New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation - What Shall Be (IC)

"Then, as I have said before, allow me to become your sword."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

"And do the killing i refuse to do myself? The thought does not rest easily on me. If i do find that there is an instance where destruction of life is necessary, i will ask you to do it, but i cannot condone wholesale slaughter, not even for the greater good where i do not directly participate. If you are my sword, then i choose to sheathe you for now. I will not let you kill untold numbers of mortals for the greater good. You are right, though. We must weaken the dark ones' base of power. Restoring Light and Heat to the world is a good step. Could you alter your plans to not kill any more mortals than absolutely necessary?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

"I will kill no more than is... necessary. I ask only for a few of your followers to begin training a force for the destruction of the undead and other such abominations."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

"You may have it. Which of my followers do you wish to train? you may choose from among any but my dragons. I have a special place in my heart for them and wish to see them remain as carefree and innocent as possible. Just be certain that you do not harm anyone you do not have to."
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

"Give me a collection of your most intelligent mortals. I care not about their form, only their minds."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

"Then choose for yourself from among my two orders, the Harriers of the Dead and the Master of Radiance. I give you free reign to train a selection of my disciples as you see fit. Feel free to also go out among the mortals and seek your own followers to train."

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Architect Chamber, The Celestial Observatory

"Solaron sends his greetings and requests that you meet with him in the Shining Lands to discuss matters of the fate of the world."

"Yes, yes, I know that already! Please, let him know I will come as soon as I'm finished here!"

Klashanna sighed, she hadn't meant to snap at the poor herald. "Please - let him know I'm working on something - if I'm late, its because I'm busy working on it. Its something to help us fix all this - beyond that... I can't really say."

Absently dismissing the archon, the Maiden of Invention returned to her work... she'd think of something... she HAD to think of something...

"Okay... agh... clear the simulation, lets start from the ground up again. Pull up that arcane-divine interface diagram again..."

The Saerite Expedition Base Camp, Hope

"If we do not act, we will DIE. Get that into your thick head! Whatever you say is down there PALES in comparison to the certain death that awaits us up here!"

The argument had been raging for hours - ever since the scout returned with the report that a nearby tunnel complex had been found, and that the temperature inside had been livable. Liaria had immediately dismissed the idea, but Jules had clung to it as a potential lifeline for the beleaguered expedition. The translators were merely repeating what had been said a hundred times already.

"Admiral, there are fates worse than death! Just give our clerics more time - we have endured worse winters than this with the aid of their spells! Once their power returns..."

"I have had it to HERE with these clerics of yours! Whatever they may have been able to do, they can't anymore! Admit it! This is our only option - a few more days and we'll all be frozen solid! I will not subject my people to that, and I can not in good conscience allow you to doom yours with this..."

"Perhaps I can be of assistance?"

The tent flap opened to reveal the imposing figure of Drofiel, still badly injured, but recovered enough to move about on his own. Jules' rant derailed at the unexpected entry of the angel.

"Ah, sir Drofiel, you have recovered well, it seems... are you certain you should be up? It has been less than a week... ah, where are my manners? Sir Drofiel, this is Lady Liaria, leader of the Faeli we have with us.We were... discussing... the best course of action for our peoples. I have told her what you told me, but she refuses to see reason!"

"Ah. Indeed, I can not blame her." The angel looked saddened for a moment before regaining his composure, "Lady, I have seen it with my own eyes. Aevum is... no more. His clerics will not regain their power, unless by the grace of another god. Our options are limited to the mundane, I fear. Truly... I am sorry."

The faeli leader had been struck dumb the moment the angel entered the tent, but she regained her voice enough to mutter softly, "...then it is true. I had hoped... but no. A herald would not be mistaken..." she hung her head, refusing to look the saerite admiral in the eye.

"Very well. We will descend into the depths, and take our chances with what horrors lurk beneath. Know this, Saerite - whatever happens to my people down there is on your head." She added a few more words after that, but the saerite translator tactfully excluded them.

"Finally! Finish packing up this site - we aren't coming back here. Food stores take top priority - tell the stargazers I'm sorry but..."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Okay, I honestly ran out of steam on this one. I meant to make it much longer, but I'm going to have to finish it tomorrow - its absurdly late, and I've had a busy day. But for the record, the Expedition is now Underground.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    "Then choose for yourself from among my two orders, the Harriers of the Dead and the Master of Radiance. I give you free reign to train a selection of my disciples as you see fit. Feel free to also go out among the mortals and seek your own followers to train."
    "Divine spellcasters... those who rely on our strength. No, I shall seek my own mortals. I desire them to rely own their own power so that we need not bleed ourselves dry for the sake of their protection in their most trying time. I shall return."

Minrhet leaves The Shining Lands to wander the world, floating through the air as little more than a warm breeze.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron - The Shining Lands

As his brother leaves to find his own followers, his various heralds start coming back with news from divine entities from all over the cosmos. As the number of expected guests increase, Solaron busies himself with reshaping the southen portion of the Shining Lands to be a suitable council chamber for gods, as he has begun calling the various beings of creation and destruction who exist outside of the laws of this world. Minrhet used the term once, he believes, and he finds it suitable for describing both the Creators and the Destroyers (as he has termed them to himself, those who care for life and those who don't). besides which, from what he has heard from his heralds, not all of these beings can be so easily classified as one or the other. He continues to send his heralds out to find as many such beings as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    if your god would like to sit in on this council, let me know via pm, even if you have already fluffed it out in this thread. i'd hate to lose track of someone. btw, feel free to interact with the heralds if you choose to rp out their visit to you, but please don't kill them off. minor to major torment is acceptable, however, so long as i can get them counseling to heal the mental scars.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Shining Lands

As Solaron is preparing for the divine meeting, he notices the return of Dark Orchid, one of his heralds. But immediately something seems wrong with Dark Orchid. He seems feverish, his body racked with involuntary muscle spasms and an insane look in his eyes. All of a sudden, the herald throws himself in front of Solaron and starts thrashing uncontrollably, foaming from the mouth and speaking gibberish.

Just as suddenly as it started, so did the seizure end, with Dark Orchid breathing what may have sounded like a sigh of relief, and then crumpling to the ground, remained deathly still. As Solaron looks, he notices something like a fine red mist coming out of the herald's mouth and nose. As the mist continues to pour out, it begins to take shape, until standing in front of him, is the smiling form of the god of Death.

"Hmmm... surprised that didn't kill him on the spot... he is a strong one..."
    He says looking at the unconscious Herald. Then turning towards Solaron, he tips his hat, showing his pair of horns on his head.

"Greetings... " Ever the one for good manners. "You called me?"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-06-19 at 06:21 AM.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Human Settlements

The prying red eyes looked here and there, searching for the weakest spots, the frailest of connections between souls and their mortal shells. It had took them an instant and already they found their targets; The first to become free of their suffering.

Quick to let go, quick to change, the Humans were a gift sent from heaven to the monster that was the Ring and its wielder.
    It reached out and touched them, cursed them, turning dozens at a time to mere husks. Yet some of these husks did not let go of life. They remained as they were, yet soulless. Breath and pain did not escape them, and the wielder of the Ring spat his curses at them. He lashed out and burned them, only to make them stronger.

These Humans had resolve, in spite of their weakness, the divine pondered. Their seafaring ways, through storm and rain, had made them strong, and brutal. And their souls pleased the Ring.

Enki was the god of water, and his recent experiences filled him with bitterness and iron. He decided he will toy with these men of the sea, these Soulless, and the rest of their kin.

He lifted a clawed finger and gave them weapons and shields. Another, he gave them magics, and for all those that turned to the worship of the moon and the flame, after the Darkness fell, the Humans now worshiped above all else Enki, and craved for his Ring.

Strongest and sturdiest of all Humans were the men and women of Despair, those brave enough to live on the shores of these cursed lands.

Dingwall, the biggest Human town in Despair, always had a scout on the nearby cliffs overlooking Blackwater Ocean. One fateful night, as it was always night in those times, a scout spotted a dragon-ship making its way to land.
    Knowing for certain nothing but the Undead awaited those men on the shores, but fearing to reveal his location, he just sat there on the cliffs, and watched. Then, suddenly, a multitude of lightning bolts struck the shores and lit the skeletons and zombies with blue fire. Even when they ran into the sea, not so much wanting to put out the fire as charging at the ship, the flames did not let go.

It took those men the better half of an hour to hack through the Undead and reach close enough to the scout for him to dare nothing more than a loud whisper.

"Who are you?" he said.
    "I am Erik, and this is my merry band!" announced the one at the front to his friends' chill laughter. The markings of Spell Stitching were clear on his pale skin, partly covered as it was by fur clothing and steel chain-mail.

"And your business here, Hero?"

One of Erik's men, missing pupils and any bodily hair, melted into the ground and reappeared next to the scout, his bony, skinny, naked body barely standing.
    "We're here," he said, putting an arm around the scout and smiling, "to kill some shortlings."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Create Subrace: The Soulless. These are Humans as all others, except they have no souls. This usually manifests in two ways. One, the loss of any visible signs of growth or depth, such as lack of pupils, flesh, hair and even speech.
    Second, the Soulless remain alive by being filled completely by some kind of magic. This magic is innate to them, and they usually can't do much else beside use their magics. Usually, they have interest in little else in life.

Teach Populous: Spell Stitching. This is an actual D&D thing, though only for monsters, I think.
    By engraving runic magical symbols into their skin and bone, people are able to turn one or more spells into spell-like abilities.

Guide Populace: Turn the Humans a bit, little bit, evil, but still as barbaric, yet not sickly so, as ever. Also, turns most of them to the worship of Enki, and starting the Human era of Heroes, in remembrance of their creator.

Create Organization: The Stormcallers. Basically teaching the Humans the PrC Stormcaller. Think of them as the specialized warrior-priests of the sea, aside from the Clerics.

Raise Mortal Hero: Erik Stormcaller and his troop. Not that I won't let you kill any of them when the time's right. Erik's a Stormcaller and Spell Stitched, and the skinny dude is a Soulless. The rest are Fighters/Barbarians(If anybody invented the Barbarian class already)/Clerics/Warriors, mostly.
    If anybody cares, Erik's epic, and the rest are close to epic.

So, 8 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 0 = 2 AP left.
    Last edited by Goglas; 2010-06-19 at 08:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra: Ruins of Heliopolis

Monster! I will not let you do this! Aevum shouted, his blade gleaming with light as he threw himself against Asharra with righteous fury.

She twisted aside of his strike, eldrich voices from beyond the void howling alongside her as she chanted in blackest speech a spell. The air rippled as Aevum's flesh boiled and burst... wounds opening across him like over-full cysts rupturing. He grit his teeth and endured, even as his blood stained the floor below.

You cannot best me here, evil thing. He told her sternly, pressing his attack.

This time, his blade whistled across her form, leaving a long, shallow cut that burned like fire. She screeched as the holy light of the sun seared her flesh, causing far more trauma than the blade alone could ever do. Her eyes vanished entirely, turning into soulless black orbs of malice as a mass of tendrils burst from her flesh, replacing her legs. She hovered into the air, her new appendages grabbing for Aevum en masse. He hewed one apart as it came, drawing another enraged shriek from her... and fended off a second for but a moment before he was beset and grappled by the writhing mass.

Her form grew, the inky black tendrils snaking around the sun god as he struggled to free himself. She squeezed. He channeled his essence into burning heat, scalding her badly as both struggled to end the other despite the pain. The holy light of the sun hurt like nothing else could... searing her unnatural form. Despite the pain however, she had Aevum held immobile. She only needed but a moment more.

Holding out a scalded hand, Asharra cursed at him in her dark speech... as a familiar black tendril shot from her palm, boring itself into the sun-god's chest and tearing from him his heart. He looked at her with his last moments of life... not shock or pain on his face but resolution.

This is not over. He told her as life faded from his eyes, and she tugged his heart into herself, drinking of his life and essence.

Aevum's body dropped lifeless to the ground and vanished yet again. This time, there was no rush of power. Only the pain of a battle barely won... and the knowledge that he was right. This was far from over.

-------------------------

Asharra awoke with a start. These dream-visions were becoming irritating. She had never slept before... but since she had devoured Aevum's heart, she had found herself inexorably drawn into slumber again and again. Each time, she saw him, and each time she slew him yet again... but the victory was far too narrow for her tastes. Even in death, somehow he was still seeking to best her. Perhaps a god could never truly die.

Asharra stood from the shattered and desacrated altar upon which she had slept. Around her, things were as they always were. Still the endless sea of her home place flooded into the shattered ruins of once-great Heliopolis. Most of the plane was flooded now, only the taller buildings still standing above the churning black water. Her son's newest minions, the fool celestials he had warped and corrupted, moved about the plan doing his bidding. Enki was gone from beside her, but she could feel his presence still. He had not gone far. Time had become a blur to her of late, and this lethargy and pull to slumber was becoming serious detriment to her plans. She had to find a way for it to cease.

She took to the swirling waters, making her way to the great temple itself, where she knew Enki to be. Emerging into the central chamber, she sighted him with his toy... the device of souls that Aevum had kept here. She had no real interest in the thing herself... but she knew it held some appeal to the sea god. Over the time they had been here, Enki's form had grown more and more warped and alien... his frequent contact with her literally seeping a corrupting influence into him. Initially, she had been tempted to consume the naive sea god, but now she was quite glad she had not. He might even be a more valuable ally to her than her own son, in time.

Enjoying your spoils, my love? She purred to him, her bare feet padding on the stained marble below as she walked over to him, It seems you've broken it.

She slipped a hand slowly down his back as she stepped in alongside him... put off not in the slightest at his monstrous form. She found great amusement in the fact that he seemed a monster, while her form was as soft, and unassuming as that of a beautiful, if dark, human woman. The irony brought a smirk to her lips.

I've slept too long, my love. There are things we must do. She told him as she stroked her hand down his arm, We have brought notice to ourselves, and I suspect that others will move upon us soon. We must be ready.

----------------------

Brogan Skycaller: The Underdark

Ah... all right. Brogan said in confusion, Ah cannae understand a word yer sayin'.

Brogan looked about for a moment, before pointing to the other slaves, and then himself.

Us. Me and... them. We want to... ah... go. Go! He tried to charade the action with his hands, pointing to himself and the slaves, and then the tunnels they had come down. Go up. Um... surface! Up by the sky.

He pointed up, not certain how much of what he was saying would be understood... if anything at all.

Will you? You. He pointed to the queen, Let us. A gesture to himself and the slaves. Go? Pointing upwards towards the ceiling.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron - The Shining Council

Upon such a violent intrusion by this god, Solaron was upset. However, he realized that if he invites those whom he knows nothing about, he shouldn't expect all of them to be as pure and noble as he is. "I take it that my poor herald there reached you and that you accepted my invitation. Why did you have to do something like that to him? Surely there was a less unpleasant way of reaching here." These were the polite words that Solaron said, even though internally he seethed at such a callous disregard for life.

The sun god goes down to Dark Orchid and touches him with his presence for a moment, healing him. "Well done, my servant. Rest for now, and be soothed in the gentleness of these lands." Dark Orchid quickly flies off away from the god of death.

Returning to this dark new presence in the council chambers he says, "You are the first of many to arrive. We shall get down to discussing the business that i have called you here for when more have come."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Shining Lands

Non-existant gears spun wildly and sparks flew as a ring of metal spun into being from nowhere, the air within it seething with arcane energies before settling into view of an ill-lit corridor of some far away place.

And from this corridor walked Ichmod, and as soon as he was in the Shining Lands, the door to Inovation vanished in thin air.

"Lots of... Sand. And I smell life in the air! Ohohohoho. So many possibilities."

Ichmod then notices Solaron and... Someone else. Ichmod waves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Because I did not list last week.

8 AP.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-19 at 03:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

The Shining Council

"Greetings, Ichmod. we will being discussing the reason i asked you here as soon as the other guests arrive. Please feel free to roam throughout the shining lands. My only request is that you abide the one rule of this land: do not harm another with the Spark of Life."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Shinning Council

The ghostly figure gives a confused look at Solaron. "Why you ask? Simple! Because I can! As if I need a reason..."

Then as Ichmod makes his entrance, everything makes sense to him "Ah I see... younglings... you were not there to witness my spectacular demise centuries ago, for if you were, you would know who I am, though you have no doubt witnessed my lasting legacy."

This time, giving a bow, he formally introduces himself

"I have no name, thus you may call me what ever you wish. I care little for titles. As for what I am... I am the god of Death, once again wandering this world and claiming vengeance from beyond the grave. How do you do?"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2010-06-19 at 07:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

"There are times when death is necessary, but i suspect that you and i have a different view of life and death. Regardless, a god of your experience may be able to help us out immensely in our plans."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Shinning Council

"As you wish." Says that god of Death, as he floats to a dark corner of the room, and patiently awaits for the meeting to start. Since this was not his meeting to chair, he would remain silent unless called upon to speak.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Many Legged Goddess

The Goddess arrived, in all of her massive glory and beauty, gnashing ant-head atop a massive body, set upon a still more massive abdomen, legs all along her bloated body tall than three men but still seeming barely enough to heft her great form, she came somewhat late to the gathering, and offered her apologies. "ÉN mentegetőzik részére az én -m késés , ÉN akar volna megérkezik korábbi de ÉN kapott itt a ódivatú út. Volna Lekéstem akármi fontos?"
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Solaron loops a thin layer of magical energy around himself, infusing it to translate speech to the common language of hope.

his translation states "I apologize for my delay, I would have arrived earlier but I got here the old fashioned way. Have I missed anything important?"

to which solaron replies and his Global Translator translates as "Miért, még nem hiányzott a dolog. Fogunk elindulni, ha a többi istenek érkeznek."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Many Legged Goddess

The bloated Formian Goddess-Queen responds in her clicking language. "ÉN csinál ért Mindennapi , és minden nyelv , ÉN csak nem tud beszél őket. ÉN fog követ ön -ban váró."

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

"Nagyon köszönöm választotta, hogy vegyen részt ebben."

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

Ichmod

Ichmod looks at the exhcange between the two deities, poking his nose.

He then pulls from his armor a Gnomish Universal Translator.

"Speak bloody common you two!"

Ichmod casts tongues. So that the Queen can speak bloody common.

He then sat on the ground, and started to stare intently at the sand.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-06-20 at 02:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

Aroha, Ruins of Heliopolus

Everywhere there was devastation. What once was a bright and peaceful realm had been fouled and corrupted beyond recognition. She hovered above the black water and fallen stone and wept for those who died here, whether they be creator or the created.

Below in the inky depths, twisted creatures moved. She looked upon them with horror and pity. She yearned to reach out and help them, heal them, but there were too many...they would flow over her and consume her. She summoned up a protective shield about herself, so that they could not harm her.

She moved on. She could feel the familiar power of her father somewhere in this place... but she could not fathom that he would be part of this slaughter. He was gentle and good. He had birthed her from his own tears shed for the suffering of others. How could he turn about and do something like this?

Aroha came upon the remnants of a large room and lowered herself to step upon the stained marble floor. There was someone here. She ventured deeper into the dark to find them.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ulthrogrog and Ahora-Ruins of Heliopolis

From the blackest depths of the drowning City of Light, Ulthrogrog emerged in a shower of entropic water. His tentacles quickly encircled the intruder he had sensed, preventing their escape. He had almost moved to make the killing blow, but then sensed something all too familiar within this creature. She was a Creator, yes, but she was something more...the familiar feeling of cool water radiated from her.

This was a child of Enki, and therefore, this was his sister. He knew she existed, he had sensed the pulse of her mind before he had even been formed. The Goddess of Mercy, She Who Mourns. He could not comprehend the benefit in sacrificing one's well-being for the foolishness of others. In spite of all he knew about her, however, he was still taken aback to see her here. He observed the tears as they slid down from her face, causing ripples within the sable waves. He gazed directly into those eyes, still blocking her escape, but allowing her to approach further if she chose to. His voice boomed in an unknown language from his gill-like orifices, while a language she could understand echoed within her mind. The rumbling ambience in her mind was not unlike the crashing of the waves of a storm-wracked sea.

"Why have you come here, Sister? Surely you do not think that your Mercy has a place here... If mercy had stayed Father's hand, he would surely have perished to The Devourer. There are no shards of regret for you to coax from Father. And there are certainly none that you may coax from me. Sadly, dear sister, the Creators are a plague upon this Universe. Mother, Father, and I, as well as our leashed Devourer plan to remedy this plague. This was but the first step. Unfortunately, all Creators will have to die at one point...I will regret having to end the life of my dearest Sister...but if it is what must be done, then so it shall be."
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Keia: The Underdark

@Crypticocean
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry... lost this one in the shuffle of all those posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrypticOcean View Post
    Daeldroth and Keia-The Underdark

The mighty skum hesitated. Her pathetic begging, her desperate pleas for help...he was not sure whether to be disgusted or saddened. Perhaps he felt both at once, and was unable to recognize one while he focused on the other. Regardless, she had offered herself up to his mercy, and if her people respected her in spite of this display, that would be enough. He placed a clawed, webbed digit upon her chin, lifting her head up until her gaze met his. He allowed a tear to roll upon his finger, looking upon it for a moment before flicking it away in disgust.

"...Very well, land-dweller. I accept your mind, your body, and your fealty. I will still leave you my emissaries...just in case you need any more of our aid. For the life of one, I must receive the life of another. I do not want your soul as a sacrifice, land-dweller. You serve me best alive. ...As another demonstration of Ulthrogrog's mercy, I shall pick the sacrifice from amongst my own flock. Bring me to your altar-room. I shall perform the ritual there. When it is over, you shall come with me. I shall discuss my plans with you only after the ritual is performed, not before."

Not one skum did falter at the mention of sacrifice, and the Watcher continued to live up to its namesake. They all followed the will of Daeldroth, whose will was that of Ulthrogrog. They would all continue to follow, no matter where he led them.

Keia bowed her head in resignation, warring against herself. Somewhere, deep down, he knew this was obsession. She knew that this would only end poorly... that she was all-but selling her soul. But madness had taken her as much as the rest of her kind. She could not lose him again.

A-all right. She said, her voice drained and defeated. Just help him. I will do... anything you ask.

She gave command to several of her fellows, leaving them to regroup at the city, and that she would re-join them if she could. She took her love's body, carefully wrapped in what tattered rags they could spare, and followed the minions of the great aboleth god to wherever they would take her.

----------------

Azariel and Aurelia: Hope

Soaring through the lightless sky, the two celestials scanned the earth below for signs of life. Hope filled them that there were still lights amidst the darkness... and people struggling to rebuild. Panic was spreading amongst them, of course... but they yet lived. There was still life to be saved.

As they moved... they came upon a train of mortals traveling eastwards across the rough hills of Hope. The majority of the travelers seemed to be Faeli... though a smattering of other mortals moved amongst them. Swooping low, the two gave them ample warning of their arrival.

Lifebringer's blessings! A faeli man called out as he rode ahead to meet them, Please... you must help us. We have wounded!

Take me to them.

The two were taken amidst the band... a mere thirty or forty souls that had been moving east for days now. Their elder and un-official leader informed them that panic had set when the darkness came... and that he, like every other priest of the lifegiver that they had seen since then, had felt a horrible ripping pain in their hearts, and lost all of their ability to channel divine magic. They feared the worst... and making matters worse, not a week after the darkness began, fiends from the sea had burst forth to attack their village. The hunched, clawed frog things had carried all they could off into the waves... where massive fish-like beasts waited for them. The survivors fled.

They had picked up others as they moved... at first going to nearby settlements they knew of to warn them of the Skum attacks. Eventually, they just moved inland, as the majority of the attacks seemed to come from the sea. Not long ago, they had heard of a place of safe haven that was left upon the continent. This "Elysium" they spoke of, seemed to call to them, offering peace, hope, and shelter to all who came to it. They had been making their way to it for almost a month now, their pace slowed by their own wounded.

Azariel mended the ill and wounded as Aurelia spoke to the elder. Such was the Solar's power that even diminished as he was, his actions were a miracle to the people he met. He could feel the hope coming from them just at their presence here, and it eased the pain of his loss somewhat. As long as even a single soul was left of this earth, he would not give up.

We have been flying for days. Aurelia spoke, You are not the only band we have aided. Do not give up hope.

Then is the lifegiver truly...? He said, unable to bring himself to utter the truth aloud.

Aurelia gave a sad nod. He... was betrayed. He fell. She said, head bowed in respect, But all is not lost. We are gathering force to rebuild... and to protect those who remain from the ones who caused this.

What could cause this? The elder spoke in dismay, staring up at the sunless sky. What foulness could end the bringer of life?

Trust not the sea. She warned him bitterly, The sea god betrayed us. He set the great beast upon us, and led my lord to the slaughter. Our home is flooded and broken. Let the name Enki be forever a curse upon your lips. The seas are no longer safe.

Our lord spoke something... before he fell. Azariel said, standing from his last patient, He spoke of another hand behind it all. A darker force. I believe I felt it, just before he was lost.

It was Enki. Aurelia said, her aura bristling noticably with anger, He betrayed us all. He caused all of this!

Ease. Azariel told her calmly, trying to soothe her before she caused more harm, Not now sister. Not here.

She looked about at the poor, frightened mortals about her, and nodded. She did not want to see her anger ruin them... but gods help her, she could not hide it. Thinking of it made her body literally seethe with hate for the ones who had done this. All this death was on their hands.

I need... space. She said curtly, I will meet you at this... Elysium, brother. Please... keep these souls intact.

Azariel nodded to her, quelling his concern for now. Aevum's death had affected her deeply, but he had faith in her. She would endure. With a single beat of her powerful wings, Aurelia took to the air, soaring off into the darkened sky to seek others to help.

Come. He told the Faeli looking on in worry, I will keep you safe along the way.

------------------

Godly Actions: AP: 0 + 4 (Rollover) = 4

Pantheon AP: 0 + 1 (Rollover) = 1

No actions... yet.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Formian Queen, Brogan Skycaller

The Formian Queen shakes her head in frustration, and then grunts in realization. She screeches towards the Abeil nest, and from it flies a warrior who had come with the expedition. She chitters to him briefly in their odd language, and then he turns to Brogan, "I ehm nat porticulorly flooent en Comman, bet I kenn speek eh leetle, eh et es nat complacated. Tha Queen weshes tu knaw ef yu wood beh welleng tu gide us in thehs strange land."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Brogan Skycaller: The Formian's Lair

Brogan looked at the creature, then to the other slaves. He knew what he had to do.

If ye help these folk. Feed 'em and keep 'em safe... Ah'll do wha'ever y' want.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

Enki and Asharra, The Scrying Room, Heliopolis

Enki tore his gaze from the Scrying Disk after what seemed like days, his concentration vanishing as soon as he heard his love walk in.
    Although his body and mind were drawn to her, after missing for her touch and hearing her voice for so very long, the Ring resisted. It did not wish its wielder to occupy his senses with anything but the Ring, and so it pulled him back.

In the dark Enki's eyes shown with their red glow, revealing to his love a pale, withered face. It was so white his thin veins could easily be seen pumping divine blood across his body. His split cheeks rose up with a slight tremble as he tried to smile, the blood pouring from his face, down his neck, and to the once clean, pure silken robe.

The monster listened intently to his Lady's every word. He gasped as she touched him, partly from desire, partly from the pain as her fingers drained his strength. The Ring forced his hand to the Scrying Disk.

"Ready for what, My Lady?" he asked, his voice dry and deep. "The world is freezing, the mortals beg for the end. The seas are ravaged by storms, and everything is dark..." his clawed hands shook and his voice cracked. "So dark."

The Ring's light blue glow intensified, as well as Asharra's touch. "What have we to fear, my love? You are more powerful than ever, and my strength is growing. Who would dare oppose us?"
    He gestured to the Disk. "Look, my love, it is all coming to an en-"
    He silenced. Was it possible? There, to the south, a Light remained!

"I understand," he said. "Yet how did you know?"
    He did not wait for an answer, as he knew better than to question her. "Let us see what these 'others' plan, shall we?"
    He dipped a claw in the Disk's water, the Humans disappearing with the ripples and the gods of Light coming into view.

Erik, Dingwall, Despair

The largest Human town in Despair, unlike its usual quite self, was tonight extraordinarily loud. A great Mead Hall has been quickly built up from local dead wood in honor of the arrival of the brave heroes, and their leader Erik, almost two weeks ago, and, of course, their triumphant battle over the Undead at the shore.

Unlike the first and second Opening Day of the Hall, this time Erik, his Soulless companion, and the local Earls and Huscarles, did not end the festivities by singing wildly the praises of fabled nymphs until falling into heavy sleep on the floor. The lord did so, and was snoring happily on his large chair at the end of the hall.
    Instead, the rest decided it was time to gather around a large wooden table and make the decision; Who are we going to kill?

"Let us drive off the Undead!" said an old and wise Earl. "I do not wish my family to live in fear of being eaten, and it's hard to sleep with all that blasted moaning."

"Damn your sleep!" said a Huscarle. "I want money, and rumors have it the Undead Liches have untold riches and magical items in their keep. Let us go and steal it!"

"And bring a Dracolich on our heads to send us all to the Ring? Are you insane?" said the old Earl.

"If it is riches that you want," said another, "perhaps we should go and raid the Gnomes? Their gems and precious stones are more valuable than most things."

"Why?" said the Soulless, putting both hands on the table to support his frail body. "Why take gems and bring the wrath of floating cities on you, instead of just taking a few slaves and have them dig more stones for you?"

"Not to mention all the other things slaves can do," said the Earl. "Goblins would be best. You can take them in numbers, and scouts tell me that Badcity is exploding anyway. Perhaps they won't notice a few hundred missing."
    "Selling slaves would be profitable. To the richmen of Hope, to the Gnomes, to other Goblins, perhaps even to those strange creatures up north and down south. Not to mention-"

The lord of Dingwall suddenly rose from his chair, wide eyed, and screamed out "To the Illithids!"
    The group of warriors shuddered. "Yea, them too."

"It is decided then," said Erik. "We raid Badcity!"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Shining Council

A short distance to the north of the place where the various deities were conferring, a plume of dirt flew up into the air as a small hill was rather forcefully displaced.

A few minutes later, a rather bruised (well, as bruised as an entity made largely of glass can be) goddess staggered into the council chamber. Klashanna's voice was oddly stilted as she spoke.

"S-sorry... I'm... late. A-a little b-bit of advice... Planet's atmosphere i-is not suitable for r-relativistic travel. S-stupid mistake. S-still reconstructing atomic s-structure. G-give me a s-second."

Taking a few moments to compose herself (largely by filtering out some of the more absurdly radioactive elemental compounds she had acquired) she spoke again.

"Ah... ummm... that's better... Sol, there's a hill over there that you might want to ummm... fix. I was running late and a mass accelerator seemed like a good way to get here quickly." an awkward pause here, "... it wasn't."

"Anyway, is everyone here? I think a few introductions are in order. I am Klashanna - I am younger than many of you, but I belive my efforts have helped the world in some small way. I know you, Solaron. And Ichmod." Moving to face the Many-Legged Goddess, "I know you by observation only - I must thank you, your children provided the inspiration for my Saerites. It is a pleasure to meet you in person." realizing the absurdity of offering a handshake to the massive creature, Klashanna went through a few motions of one of the odd dance-greetings the Abiel used, hoping the goddess would understand.

"And... I don't think I've ever seen you before." This time she addressed Death, "Your hat is very nice though."

After finishing her greetings, she spoke once again to the chairman of this meeting. "Ah, Solaron? I finished the design I told you about. With your permission, I would like to present it to the assembly."