New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    The Hougyoku dosn't work the way we thought. Period. Go read the manga, and lets never bring the thing up again in our cannon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... I have no comment at this time. Though... I feel rather disappointed that everything that has happened up till now was tied together in such a deus ex machina way. :( Feels a bit cheap to me. I am torn between disappointment and excitement with Uruhara's appearance.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    -More light-hearted atmosphere. Avoid being bogged down with constant seriousness (though perhaps it still has its place).
    I want to bring this up because the wording in it slightly worries me.

See, I'm a dramatic writer. I always have been and I always will be. I'll partake in some silliness and light-hearted content now and then, but it only gets me so far. Unless I have drama to write about, then I'm simply not interested. It's the reason that Masato barely did anything in our Beach episode. I simply had nothing to write about. Other than him getting beat up by Tai... When you say regarding drama that "perhaps it still has its place," I get a little worried. I'm sure it's a harmless comment and I'm likely reading too far into it, but I wanted to address this issue anyway just to make it clear that I plan to play quite a fair share of dramatic situations in this game.

Which leads me to another point I wanted to bring up regarding my characters. None of my characters really have much room for silliness this time around. In fact, the only character I could really see doing any sort of solid comedy work would be Kujo. But there's a bit of a different problem with him, which I've been meaning to bring up to the community here for a while.

I'll say this straight and simple: Kujo is a dark character. Period. And I have every intention of continuing to play him that way. I know this sort of goes against our "light atmosphere" we wanted for this game, and it'll probably make some players uncomfortable, but... That's the point. He is meant to make people shift in their seats both ICly and OOCly. He's supposed to be the shadow looming in everyone's mind. See, I'm of the opinion that we need a character or two like this. If everything is too light-hearted, then the story will get stale.

However, don't for a second think that I want to turn this into a GRIMDARK setting or anything like that, because I don't. I respect the fact that people want a lighter tone to the game, and I don't really want to compromise that. But Kujo does. That's what I ask everyone to understand (if it makes any sense) when I do certain dark things with the character. He's there to upset the balance in every way possible, even if it means reaching through the screen and making the players themselves squirm.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding too like Kasanip but I had the impression as well that the central members would do some OOC mediating and voting on of general setting issues. I'm not sure this was super clearly stated though.
    Not... Really. They could vote OOCly on certain things that would affect the Shinigami base, but other than that, I don't see them as having any sort of authority. General setting issues should still be resolved by a popular vote, but by more than 5 people. The entire player base should have say in that kind of thing.

The only way I meant for the Central 46 to act as an OOC force was to try and keep players from doing anything that disrupts the fun of the game, which really, anyone has the power of doing. The 46 just happen to have a little more to threaten them with IC, especially if the player in question has a Shinigami character.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Yeah... We are keeping it under the flawed assumption we had before today's chapter. And even with that vastly less insane version, there will be safety measures to ensure that no one is ever going to touch that thing.
    I... Am going to have to respectfully disagree, actually. The Hougyoku as explained in the most recent chapter works surprisingly well in the confines of our RP. The original one, that is. For reasons that only me and Hadrian (and possibly Draken) know about. Trust me on this one.

Also, I really wouldn't be against having the same kind of Hougyoku in our new RP either. As long as it's handled very, very carefully, then it opens up quite a few avenues for interesting story-telling. I really don't see why everyone is so sudden to completely denounce the idea.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

<.<
    >.>

I have a question for you all.

In the manga, remember Byakuya's fight with Zommnari, where he used that Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihō: Utsusemi move? The Shunpo out of his Haori one, leaving it as a decoy?

Now, here's my question: the Bleach wiki thinks it's just leaving an afterimage.

The manga implies a piece of clothing has to be left behind, however.

So... which is it, in your opinions?

...yes, this is likely to come up at some point in relation to one of my characters.

...yes, I am fully aware that this is one of the oddest questions I have ever asked.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-22 at 05:03 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, another question: Zarah, with Kujo's Shikai ability, who exactly decides what happens with each 'swing'? I assume it's the player of the target?

Because I have ideas for possible effects already.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    <.<
    >.>

I have a question for you all.

In the manga, remember Byakuya's fight with Zommnari, where he used that Way of Onmitsu, 3rd of the Shihō: Utsusemi move? The Shunpo out of his Haori one, leaving it as a decoy?

Now, here's my question: the Bleach wiki thinks it's just leaving an afterimage.

The manga implies a piece of clothing has to be left behind, however.

So... which is it, in your opinions?

...yes, this is likely to come up at some point in relation to one of my characters.

...yes, I am fully aware that this is one of the oddest questions I have ever asked.
    I've got no idea. The after image thing might work... except why the hell does it appear to take damage?

Without the appearing to take damage, I'd say that Byakuya tossed his Haori up in the air before moving off, to make it slightly more realistic when Zommnari struck him.

With it, who knows.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, and on Vael's character:

French Horn/Horn in F?

I played that!

Technically, it's from Germany. As opposed to the English Horn, which is neither a horn (it's a woodwind) or English (it's French).
    I have seven years experience in playing the horn myself. Normally I shy away from giving my characters traits that precisely emulate my own, but I felt like being able to play the horn wasn't such a big deal, and it would be more interesting since I could describe it in complete detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    French Horn's are for little girls! Real men play Trombone!
    "Real men don't need keys! Real men play different notes by changing the size of their instrument!"

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    The Hougyoku dosn't work the way we thought. Period. Go read the manga, and lets never bring the thing up again in our cannon.
    Heehee. Cannon.
    Boom.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got no idea. The after image thing might work... except why the hell does it appear to take damage?

Without the appearing to take damage, I'd say that Byakuya tossed his Haori up in the air before moving off, to make it slightly more realistic when Zommnari struck him.

With it, who knows.
    Not sure. It seems to be similar to Gemlos Sonido- of course, that entire fight was Zommnari going 'I'm so special, nya nya' and Byakuya owning him by showing that either he could do the same thing, or that he had a perfect counter to his ability.

I think it's an afterimage, but the clothing is to provide something for it to... anchor on, maybe. So, without leaving something physical behind, it doesn't appear to take damage, say.

Of course, if you don't have a haori, what do you leave behind? Your Shinigami uniform?

Also, Vael, good one on noticing that.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-22 at 07:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "Real men don't need keys! Real men play different notes by changing the size of their instrument!"
    D*mn straight. Keys are for the weak. Same with actually being able to tune your instrument!

---

I like the detail. It isn't a huge thing, but it gives your char an identifiable character trait beyond her power set, and general personality. Makes her seem more like a real person, which is always nice.

Besides, it gives the Conductor someone to talk about music things with.

Not sure. It seems to be similar to Gemlos Sonido- of course, that entire fight was Zommnari going 'I'm so special, nya nya' and Byakuya owning him by showing that either he could do the same thing, or that he had a perfect counter to his ability.

I think it's an afterimage, but the clothing is to provide something for it to... anchor on, maybe.
    That may be true... but still, why does an Afterimage appear to take damage? It makes no sense!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Besides, it gives the Conductor someone to talk about music things with.
    Izumi sings!

That may be true... but still, why does an Afterimage appear to take damage? It makes no sense!
    This is based on a Shonen manga and you're talking about sense?

On a slightly more serious note: because it's damm cool.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

Some Shonen make more sense than others?

So, in my last post I noted the power-down, the joining with Koan, and the following idea:

Ooh, I have an idea! What if Algo had spent the last 10 years or so getting a low-level field position in the Gotai 13? One that seeks out studies seeks out spiritually aware humans and other strangeness in the world of the living? That would give the Arrancar Masters of Disguise™ a connection to both the Soul Society and the human group for plot goodness. This would also explain how Algo could be training to achieve his Segunda Etapa (pretending he is trying to achieve ‘Bankai’) and how he would get a gigai. He would disguise his hollow powers as a wind-related Shikai and just suck at hado, as he probably doesn’t want to fake something so complicated. Would that be okay?
    Is this okay?

The entire post for those who would like to see it:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikeeper View Post
    Hmm… I’ll take you up on that offer and power down Algo. I was going to fix the mortal thing, but I think it is fine as it is. Soshi is the best at deceiving humans (and actual impersonations), while Algo is the best at deceiving powerful spiritual beings (but can’t impersonate). Also, I think Algo is slower to get into and get out of a disguise. I guess this means he would be pretending to be a soul reaper, but if he was called on it…

Ooh, I have an idea! What if Algo had spent the last 10 years or so getting a low-level field position in the Gotai 13? One that seeks out studies seeks out spiritually aware humans and other strangeness in the world of the living? That would give the Arrancar Masters of Disguise™ a connection to both the Soul Society and the human group for plot goodness. This would also explain how Algo could be training to achieve his Segunda Etapa (pretending he is trying to achieve ‘Bankai’) and how he would get a gigai. He would disguise his hollow powers as a wind-related Shikai and just suck at hado, as he probably doesn’t want to fake something so complicated. Would that be okay?

New Algo (still far from complete.. I have projects I should be doing right now. Finals in two weeks and all.)

Spoiler
    Show

Current Name: Algo
    Height: 5"11
    Weight: 150
    Type: Arrancar
    Reiatsu: Greyscale (I.E. washed out rainbow)
    Aspect of Death: Confusion
    Ally: Soshi Koan, fellow Arrancar Master of Disguise™ <I love typing that.
    Applying for an unseated field position in the Gotai 13

His hollow hole is on his left foot, usually covered by a sock.
    To imagine his hollow mask, take a pair of sports goggles. Remove the left goggle, making it a sort of eyepatch. Cut the straps and weld the goggle around his left eye. Remove the glass. Instead of blinking, the goggle opens and closes with camera-like shutters. Each ‘blink’ results in his eye completely changing, although repeats are common. Note that the eye does not blink very often, maybe once every two minutes.
    <He has both personality and history. Neither have been typed out.>

Zanpakto: Algo se vacia (Something Empty)
    >Algo's Zanpakto consists of two identical Shortswords. They can be chaged by his Resurrección into any similiar objects (such as a pair of batons or small poles).

Spoiler
    Show
    Resurrección:
    Paseo una milla, Algo se vacia! (Walk a Mile, Something Empty!)

Algo’s Resurreccion is different from most in that it looks different each time he uses it. In fact, this is the power of the ability. Once chosen, the form cannot be changed unless he repeats the release. Algo can remain in this state almost indefinitely, but at the moment sealing his blade is very difficult and Algo cannot change his chosen form without moving to a different state. This form always looks similar to himself, but it can be any kind of creature (although creatures like animal spirits may not show much resemblance). Algo is not able to look like a specific person. While using this ability he can disguise his spiritual presence and abilities as those of the entity he is pretending to be. For example, his balas could take the form of wind and his presence could be that of a soul reaper (with a wind shikai). His true nature cannot be discerned. The most powerful detection techniques will only reveal something is off, not what that something is. Abilities that are specific to hollows ignore Algo while he is in this state.

The Segunda Etapa Algo does not currently posses:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vista Hace, Algo se vacia! (Seeing is doing, Something Empty!)
    In this form Algo appears to… well, imagine a doppelganger from D&D. Add two eyes that are grey-yellow in color. Add a pac-man style lipless, toothy mouth that can only be seen while open – one that is far too long for his head. Make him about 6.5ft tall, thin and ghastly. His blades look more like long swords and his clothing is whatever he chooses it to be.

When Algo enters this form he chooses one ability he has seen in action but never used before as a “base ability”. Whenever an ability is used in his presence (while in this form) he can choose to replace his current base ability with the new one. Base abilities do not carry over from previous uses, and Algo cannot choose to regain an ability he has replaced unless that ability is used again in his presence.

Also, Algo can rearrange his current skills as he desires [not intelligence]. This takes about 2 seconds, leaving a window between changes. If he leaves this form his skills return to normal. For example, he could swap his speed with his strength. In addition, he can choose to replace any of his abilities with those of the individual whose ability is currently his base. He can even swap the changed abilities.

Basic Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

Where does everyone get those chart things from? Seriously, I’d like to know.

Strength: 20
    Algo is not very strong.

Offense: 30
    Algo has an okay offense. He prefers to keep opponents off-gaurd.

Defense: 25
    Algo likes learning defensive moves, but has little combat experience against tough opponents.

Speed: 30
    Algo is fairly fast.

Reiatsu: 50
    Algo has a fairly strong spiritual presence.

Intelligence: ??
    Algo is fairly smart and quite cunning.
    <Magikeeper sees no need to give this a number>

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bala: Algo is loves to use Balas. His Balas are not unusually strong, nor can he fire and unusually large number of them. However, he can fire them from any part of his body capable of making a thrusting motion. His balas are also capable of slightly curving and even being different shape (rings, solid spheres, needles etc).

Cero: Algo’s Cero is very slow and thin but above average in strength. He fires it from his foot although he can fire a weaker one from his hand (but not both at once). He can perform purely physical actions while charging a Cero without losing it. <~10 second charging time>

Hierro: Algo’s Hierro is weaker than average, but this is not because he has not focused on it. Algo’s Hierro spins, making him very hard to grab and helps him dodge attacks. It can even slightly bend a Cero, but only if it was going to singe him. It doesn’t do much at all for physical strikes.

Sonido: Algo’s sonido is about average.

Garganta: He is capable of garganta. His Garganta are unusually small and are hard to notice from a distance. Algo himself basically has to crawl through them.

Pesquisa: Algo’s pesquisa is one of his favorite techniques. It initially starts out with a short radius of about 30ft, but it increases with meditation. Algo maxes out at about two hours, which is about 5 miles and gives basic data on what kind of creatures are in the distance and if their energy is “weak”, “medium”, “strong”, or “holy crap”. He close-range (30ft) detection is much more accurate.

Regeneration: Very poor during battle. Algo can use meditation to greatly increase his regeneration, but this takes minutes.

On the power discussion: I do intend to have Algo achieve Segunda Etapa, and the ability was designed to be as strong as whoever actually does end up fighting.

Also, I support Zarah and had similar concerns. Although Algo isn't that dark, I want a source of drama in the game. More oppertunities for rogue groups to do things.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Some Shonen make more sense than others?

So, in my last post I noted the power-down, the joining with Koan, and the following idea:

Is this okay?

The entire post for those who would like to see it:

Also, I support Zarah and had similar concerns. Although Algo isn't that dark, I want a source of drama in the game. More oppertunities for rogue groups to do things.
    I didn't speak up sooner, but...

I'm not sure I'm very comfortable with the idea of Soul Society being compromised by an enemy agent that easily and deeply. Even if he is operating on his own, what if Las Noches recruits him? Then Soul Society is boned. With a club covered in razor wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to bring this up because the wording in it slightly worries me.

See, I'm a dramatic writer. I always have been and I always will be. I'll partake in some silliness and light-hearted content now and then, but it only gets me so far. Unless I have drama to write about, then I'm simply not interested. It's the reason that Masato barely did anything in our Beach episode. I simply had nothing to write about. Other than him getting beat up by Tai... When you say regarding drama that "perhaps it still has its place," I get a little worried. I'm sure it's a harmless comment and I'm likely reading too far into it, but I wanted to address this issue anyway just to make it clear that I plan to play quite a fair share of dramatic situations in this game.

Which leads me to another point I wanted to bring up regarding my characters. None of my characters really have much room for silliness this time around. In fact, the only character I could really see doing any sort of solid comedy work would be Kujo. But there's a bit of a different problem with him, which I've been meaning to bring up to the community here for a while.

I'll say this straight and simple: Kujo is a dark character. Period. And I have every intention of continuing to play him that way. I know this sort of goes against our "light atmosphere" we wanted for this game, and it'll probably make some players uncomfortable, but... That's the point. He is meant to make people shift in their seats both ICly and OOCly. He's supposed to be the shadow looming in everyone's mind. See, I'm of the opinion that we need a character or two like this. If everything is too light-hearted, then the story will get stale.

However, don't for a second think that I want to turn this into a GRIMDARK setting or anything like that, because I don't. I respect the fact that people want a lighter tone to the game, and I don't really want to compromise that. But Kujo does. That's what I ask everyone to understand (if it makes any sense) when I do certain dark things with the character. He's there to upset the balance in every way possible, even if it means reaching through the screen and making the players themselves squirm.
    Hm.
    I like using numbers, so....

Let's say we have a range of 1-10. 1 is "No Thematic Darkness or Drama at all" and 10 is "Nothing But Thematic Darkness, With Even Drama Itself Usurped".

I'd put Canon Bleach at about a....5.5. Happily in the middle area.

Current BleachITP ranges from about 7 to 9, depending on the character onscreen.

I think shooting for a range of 5-7 with Reborn would be good. It allows plenty of lighter moments, means we don't have some of the, ah, "extreme" characters from before, but still means we have serious issues and villains.

Obviously, something as simple as a 1-10 range doesn't really encompass this issue well. But that was a "rough sketch" to hopefully get people on the same wavelength.

I... Am going to have to respectfully disagree, actually. The Hougyoku as explained in the most recent chapter works surprisingly well in the confines of our RP. The original one, that is. For reasons that only me and Hadrian (and possibly Draken) know about. Trust me on this one.

Also, I really wouldn't be against having the same kind of Hougyoku in our new RP either. As long as it's handled very, very carefully, then it opens up quite a few avenues for interesting story-telling. I really don't see why everyone is so sudden to completely denounce the idea.
    See, now, this has me curious.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you check who the heck you quoted?

Keeping the current RP off the talk and focusing on this one. The hougyoku is supposed to exist, but what it actualy does should probably not matter because... Well. It breaks off from the "lower power" thing we have going, for instance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I didn't speak up sooner, but...

I'm not sure I'm very comfortable with the idea of Soul Society being compromised by an enemy agent that easily and deeply. Even if he is operating on his own, what if Las Noches recruits him? Then Soul Society is boned. With a club covered in razor wire.
    BAAAAAAAAKA.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-22 at 10:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    BAAAAAAAAKA.
    Yeah, well, this is an even longer period of insertion.

Just because it happened before, I can't raise an objection now?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    BAAAAAAAAKA.
    Fixed it for you. I also lol'd.

Edit: No KD, its not a problem. But it just seems like your having problems with alot of stuff based on more personal reasons other then what makes for a good story. Thats not particularly fair, espcially to new people trying to come into the game and making plots of their own, instead of going with the majority. I think its fiar everyone have a crack at the plot pie don't you?
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-04-22 at 11:00 AM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

16. - Top - End - #136

10 years with a very specific Resurrección is 'easily'? What would 'hard' be? I meant it took him 10 years to get in, not that he has been in it for 10 years. Maybe one year. What else would I need in order to make it more believable?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Fine. I withdraw my objection.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, another question: Zarah, with Kujo's Shikai ability, who exactly decides what happens with each 'swing'? I assume it's the player of the target?

Because I have ideas for possible effects already.
    That's a good question. I'd have to say that it depends on the situation and on how dry my idea pool is, since I can only think of so much to do with it... However, I don't really want the other players taking up all the responsibility either. I'd prefer to have some control over the effects so that a) players don't screw me over and b) players don't screw themselves over.

Also, I should probably bring up the fact that Kujo... Isn't a very good fighter. I mean, he can hold his own in one-on-one combat well enough, but if he went up against a Captain, or even someone who excelled in melee combat, he would get his ass handed to him. His strength lies entirely in his completely broken Zanpakutou powers, his ability to fight ridiculously dirty and having pretty much no moral boundaries. He'll throw his henchmen at you until they overwhelm you, then he'll kick sand in your eyes. Then he'll kick you between the legs. Then he'll kick sand between your legs just for good measure.

Did you check who the heck you quoted?

Keeping the current RP off the talk and focusing on this one. The hougyoku is supposed to exist, but what it actualy does should probably not matter because... Well. It breaks off from the "lower power" thing we have going, for instance.
    I did, in fact. That paragraph started as a directed statement, but quickly evolved into a general statement for the thread.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the Hougyoku strikes me as a tool that sort of guides fate. It is incredibly powerful, but also look at who's holding it. Aizen is broken in every sense of the word, so that doesn't really help matters. If the Hougyoku was in the hands of someone with lesser power, it could likely be reflected as such. I'm not saying that we should use it in our game, but I just don't want to completely write it off.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

@Magikeeper: I think we need to hear more how Ango wormed his way in. The only way he could've gotten in Gotei without suspicion would've been going through the Academy, which would've required him to get to Soul Society first.

He might have been able to get in by masquerading as a foreign Reaper, and then performing flawlessly for those 10 years, but in that case I want to hear how he can work with Soshi without blowing his cover.

I actually like the idea, I just feel we need a justification before we let you go through with it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Getting into Soul Society is relatively easy. Garganta allows him to go into the Rukon, take one or two hollows along to divert attention (set 'em loose as bait), use disguise powers to blend in, go to academy, suck at kido and never develop shikai, join the 13 Court Guard Squads as a lowly unseated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Getting into Soul Society is relatively easy. Garganta allows him to go into the Rukon, take one or two hollows along to divert attention (set 'em loose as bait), use disguise powers to blend in, go to academy, suck at kido and never develop shikai, join the 13 Court Guard Squads as a lowly unseated.
    This is pretty much word for word what Abishai did.

And Koan does have a few lesser animal hollows to fling around. Its not impossible for this set up to go down as written.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

22. - Top - End - #142

Hmm.. if we did the foreign reaper thing:

The lie:
    > Algo was sent to retrieve a vital piece of confidential information. The holder of this information was an Odhuchas which has moved to the area. During the retrieval missions the Odhuchas took a liking to fighting Algo, so much so that a deal was set up in order to avoid innocent deaths. If Algo chases him down 1vs1 the Odhuchas won’t go after humans. If any other soul reaper interferes (thus ruining its fun) the hollow will attack humans. Algo would eventually ask if he could train with the Gotai 13 in order to become strong enough to actually subdue the Odhuchas in a 1vs1 battle. As Algo actually can fake a wind Shikai (release-modified hollow powers), he wishes to focus on that since it is where his strength lies. He still battles the Odhuchas on a regular basis, but he has always been made the fool.

<The ‘Odhuchas’ is Koan in disguise, and the battles are when they exchange information using code-speak.>

Although the academy idea might work better. I like the battle-that-isn’t-a-battle idea though.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi sings!
    "Excellent child. We will have to find a spot for you... as a featured soloist!"

When I say talk, I do mean 'creepily obsess over.' He is an Arrancar, after all.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Sterling can do vocals, we all know what beautiful singers cats are right?
    And thank you Darwin for the awesome Sterlingtar.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorolar View Post
    Sterling can do vocals, we all know what beautiful singers cats are right?
    They make excellent Pianists as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm.. if we did the foreign reaper thing:

The lie:
    > Algo was sent to retrieve a vital piece of confidential information. The holder of this information was an Odhuchas which has moved to the area. During the retrieval missions the Odhuchas took a liking to fighting Algo, so much so that a deal was set up in order to avoid innocent deaths. If Algo chases him down 1vs1 the Odhuchas won’t go after humans. If any other soul reaper interferes (thus ruining its fun) the hollow will attack humans. Algo would eventually ask if he could train with the Gotai 13 in order to become strong enough to actually subdue the Odhuchas in a 1vs1 battle. As Algo actually can fake a wind Shikai (release-modified hollow powers), he wishes to focus on that since it is where his strength lies. He still battles the Odhuchas on a regular basis, but he has always been made the fool.

<The ‘Odhuchas’ is Koan in disguise, and the battles are when they exchange information using code-speak.>

Although the academy idea might work better. I like the battle-that-isn’t-a-battle idea though.
    Eh, whichever you choose, the ideas presented are plausible enough for me. Knock yourself out .
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

They make excellent Pianists as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM
    First comment made my day: "more talented than lady gaga"
    Plus the cat is adorable. I have two black cats that are brother and sister. I've had them for about 10 years now, probably longer.
    Thanks for sharing that.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-22 at 04:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Anthony Wallace (First Name, Family), Agent 03
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'6"
    Weight: 147 pounds
    Reiatsu: Gray
    Faction: S.W.O.R.D
    Code Name: "Grave Medic"

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anthony Wallace is the kind of man who doesn't stand out when viewed in a crowd, but should one find themselves alone with Anthony...he stands out with a sort of undefinable creepiness. There is just something in his eyes that just seems wrong. But nothing in his outward appearance suggests this feeling has any basis in reality. His strong features carry expressions ranging from neutral to kind, he keeps his hair tidy and his clothes likewise. Most often he has on a nice sweater and slacks, combined with a doctor's coat when at work in a local hospital.

When on call as Agent 03, this changes dramatically to the point one begins to wonder if he doesn't belong in clubs of dubious purpose when the truth couldn't be further from that. When 'on duty' Anthony wears a black helmet fashioned in a facsimile of a surgeon's mask complete with a round mirror fixed just above opening for his eyes. Blue light illuminates the interior and, at times, people can catch glimpses of words and numbers displayed on the inside of the visor, but it's difficult to decipher them on the fly then they are backwards and quickly disappear. Beside his helmet, his strange garb includes an almost skin tight black rubber suit that goes up to his chin, allowing not an inch of skin to be seen from the neck down though he wears other clothes over top it. This including an ankle length black rubber trench coat with an apron of the same material and color buckled to the coat over-top it. Combined with thick gloves that go almost up to his shoulders buckled unto the coat as well, some wonder how he doesn't suffocate under all of that. He wears what are practically military boots tightly laced with a number of knives stashed in the tops of his boots.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most people would describe Anthony as having split personalities, or something similar, where in the reality is he simply shows different sides of himself at different times. When Anthony Wallace he is the excellent doctor with a stellar track record, kind to his patients and amiable with his co-workers. He talks often of his family to those who will listen and is an all round fine fellow who enjoys the finer things in life, an avid fan of classical music, opera, and classic literature when enjoyed with a fine Chianti. Sometimes he even plays poker and blackjack with the janitors at his hospital, just for a good time. Most suspect he's trying to make a lot of friends since he's an American doctor studying and practicing over-seas to see what improvements could be made back home. Those same people don't mind that much because...well...he's likely baby-sitted for them at some point or treated an ailing friend/family member. He still seems off, put most people put it down to him being a foreigner. Anthony has also demonstrated a commendable singing voice on occasion, to the amusement of his peers.

As Agent 03 'Grave Medic', he couldn't be further from the kind Dr. Wallace so many know. He's cold, merciless, and has an avid hatred of hollows and shinigami with the firm opinion if one looked hard enough they could be connected to anything wrong in the world. To him, their only use is as test subjects and captives to discover their secrets for the benefit of the mortal world or as a pest to be exterminated. He accepts S.W.O.R.D's stated mission whole-heartedly and works tireless towards it when not supporting his cover identity. Interrogations, dissection (when possible) of dead subjects, experimentation with mortal and shinigami medicine. He applies equal vigor to all of those tasks and more. And when he lacks for projects? He haunts the city looking for stray hollows or shinigami away from support to wipe out, something that has gotten him in trouble in the past but these diversions are decidedly small time.

Tools:
    Spoiler
    Show

Anthony's tools are the source of his deadly precision and lethality in combat. Without them, he's merely a spiritually aware mortal with more knowledge then he should about how to fight or how hollows and shinigami work. Once before a hollow who escaped him back-tracked him to when he was at work and it was only pure luck that he escaped a hollow that would have lasted only seconds if he had been properly equipped.

Head

* Helmet: Anthony's specialized helmet is one of his most advanced pieces of equipment and he wears it constantly when on call as Agent 03. This mask allows a refined ability to detect spiritual pressure and/or reiatsu, also seeing through anti-detection abilities such as Kyakko in it's first vision mode. In it's second, it provides an X-ray like view of whomever is in it's sight, allowing Anthony to strike at vital points with much greater accuracy since he can actually see them. Both modes require a minor expenditure of reiatsu from himself, unlike normal S.W.O.R.D tools that absorb ambient reishi.

Torso

* SEBA: Speed Enhancing Body Armor, it's exactly what it says on the tin. The black rubber body-suit that he wears beneath all of his clothing is a proto-type S.W.O.R.D armor that enhances the physical abilities of the one who wears it. It allows Anthony to replicate the speed of fast shinigami while giving him impressive jumping abilities. For those heights he can't jump to, he climbs or climbs up with the aid of the wire mentioned below.

Arms

* Grapple: This armband uses reishi to create a strong spiritual chain that Anthony usually uses to cling to surfaces, like, well, a grappling hook. He can also release them when clinging to enemies to bind them for a short period of time.
    * Mirror Glove: Anthony's left glove is a bit off when compared to the right, a dial set into it on the back of his hand. This allows Anthony to try and 'catch' a reishi attack like hado spells, bala, etc and attempt to redirect them away from him. If this fails then the dial absorbs some of the attacks energy to lessen it's punch. Obviously this doesn't work on every energy attack since those from opponents much stronger then Anthony can't be redirected in such a fashion or those with a particularly forceful penetrating power. When it's over-loaded in such a fashion, the dial has a tendency to burn out and requires Anthony to replace it which can be costly in the middle of battle.

Hands

* Spirit Revitalizer: This glove duplicates the effects of shinigami healing kido. Anthony has two versions of these gloves. The ones he wears when he goes to the hospital to discreetly supplement normal medical measures with spiritual. And the heavy duty ones he wears when on task which only affect himself, which he uses to stymie minor and major wounds to keep them from becoming too severe.

Waist

* Stealth Belt: This belt lowers the amount of noise that Anthony makes when moving, allowing him a much greater degree of stealth when stalking prey. He prefers this over the normal stealth belt that duplicates Kyakko since it helps keep his skills from getting rusty.

Weapons:
    Spoiler
    Show

Melee: In melee, which Anthony favors, he exclusively utilizes a bizarre double-sided scalpel in combat. By absorbing ambient reishi, it adopts the peculiar ability of being able to cut through armor or hierro with surprising ease, though this only makes up for the short length of the blade and the size of it. In simpler terms, while he can cut through the armor of most enemies he's likely to encounter, Anthony's attacks don't actually cause much damage because of the weapon itself which he makes up for by targeting vital spots.

Ranged: Anthony disdains ranged combat, preferring to get up close and personal with an enemy, but he also realizes that everyone is unlikely to share that opinion. To that end, he keeps lassos of durable wire to rope enemies down towards him, set snares, and other uses to equalize the playing field against those determined to keep their distance from him. The numerous throwing knives hilted in his boots also serve this purpose. When push comes to shove though, Anthony's impressive melee capabilities (for someone of his level of power) far eclipse his ranged combat abilities and he knows it. So he focuses on ambushes and surprise attacks to keep from being put at that hefty disadvantage and to avoid dangerous counter attacks.

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kido: None that doesn't relate specifically to the healing capabilities of his spirit revitalizers or mirror glove.

Hoho: While Anthony's speed is comparable to a fast shinigami/arrancar, he doesn't actually use shunpo, sonido, or any other variant of it.

Zanjutsu/Melee: Good, for a mortal, Anthony poses a significant threat in melee combat from his unusual chose of weapons and tendency to aim with uncanny accuracy for his enemy's vital spots. Defensively, he's literally incapable of parrying with his double-sided scalpel so his reflexes have been honed to a razor-sharp point to make up for that difference.

Hakuda: Good, for a mortal, he lacks the special Hakuda techniques of the shinigami or the hierro of the arrancar to aid bite to their blows, something he learned the hard way, and so focuses on soft styles of martial arts to make up for the difference.

Possible connections:
    Spoiler
    Show

• Other Agents
    • Spiritually Aware Mortals
    • Spiritual Anomalies
    • His workplace

Kudos to whoever can tell who I based him (heavily) off of.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-04-22 at 04:40 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

I can very easily see him as antagonistic towards Izumi...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

I can very easily see him as antagonistic towards Izumi...
    Who? Anthony?

"It's a shame that such a polite young was tainted by those filthy grave-sucking abominations!!...Sorry, I let my temper get away from me."
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."