury.

But, my point was, we didn't seem the assembled when the Gotei was on war status. I myself find that as rather -odd- considering they are a part of Soul Society.
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you. It's probable that this means that they're either not really part of the Gotei 13 as I assume the Commander-General would have ordered them to assist in Fake Karakura, or that they don't have anyone powerful enough to assist (I.E., no one of Lt. or higher equivalent strength) and the Commander-General didn't want to just get Kido Corp members killed for no reason.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It's definitely a bit of a blank slate.

Also, again, if you wish to keep the "rituals", especially the required ones, vague in the thread, I ask as a potential Kido Corps member, that you at least PM them to me.

I'd also put out there that we should more specifically consider who all goes on patrols in the Mortal World. Just the 13th? Do they ask for help from other Divisions at times? Something to consider.

Edit: Also, we really don't see much of anything on any Division, beyond 2nd, 11th, and 12th, and to a lesser degree 13th. The others are just kind of...there.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-04-24 at 09:17 PM.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

You forgot the 4th, we do see some of them. But yes, we don't really see them. But we see even less of the Kido Corp. In fact, I'm not even sure we were told of their existence in canon until Tessai shows up.

28. - Top - End - #598

Well, we know their not part of the Gotei. They are part of Soul Society. It seems their seperate in so far like the Ninja group (Can't be arsed to look up the name at the moment), used to be.

Edit: I'm working on them KD. You'll get them, take a deep breath.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-24 at 09:20 PM.
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #599
    Halfling in the Playground

Okay, question regarding captain candidates. When it actually comes down to selecting captains for the squads, how is it going to be handled?
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

I will recomend that we use our elected representants of the Central 5 46 to indirectly select captains, commander generals kido commanders and whatever you call the leader of the Omnitsukido whenever they are needed.

Vice-captains should be their captains choice, I presume.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-24 at 09:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing