New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    My vote is Soshi Koan probably isn't the best big bad. Even if you meant to keep him low in power, he's still an Arrancar. At this point, Hollows are intended to be dangerous to Mortals.
    As mentioned earlier, he does have some Hollows on his side. He dosn't have to come into the fray immediatly, and as said, he's balanced around the Sub Shinigami. So, even if he's an Arrancar, he's only dangerous because he knows how to use his powers.

Though, as said, he dosn't have to come into the fray himself. He's not really the type to do that off the bat. Why risk death when you can get minions?
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'd like a bit of structure to start, but also keep it slow at first. I'd like to have a bit of "almost normal kids" going on for a bit of time, then we launch into Hollow fighting.

Meanwhile, we can establish the Shinigami without crazy crises going on in the background.
    I agree with this,

3. I vote we base the first plotline, or whatever we call it on Kasanip's idea. The Mortal Characters band together to deal with a Hollow, or multiple Hollows. This means limiting the characters. I'd suggest that most of the focus be on the Mortals. Shinigami, Arrancar, Bount, and others should be kept to the sidelines for it. They can interact in Soul Society, Hueco Mundo, and the Mortal World, but they shouldn't be more then vestegial parts of this scene.
    this,

My vote is Soshi Koan probably isn't the best big bad. Even if you meant to keep him low in power, he's still an Arrancar. At this point, Hollows are intended to be dangerous to Mortals.
    And this. So, overall, slow start, which allows those who've yet to develop their powers to do so, and get acclimated to the perils of fighting hollows, before going into a full-force arc. I'm wary about having an Arrancar opponent at all at the beginning arc. Hell, a normal Adjuchas would probably be overkill.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

I second the "school day gone wrong" scenario of Kasanip's. Begin with introducing characters, have them meet up at school, describe few hours of normal activity and then BANG, Hollow incursion.

Now, who'd be the villains is a good question. Elder as an "end boss" amuses me, but he isn't really big bad material - he'd be there to kill other hollows, any fight against the mortal would be a coincidence. Then again, random smattering of Hollows, akin to the lot summoned by Hollow bait in canon, could be a good first fight.

The scene could end with some 13th divisioners arriving just as the students have dispatched last of the Hollows, thus initiating first contact with the groups.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

I had actually intended Michiko to be the first 'villain' to prompt her heel face turn by trying to 'recruit' new members into her gang.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, does anyone have any objections to talking about how we plan to start the game?

And if not, how should we? With a bang, via a first arc (most likely based on Kasanip's comic) or more slowly?
    I don't at least.
    And if not, how should we? With a bang, via a first arc (most likely based on Kasanip's comic) or more slowly?
    I think starting with a bang would be alright as long as it's not a truly immediate bang. As you suggested in one of your posts I'd like to see a school day play out first. Maybe a supernaturally long one so pairs/groups of students can each have a scene. Then we could jump to a battle and have the whole "Hey, I know you!" bits happen. Maybe after the fight the characters could go back to their daily routines for a bit until they feel a need to come together again which would allow for the slow pace knightdisciple wants.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    On the speech: you're right- probably not to those extents, but a plot based around an organisation of spiritually aware mortals being able to hold one of our teens prisoner and the rest having to rescue him/her would be... interesting, in my opinion.
    A future arc like that would interest me as well. I'd volunteer Nakahiro to be the prisoner.

Additionally, on the subject of the initial arc mainly featuring the mortal world characters, I like the idea, especially if it's based on Kasanip's drawing. If we need an "end boss," a single gillian might work well, particularly if it was followed by the arrival of some shinigami like Frozen_Feet suggested.

EDIT: Michiko's plot could potentially serve as an introduction to the characters, if it was then followed by the "day gone wrong" scenario being described.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-04-22 at 06:13 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    A future arc like that would interest me as well. I'd volunteer Nakahiro to be the prisoner.
    Funny. I was going to volunteer Izumi.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    As mentioned earlier, he does have some Hollows on his side. He dosn't have to come into the fray immediatly, and as said, he's balanced around the Sub Shinigami. So, even if he's an Arrancar, he's only dangerous because he knows how to use his powers.

Though, as said, he dosn't have to come into the fray himself. He's not really the type to do that off the bat. Why risk death when you can get minions?
    Sub shinigami or not, most of our characters will not be able to take him. Especially with him having both Hierro and Sonido.

And having him just be orchestrating it... I just don't see the point. In truth, I'd much rather have the Arc end on a triumphant note. The band of unlikely mortal heroes has over come their foes. They face new threats, but for now they taste victory.

Having Soshi sitting there, rubbing his hands together, going 'excellent,' wouldn't seem to be much of a point. I wouldn't mind having a couple of observers, taking notice, but having the attack be part of the grand scheme diminishes the imapct.

9. - Top - End - #189

Funny. I was going to volunteer Izumi.
    That could work too. I was just thinking that Nakahiro would make a very good subject for study, given the diversity of his abilities.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post

Additionally, on the subject of the initial arc mainly featuring the mortal world characters, I like the idea, especially if it's based on Kasanip's drawing. If we need an "end boss," a single gillian might work well, particularly if it was followed by the arrival of some shinigami like Frozen_Feet suggested.

EDIT: Michiko's plot could potentially serve as an introduction to the characters, if it was then followed by the "day gone wrong" scenario being described.
    Well, I'm not planning on adding SWORD into the fray until probably a few arcs later.

Plus it could use a few more agents. *cough*
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #191

Well, from the impression I got it would be somewhere down the line.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing to say it can't be both.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I had actually intended Michiko to be the first 'villain' to prompt her heel face turn by trying to 'recruit' new members into her gang.
    Hm. Maybe only some of the student characters could be involved in this one? Maybe the ones that still need to trigger their powers, but need it in a not quite lethal situation?
    Then, only a day or two after several student gain their powers, Hollows attack.

Wait! There's our Hollow Attack Catalyst! A whole bunch of Mortal kids unlocking powers. That sends up a buffet flare for the Hollow, and Bam!, attack.

Sub shinigami or not, most of our characters will not be able to take him. Especially with him having both Hierro and Sonido.

And having him just be orchestrating it... I just don't see the point. In truth, I'd much rather have the Arc end on a triumphant note. The band of unlikely mortal heroes has over come their foes. They face new threats, but for now they taste victory.

Having Soshi sitting there, rubbing his hands together, going 'excellent,' wouldn't seem to be much of a point. I wouldn't mind having a couple of observers, taking notice, but having the attack be part of the grand scheme diminishes the impact.
    +100 to this.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't mind her being antagonistic, but I don't think having the first end boss be a Human is a great idea. Having her do a face heel turn mid plot is fine though.

A Gillian could be a good end boss though.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

So, on my idea for the 'recycled' character, what do you guys think?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Any possibility of merging it to the "greater picture"? If we have most of the school day pan out before OMG HOLLOWS, she might have time to establish her nastiness.

17. - Top - End - #197

Then the question arises why in fact the characters not aligned with Soul Society or Las Noches get involved at all. While that may well be established later, asking people to wait whole story arcs to involve themselves in the game sounds counter intuitive to me.

The set up currently would literaly cut off anyone -but- the mortal characters have anything to do with any real certainty regarding plot untill the end of the first story arc, which could stretch on for a good long while if the previous game is any indication. That sounds like the perfect set up for the game to slow to a grinding halt.

There should be ties in the first arc that -all- sides can be included, even at the base level. Every character is equally as important as another. Even if there are "Secondary" characters, they arn't really secondary outside of the "main" plot. Which was why I was against a lower powered game in the first place. It creates the set up for staggered teirs, and cuts off player interaction based purely on OOC concerns, which we've seen here already.

There should be other storylines going on to account for the other factions at the very least, so people who don't have a mortal can actually do things so they don't get bored with the story. Its been proven most don't follow the storyline unless their directly involved, and if we don't want to lose players, we should have something to keep them interested.

And the solution isn't everyone roll a lower powered character or mortal. Some people either don't want to play at the lower scope, and if we made everyone roll a mortal up the cast list would be to long and the main plotline would drag.
    My Current Works

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Well, I'm not planning on adding SWORD into the fray until probably a few arcs later.

Plus it could use a few more agents. *cough*
    I might have something up my sleeve I could use for S.W.O.R.D.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Banned

My only issue with how this first encounter is that it will occur before Nico has any powers....huh...Nico could get Knocked out due to Worf effect...then the next night have his whole, gain powers by being partially devoured scene...

Does that sound good to everyone? At the beginning of the Hollow attack Nico gets K.O.ed by Worf effect?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, I could have Midkan be S.W.O.R.D's rep in the police department.

Would make him the Kaji of this game, but eh.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

It takes more than a bunch of newly awakened mortals to rouse a Gillian.

I recommend someone making a Wild Hollow (not aligned with Las Noches) on the molds of Grand Fisher. Grand Fisher was nasty, but he wasn't particularly powerful, just smart, lucky in the superpower lottery and fighting an untrained hero.

Oh wait. What are those mortals at start? Yup. Untrained heroes.

---

For the record, Reene and Donovan will be around from the start. The people in Las Noches and the Seireitei can just... You know. Make their own subplots? I think we have one or two shinigami who must be sent down to create substitutes. And there are just so many Wild Hollows in game right now that I can't see Von Geister wanting anything short of eradicating those pathetic rebels.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-22 at 06:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I don't mind her being antagonistic, but I don't think having the first end boss be a Human is a great idea. Having her do a face heel turn mid plot is fine though.

A Gillian could be a good end boss though.
    Maybe we make it so that while there's a confrontation, and maybe a bit of fight, there's not a battle?

In other words, Michiko confronts some of the students she thinks have potential to join her gang. They refuse. Mostly words are exchanged. Maybe a couple of Michiko's thugs try to attack, and (for example) Kaito's TK kicks in and stops the attack cold. It goes like that for a bit, then one side or the other says "Stop!". Then they can part with some tension in the air, or talk some more and resolve things.

Then, the next day, there's a big Hollow attack, and they have to work together.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Then the question arises why in fact the characters not aligned with Soul Society or Las Noches get involved at all. While that may well be established later, asking people to wait whole story arcs to involve themselves in the game sounds counter intuitive to me.

The set up currently would literaly cut off anyone -but- the mortal characters have anything to do with any real certainty regarding plot untill the end of the first story arc, which could stretch on for a good long while if the previous game is any indication. That sounds like the perfect set up for the game to slow to a grinding halt.

There should be ties in the first arc that -all- sides can be included, even at the base level. Every character is equally as important as another. Even if there are "Secondary" characters, they arn't really secondary outside of the "main" plot. Which was why I was against a lower powered game in the first place. It creates the set up for staggered teirs, and cuts off player interaction based purely on OOC concerns, which we've seen here already.

There should be other storylines going on to account for the other factions at the very least, so people who don't have a mortal can actually do things so they don't get bored with the story. Its been proven most don't follow the storyline unless their directly involved, and if we don't want to lose players, we should have something to keep them interested.

And the solution isn't everyone roll a lower powered character or mortal. Some people either don't want to play at the lower scope, and if we made everyone roll a mortal up the cast list would be to long and the main plotline would drag.
    Why would the Arrancar, Shinigami, and other factions be interested in a group of spiritually aware humans? Besides the obvious list?

As stated, the other characters would be welcome to be posting in their own areas. I wouldn't even be adverse to them running their own plotline.

At the end of the day, this game was decided to be lower power level, Innis. Despite your opinion, that was the choice the group made. So, those that made characters outside the power level that the main plot is at should be expected to wait till the game catches up to them.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

I recommend someone making a Wild Hollow (not aligned with Las Noches) on the molds of Grand Fisher. Grand Fisher was nasty, but he wasn't particularly powerful, just smart, lucky in the superpower lottery and fighting an untrained hero.

Oh wait. What are those mortals at start? Yup. Untrained heroes.
    This is a solid plan. I like it.

@Innis: There are other low-powered characters besides the mortals. We have quite a few unseated or lower-seated Shinigami.

Perhaps several of them are on patrol, and your rogue Arrancar sends weaker Hollows to attack them? And this ends up happening while the kids are dealing with a purely random Wild Hollow attack (with perhaps a Grand Fisher type "behind it all"). That way, we can explain why Soul Society doesn't immediately swoop in to stop things.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

So, on my idea for the 'recycled' character, what do you guys think?
    ...*clears throat*

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

For the record, Reene and Donovan will be around from the start. The people in Las Noches and the Seireitei can just... You know. Make their own subplots? I think we have one or two shinigami who must be sent down to create substitutes. And there are just so many Wild Hollows in game right now that I can't see Von Geister wanting anything short of eradicating those pathetic rebels.
    For those who missed my lil' addendum.

---

@horngeek:

Just do it already. No one has any problem with it and we can't adress issues present on a character whose sheet has not been posted. So there is nothing to argue.

Jeez. You don't see me asking a thousand times before recicling not one, not two, but three characters.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-22 at 06:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #207

Why would the Arrancar, Shinigami, and other factions be interested in a group of spiritually aware humans? Besides the obvious list?

As stated, the other characters would be welcome to be posting in their own areas. I wouldn't even be adverse to them running their own plotline.

At the end of the day, this game was decided to be lower power level, Innis. Despite your opinion, that was the choice the group made. So, those that made characters outside the power level that the main plot is at should be expected to wait till the game catches up to them.
    1. I never said they would be. I simply said there should be ties for them in the plot, because regardless of the power level, Shinigami and Arrancar/Hollow's are what make Bleach Bleach. They arn't off in some corner frozen. They are still doing things while the mortals are doing things.

2. Thats pretty much what I'm saying.

3. Then why roll them up now? Or for that matter, why roll up Captain's or Espada at all? I know what was decided, and clearly I'm working in the confines of it. But it dosn't change the fact that it does raise some issues. Most seem content to ignore them, so me bringing them up won't do anything but result in the acidic comments I've recived in the past. So I'll drop it there.
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post

Oooh! I have an idea!

Vengeful ghost of the school's previous headmaster. Can't move on before he kills all the students.

Sound good?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by XtheYeti View Post
    My only issue with how this first encounter is that it will occur before Nico has any powers....huh...Nico could get Knocked out due to Worf effect...then the next night have his whole, gain powers by being partially devoured scene...

Does that sound good to everyone? At the beginning of the Hollow attack Nico gets K.O.ed by Worf effect?
    Draken. Need input. Would like input from everyone else who will have a character involved in this plot please.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

@Frozen: No game. Reene ate his soul.

@X: Yeah, looks about fine.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing