New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Callos has Agent 03 already.

Also, the above. When you said "living vizard" I thought you meant, y'know, as Valeria. A human with a Hollow Mask. I'm going to have to object as of now. I don't really care about the name, but I am just warning you. One of my characters from last game was named Nukari, and he did... well. Some very disgustingly evil and wrong things.
    Changed it to Mikami. And unless my character appears to be an expy from Death Note, I think I'll be fine.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm ok with his "corny" number of victims so long as he has the equally corny goal of righting 665 wrongs to seek redemption.

3. - Top - End - #753

But NC, according to CANON he wouldn't be allowed to go to the Soul Society if he killed that many people.

It's also slighty ridiculous.

EDIT: Is Nero Abel Noah Bennet? If so, I love S.W.O.R.D a lot more.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-04-25 at 04:55 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

I recall there were at least two Quincy histories, at least one by Innis. But we never decided which was true, nor did we reach a conclusion about what happens to souls they pin cushion... I think.

Also, my opinion is that Hollowfication is determined by how badly a person is hung up on the past and how long they've gone without purification, with no regard whatsoever on how good they were in life. I don't see what the problem is with Konso sending sinful souls to their deserved destination.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Nah, but he is fairly alike to Noah Bennet.

This is his entry from last game. Underneath all of his gadgets, he is still a normal (if spiritually aware) human in a supernatural world. He cares deeply for Val and his wife, and among minor traits, he is a bit older guy with glasses. So, yeah.

He's somewhere between HRG and James Bond.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-04-25 at 05:04 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose sinful souls would explain why prisons in Soul Society even exist. Lots of undeserving people go to the afterlife, I'd imagine.

Well, I don't know who's playing Quincy characters right now, but I think those people should probably let me know what their opinion is on the subject of "soul demolition arrows" is. And probably everyone else, too. Probably do a bold-vote system? We never definitively decided, I don't think.

I'd totally be willing to work with anyone in making the "official Quincy History" for this game. I was under the impression that Innis was considering not playing any Quincies this time, so while his output would be greatly appreciated, I'm not sure how much right he would have defining the Quincies in this particular game.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-25 at 05:03 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

Oh look, I found a quote from Bleach Wiki:

Soul Burial (魂葬, konsō): the process by which a Shinigami sends wandering Pluses (souls) in the living world and send them to their respective place. Either Soul Society if they are good in life, or to Hell if their life was full of evil acts (such as murders, theft, etc). Soul Burial is performed by using the hilt of the Shinigami's Zanpakutō, tapping the soul on the head and transporting them to the afterlife.
    That clears things up nicely.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Well, I don't know who's playing Quincy characters right now, but I think those people should probably let me know what their opinion is on the subject of "soul demolition arrows" is. And probably everyone else, too. Probably do a bold-vote system? We never definitively decided, I don't think.
    I thought we decided for it to be unknown?

9. - Top - End - #759

I just realized that, technically, Aura could be the one who convinces Michiko to kidnap the girl whose name I forgot. Seeing as Aura's connected with the Yakuza.

Also, I decided to make Kaz an orphan. Would Strawberry mind if he lived in the Vi's shop? He could do chores and stuff.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2010-04-25 at 05:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    I thought we decided for it to be unknown?
    I didn't know whether everyone was on board for that or not. I'm perfectly fine with whatever the entire community agrees on, to be honest, but I figured we should officially decide it rather than just push it under the rug.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I didn't know whether everyone was on board for that or not. I'm perfectly fine with whatever the entire community agrees on, to be honest, but I figured we should officially decide it rather than just push it under the rug.
    I don't see how that's pushing it under the rug. There was talk about how Soul Society believes that Quincy arrows destroy souls and the Quincy believe they don't. That's not the same as ignoring the issue.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-25 at 05:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see how that's pushing it under the rug. There was talk about how Soul Society believes that Quincy arrows destroy souls and the Quincy believe they don't. That's not the same as ignoring the issue.
    I'm not saying it was pushing it under the rug, I'm saying I don't remember us ever coming to a solid conclusion about anything relating to it, we just mentioned some stuff and didn't come back to it.

Edit: Okay, maybe I was saying it was pushing it under the rug. Which it sort of was, as we didn't come to a solid conclusion on it if I remember correctly. But I didn't mean it as a totally negative connotation.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-25 at 05:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

Why are you guys quoting each other when nobody else has posted? OO

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Why are you guys quoting each other when nobody else has posted? OO
    So the context stays even if someone manages to ninja you in the interim. Even with preview button, it's a safety measure that can save you from extra work.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

But NC, according to CANON he wouldn't be allowed to go to the Soul Society if he killed that many people.
    Yeah, I know, hence the .
    Oh yes Prime because god knows all we need are evil sociopaths running around Soul Society!

Oh wait, we have the Eleventh Division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    You mean being anyone in the 11th division with a Nodachi.

Also, he doesn't have freaky hair!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    The curious detail is that following the logic of Hell's existence, Rukongai 80 is practically an empty lot and Kenpachi never really existed.
    This line of thought kind of annoys me. Characters can like fighting without being evil. Blood knights in a way can be practically exempt from the regular concept of morality depending on their motivations. If someone runs around fighting people regardless of who they are purely for the enjoyment of the challenge or the act of clashing swords itself they aren't really evil or good. In D&D they'd be true or chaotic neutral. They're more like forces of nature than people. You could say they're evil for committing evil/negative acts but they aren't intentionally trying to do evil unless it's stated they are. I also don't really see how Kenpachi is so bad. We know he's killed a lot of people but the vast majority were thugs/criminals/scummiest of the scum since he grew up in one of the worst lawless areas of Soul Society. Many probably tried to kill him first. We also see some 11th members that are decent people in canon. Renji spent time in the 11th division and he's clearly a bro. Ikkaku is one of his best buddies and he seems like a nice guy. Oooh, he likes fighting. So? He mentors Renji and is friends with Yumichika. Yumichika is vain and seems to care more about his looks than fighting. Kenpachi was willing to leave Ichigo alive when he fought him but Ichigo insisted they continue to fight. He fought Ikkaku and spared his life when he could've finished him off. He specifically says he doesn't like fighting weaklings so he doesn't get off on making others suffer. There's also the 11th division guy that tries to take Orihime to safety after she saves his life. He just seemed like a boring average guy.

I feel tempted to make an attempt at an 11th division captain since I had thought about doing so before and I'd like to portray the group in a decent light but I probably won't. I'm also dropping my espada candidate since I'm sure someone will eventually want the position when there's enough interested people to fill all the slots and then some. I don't particularly feel enthused by it and like the idea of writing only 1 character.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-25 at 05:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Terry. Your character can't create an aritificial Espada.

I will take it that you mean Artificial Arrancar. Which is also right out.

But you can't make an artificial Espada. Because an Espada is not a type of creature. Espada is a title awarded to the mightiest arrancar of Las Noches.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

On Quincy arrows: even if no one else knows, we need to work it out. Because if one of my characters dies, I tend to write a short blurb in the mortal world/soul society about them moving on. I don't want to be caught up by someone yelling at me OOC because to them 'REINCARNATION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY' when in our universe, there's no reason to believe it might not work that way.

Also, Seretei's impression of what the arrows does is important. If they think the arrows destroy souls, then why the hell are any Quincy still around? If not, then why the hell was there a war in the first place?
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-25 at 05:45 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

Hollow History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One time, her Mad Scientist father managed to create an artificial Espada. The Espada was then decided to be too powerful, and her father fused it into her, giving her access to her Vizard mask, and to a Zanpakuto.
    ...I'm also more than a little concerned about this. S.W.O.R.D. agents are meant to be mid-seated at best, for the top 9 agents. This is not really how Hollowfication works, either. I'd appreciate if you talked these things over with me in PM so I can explain things fully. That said, one, I assume that the zanpaktou bit is a mistake you forgot. Again, Living Vizards only have a mask.

And if this "Espada" is even Fraccion-level, I'm going to have to shoot it down, there, too. Hell, if it's even Numeros-level. SWORD is not quite at that level yet. I'm inclined to not even allow Living Vizards with Resurreccion straight off.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-04-25 at 05:45 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

@horngeek: Thus why I brought it up again so we can vote on it and make it official rather than the confusion that exists right now.

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    ...I'm also more than a little concerned about this. S.W.O.R.D. agents are meant to be mid-seated at best, for the top 9 agents. This is not really how Hollowfication works, either. I'd appreciate if you talked these things over with me in PM so I can explain things fully. That said, one, I assume that the zanpaktou bit is a mistake you forgot. Again, Living Vizards only have a mask.

And if this "Espada" is even Fraccion-level, I'm going to have to shoot it down, there, too. Hell, if it's even Numeros-level. SWORD is not quite at that level yet. I'm inclined to not even allow Living Vizards with Resurreccion straight off.
    That was just mad science way. It's just mask, no Resurreccion, nothing else. I'm rather confused why everybody else seems to think that Aura's a full-grade Espada. She's just got a mask. OO

Time to go research Hollowification! TO THE INTERNET!

21. - Top - End - #771
    Orc in the Playground

...Or you could ask me in PM. Like I requested you.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

And anyway: my opinion has already been stated: if there was a war, they should destroy souls. If not, they shouldn't. Anything else does give an air of incompetence to Seretei, even if it's purely an OOC one, in my opinion.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

That was just mad science way. It's just mask, no Resurreccion, nothing else. I'm rather confused why everybody else seems to think that Aura's a full-grade Espada. She's just got a mask. OO

We think she's a full-grade Espada because you referred to the hollow that was supposedly fused with her as an Espada. Consequently, we assume that she has access to the powers of an Espada. If this is not your meaning, please clarify.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    And anyway: my opinion has already been stated: if there was a war, they should destroy souls. If not, they shouldn't. Anything else does give an air of incompetence to Seretei, even if it's purely an OOC one, in my opinion.
    Who said that had to be the real reason for the war?

The public reason which most shinigami believe was "they destroy souls", but Soul Society never actually had any proof of that and the real reason was something else.

On Quincy arrows: even if no one else knows, we need to work it out. Because if one of my characters dies, I tend to write a short blurb in the mortal world/soul society about them moving on. I don't want to be caught up by someone yelling at me OOC because to them 'REINCARNATION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY' when in our universe, there's no reason to believe it might not work that way.
    I was pretty sure that there's no reincarnation in Bleach - when you die for the second time you disintegrate into reishi. Some of this reishi condenses into new souls, but the mix is entirely different.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-25 at 05:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

I say there was a War, quincy do destroy souls and they still exist because they aren't insane, hate-blinded, militant, zealots who don't hear the voice of reason anymore. And aren't a huge army either.

I would say that the problem isn't "quincy destroy souls". The problem is, "a crapton of quincy on a crusade against every hollow in the face of the earth, using hollow bait (a quincy creation) to bring the things out to be obliterated in the tens of thousands".

Individual families that develop their abilities and use them to defend themselves and those they know from incidental hollow attacks? Sure, not much of a problem. Less of a soul-sink than the menos devouring their own kind, all things said.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ettin in the Playground

About blood knights: for difference between evil and non-evil Blood Knight, look no further than Nnoitra and Zaraki. When Nnoitra asked Zaraki why he didn't finish him off, he answered "I'm not obliged to kill someone who can't fight anymore". Nnoitra, on the other hand, would've killed everyone because he didn't want their pity.

Blood Knights are rarely good, but if simply enjoyment of battle is enough to qualify for eternal torment, OMG I'm so going down!

Also, just realized how much Kenpachi's silhouette looks like this guy, who inspired Orcos / Hannibal.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Who said that had to be the real reason for the war?

The public reason which most shinigami believe was "they destroy souls", but Soul Society never actually had any proof of that and the real reason was something else.
    Which instead, makes them look like villains. Yeah, I really prefer that.

Draken's idea, maybe, but with the addition of teaching Quincy the 'purification arrows' technique from the last game. That's what I would push for if there was a war. If there wasn't, then they don't destroy souls.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

Name: Amagatsu Kazuma (pre-mortem: Seizan Kouichi), 11th squad Resident Broody Hardworker
    Age: What does it mean when you don't celebrate birthdays?
    Height: 1,89m
    Weight: 70 KG
    Reiatsu: Blood red
    Rank: Somewhere about 8th position, likely. Stronger than average, not so much to have an actual named post.

Appearance: Kazuma is a tallish guy who looks to be in his early twenties at best. He has dark purple eyes and dark red hair with a twin streak of green flowing down each side of his forehead and framing his face. His face seems to be perpetually turned into a frown, or at least, a neutral expression. His attire is regular for a Shinigami, with the notable lack of anything reminding a mark of rank and a pair of round, black sunglasses on his face, a small pipe occasionally dangling from his lips. He is often seen popping pills, believed by many to be painkillers. Or candy.

In battle, Kazuma tends to shed the upper part of his Shinigami robes, displaying a body for the most part free of noticeable scars. The more he gets into it, the more his mask of uncaring fades, to the point he seems to genuinely enjoy himself. Weak opponents tend to not get that far. Strong enough opponents get to see him take his shades off.

History: In life, Kazuma had been an extremely successful heart surgeon by the name of Seizan Kouichi. He had everything - the talent, the money, the loving family. His ability was unprecedented, beginning with his very first patient - his teacher, who entrusted no one with his life but Kouichi, fresh out from residency. In all 25 years of his career, he never lost a single patient on the operating table.

When he did, he couldn't stand the shock. Going into depression, he took up drinking. The poor doctor never recovered, losing family, friends and co-workers, then his house, until he finally died alone and in pain. His spirit, being full of regrets, took up to haunting the hospital he used to work in. This eventually led a Shinigami to him, and he was sent to Soul Society before he became a Hollow.

The catch is, he was a completely different individual when he got there. He had no memories of his previous life, and not even his appearance. He was just a young boy, whom everybody called Amagatsu Kazuma. He had no one to care for him, unfortunately. It wasn't long before the boy took to stealing. It was even less time before he had contact with the seedy side of Rukongai, initially as a victim that no one cared about. He was strong enough to survive, first by hiding. But he couldn't hide forever. He started actually defending himself. As violence begat more violence, and with no notion of right and wrong to begin with, "might makes right" started making each and every bit more sense, and he was sent further and further away from the center of Rukongai. That hunger, so uncharacteristic of the others around him, was no longer unheeded. He could very well remain in Rukongai until the time came that everyone feared respected him, but he knew that the second someone actually got him good, that respect would wane. So he did the one thing he could - he got into the Academy in an attempt to make Shinigami.
    He didn't fail any of his classes, being actually far more hardworking than his outward demeanor would suggest, but his violent upbringing forever scarred his view of life. Even further, he was seen as little more than a peasant who muscled his way in, not belonging to any major houses and not outshining his other class members.

Nonetheless, he was strong. REALLY strong. He didn't care about what others thought, only what he knew. He knew he had the makings to go anywhere he wanted, whenever he wanted. He just didn't feel like taking part in the ego competition that was ranking. He was content with anyone knowing just what he was capable of.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kazuma is an extreme realist. Hopes and dreams mean nothing. Would, shoulda, coulda. What matters is the moment. Do what you want to do, live with no regrets, answer to no one but yourself. If anyone has a problem with that he or she can go to hell. If that doesn't work, that someone can BEAT obedience out of you. If he or she can't? Tough break. His actions are very much dictated by his whims, and his interest in helping someone is quite dependent on whether he happens to like that someone for whatever reason. He reacts strangely to genuine, unfettered kindness, always initially considering them an attempt to get a favor out of him, and when proven wrong, unable to respond to it with anything but irritation. Nice people annoy him, truly, mostly because he doesn't understand their motivations. Strangely enough for him, he seems to get along just fine with doctors, though he figures they're just doing their jobs.
    Aside from smoking and eating more candy than is good for you (yes, that's candy) he has no other really bad habits. He likes to keep himself clean and preferrably smelling well (he tends to smoke only sweet herbs for that effect), but he's not a neat freak. He's not fond of authority he has no direct respect for. He tolerates (or rather ignores) criticism rather well. He's particularly hard-working when he does things and doesn't really tolerate half-assedness; his hobbies are training, Go and Shogi. Not that he's very good at the latter two, he enjoys the concept and mental workout most of all.

Zanpakutou:
    Spoiler
    Show

Release command: Tsunagare, Sazan'ou! (Imprison/bind, Chain of the Cruel King!)
    Unreleased Zanpakutou: White saya, black tsuba, red tsuka
    Inner World: Huge flower garden, bustling with life, with butterflies frolicking about.

It's only missing unicorns.

Zanpakutou Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doctor Seizan Kouichi, before the mistake that cost him everything - a man in his mid-fifties, dressed like a doctor, with a moustache not unlike that of Santa Claus, dressed like a doctor. He will occasionally receive what looks like a patient file, handed by an assistant who then promptly disappears. The assistant is different each time - each is, in fact, a part of the reiatsu of his saved patients, the gratitude that stood behind with him.

Shikai: The weapon turns into a kusari-gama with an exceptionally long chain. It has 108 links in total - each link turns into a different weapon, some of which come in pairs. At present, Kazuma can use about a tenth of those efficiently, ten links out of the 108. The striking end of each weapon is attracted by the opponent's reiatsu, which often causes them to cut deeper or strike harder than usual. The upside is that the more reiatsu the opponent pours out, the harder they'll strike; the downside is that the stronger the swing, the more difficult it is to control. Further, those who can hide their reiatsu find that the weapon only hits as hard as Kazuma himself can (which, while considerable, isn't as hard an impact as the weapon adds).

Bankai: Not yet considered.

General Abilities: Proficient with a somewhat wide range of weapons, and thus accustomed to the tactics employed with many of them. As a result of living in distrust of everything and everyone, has sharpened his senses to catch details that many would initially dismiss. Large reiatsu output, with a moderate amount of control (still poor by many manipulator's standards, however). Fairly strong for his frame despite the lack of obvious muscle. Quick on his feet, but by no means a speed demon.

Shunpo: Kazuma has trouble with Shunpo in that he's never quite gotten the hang of how to steer. He either has to stop in his tracks to change direction, or use the nearby scenery as a means to turn. For this reason, his use of Shunpo is limited to evasion and head-on charges.

Kidou: Feeling that imprisoning his opponents and limiting their combat capabilities isn't fair, Kazuma never really got more knowledge of Bakudou than absolutely required to pass his classes. Hadou, however, is Kazuma's favorite (and only) means of attack that doesn't involve his fists and Zanpakutou. Due to his relatively poor ability to control his Reiatsu, his Hadou tends to focus on massive, explosive blasts rather than pinpoint attacks. His inability to employ them without recitation makes them predictable, however.

Zanjutsu: Kazuma's foremost specialty. He tends to adjust his weapon to fit his enemy's tactics whenever he does draw his Zanpakutou, but prefers to go at it with a mix of straight-up martial arts and Hadou instead. Doesn't adhere to rules of engagement of most kinds unless he figures it'll add to the challenge. His favorite style when aiming for elegance is battoujutsu, a technique reliant on the sliding of the back of the blade against the sheath in order to produce additional momentum.

Hakuda: Kazuma is fairly efficient, hand-to-hand fighting-wise, though his style tends to make far more use of direct assault than throws or immobilizations and the occasional nerve pinch (the majority of his opponents being Hollows though, this last part hardly, if ever gets used). He isn't an expert in that he lacks variety (refer to the aforementioned lack of throws and immobilizations), but he's no one-trick pony.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-04-25 at 07:39 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Draken's idea, maybe, but with the addition of teaching Quincy the 'purification arrows' technique from the last game. That's what I would push for if there was a war. If there wasn't, then they don't destroy souls.
    As much as "soul demolition arrows" seem bad, I like them for the moral implications that it forces on some Quincies. Some don't care, but for those who are spiritual and do care about destroying the souls of people who were tied too long to the mortal world as pluses, it does create some amount of questioning. "Why do we fight?" has always been an interesting question to me.

I've always thought the war idea was unnecessary, but if we want it we can have it.

For now, we should just vote on one thing at a time, though. I think we can decide on the second one after. But I think the most important thing to vote on is the "soul demolition arrows" and whether we're yea or nay on them.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

I was pretty sure that there's no reincarnation in Bleach - when you die for the second time you disintegrate into reishi. Some of this reishi condenses into new souls, but the mix is entirely different.
    I'm fairly sure both reincarnation and turning into furniture reishi have been said to be what happens to Shinigami once they die, with Rukia talking about the former and Mayuri about the latter. It might have also been that spirit bodies turn to part of the landscape, while the mind/soul/WTF reincarnates again as a mortal.

Again, I advocate the idea that it's explicitly Quincy arrows that turn people into furniture reishi, and the war happened due to a misunderstanding on both sides: the Shinigami thought Quincy were Hollows, and vice versa, because the methods of the one make no sense for the other.