New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    The number is probably off. But I think we had at least enough captain possibilities to have one for each of the 13 court guards.

I am happy that they exist, I am happy to have them help define their squads. And I am happy to have PC's to give orders.

As I said. I am not complaining about them. I was simply asking if I needed to upgrade Nicks power level.
    We don't have enough Captains to fill every slot. Not really even close yet. Especially since the Central 46 need to vote on them at some point.

The short answer is: No, you don't. I'm not sure what gave you the impression you did need to up his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    See Also: Bleach the Manga/Anime.
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

In truth, the sense I am getting is that storywise, the Captains and such are minor characters. Sure, they are powerful. And they will do cool things. But they won't be main characters. People at the power level of the Mortal World Bunch will be the focus of the game. They will get the most screen time, they will get the storylines.

The more powerful the character is, the less they will get to do, and the less important and dramatic it will be. Hell, I could see Ude going the entire game without fighting.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

The number is probably off. But I think we had at least enough captain possibilities to have one for each of the 13 court guards.

I am happy that they exist, I am happy to have them help define their squads. And I am happy to have PC's to give orders.

As I said. I am not complaining about them. I was simply asking if I needed to upgrade Nicks power level.
    You do not.

And definitely don't look at the previous game to figure that out.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    In truth, the sense I am getting is that storywise, the Captains and such are minor characters. Sure, they are powerful. And they will do cool things. But they won't be main characters. People at the power level of the Mortal World Bunch will be the focus of the game. They will get the most screen time, they will get the storylines.

The more powerful the character is, the less they will get to do, and the less important and dramatic it will be. Hell, I could see Ude going the entire game without fighting.
    This is basically what I was looking to be told...I'm sorry that all of you felt the need to pile on and shout me down into submittion to get this through my head. (joke)!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets put it this way: I originally devised Sato Hachirou for the previous game. There, he was supposed to be a minor character, part of a minor plot and in the very low end of the power curve. I brought him over unchanged.

In this game? He's one of the strongest characters present in the Mortal World as far as I can see. I've even considered reducing his powers for that reason.

That's how big the difference between this game and the old game is, or that's what my misguided perceptions tell me.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

I had forgotten the power of friendship. Nico will use that.
    This made me lol for some reason.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

So we is all happy and friends again nao?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So we is all happy and friends again nao?
    I dunno, are we?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

cool Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I dunno, are we?
    *Steps on KDs toes* Yes, we are.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have a bit of a problem. I like to make characters. A lot. This is not bad in itself, but I am bad at thinking up original plots. That being said, could someone help me make a plot for my character, Higure? Or, alternately, maybe even preferably, could someone work him into their plot? This may be a lot to ask, but I'm really bad at this kind of thing.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Word of advice: if you can't think of a plot, don't. Some of the best roleplaying I've ever seen has risen from improvisation, no PMs or planning required.

When the game begins, just have your character be there and make him act according to his nature. Overthinking is a good way to kill creativity.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    I have a bit of a problem. I like to make characters. A lot. This is not bad in itself, but I am bad at thinking up original plots. That being said, could someone help me make a plot for my character, Higure? Or, alternately, maybe even preferably, could someone work him into their plot? This may be a lot to ask, but I'm really bad at this kind of thing.
    Higure is a mortal so he could easily be swept up in whatever mortal plots develop or meet a wide range of other mortals on a case by case basis despite not being a student. There are lots of options. He could always waltz along and conveniently encounter someone and start an unplanned plot from there. None of us really have planned out character specific plots.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Name: Iwamori Higure (Family name, Given name)...
    He likes swords and knifes, and owns several of each. Of course he's always carrying one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Aoki Yuudai (青木 雄大)....
    His current personal goal is to pass high-school and go on to college to meet girls. Growing a goatee wouldn't hurt either. Oh, and to own a motorcycle. Because they are what he calls "Badass" (incidentally up there with tattoos and swords.)...
    Abilities:None as of this moment, although sometimes he feels like he is being watched (the signs of early spirit recognition.) He does have a sword though.
    I see potential connections already.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-21 at 08:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... All right, thanks guys.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    This seems to be a major difference between Soshi Koan and Magi's character. Soshi Koan can in fact, somehow, appear to non-aware mortals.

@Magi-The offer Frozen made for your character to join Soshi isn't a bad one, and I extend it personally. I think it'd make for quite the interesting side for the Arrancar's appart from Las Noches.
    Hmm… I’ll take you up on that offer and power down Algo. I was going to fix the mortal thing, but I think it is fine as it is. Soshi is the best at deceiving humans (and actual impersonations), while Algo is the best at deceiving powerful spiritual beings (but can’t impersonate). Also, I think Algo is slower to get into and get out of a disguise. I guess this means he would be pretending to be a soul reaper, but if he was called on it…

Ooh, I have an idea! What if Algo had spent the last 10 years or so getting a low-level field position in the Gotai 13? One that seeks out studies seeks out spiritually aware humans and other strangeness in the world of the living? That would give the Arrancar Masters of Disguise™ a connection to both the Soul Society and the human group for plot goodness. This would also explain how Algo could be training to achieve his Segunda Etapa (pretending he is trying to achieve ‘Bankai’) and how he would get a gigai. He would disguise his hollow powers as a wind-related Shikai and just suck at hado, as he probably doesn’t want to fake something so complicated. Would that be okay?

New Algo (still far from complete.. I have projects I should be doing right now. Finals in two weeks and all.)

Spoiler
    Show

Current Name: Algo
    Height: 5"11
    Weight: 150
    Type: Arrancar
    Reiatsu: Greyscale (I.E. washed out rainbow)
    Aspect of Death: Confusion
    Ally: Soshi Koan, fellow Arrancar Master of Disguise™ <I love typing that.
    Applying for an unseated field position in the Gotai 13

His hollow hole is on his left foot, usually covered by a sock.
    To imagine his hollow mask, take a pair of sports goggles. Remove the left goggle, making it a sort of eyepatch. Cut the straps and weld the goggle around his left eye. Remove the glass. Instead of blinking, the goggle opens and closes with camera-like shutters. Each ‘blink’ results in his eye completely changing, although repeats are common. Note that the eye does not blink very often, maybe once every two minutes.
    <He has both personality and history. Neither have been typed out.>

Zanpakto: Algo se vacia (Something Empty)
    >Algo's Zanpakto consists of two identical Shortswords. They can be chaged by his Resurrección into any similiar objects (such as a pair of batons or small poles).

Spoiler
    Show
    Resurrección:
    Paseo una milla, Algo se vacia! (Walk a Mile, Something Empty!)

Algo’s Resurreccion is different from most in that it looks different each time he uses it. In fact, this is the power of the ability. Once chosen, the form cannot be changed unless he repeats the release. Algo can remain in this state almost indefinitely, but at the moment sealing his blade is very difficult and Algo cannot change his chosen form without moving to a different state. This form always looks similar to himself, but it can be any kind of creature (although creatures like animal spirits may not show much resemblance). Algo is not able to look like a specific person. While using this ability he can disguise his spiritual presence and abilities as those of the entity he is pretending to be. For example, his balas could take the form of wind and his presence could be that of a soul reaper (with a wind shikai). His true nature cannot be discerned. The most powerful detection techniques will only reveal something is off, not what that something is. Abilities that are specific to hollows ignore Algo while he is in this state.

The Segunda Etapa Algo does not currently posses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vista Hace, Algo se vacia! (Seeing is doing, Something Empty!)
    In this form Algo appears to… well, imagine a doppelganger from D&D. Add two eyes that are grey-yellow in color. Add a pac-man style lipless, toothy mouth that can only be seen while open – one that is far too long for his head. Make him about 6.5ft tall, thin and ghastly. His blades look more like long swords and his clothing is whatever he chooses it to be.

When Algo enters this form he chooses one ability he has seen in action but never used before as a “base ability”. Whenever an ability is used in his presence (while in this form) he can choose to replace his current base ability with the new one. Base abilities do not carry over from previous uses, and Algo cannot choose to regain an ability he has replaced unless that ability is used again in his presence.

Also, Algo can rearrange his current skills as he desires [not intelligence]. This takes about 2 seconds, leaving a window between changes. If he leaves this form his skills return to normal. For example, he could swap his speed with his strength. In addition, he can choose to replace any of his abilities with those of the individual whose ability is currently his base. He can even swap the changed abilities.

Basic Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Where does everyone get those chart things from? Seriously, I’d like to know.

Strength: 20
    Algo is not very strong.

Offense: 30
    Algo has an okay offense. He prefers to keep opponents off-gaurd.

Defense: 25
    Algo likes learning defensive moves, but has little combat experience against tough opponents.

Speed: 30
    Algo is fairly fast.

Reiatsu: 50
    Algo has a fairly strong spiritual presence.

Intelligence: ??
    Algo is fairly smart and quite cunning.
    <Magikeeper sees no need to give this a number>

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bala: Algo is loves to use Balas. His Balas are not unusually strong, nor can he fire and unusually large number of them. However, he can fire them from any part of his body capable of making a thrusting motion. His balas are also capable of slightly curving and even being different shape (rings, solid spheres, needles etc).

Cero: Algo’s Cero is very slow and thin but above average in strength. He fires it from his foot although he can fire a weaker one from his hand (but not both at once). He can perform purely physical actions while charging a Cero without losing it. <~10 second charging time>

Hierro: Algo’s Hierro is weaker than average, but this is not because he has not focused on it. Algo’s Hierro spins, making him very hard to grab and helps him dodge attacks. It can even slightly bend a Cero, but only if it was going to singe him. It doesn’t do much at all for physical strikes.

Sonido: Algo’s sonido is about average.

Garganta: He is capable of garganta. His Garganta are unusually small and are hard to notice from a distance. Algo himself basically has to crawl through them.

Pesquisa: Algo’s pesquisa is one of his favorite techniques. It initially starts out with a short radius of about 30ft, but it increases with meditation. Algo maxes out at about two hours, which is about 5 miles and gives basic data on what kind of creatures are in the distance and if their energy is “weak”, “medium”, “strong”, or “holy crap”. He close-range (30ft) detection is much more accurate.

Regeneration: Very poor during battle. Algo can use meditation to greatly increase his regeneration, but this takes minutes.

On the power discussion: I do intend to have Algo achieve Segunda Etapa, and the ability was designed to be as strong as whoever actually does end up fighting.
    Last edited by Magikeeper; 2010-04-21 at 09:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

@horngeek: My whole "Inner Hollow/Zanpakuto Spirit played by another person" thing is just a suggestion. I personally think that it would work better to do it that way. I think you of all people should be familiar with how boring/annoying/whatever it can be to write a fight between two characters who are relatively evenly matched.

Yeah, please don't be worried about power level. My characters currently range from Captain to barely a Quincy, so like most who are running multiple characters I'm running a high and a low.

And yes, Taiki is technically a candidate for 10th. I would prefer that he be considered for 3rd first, then 2nd when I get to writing that one, then 10th. I figured that parts of his personality would fit for all 3, and that I would be perfectly happy playing a Captain of any of them.

By the way, I always come up with interesting ideas for powers, but not for characters, which is why I keep having to restrain myself from making new characters who aren't really characters, just power sets.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

The miserable man returns!

Donovan Bonaventura, Owner of the Venti Buon Caffè
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 136

Type: Bount

Reiatsu/Speaking Color: Dark Slate Blue

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Donovan wears a white cotton shirt and black linen pants, and a brown tie with diagonal stripes. Over this simple attire he uses a long brown coat with a checkered pattern. His hair is black and well kept, his eyes are brown, he wears simple glasses and only smiles when greeting those he knows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Donovan and Jämmerlich

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pessimism guides Donovan's life. He has been through almost four centuries of brutal wars and political shifts, witch hunts and no small amount of hollow harassment. Most of the time he appears normal, hardly jaded or depressive, but any event can suddenly spark a short moment of vocal despair. In stark contrast of words and actions, Donovan speaks as if he cared little for the continuation of his life, and almost makes it seen as if he would prefer to die, but works diligently to keep going.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Donovan lived in Europe until no more than two decades ago, where he had his coffè always moving around countries, to avoid being noticed for his bount immortality, not always successfully. In the first two centuries of his life he underwent his fair share of hangings, drownings and burnings at the stake, as well as overseeing the executions of criminals himself, he had pride in his hangings, of never making the mistake that caused the condemned to not die as soon as the rope tightened.

Doll: Jämmerlich (Miserable)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In its sealed form, Jämmerlich is Donovan's tie. Once released, Jämmerlich looks like a nine feet tall humanoid made of hemp rope, a "hangman golem", his power controls ropes and to a very minor extent, emotions.

The doll itself is made of heavy, strong ropes. It packs a strong punch, but prefers to entangle and constrict its oponents, Jämmerlich also gives Donovan a heavy piece of hemp, which, using his power of rope control, he uses very efficiently as a whip or as a flail.

Rope Control: Both Jämmerlich and Donovan can animate hemp rope in the area, forcing the objects to attack by themselves. Jämmerlich can also produce an effectively limitless amount of hemp rope from its body. By twisting and shaping these ropes, as well as combining them with things such as chains and other objects that can be held in the animated knots, Donovan is capable of performing terrifying attacks such as the dreaded Scharfrichter-Drache.

Despair Aura: Jämmerlich exudes an aura that causes a sense of hopelessness on those within range, which can make the doll appear much more intimidating than it actualy is, and also quenching strong, positive feelings. Donovan is immune to this effect, more because he is already hopeless than because the power is technicaly his. This aura extends up to a 60 feet radius around both and does not discern ally from enemy, which is why Donovan prefers to fight alone when possible.

Miser's Ward: Donovan and Jämmerlich have their minds clouded and protected against outside effects. Telephatic contact, psychic attacks and mental effects do not reach them.

Battle Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Strength: 35 (Donovan is considerably stronger than your average mortal and even a few hollows, but not by much.)
    Offense: 60 (Donovan has worked as an executioneer in the past, and staved off more than one spiritual bar brawl around the world in the past few decades, Jämmerlich's attacks are, thus, swift and merciless.)
    Defense: 50 (Jämmerlich is capable of quickly raising and maintaining barriers of thick rope, providing a potent defense)
    Mobility: 30 (Donovan has excelent agility, compared to most humans, but his fighting style does not involve much movement from his own part)
    Intelligence: 65 (Donovan is a learned man and capable of performing a vast array of special attacks by means of his doll, Jämmerlich.)
    Special/Reiatsu: 40 (Donovan boasts a considerable array of special abilities.)

Venti Buon Caffè:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Venti Buon is excelently placed, in relation to some of the best spiritual spots in Phoenix Town, including the Local School, the Furousha Shop and the cemetary. For this excelent positioning, it is a favorite meeting place for many of the students after classes, and also caters to a small spiritual clientele.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-21 at 11:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Ava Jager
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’0"

Weight: 110

Type: Bount

Reiatsu/Speaking Color: Red

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ava is still a teenager, both at heart, and in body. Her hair is black, kept at ear length, and her eyes are brown. Her most notable feature isn’t anything like that, however. It is her stare. Unblinking, unshaking, brown orbs staring deeply at you.
    Ava is thin, mostly because of the fact that she doesn’t eat much, souls or otherwise. Her form makes it look like the next wind will sweep her up and carry her away. There is a bit more iron in her then that, however.
    Ava inevitably clothes herself in the same style as whomever she elects to attach herself to. When travelling in the company of two people, this can make for an odd sight, as she attempts to split the difference, so to speak.
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ava is an odd bird, certainly enough. She defines her entire personality around those she is with, often changing convictions, emotions, and beliefs at the drop of a hat. She has an internal ranking when it comes to this, placing certain people above others. Whatever the case, determining Ava’s true nature is an impossible task.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to discover Ava’s true history is like trying to empty the ocean with a bucket. It changes every moment, fitting seamlessly into her new personality. In truth, the history she creates will often tell much more about what she thinks of you, then herself.

Doll: Genheimauge (Secret Eye)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Genheimauge is a blue duffel bag when it is unreleased.

When released, Genheimauge takes the appearance of feline. At first glimpse, one might mistake Genheimauge for an ordinary panther (though they might question what a panther was doing out.) However, Genheimauge is much more then that. Rather then simply being a Black Cat, Genheimauge is a cat shaped piece of darkness. Genheimauge is impossible to see when the cat pads into darkness, and silent with its steps. There are ways of beating the creatures of concealment, but it is difficult to do. Other then this ability, the cat is not particularly special. Quick, but not amazingly so. Strong, but not so powerful as to be amazing.

Genheimauge’s strangest ability is the nature of its connection with its mistress. Genheimauge can let Aneel look through his eyes, showing her everything he sees directly. Furthermore, Genheimauge can teleport to his mistress, and summon her to him. Ava uses this to get into places she isn’t supposed to.

She's watching you.

"Jiiiiiii..."
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-04-21 at 11:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The miserable man returns!

Donovan Bonaventura, Owner of the Venti Buon Caffè
    Spoiler
    Show

Weight: 136

Reiatsu/Speaking Color: Dark Slate Blue

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Donovan wears a white cotton shirt and black linen pants, and a brown tie with diagonal stripes. Over this simple attire he uses a long brown coat with a checkered pattern. His hair is black and well kept, his eyes are brown, he wears simple glasses and only smiles when greeting those he knows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Donovan and Jämmerlich

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pessimism guides Donovan's life. He has been through almost four centuries of brutal wars and political shifts, witch hunts and no small amount of hollow harassment. Most of the time he appears normal, hardly jaded or depressive, but any event can suddenly spark a short moment of vocal despair. In stark contrast of words and actions, Donovan speaks as if he cared little for the continuation of his life, and almost makes it seen as if he would prefer to die, but works diligently to keep going.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Donovan lived in Europe until no more than two decades ago, where he had his coffè always moving around countries, to avoid being noticed for his bount immortality, not always successfully. In the first two centuries of his life he underwent his fair share of hangings, drownings and burnings at the stake, as well as overseeing the executions of criminals himself, he had pride in his hangings, of never making the mistake that caused the condemned to not die as soon as the rope tightened.

Doll: Jämmerlich (Miserable)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In its sealed form, Jämmerlich is Donovan's tie. Once released, Jämmerlich looks like a nine feet tall humanoid made of hemp rope, a "hangman golem", his power controls ropes and to a very minor extent, emotions.

The doll itself is made of heavy, strong ropes. It packs a strong punch, but prefers to entangle and constrict its oponents, Jämmerlich also gives Donovan a heavy piece of hemp, which, using his power of rope control, he uses very efficiently as a whip or as a flail.

Rope Control: Both Jämmerlich and Donovan can animate hemp rope in the area, forcing the objects to attack by themselves. Jämmerlich can also produce an effectively limitless amount of hemp rope from its body. By twisting and shaping these ropes, as well as combining them with things such as chains and other objects that can be held in the animated knots, Donovan is capable of performing terrifying attacks such as the dreaded Scharfrichter-Drache.

Despair Aura: Jämmerlich exudes an aura that causes a sense of hopelessness on those within range, which can make the doll appear much more intimidating than it actualy is, and also quenching strong, positive feelings. Donovan is immune to this effect, more because he is already hopeless than because the power is technicaly his. This aura extends up to a 60 feet radius around both and does not discern ally from enemy, which is why Donovan prefers to fight alone when possible.

Miser's Ward: Donovan and Jämmerlich have their minds clouded and protected against outside effects. Telephatic contact, psychic attacks and mental effects do not reach them.

Battle Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Physical Strength: 35 (Donovan is considerably stronger than your average mortal and even a few hollows, but not by much.)
    Offense: 60 (Donovan has worked as an executioneer in the past, and staved off more than one spiritual bar brawl around the world in the past few decades, Jämmerlich's attacks are, thus, swift and merciless.)
    Defense: 50 (Jämmerlich is capable of quickly raising and maintaining barriers of thick rope, providing a potent defense)
    Mobility: 30 (Donovan has excelent agility, compared to most humans, but his fighting style does not involve much movement from his own part)
    Intelligence: 65 (Donovan is a learned man and capable of performing a vast array of special attacks by means of his doll, Jämmerlich.)
    Special/Reiatsu: 40 (Donovan boasts a considerable array of special abilities.)

Venti Buon Caffè:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Venti Buon is excelently placed, in relation to some of the best spiritual spots in Phoenix Town, including the Local School, the Furousha Shop and the cemetary. For this excelent positioning, it is a favorite meeting place for many of the students after classes, and also caters to a small spiritual clientele.

Ava Jager
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’0"

Weight: 110

Reiatsu/Speaking Color: Red

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ava is still a teenager, both at heart, and in body. Her hair is black, kept at ear length, and her eyes are brown. Her most notable feature isn’t anything like that, however. It is her stare. Unblinking, unshaking, brown orbs staring deeply at you.
    Ava is thin, mostly because of the fact that she doesn’t eat much, souls or otherwise. Her form makes it look like the next wind will sweep her up and carry her away. There is a bit more iron in her then that, however.
    Ava inevitably clothes herself in the same style as whomever she elects to attach herself to. When travelling in the company of two people, this can make for an odd sight, as she attempts to split the difference, so to speak.
    Spoiler
    Show

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ava is an odd bird, certainly enough. She defines her entire personality around those she is with, often changing convictions, emotions, and beliefs at the drop of a hat. She has an internal ranking when it comes to this, placing certain people above others. Whatever the case, determining Ava’s true nature is an impossible task.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to discover Ava’s true history is like trying to empty the ocean with a bucket. It changes every moment, fitting seamlessly into her new personality. In truth, the history she creates will often tell much more about what she thinks of you, then herself.

Doll: Genheimauge (Secret Eye)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Genheimauge is a blue duffel bag when it is unreleased

When released, Genheimauge takes the appearance of feline. At first glimpse, one might mistake Genheimauge for an ordinary panther (though they might question what a panther was doing out.) However, Genheimauge is much more then that. Rather then simply being a Black Cat, Genheimauge is a cat shaped piece of darkness. Genheimauge is impossible to see when the cat pads into darkness, and silent with its steps. There are ways of beating the creatures of concealment, but it is difficult to do. Other then this ability, the cat is not particularly special. Quick, but not amazingly so. Strong, but not so powerful as to be amazing.

Genheimauge’s strangest ability is the nature of its connection with its mistress. Genheimauge can let Aneel look through his eyes, showing her everything he sees directly. Furthermore, Genheimauge can teleport to his mistress, and summon her to him. Ava uses this to get into places she isn’t supposed to.

She's watching you.

"Jiiiiiii..."

I am unsure of what these characters are. . . Could I ask everyone to please include 'Type' in the profile (or describe?)
    I think they are both 'Bount' but now there seem to be a lot of Bount characters appearing. I do not know Bount because it is not in the manga I think, so I don't know how the powers work. Both also seem to be very much Zetsubou characters, was this a thing from the last game?

Is the Venti Buon Caffè supposed to be a counter to the Houheiden Shrine?

I think the weapon ideas are interesting.
    But I can immediately see Erima is going to be very much annoyed with the Bount characters, if all of their weapons are 'disguised' as objects.

Did we ever decide for 'Council' what would happen? I think to have 5 people is the good idea, in case sometimes people are busy. I know also that while maybe I can offer advice on shinigami or mortal world, I do not understand such characters as Arrancar and Bount.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-04-21 at 11:03 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

That's the whole shtick of the Bount- when they're sealed, their Dolls are ordinary objects.

Also, my idea for a Shinigami will be typed up soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

So, I've been lurking through the Bleach Reborn threads for a while, trying to get a feel for the type of roleplay that is being aimed for, also trying to decide if I had a character concept or if I felt I should give this a try...

I've gotten the following impressions:
    -More pre-planned than most roleplays. Obviously still improvised in many areas, but more concerted effort to create a cohesive and conflict-free story.
    -Focus on lower power. Avoiding absurd power creep and making less potent characters be viable (though there is some development of power in the works).
    -More light-hearted atmosphere. Avoid being bogged down with constant seriousness (though perhaps it still has its place).

If I'm wrong or missing something I should have picked up, it'd be nice to have someone point it out.

Anyway, I'd like to propose the following character (critique or comments are welcome and encouraged):

Emi, Spiritually Empowered Human
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Emily Martin ('Emi')
    Weight: Trim (asking exact weight would be impolite! )
    Affiliation/Type: None / Spiritual Empowered Human
    Speech Color: #DD0088

Appearance: Emi's appearance is an odd contrast between her personality and her natural aesthetics. On one hand, she generally stands out among her peers. She's tall and slender, standing a significant height above most of those around her, though her overall frame lends itself well to such a height. What is more, her long, loosely gathered auburn hair and doll-like face make clear that her ancestry is quite certainly not all Japanese.

However, Emi is certainly not the type of person to try and stand out. She typically wears standard and unassuming clothing, and has a rather meek and unobtrusive presence that makes her somewhat more forgettable. It is typically on initial meetings that she most makes an impression; after that initial meeting, she tends to drop out of people's minds.

Personality: While not painfully shy, Emi is certainly less outgoing than most. She tends not to take initiative, but rather builds towards things slowly and with careful planning. Also, she pays heavy attention to her misgivings and might come across as overly worrisome at points.

However, those that do get talking to Emi will find that she's really quite a kind and intelligent girl, though unfortunately her school performance is affected by her more ponderous methods (and thus she only earns average grades where she could theoretically do quite well). While not especially humorous herself, she loves to laugh and very much appreciates the company of others, even if she doesn't always seek it out.

Sometimes, Emi expresses frustration with her tediously careful nature, all too aware how it holds her back. She's not entirely comfortable with how she expresses herself and acts in every day life.

History: For the most part, Emi's life has been fairly normal. She's never had encounters with the supernatural, and she's had an average school experience and a decent family life. Her mother and father are divorced, but the two don't have any hard feelings between them, and the smooth separation allowed Emi to deal with it much less painfully than it might have been otherwise.

The only large event in Emi's life was moving to Japan, which occurred relatively recently. For most of her life, she lived in America. However, she moved with her father to Japan, and has since felt a little more out of touch and uncertain about things, which contributes to her frustration with her personality. Ostensibly, her father moved to Japan to take a very lucrative job offer and be with his family, and Emi came with him for a change of pace and to also get in touch with her father's side of the family. Her mother still lives in America, and keeps in touch with Emi despite the distance between them. So far she hasn't come to visit, but Emi hasn't been in Japan all that long.

Emi is still starting into school, having only been able to attend a few weeks at the end of the last school year, and is a bit nervous about it all.

It is important to note that Emi has had no contact with anything remotely supernatural in her entire life- at least, nothing that she did not quickly dismiss as nonsense.

Capabilities:

Non-Spiritual Abilities:
    Beyond her normal knowledge and skills as a student, Emi is a fair musician, skilled primarily in the French Horn (which she stubbornly, and correctly, refers to as the Horn in F), though she is also capable of playing piano. Other than that, Emi is a fairly normal person, with no remarkable skills.

Spiritual Awareness:
    Currently, Emi only possesses a limited form of spiritual awareness. While she can only barely perceive the presence (not even general whereabouts) of most spiritual entities, Emi's senses are unusually adept at noticing Hollows, though even those are some what indistinct.

Releasing Fury
    Though currently incapable of this, Emi's main power is symbolically casting aside her uncertainty and acting far more brashly and boldly. When using this ability, a writhing, winged and clawed ghostly presence emerges from Emi, half mirroring her movements and half taking its own actions. It takes a bit of desperation or real need for Emi to tap into this ability, at least initially, but when she does, she changes quite significantly. Those familiar with hollows, or Vizards, might mistake her for something similar, though in truth she only has many parallels to them, not true connections.

The three capabilities she gains from Releasing Fury are as follows:

-Unceasing Wings
    While using her Releasing Fury power, Emi is capable of using the wings of her ghostly presence to fly. She is fairly graceful, but not especially fast (though certainly not slow). Further, she can also use her wings to shield herself from harm. They are not all encompassing, and it takes decent reflexes to pull them in the way in time, but they can sustain (or even outright ignore) a fair amount of damage, and even if a powerful attack destroys a wing, she can regrow it almost instantly, though this will tire her and eventually drain her completely if forced to do it repeatedly. She can't fly and use her wings as shields at the same time.

-Zealous Rapidity
    The weakest of her three powers, Zealous Rapidity increases Emi's speed far beyond the levels she should normally have... but as she's an untrained young girl, this says very little. In short, she's fairly fast, but not remarkably so.

-Tisiphone's Vengeance
    Emi's claws in her Releasing Fury form are relatively hard hitting, and though there may be those who hit harder or faster, Emi's adeptness at both still allow her to be a threatening force, hitting a middle line where some specialize in one or another. The true power of her claws is more subtle and horrifying though- any wound she causes is stubborn, taking twice as long to naturally heal, and doubling the effort it would take to heal it with other methods.

While for the most part Releasing Fury does not cause a significant strain on her, especially long fights may wear Emi out and prevent her from using it further until she rests.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    -More light-hearted atmosphere. Avoid being bogged down with constant seriousness (though perhaps it still has its place).
    We'd really like to have this. The last one...

well. I consider Hans (one of the villains of the original BleachitP) to be worse than Calubufiok. May give you an idea.

But for this one, we're trying to go lighter-hearted, yes.

And, welcome, Vael!
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-21 at 11:05 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I am unsure of what these characters are. . . Could I ask everyone to please include 'Type' in the profile (or describe?)
    I think they are both 'Bount' but now there seem to be a lot of Bount characters appearing. I do not know Bount because it is not in the manga I think, so I don't know how the powers work. Both also seem to be very much Zetsubou characters, was this a thing from the last game?

But I can immediately see Erima is going to be very much annoyed with the Bount characters, if all of their weapons are 'disguised' as objects.
    "Bount? What's that? I'm a Youkai!"

Shut up, Ava. Ava is Bount, indeed. I added a type section.

Their Doll's aren't really disguised as objects, anymore then a Shikai is the disguise of a Zanpaktou.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

They are in fact Bount. Though, you are correct, a "type" might be good.
    Bount were in an anime-only filler arc. We've...expanded them in both games. Wiki on Bount.

Is the Venti Buon Caffè supposed to be a counter to the Houheiden Shrine?
    I'd say more of an "in addition", kind of like Vi's shop. The Shrine is good and all, but this Caffe is obviously right next to the school. A good place to go after school's out, to study and enjoy food, drink, sunshine, whatever.

Of course, Erima can assume a multitude of forms, including a human form. Bount Dolls have 2 forms: sealed (which is typically a somewhat mundane object, like a water bottle cap, deck of cards, etc.), and released (often manifesting as a sort of creature, though not always).

Did we ever decide for 'Council' what would happen? I think to have 5 people is the good idea, in case sometimes people are busy. I know also that while maybe I can offer advice on shinigami or mortal world, I do not understand such characters as Arrancar and Bount.
    The 5 of you probably need to communicate, to get yourselves organized. Also, I think IC and OOC, a lot of focus will be on the Shinigami.

So, I've been lurking through the Bleach Reborn threads for a while, trying to get a feel for the type of roleplay that is being aimed for, also trying to decide if I had a character concept or if I felt I should give this a try...

I've gotten the following impressions:
    -More pre-planned than most roleplays. Obviously still improvised in many areas, but more concerted effort to create a cohesive and conflict-free story.
    -Focus on lower power. Avoiding absurd power creep and making less potent characters be viable (though there is some development of power in the works).

If I'm wrong or missing something I should have picked up, it'd be nice to have someone point it out.
    You have the basics. The "more light-hearted" is actually more based on the fact that we had some very dark things going on in the other RP. The hope is to make things a bit less grim here. I think we'll succeed nicely.

Anyway, I'd like to propose the following character (critique or comments are welcome and encouraged):

Emi, Spiritually Empowered Human
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Emily Martin ('Emi')
    Weight: Trim (asking exact weight would be impolite! )
    Affiliation/Type: None / Spiritual Empowered Human
    Speech Color: #DD0088

Appearance: Emi's appearance is an odd contrast between her personality and her natural aesthetics. On one hand, she generally stands out among her peers. She's tall and slender, standing a significant height above most of those around her, though her overall frame lends itself well to such a height. What is more, her long, loosely gathered auburn hair and doll-like face make clear that her ancestry is quite certainly not all Japanese.

However, Emi is certainly not the type of person to try and stand out. She typically wears standard and unassuming clothing, and has a rather meek and unobtrusive presence that makes her somewhat more forgettable. It is typically on initial meetings that she most makes an impression; after that initial meeting, she tends to drop out of people's minds.

Personality: While not painfully shy, Emi is certainly less outgoing than most. She tends not to take initiative, but rather builds towards things slowly and with careful planning. Also, she pays heavy attention to her misgivings and might come across as overly worrisome at points.

However, those that do get talking to Emi will find that she's really quite a kind and intelligent girl, though unfortunately her school performance is affected by her more ponderous methods (and thus she only earns average grades where she could theoretically do quite well). While not especially humorous herself, she loves to laugh and very much appreciates the company of others, even if she doesn't always seek it out.

Sometimes, Emi expresses frustration with her tediously careful nature, all too aware how it holds her back. She's not entirely comfortable with how she expresses herself and acts in every day life.

History: For the most part, Emi's life has been fairly normal. She's never had encounters with the supernatural, and she's had an average school experience and a decent family life. Her mother and father are divorced, but the two don't have any hard feelings between them, and the smooth separation allowed Emi to deal with it much less painfully than it might have been otherwise.

The only large event in Emi's life was moving to Japan, which occurred relatively recently. For most of her life, she lived in America. However, she moved with her father to Japan, and has since felt a little more out of touch and uncertain about things, which contributes to her frustration with her personality. Ostensibly, her father moved to Japan to take a very lucrative job offer and be with his family, and Emi came with him for a change of pace and to also get in touch with her father's side of the family. Her mother still lives in America, and keeps in touch with Emi despite the distance between them. So far she hasn't come to visit, but Emi hasn't been in Japan all that long.

Emi is still starting into school, having only been able to attend a few weeks at the end of the last school year, and is a bit nervous about it all.

It is important to note that Emi has had no contact with anything remotely supernatural in her entire life- at least, nothing that she did not quickly dismiss as nonsense.

Capabilities:

Non-Spiritual Abilities:
    Beyond her normal knowledge and skills as a student, Emi is a fair musician, skilled primarily in the French Horn (which she stubbornly, and correctly, refers to as the Horn in F), though she is also capable of playing piano. Other than that, Emi is a fairly normal person, with no remarkable skills.

Spiritual Awareness:
    Currently, Emi only possesses a limited form of spiritual awareness. While she can only barely perceive the presence (not even general whereabouts) of most spiritual entities, Emi's senses are unusually adept at noticing Hollows, though even those are some what indistinct.

Releasing Fury
    Though currently incapable of this, Emi's main power is symbolically casting aside her uncertainty and acting far more brashly and boldly. When using this ability, a writhing, winged and clawed ghostly presence emerges from Emi, half mirroring her movements and half taking its own actions. It takes a bit of desperation or real need for Emi to tap into this ability, at least initially, but when she does, she changes quite significantly. Those familiar with hollows, or Vizards, might mistake her for something similar, though in truth she only has many parallels to them, not true connections.

The three capabilities she gains from Releasing Fury are as follows:

-Unceasing Wings
    While using her Releasing Fury power, Emi is capable of using the wings of her ghostly presence to fly. She is fairly graceful, but not especially fast (though certainly not slow). Further, she can also use her wings to shield herself from harm. They are not all encompassing, and it takes decent reflexes to pull them in the way in time, but they can sustain (or even outright ignore) a fair amount of damage, and even if a powerful attack destroys a wing, she can regrow it almost instantly, though this will tire her and eventually drain her completely if forced to do it repeatedly. She can't fly and use her wings as shields at the same time.

-Zealous Rapidity
    The weakest of her three powers, Zealous Rapidity increases Emi's speed far beyond the levels she should normally have... but as she's an untrained young girl, this says very little. In short, she's fairly fast, but not remarkably so.

-Tisiphone's Vengeance
    Emi's claws in her Releasing Fury form are relatively hard hitting, and though there may be those who hit harder or faster, Emi's adeptness at both still allow her to be a threatening force, hitting a middle line where some specialize in one or another. The true power of her claws is more subtle and horrifying though- any wound she causes is stubborn, taking twice as long to naturally heal, and doubling the effort it would take to heal it with other methods.

While for the most part Releasing Fury does not cause a significant strain on her, especially long fights may wear Emi out and prevent her from using it further until she rests.

Nice. It's a new and interesting ability set. Room for growth, but not super-strong out of the cage. I like it.

Welcome to the ride!

Also, keep in mind that my character Watanabe Kaito tends to be a kind of "unofficial tutor" for students. Might be one way to work your character into "the group".

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    well. I consider Hans (one of the villains of the original BleachitP) to be worse than Calubufiok. May give you an idea.
    "Hans this, Hans that. Haven't I done anything!? Sometimes I feel like you guys don't love me anymore..."

This mindscrew moment is brought to you by Axe body spray.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-04-21 at 11:22 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    "Hans this, Hans that. Haven't I done anything!? Sometimes I feel like you guys don't love me anymore..."

*Satoshi appears and punches Nukari. While in Bankai. And Ressureccion.

Shirubaru appears and punches Nukari for good measure.*

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

She's a good character, Vael. Didn't really expect anything different.

Power level seems just where it should be, and she'll fit in with our group of Mortals.

The Conductor will love her...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    That's the whole shtick of the Bount- when they're sealed, their Dolls are ordinary objects.
    Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining for me! What a frustrating and embarrassing occurrence.

"Bount? What's that? I'm a Youkai!"

Shut up, Ava. Ava is Bount, indeed. I added a type section.
    Even if it just is to be written 'Youkai' is helpful to me in understanding It makes much sense to me because maybe I thought 'Bount' is such a thing. It seemed like a little bit she was similar to Erima, so I was thinking so...but I wanted to make sure.

Their Doll's aren't really disguised as objects, anymore then a Shikai is the disguise of a Zanpaktou.
    I don't understand. I do not think a shikai is a disguise of a zanpakutou. But I think I understand Horngeek's explanation.

To Vael:

Welcome! I will try to read your character soon!
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Kasanip: added Bount categorization as well.

Also, not really a counter to the shrine. More of a... Well.

First of all, a shrine isn't really a place where students normally gather. That said, Donovans establishment has no training areas and no much shielding from the less reputable spiritual beings other than the owner himself.

On the relationship between Takara and Eirima with the bount, well. Odds are one such as Jämmerlich would be annoyed and jealous of Eirima's ability to move aorund freely in a human shape whereas he is stuck around the neck of a moping buffon, and trapped in the form of some monstrosity of no myth, a man of hemp rope and knots, when allowed to take my true shape, it is demeaning. Truly, a miserable existance.

Also, the Central 46 is actualy only a ruling body for Soul Society, I think. Not much weight in the decisions of other subsets.

Also. Hi Vael!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a question on Donovan. What limits on the control does he have?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post

"At least they loved you...sort of. Someone had to. Do monsters have mothers? Should I find mine?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."